Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two

4 posters

Page 12 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two - Page 12 Empty Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two

Post by Admin Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Deeply Acus sighed as he paused and turned around, arms crossed. "Yes?"

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two - Page 12 Empty Re: Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two

Post by Starrnico Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:35 pm

"Studying, but I need a break" Dawn said then smiled at James and Swarm "I heard you talking so I came to see what was going on." She answered then looked back to Swarm again "I am learning a lot, but there is a whole lot more to learn, it would take years to learn all of that."

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two - Page 12 Empty Re: Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:39 pm

"So much knowledge to absorb." "yes, takes much time" "only one mind, poor thing." "So inefficient."

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:45 pm

"Well, uh, I appreciate that you're doing this," James said awkwardly. "It's good to have someone prepared for emergencies."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:48 pm

Dawn looked to James and smiled again "It's always good to have those who know how to heal, even if it overlaps with other duties. I wouldn't mind help with my studying though, never know when one medic could be hurt or unable to help where another could." She said cheerfully.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:51 pm

"Also, the android should be immune to the demon spawn's ability." Swarm remarked. "Nasty demon spawn."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:56 pm

"You're right," James told Dawn, smiling hesitantly. It was scary to be redundant, and not have a unique purpose to serve. Still, Asher had a coworker, right? And he hadn't been sold yet.

Last edited by Kooshie on Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:58 pm

Dawn frowned a little then sighed and shook her head "His name is Esk, not demon spawn" She said and shook her head "And don't you think that part of the reason he's the way he is is because of people making fun of his gift? You shouldn't be mean about it, it's not something he can stop."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:02 pm

"Oh not being cruel." The swarm bowed their head as Dawn chastised them. "Killed some of our number, dangerous being.. so much anger. " Wonder if he could learn control." "Does he have the temperament?" "Tanaari are dangerous, even only a half blood... " They tilted their head at Dawn. "Why are you so protective of him?" they asked in placid curiosity.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Dawn listened to Swarm then sighed and looked away with a shrug "It's like a half-Pandoran that can't use their natural gift, They get bullied and teased and that's wrong to hurt others with words or talk about them behind their back, especially for something they are born with and have no say in having or not having it. It's like those Terran groups that want to exterminate all 'alien' species just for not being Terran. Each of us in the universe is different, even within one species and we shouldn't hurt one another for being different otherwise we would be all alone with no one to turn to when we need them."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:13 pm

"He killed part of Swarm though, that's not acceptable behavior," James pointed out to Dawn. Swarm was translating for him, so he was able to follow the conversation.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:14 pm

Swarm looked worried, whispering amongst themselves as they argued.
"Be careful Dawn. He's broken. Don't get hurt." Part of their number had dissipated and spelled things out for James so he could follow along.

-Keep- -her- -safe- They wrote to him.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Dawn sighed and nodded "That is wrong of him to kill part of Swarm, but still not a reason to talk about people based on what they cannot control." She said then looked back to Swarm "I know he is broken, I am not here to fix him besides medically. I know I am not a therapist and I cannot heal wounds that deep."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:19 pm

James nodded at Swarm's advice. He might not be able to fight Esk, but at least he was immune to his power. Being an android was awesome.
"He's also a jerk though," James pointed out, "That's a reason to not talk to him."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Yep, Swarm was definitely concerned about her. "try not to get too close." They told her, and they weren't meaning physically. They'd watched thousands of people over the years, seen so much joy and so so much heartache. Yet still they did genuinely care about those they traveled with. Their companions were more than idle entertainment, they were friends. Even a hive mind craved friendship apparently, least this one did. They didn't belong anywhere else after all.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:28 pm

Dawn sighed and shook her head "I try to be friends with most peoples I meet, that is my nature. He did help me when he didn't really have to back on that station, and I know how hard it can be to grow up different than everyone around you. My best friend at nome was powerless and I saw how much it hurt her to have comments made about that constantly. It's not easy to live through that when you are a child and it makes you bitter as an adult, makes you push others away by whatever means you can before they can hurt you too, or it makes you long for death." She said then shrugged and looked away from them both.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:48 pm

James winced. He could understand that, and he almost felt sorry for Esk for a moment before remembering that oh yeah, Esk was complete scum. Still, no need to argue the point with Dawn. "You're a better person than I am," he said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:52 pm

Dawn shook her head and looked back to James, wanting to make him not feel bad "Different experiences and different ways of dealing with it." She said and shrugged lightly "Anyway, I would like a study partner if you really are worried about being sold off for not having a specific job. After all, there is only so much of living with my uncle I can take before I go home for my own sanity" She said, teasing a little at the end.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:07 pm

James squirmed nervously. Dawn freaked him out with her understanding words, and her talent, and it was kind of scary that she knew what he was freaking out about now. He forced himself to smile again. "That sounds good," he said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:09 pm

Swarm dissipated to just let the two "medics" get on with things. Watching them and chattering amongst themselves.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:22 pm

Dawn smiled again then glanced around "Anyway, right now, I need a snack, wanna come with me? We can check on Uncle after."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:01 pm

"I've gotta finish mopping. How about you stop by after and we can go check on your uncle together?" She was nice, he knew it was just his stupid neuroses making him nervous around her.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:09 pm

"Alright" Dawn said with a small shrug then turned to head off for the galley to find something to snack on, preferably something sugary, though she would settle for an apple or other fruit if she had to.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:13 am

James went back to mopping. For all that the low minds of the world *cough cough* Esk *cough cough* might mock him for doing such a lowly task, he didn't actually mind it much. It was stereotypical robot work, but James was willing enough to embrace some robot stereotypes.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:57 pm

Acus would be heading to the mess hall as he froze and fell to his knee clutching his heart as he screamed out in horrible pain. His body shook as thousand of invisible needles stabbed him, his eyes becamed unfocus as he could hear the screams. Tears streamed down his face unknownly as the darken feeling filled him, "N-no.."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:58 pm

Dawn flinched and turned, heading for the yelling Acus and dropping beside him "Are you alright? What happened?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:01 pm

"Avia...gone.." He said brokenly, his breathing a heavy pained pant.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:05 pm

The swarm rapidly took form, gliding across the floor to Acus' side. "Gone? How?" They buzzed amongst themselves in agitation.

Luka heard the yell and frowned, coming to investigate.

Esk assumed someone was just fighting again and ignored it.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next