Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades - Page 2 Empty [Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

(The day after they left Vavaren)

Asher had set up everything he needed in the med bay. Wires, cleaning supplies in case gunk had accumulated in Mourn's electronic parts, the new processor, tools to connect everything together. Kay would be making sure Mourn stayed stable and unconscious while Asher worked. James was staying nearby to be useful if either medic needed something.
This was going to be slightly nerve wracking.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

[Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades - Page 2 Empty Re: [Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Kay looked up from his monitoring to check Asher's progress, he nodded to let him know things were okay. For now anyway. The sooner they got this done, the sooner he'd feel better though. The longer Mourn was under, the more risks were being run.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

[Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades - Page 2 Empty Re: [Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:50 pm

Asher switched Mourn's implant on, checking for signs that it was booting up correctly.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:55 pm

Kay kept a close eye on that dropping blood pressure and checked the breathing tubes.

Mourn's implants booted up, the little red light of his optic lit up, just visible under the shutter over it. It clicked a few times as the focus ran through it's load up checks. There was a whirring sound as everything booted up, including the new processor.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:58 pm

"All right," Asher said, beginning to reattach the plate on Mourn's skull, "I think everything is working. He's ready to wake up now."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:01 pm

Kay nodded and breathed a sigh of relief, setting things up to bring the anesthetic down and bring Mourn back to consciousness. As soon as he started to stir he'd ease the breathing tube out as well, and disconnected all the tubes and wires.

[stand back everyone.] He warned, stepping away to watch Mourn wake from a safe distance just in case he woke up punching.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Asher moved out of the way. James reluctantly moved in front of the medics, because he was still technically on meat shield duty. They waited.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:08 pm

Mourn stirred, twitched, and did wake up swinging. Robotic arm went for a swipe before he groaned, opened his good eye and looked around groggily.

Kay smiled reassuringly at him.

Mourn blinked, he looked extremely disoriented.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:10 pm

Asher came over, moving deliberately so as not to startle Mourn, and would hand Mourn back his optic attachments if Mourn didn't claw him immediately.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Mourn tensed, but he was a bit too groggy to really do much. He took the optic and rather heavyhandedly rammed them back into their attachment, twisting to click them into place. The whole thing clicked and hummed as it adjusted.

"It.. work then?" He asked. He was slurring his words. "What wrong?"

[It's the anesthetic, you'll feel a bit groggy and spaced out for a few hours while it processes out of your system. You should rest for a while, you should feel better after a bit of sleep.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:29 pm

"You're going to be fine," Asher told Mourn, even though he wasn't sure Mourn could read his lips in this state. "Your new processor booted up very quickly. Just rest, and then we can see how well it works."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:32 pm

One of hte advantages of a mostly computer brain was that despite his organic side being doped up to the eyeballs and mostly useless, the computer side could still process things, it just was a little slower than usual. He nodded and lay back down, curling up with his tail wrapped around himself.

Kay shook his head and busied himself tidying things away. They could move Mourn somewhere quiet to rest, though he'd be better to stay in the medical bay till he was deemed fit enough to discharge.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:38 pm

Asher put away his tools and spare parts, and stowed Mourn's old processor carefully. Then he set a cup of water near Mourn for when he woke up, and once things were cleaned up, went to the desk so he could play with his tablet and keep an eye on Mourn.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:42 pm

Kay smiled to James. [Are you alright?] He indicated his hand.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:46 pm

James looked at his hand, poking at the skin a bit sadly. A bit of lubricant had worked its way into the tears in his skin and looked weird, but otherwise the damage wasn't especially bad. "Nothing a bit of adhesive won't fix," he said with a smile. "Man, am I glad that's over though."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:52 pm

Kay nodded. [As am I. I'm glad you two are strong, he could do an awful lot of damage otherwise. I assume you want to handle your own repairs but if you need a hand.] He nodded and glanced to Asher. [That was nerve wracking right?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:59 pm

"Should be an easy repair. Every android learns how to fix skin damage super quickly," James said cheerfully to Kay.

Asher nodded. "That was pretty stressful, but it seems to have gone all right, thankfully. I hope this will help Mourn a lot next time he has to reboot." He added softly, "I'm glad you both were there. You guys did an excellent job."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:01 pm

Kay bowed his head to Asher. [Probably one of the weirder surgeries i've sat through. But probably the least messy, which is something.] He smiled.

He nodded to James. [Good. Thank you for helping out, I dread to think how we'd have managed this without you. I keep saying we need security.] He smirked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:18 pm

Asher laughed. "Definitely an unusual experience, and not the sort of thing I ever expected to be part of." He looked at Kay for a long moment, thinking of how wonderfully competent he was. He couldn't imagine a better partner for an operation like that.

"Maybe I'm wasted as Captain Bond. Maybe I should be Security Chief Bond," James joked. He held up his hand for the medics' inspection, "Mourn seems okay, so I'd better go get this glued up. Have Vestia call me if you need more security work."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:45 am

Kay smiled. [Thank you James. ] He looked sidelong at Asher, wondering why he was staring at him like that.
He waited till James had gone to take his own seat and ask [What is it?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:50 am

James waved and wandered off to repair himself.

Asher paused, choosing his words carefully to keep them professional. "I was thinking how sensible and competent you are, and how I wouldn't choose anyone else to be my partner in an operation like that."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:22 am

Kay looked bemused. [Thank you, I think. ] He shook his head. Of course he was competent, this was his JOB. [You'd make a great surgeon, steady hands are a prerequisite.] He smiled softly.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:35 am

Asher looked a bit sheepish. "If we weren't on duty still, I'd tell you that's part of why I love you. But we are on duty, so I'll leave it at the that."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:42 am

Hhe glanced to mourn, who was sleeping already. Twitching a little and making little kitty snoring sounds.
[I wonder if all Felid are so cat-like...] He mused, shaking his head.
[You can tell me all about it later, how about that?] He smiled and reached over to pat Asher's hand gently, a teeny gesture of affection before he went back to filling out Mourn's medical notes. [I love you too Asher. ] He wrote, nodding, then clearing the screen of text. Because HAH, he could do that.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:45 am

Asher smiled and started updating inventory lists, waiting for Mourn to wake up.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:52 am

Mourn would sleep for an hour or so, anesthetic was nasty stuff, plus he was a cat and what creature loved sleep more?
He finally stirred and opened his good eye, grinning sidelong at the medics but not lifting his head off the pillow.

"You been doing paperwork while I sleep?" He asked, clearly amused by how boring they were.

Kay came over to check him over. [How are you feeling?]

"Fine." Mourn sat up and let Kay scan him.

[Good. From a medical standpoint your readings are normal, well, as normal as they ever are for you. ] He looked to Asher.

"We test processor?" Mourn asked, looking from Kay to Asher.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Asher nodded gratefully to Kay. "Let's try this thing out," he said, smiling at Mourn. He had brought in a laptop for just this purpose, and he carried out over. "Do you mind if I look at your readouts while you test things out? You should be noticing a significant speed increase already, but it'd be good to see what your OS has to say."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:49 pm

Mourn nodded and reached out a hand for the cable. "Let see." He looked a little over eager.

Kay shook his head and left them to it, he couldn't really offer much for this side of things. So he settled down to watch them do whatever it was they had to do.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next