Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern fantasy vampirey magic whatever rp

4 posters

Page 1 of 35 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Go down

Modern fantasy vampirey magic whatever rp Empty Modern fantasy vampirey magic whatever rp

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:32 pm

(okay, in brief: The setting is thus. Vampires have just come out to the world, and a fair few of them aren't very happy about it.
There are other supernaturals about, and magic users too, they may or may not be happy about this revelation either.
Setting is London, because screw america centric rps bwhahahah.

Asher Delacroix is a vampire, he has a decent following on Youtube where he posts Vlogs about life as a member of the undead and answers people's questions about his condition. While he wasn't responsible for the outing of vampires, he was one of the earliest British vampires to come out as one publicly.

There are "Enforcers", a vampire police force who till now have been trying to keep the knowledge of the supernatural out of the public eye.

There are werewolves, there's mages/witches, there's ghosts and fae and anything else you want, go for it.)

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Modern fantasy vampirey magic whatever rp Empty Re: Modern fantasy vampirey magic whatever rp

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:33 pm

There was a knock at the door, a stern rap rap rap that Asher suspected wouldn't turn out to be a friendly guest.

He wasn't expecting anyone, the cabal guy wasn't due till some time next week. With the tv out, he'd decided to spend his free time trying out some of his mother's old recipes.
His father had found the hand written notes in a box recently and dutifully posted them out.

Asher loved to cook, even if he could no longer eat what he made. His coworkers and neighbors all seemed to appreciate his efforts anyway, nothing broke the ice better than freshly baked pastries and cakes.

He ignored the door. Perhaps if he didn't answer they'd go away.
They knocked again, louder this time.

Asher sighed, slid the baking tray into the oven and wiped his hands off on his apron.

“Coming!” He called. This better be important.

The man on the other side of the door didn't look friendly, in fact, Asher was pretty certain the guy wanted to punch him. He flinched, stepping back and watching the man warily.

“can... I help you?” He asked cautiously.

The other man was stocky, well built and dressed like he'd stepped out of one of those punk videos from the 80s. He wore a lot of leather, his blonde hair slicked back into a ponytail and his grey eyes narrowed as he stared back at the Frenchman.

Asher looked warily into that scarred face, here was a man, he mused, who'd been in a lot of fights. What was he doing here harassing a lowly bartender?

The punk glowered. “Asher Delacroix?” He asked, his voice gruff.

“Uh... yes?” Asher wasn't sure he liked where this was going.
The longer he looked at the other man the more unsettled he became. Those piercing eyes were unnatural, those chapped lips and pale skin... “You.. you're one of...” Asher began, realizing at last why this man must be here.

“May I come in?”

Asher glanced back toward the kitchen, then back at the man. He shook his head. “no... No I don't think that's a good idea.”

“I really must insist.”

Asher shook his head. “Whatever you need to say, you tell me here. What do you want?”

“You know exactly what I want Mr Delacroix, the videos? The chat show fiasco?”

Asher frowned. He wouldn't exactly call what happened a fiasco. The bigoted hunter jerk had called him a monster and he'd called him a sociopathic mass murdering prick. It got a round of applause from the audience, and a lot of complaints from viewers. Asher was rather pleased he'd gotten people so ruffled actually, it got them talking, thinking even.

“Yeah... I don't think I am allowed to do tv any more.” He admitted, hiding a smirk behind one hand.

The other man still looked unimpressed.
“We need to talk.” he repeated.

“I thought that was what we were doing?” Asher retorted. He was starting to feel a little safer. If this man really was another vampire, he couldn't cross the threshold uninvited. It meant that so long as Asher stayed this side of the door and the punk remained on the other, everything would be fine.

“Here really isn't an appropriate venue. I'm sure you'd rather do this in private.”

“Not really. I like an audience.” Asher smiled lopsidedly. “Why don't we do this another night, I am really quite busy”

“Mr Delacroix.” The punk was clearly starting to get aggravated. “this isn't helpful. There are those who want you silenced, you have to stop what you're doing for your own safety.”

“I am well aware of the danger I put myself in thank you. I am not stupid. “ Asher retorted. “And besides, what do you care for my well being? Who ARE you?”

The punk rubbed the bridge of his nose as if he had a headache. “Mitchell McGuire, I'm an enforcer.”

Ahh, he was a cop. Or at least the vampiric equivalent. Asher had heard of them before, but he'd never actually had a run in with them till now. They usually left you alone, unless you broke their so called rules and regulations.
Asher looked the man up and down.

“Why are you really here?” Enforcers didn't come knocking just to warn you, they came to kill you.

Mitchell sighed. “You need to stop. The videos, the interviews.. all of it.”

“Because I am spilling all of your precious secrets?”

“Because you're telling them how to hurt us!” Mitchell snapped, moving forward and stopping as he hit the threshold. His hands clenched into fists.

Asher backed away. “and if I don't stop?”

“Then i'll have to make you comply.”

Asher glared. “let me get this straight.. you are coming, knocking on my door, demanding to be let in. Which by the way, you are NOT doing... ever, and then you threaten me? “ Asher scoffed. “now you are definitely staying out there. What you going to do? Stand there all night?”

“If needs be.”

“The sun will come up eventually.”

“You'll have to leave your apartment eventually.”

“I don't know, I do have pretty much all I need here. I can call in sick. Sorry, can't come in tonight, there's a crazed lunatic holding me hostage.”

“the neighbors are listening.” Mitchell glanced around, an ajar door slammed abruptly. “Do they know?”

Asher hesitated. His neighbors, no, they didn't know. Most of them were too old to watch internet videos and he highly doubted the rest watched late night political debates.

“It's peaceful here, do you think they'll feel so safe if they knew?” Mitchell continued in a quiet tone.

“You are NOT coming in .” Asher growled.

The beep of the oven timer interrupted the stalemate.

“Wait there, or.. leave.. whichever. My cakes are ready.” Asher hurried to the kitchen, leaving the door open and an irritated looking Mitchell framed in the doorway.

“You'll have to leave eventually, you know that. And if I can find where you live, I can find where you work, where you shop. I know everything about you Asher.” Mitchell called.

“I will not be intimidated by you and your little organization.” Asher called back. “Do you want a cupcake?”

“what?”

“Cupcakes, I made cupcakes.”

Mitchell twitched a little, this man was really starting to irritate him. “Don't try to change the subject.”

“I was just being polite. I was not sure if you could eat them. I can't, but they still smell so wonderful. I like the place to smell of baked goods, reminds me of my childhood you know?”

Mitchell gritted his teeth. “Stop it.”

“Oh I AM sorry, do you expect me to spend the entire night standing here arguing with you? I' am not letting you in, and I will not stop the videos. It is not happening. You can threaten me all you like, but if anything happens to me, well.. let us see.. shall I make a nice little video now? “ He picked up his laptop from the coffee table. “Smile for the camera won't you?”

“Be reasonable, all you're doing is telling everyone how to find and hurt us. It isn't helping, it's just putting a target on your head and putting everyone else at risk!”

Asher shook his head. “ignorance and fear Is what puts us at risk. What I am doing is showing everyone we're still human.”

“You're an idiot.”

“And you are an asshole. Yet here we are. “ Asher glanced at his watch. “You have several hours to stand there looking like a how do you say.. I think the english say pillock... yes, a good term I think. Or... you could leave me alone and go back to doing whatever it is you do when you aren't threatening people in their homes.”

Mitchell looked uneasy, he didn't like the audience, and he knew people were watching. He could feel the prickle on the back of his neck as nosy neighbors peered out into the hall to see what the commotion was about.
“Please, just let me in, we can discuss this like rational adults.”

“Or I could call the real police. How about that?” Asher retorted, setting his laptop down on a side table and turning it on.
“You sure you do not want a cupcake?”

“I don't want a fucking cupcake you moron, shut up about the damn things!”

“A simple no would have been sufficient.”

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Modern fantasy vampirey magic whatever rp Empty Re: Modern fantasy vampirey magic whatever rp

Post by Admin Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:39 pm

The yelling had attracted indeed a crowd, but a rather small one with perhaps one of the youngest member of the floor with a box in her arms watching curiously as she listened to the lunitical rant the punk was going on. At least moving to london wasn't going to be boring it seems.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:08 pm

Asher noticed the crowd gathering and laughed. "You're attracting fans already Mr McGuire. How about you smile and wave for the people watching at home?" He indicated the laptop.

Mitchell glared. "This isn't over. "

Asher scoffed. "Of course it's not. But right now you're on that side of the door, and i'm safe and cozy in here with my cupcakes. " He picked up the tray and called to the girl outside "Does anyone want a cupcake? "

"You're insane." Mitchell growled.

"No, i'm just not going to be intimidated by some thug. You think i'd do what I do if I was scared of the repercussions? Besides which, consider the political repercussions should you attempt to kill me."

Mitchell glared. "I'll be back."

"I do not doubt it. Good evening Mr McGuire, have a lovely evening." Asher waved cheerfully as the enforcer stormed off down the hall, passing the girl with a grumble.

Asher peered out the doorway after him and smiled at the girl with the box. "Don't worry about him, he's just not used to getting his own way."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:12 pm

She softly chuckled, "I am going to assume this isn't a lover spat?" She asked her accent american. She studied him with her hazel eyes while adjusting her light terracotta hands and shaking her head to move her ebony hair out of her eyes. "Well since I'm here..Lola your newest neighbor."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm

Asher laughed "No, not my type." He came out into the hall, still wearing a flour spattered apron. He wiped his hands off and extended a dark hand to shake. "Asher, good to meet you. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:17 pm

She shook his hand, "Maw maw warned me this area of london was crazy... Guess she wasnt lying." She mussed. "Your..not british?" She asked noting the lack of british accent.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:20 pm

He chuckled "Never a dull moment that is for sure." He shook his head. "No, i'm from Paris originally. Been here... ooo... a long time now. Would you like a cupcake?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:23 pm

She blinked, "Uhm...sure? Gotta be better then the ramens." She shrugged, "What got you in london?" She said surprise.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:25 pm

He shrugged. "I needed a change of scenery. London seemed as good a place as any. What about you? You're not local either." He disappeared back into his apartment and came back with a cupcake. They were still warm.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:26 pm

She sheepishly chuckled,"Yea, orignally american here as guilty as charged. I moved over to see my ma-grandmom before she pasts."Carefully lola put the box down taking a bite, "Not bad." She commented, "Man forgot what fresh bake goods taste." She smirked.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:30 pm

Asher chuckled, clearly delighted. "My father posted me a box of my mother's old recipes. She was a pasty chef, an excellent one at that. I'm sure my attempts aren't nearly as impressive as hers would have been, but it's lovely to know people can enjoy her recipes still. You're welcome to the entire batch if you would like, I can't eat them."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Humans are so gullible, I mean, really.

It's like they don't ever learn anything. Especially here, you'd think the people would learn by now how to not have their food stolen by passerby animals, especially foxes. It was nice seeing her lesser kin overrunning a place like nobodies business. Granted a few of them looked her way in awe and came up to say a curious hello. They really were sweet here.... The foxes were. Humans still sucked when it came to being rude and whatnot. Still, they were lucky things, opposable thumbs and so many different cultures and all that. A few foxes she knew had already charmed or been charmed by one of their species. Not her though, which was weird. Eh, thy were fun to mess with, anyway.

Didn't matter much, though. The vulpine easily bounded over the fence into a grassy resting place, a bit a ways from an empty sidewalk riddled with cracks that weeds peeked through. She set her little round bread bun down and used her mouth to begin hollowing it out. She'd get her human form back soon. She was eager, but it'd be a shame to tear the bread...
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:31 pm

"I can't honestly say no to good food..cant handle gluten I'm assuming?" Lola did over hear the whole vampire thing but felt best to act dumb about it for now.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Asher nodded. "A whole host of intollerances." He wasn't technically lying. "But I still love the smell. There is nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked goods around the home."

--

Mitchell was naturally irritated by the smug vlogger, more by his complete lack of fear than anything else. No doubt he certainly believed in that ridiculous cause of his, but that's precisely what made him so dangerous. He was an idealistic fool, mortals would never accept vampires, all he was doing was training people how to weed them out and eradicate them.

He slumped into a park bench and lit up a cigarette, it was a habit left over from his mortal days, he found a degree of comfort in the ritual.

He noticed the vixen and just watched her, taking a long drag of his cigarette and musing to himself that he really needed to find a better job.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:42 pm

She laughed, "That if you can bake. Well if you want you can carry the tray over I have sadly this box that needs to get to my room." She huffed.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:44 pm

Asher smiled. "Certainly. Give me a moment, i'll find a plate." He went and did just that, putting the cupcakes on a plate and bringing them back. "So what do you do for a living Miss Lola?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:45 pm

The fox lifted her nose from the warm bread roll, still chewing out the insides, and froze in a half-chew when he eyes met with a man. Her nose twitched once, twice. Definitely not human. Suddenly she swallowed, and let off a toothy grin, much too personified for a normal fox, Vampire. Can't say she'd seen one in... what was it been? Eighty years. She was a young fox, after all. Only two-hundred-and-twenty-six, if she remembered correctly. Her amber eyes closed, and she sighed, the lighted orbs, like fireflies, escaping her lips. Definitely haven't seen one in a long time...

She decided to play coy. She flicked her two tails. She was still rather young, wasn't she? Not powerful enough to take a human form with her own power, for sure. Definitely not a kyuubi. Not yet. There has been whispers of her kind becoming immortal, but no one really knew how. Made her almost jealous of the vampy for certain.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:46 pm

She picked up her box, "I run my grandma herbal shop, she too old to do it so I sorta took over." She smiled opening the door. For the most part everything was unpacked, she would have a hand woven navajo blanket on her futon and a stash of instant noodles on the counter, "Come in." He would hear soft bawking near the door..

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:51 pm

Hmm, two tails? now that was curious. Either the london water really was causing mutant foxes, or that wasn't a normal fox.

"If you're after food, I haven't got any." He told the fox.

---

Asher smiled as he entered the apartment, looking around curiously, particularly for the source of the noise. "A herbal shop? that sounds unusual."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:54 pm

It was a white puff ball chicken with a diaper on it, curiously it peaked asher metal leg. "Yea, it something that been in the family. I am opening it back up in a few days if you wanna see it."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:01 pm

Asher stared at the chicken pecking his leg. Weird. "You have an.. unusual pet." He remarked, trying to gently encourage the bird NOT to peck at him thank you very much. It was slightly annoying.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:05 pm

She laughed, "Yea...it a silkie. She was more a gift from grandma then anything else. I like even if its a odd pet." She gestured for him to put the plate on the counter. "She also has this thing for shiney stuff." Lola said sheepishly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:05 pm

The vixen let out a harsh "Ha!" and stood, easily bounding to the top of the fence between them with a supernatural grace that made her appear to float instead of leap. She easily balanced there, folding the bread between her two tails and cuddling it next to a large orb that twinkled with six lights, as if it had captured half a dozen stars. She nestled herself down easily, "If I had wanted food, I would have taken a liver already. Not that I could eat you, though. I don't think my kin has ever had a good time eating the flesh of a blood sucker."

She smiled at him, and though her words seemed almost malicious, the brightness in her gaze signaled she didn't intend any real harm. She wondered if the vampire knew about her kin. Did any of them? Or were they as much a myth to them as humans thought? All so strange. On the other hand, her kind were pretty reclusive, rarely wandering out to make mischief if at all.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:53 am

Asher chuckled and put the food down where he was told. "Shiny things huh?" He ushered the chicken away. "Sorry chicken, I need that for walking."

---

Mitchell watched the vixen warily. He wasn't particularly well versed on mythological creatures, most of what he dealt with were your standard vampires and werewolves and hauntings. Maybe the odd demon here and there. Weren't fox spirits Japanese? if so, she was a long way from home.

"Why are you here little fox?" He asked suspiciously.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 35 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum