Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

3 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 20 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ivor was pretty thankful for Tala's quiet thoughts, if her unshielded thoughts were anything like her speaking voice, he'd have had a headache already.
He nodded slowly.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 20 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:49 pm

Esk looked momentarily disgusted. "your brother has awful taste in partners." He remarked.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 20 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:00 pm

James waved a hand. "Your brother's not so bad, He's got issues, but I've never seen him be a jerk to my brother, so that's a big checkmark in his favor."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:06 pm

"mm hmm." Esk didn't look like he really believed that. "everyone's got issues James, it's not a good excuse."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:14 pm

"Yeah man, my brother has issues too. So do I. So do you. I'm not sure there's anyone on Vestia who doesn't have big, crippling traumas and a handful of neuroses, Kay's just one of many. As long as Kay's treating my brother well, and not going psycho on the rest of the crew, he's no worse a choice than anyone else around here," James thought Esk's loathing of the guy was a little over the top, even if Kay was messed up.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:13 am

Esk shrugged. "We'll see." He didn't trust that Kay wouldn't totally fuck up, but of course, he never trusted his brother.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:31 am

James gave Esk an odd look. "Man, why do you hate your brother so much?" He knew Esk wasn't a big fan of the being infected thing, but that couldn't be all of it, right?
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:55 am

Esk groaned. "So many reasons. Most of which are none of your damn business. " He folded his arms again. "He's a selfish, spoiled jackass. And I don't hate him, that takes far too much energy. " He looked annoyed, this was dangerously close to talking about himself.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:11 am

James sighed. "Whatever, man. I'm gonna go set up my room then." Hey, if Esk wanted to distrust Kay, he could go right ahead, but James wasn't going to join in on that without a really good reason. The guy had never really set off any red flags for him, other than the obvious clinginess and angst. But a lot of people in James's life had issues like that, anyway.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:39 am

"set up your room? Finally decided to move off the Devil then?" Esk asked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:43 am

"Well I mean, with the ship leaving, I gotta move my stuff somewhere," James said. "So I guess so."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:59 am

Esk snorted. "About time."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:02 pm

James nodded and turned to go. "Guess so. See ya, man."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:15 pm

"yeah." Esk nodded and headed off down the hall. Maybe he should go talk to Dawn, even if she bewildered him. Truthfully, he'd only been avoiding her because he wasn't sure he liked how she made him feel, and he was getting pissed off with people gossiping about shit they didn't understand.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Dawn was on the Devil now, checking to make sure they had all the supplies needed for a trip into space and getting her clothes put away.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:03 pm

Esk wold ask Vestia where Dawn and Rigel were, under the pretense of speaking to the captain of course. He should probably do that too, make sure they were prepared and safe and all that. It was kinda his job after all.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Vestia would tell Esk where Dawn and Rigel were.

~~
James headed to his new room to start unpacking.

~~
Ethan and Hewitt might have headed out to the city and maybe even come back by now, or it might not have actually happened, depending on Hewitt's mood.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:28 pm

Hewitt totally let Ethan 'drag' him into town, and moaned about it the whole time in that crotchity old man way of his.

---

Esk went to the hanger bay and onto the devil to find people then.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:54 pm

Ethan took Hewitt to a few places, ending up at a large bookstore where he got a few too many books, which he then hauled back to Vestia, still staying with Hewitt because he didn't much want to be a lone android in a Terran city. "It wasn't that bad out there, and I didn't even make you carry these books," he pointed out.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Rigel looked up when Esk came in the Devil "Hey Esk." He said, coming over to him. "I was just about to go try to find you to ask if you wanted to go to Mars with us, or stay here with Vestia."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:37 pm

Hewitt scoffed. "That's what you're for." He told Ethan matter of factly. "A good strong android like you, why would I want to take away some of your usefulness?"

---

Esk looked suspicious, like he didn't totally believe that. "Yeah, James said you were heading to Mars. Just repairs right?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:14 pm

"Because these books are ungainly to carry, even if they aren't too heavy for me," Ethan said, holding them carefully as he headed up the ramp. "And because you're such a kind, helpful person," he added in an ironic tone. "Then again, it would look weird to have me force you to carry books, might draw attention."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Hewitt snickered. "You're managing just fine. Maybe next time you won't buy more than you can carry."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:16 pm

"Hmm," Ethan smiled oddly. "I'll try to limit myself better next time. Not sure I can do it though." He liked new books. It was incredibly satisfying to fill in parts of the collection based on what people had been looking for lately. "You must understand the struggle, I'm sure you were young and nerdy and wanted more books than you could carry once upon a time."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:16 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Hewitt scoffed. "That's what you're for." He told Ethan matter of factly. "A good strong android like you, why would I want to take away some of your usefulness?"

---

Esk looked suspicious, like he didn't totally believe that. "Yeah, James said you were heading to Mars. Just repairs right?"
"Right, just repairs then back to Vestia. It should be a simple trip." Rigel said, he was hoping nothing went wrong on the way there or back.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm

Hewitt laughed. "That was a long time ago." He conceded. "though not such a problem with my people, almost everything is digital. Why carry heavy books around when you can carry a tablet that contains a whole library? "

---
Esk smirked a little. "Whenever anyone says something should be simple it always ends up being anything but."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Ethan nodded. "I see your point. Tablets are a hell of a lot more portable than these. Lighter, more content, and readable even in the dark." He shifted the books in his grip. "I guess physical books are mostly a sentimental thing. Libraries, at least to many species in this universe, are a almost like a symbol that knowledge is free to everyone. A place where you can go and get access to information, and no one will stop you or tell you you aren't good enough to learn." In the other universe his masters had never really wanted him near their books except to dust them, so the freedom to learn whatever he wanted meant a lot to him.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Hewitt scoffed. "The desire to learn should be merit enough." As arrogant as the Aketi were, they were big on the whole learning thing. "Denying access to knowledge is a means to control the masses, nothing more."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next