Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

3 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 29 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Asher considered his words for a few seconds, glancing around the room as he thought, then looked to Kay again. "I've been thinking over everything that's happened today, and I feel like it would be wrong for me to leave Terra before the androids have been granted their freedom," he said. "I think it might be in the best interests of the children and the androids if I stay on Terra while Vestia goes on to the Imperium." He wished he could have phrased it better, but he just didn't know how. Ugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 29 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:52 pm

"bye bye other robot!" Mourn grinned, yeah he didn't understand at all.

---

Armin would head back to his room.

---

Matt wheeled ahead of everyone else and got bossy, demanding this and that and ooo they should totally have this too. He was excited and more animated than he'd been in a long time.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Starr would walk with Armin to his room, she wasn't in much of a party mood plus she wanted to keep an eye on her egg, hatching was close and she wanted her to know she was loved.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:58 pm

<mega poooooost (you knew this was coming right?) >

Kay made it back to the medical room before he noticed Esk, he glared. [Here to mock me for being upset? Tell me i'm being stupid?] He challenged his brother, eyes narrowed and teeth gritted.

Esk folded his arms, met Kay's gaze and shrugged “You aren't being stupid.” He answered simply.

Kay's expression faltered. What? There had to be a punchline, he stared at his brother suspiciously.

Esk looked faintly amused. “No jokes this time okay?” He raised both hands in mock surrender, lowering them to his sides and shaking his head. “I've watched the news, i've seen the shit those guys at Megabrain got up to. And Asher's made himself the face of this inconvenient revolution. A lot of very powerful people are really pissed off and he's painted a giant target on his own back.”

Kay frowned and started to chew his lip anxiously.

“You've got every right to be scared, it's not like you have a great track record with people who actually give a shit about right?” Esk continued.

Kay glared.

Esk snorted. Yeah, that was a sore nerve wasn't it? “But realistically? Any move made against Asher will be right in front of the whole damn planet. Asher's thrown himself into the public eye, whether he intended to or not, and everyone's watching. If he's killed, it will only martyr him and redouble the sapients rights effort. These people in power? They're not stupid, they'll not dare hurt him physically. They'll try to discredit him, to demotivate him and his followers, but they're unlikely to try to assassinate him. Plus Nova's there and believe me, she can kick some serious ass if she wants to. Star Dragons are fucking terrifying. Honestly I can't quite wrap my head around HOW they got enslaved in the first damn place.”

Kay stared at his brother. [Why are you doing this?] He didn't understand, there had to be some angle here, some nastiness.

Esk shrugged. “because having you moping this whole time, fretting constantly and generally feeling sorry for yourself is going to get really fucking old really fast.” He shook his head again. “we've got a long trip ahead of us, knowing our luck, some shit will happen and we'll need all our medics. We're one down now, and James really is a shit substitute.”

[So, you're trying to make me feel better because you find my moping annoying?] Yeah that seemed about right. Kay looked unimpressed.

“yeah that's pretty much exactly it.” Esk smirked.

[I'm not sure I should thank you...]

“You're welcome.” Esk snickered. “Seriously though, focus. Moping around and fretting isn't going to change anything, it just makes everyone around you miserable and pissed off too.”

Kay rolled his eyes.

“Hey give it a few hours, someone's bound to hurt themselves and then you can take it out on them.” Esk suggested as he headed for the door.

[what if that someone ends up being you?] Kay smirked.

“Hmm, i'll make a point not to be a moron?” Esk shrugged. “Don't mope too much Kaylr, your face might get stuck like that.” He walked away.

Kay gestured rudely behind his back and went to his desk, sitting there and gazing up at the two handmade plushies on the shelf. Gifts from what felt like so long ago.

Was he really unstable enough to start talking to a small, crudely made rag doll? Hmm.. not yet. He hoped.

He settled down, staring at the small amount of paperwork there was to do. They were both far too efficient at dealing with this. It wasn't quite the same without Asher here to make silly remarks either.

He sat for a while, the silence creeping steadily up on him. Eventually it was just too much.
He exhaled deeply, stood up and headed for the party. Maybe being around other people would make him feel less alone.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Armin was grateful for Starr's company and once they were away from everyone else he asked "How is your child?" He'd sort of lost track of how long it had been and when the egg might hatch, oops?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:06 pm

"She is doing well, if she doesn't hatch early, she will be here in two weeks" Starr replied and looked up to him again. "I should stay close to her, we can pick her up on the way if you want company." She suggested gently
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:07 pm

Armin hesitated, not sure if he had any right to request as such. "I.. would very much like to see her." He admitted.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:07 pm

Shane picked up what he could carry, giving some tot he bots to carry before heading up tot he observation deck. Yeah, this was to celebrate going to get the kids, but it was also a distraction from what they were leaving behind.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Starr smiled and nodded, changing course to pick up the egg on the way.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:11 pm

(Poor, poor Kay. He has bad luck with loved ones, man)

James waved to Mourn, putting on that probably-kinda-fake smile, then made a hasty escape to... somewhere where he could look out a window at Terra as it shrank in the distance, and mope. Yep, that was a good plan.

~~
Ellie would help Matt by fetching anything he thought of, or delegating carrying stuff to someone else. Tala would help carry the heavier things.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:11 pm

"Soon we shall have all of the children here, together at last. It will feel finally like a home." Armin smiled to himself, he was looking forward to it. He looked to Starr "Is there anything you need?" He wondered how she was feeling about this imminant arrival but didn't quite have the courage to ask, he feared upsetting her.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Starr shook her head and looked to him again "I have everything I need here, friends and family, having the other kids here will be wonderful, but we won't be complete until we have the kids and Asher with us."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Armin nodded. "I pray he and Nova are successful in their mission and return to us soon." It was a shame to have to split up, but the children had been away too long. Having them home would be good for everyone, the children included.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:45 pm

The people who were celebrating/trying not to think about their problems would gather once they had everything they needed.

Ellie went to a window to watch Terra, which was rapidly growing smaller behind them, while Tala immediately grabbed some vegetarian snack or other to munch on.

Vestia would play a playlist of fun but unobtrusive music.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Matt poured drinks for people, unable to resist doing so in an elaborate fashion. Hopefully he wouldn't drop a bottle this time around.

Mourn found food and sat on the floor, happily eating.

----

Esk went to find Dawn.

----
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:07 pm

Tala looked at Matt curiously. "You are making the serving of drinks oddly ritualistic," she informed him.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Matt laughed and flipped a bottle. "Ritualistic? Nah, just needlessly complicated." He set that bottle down and juggled a couple more before putting those down as well. "Why just pour? that's boring." He grinned.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Starr smiled and nodded. "As do I." She said gently, stopping at her room to pick up the egg and bring it out to the hallway. "I can't wait until our whole family is together."

~~~
Shane picked out a beer to drink and a snack, stopping by the window and Ellie to watch the planet recede.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:44 pm

Tala snorted softly. "It seems like an organic ritual. But you raise a good point, it is more amusing than a simple pour." She watched Matt some more. "You have some odd talents."

Ellie smiled at Shane. "Hey Cutie. Look at that view out there. Isn't it pretty?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:02 pm

"Yeah, it is." Shane said, looking to the view then back to her again. "Very pretty."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:08 pm

"I'm gonna miss it," Ellie said. "But hey, at least we're out here in space on a cool ship." She looked at Shane, then reached out to take his hand. "And I've got you. And you're like... better than a Terran or a dragon, cause you're both."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:12 pm

Shane dipped his head and smiled at her. "We are on a cool ship." He said agreeably.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:13 pm

Ellie giggled. "You don't need to deflect my super awkward compliments. Not unless they're like, too super awkward."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Shane chuckled softly and moved, kissing her cheek "I like your compliments, even if they are awkward."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:30 pm

Ellie burst into giggles. "You're not supposed to admit they're awkward, " she teased. But it was pretty clear she didn't really mind.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:05 am

Matt grinned at Tala "Well i've had an odd life. " He pointed out. "i bet you have some weird talents too, you just don't show em off." He poured a drink and raised the glass. "want one?"

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:25 am

Shane chuckled softly and shrugged a little. "What if that's one reason I like them though?" He asked teasingly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:07 am

"I have many exceptional talents," Tala said, clearly not caring about modesty, "But pouring drinks is not one of them. Where did you learn it?" She added, "With pleas yes, I would be glad for a drink."

Ellie smiled. "Well then, that's okay." She looked to the others in the room, "I guess we should go mingle, huh?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next