Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

4 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN - Page 21 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kay looked amused at that remark. [You're probably right. And bottom bunk, because I wasn't willing to argue the point. There were about 12 of us in one room, it was fairly cramped.] Not that he'd spent many evenings IN his bunk considering. Nope, his evenings had been spent locked in an old bunker hoping like heck he wouldn't get out and nobody would find him.

---

Ivor shrugged. "I do.. don't know..." He came out into the hall and closed the door carefully behind himself. "You have animals on a ship?"

----

"If they have no choice, then they are still slaves." Armin bowed his head.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN - Page 21 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:18 pm

"a... b.. ballroom?" Ivor had no idea what that even was.

Silence tilted her head. "See stars." Yes, she liked this idea.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:17 pm

Skye chuckled softly "A ballroom is a place where you have a ball, that's a special dance where you get all dressed up fancily. We used it as a party room once."

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Ivor shook his head. he didn't know what a ball was, or a formal dance, he only had the very faintest idea of the concept of parties. "you.. had.. a party?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:47 pm

"We've had a few parties. Just random ones when we felt like it, sometimes parties really make you feel better," James said. The last one they'd had had been during the full moon. That one had been a bit weird.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:50 pm

"for... n.. no reason?" Ivor didn't understand that idea at all. Surely parties were supposed to be for something? Like a birthday. Though to be fair, in his experience, birthdays were a pretty quiet affair where you maybe got a piece of cake and that was about it.

"What's a party?" Silence asked.

Ivor frowned, it had never occurred to him she wouldn't know that. He always saw her as being far more knowledgeable about life and existence than he was.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Skye frowned and looked to Silence and Ivor then shook her head a little "Depends on the kind of party, I can show you some vids when you are done eating." She offered.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:31 pm

"v. videos? of... of parties?" Ivor had finished his meal, he didn't seem to eat much. He looked around for where he was supposed to take it.

"yes." Silence nodded, she liked this idea.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Skye pointed to the place they put the dirty dishes "You can put your dishes there, the bots clean them most of the time." She said and smiled again "Yeah, they are kind of a how to for different species parties and what they consider offensive or like, but it'll work for explaining parties in general, or I could look for movies with party scenes instead."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:41 pm

"Yeah, let's watch some parties," James said. "Movies would be great for getting used to how things work here, too."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:43 pm

"Word of warning though, movies are pretend, often exaggerated." Skye said ad looked to see if Silence was done too.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 pm

"oh etiquette films?" Armin sounded weirdly happy about that idea. "How fascinating."

Ivor rose and rather awkwardly took his bowl to be cleaned. it was somewhat difficult to carry things when you could only use one arm.
he managed it though, he'd had a lot of years to get used to his disability after all.

Silence fluttered her wings a little. "movie?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Skye smiled again "We could even watch them in the ballroom, if you wanted" She said then looked to James "Unless you want to come, then we can just use one of the rec rooms."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:52 pm

"I'm okay with the ballroom, I've gotten better with open spaces," James said. "Thanks, Skye."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:58 pm

"w... what's wrong with.. open spaces?" Ivor asked curiously, immediately seeming to regret it and ducking his head.

Silence had finished eating and taken to ignoring the mess she'd left.
She was quite used to the idea that someone else would just clean up after her.

"This sounds like a wonderful idea." Armin agreed, moving to put a hand on James' shoulder. "If it becomes too much my friend, you can always find an excuse to leave." He patted James' back companionably.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:07 pm

"I never got to go outdoors when I was growing up, so it used to scare me a lot to have too much space around me," James said to Ivor. "My phobia's gotten better though. I'm mostly okay now." He smiled gratefully at Armin. "Thanks, man."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Ivor nodded slowly. He sort of understood that.

"Any time my friend." Armin bowed his head.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:27 pm

"Silence, please put our dishes in the return, then we can head for the teleporter or elevator. Are either of you scared of either of those?" Skye asked curiously
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:34 am

Silence stared at Skye, then at the dishes.

Ivor came over to pick them up. "t.. teleporters? I... have never... "

Silence shrugged. "no."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:12 pm

"A teleporter moves you from one place to another with technology. I don't know how though. " Skye said
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:53 pm

"I... is it safe?" Ivor asked.

"Perfectly." Armin nodded. "You will be fine."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:30 pm

"Nobody's ever been hurt in Vestia's teleporters, and we use them all the time," James said. "I've heard it feels kind of funny the first time you try it sometimes, but it's not dangerous. Come on, let's see how it goes."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:04 pm

Skye chuckled softly and went to the door. "If you don't like it, we can just use the elevator instead
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:15 pm

(I'm not sure what to do right now, so if any of you guys have suggestions, feel free to toss them out here. :) )
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:17 pm

Using the teleporter meant they got up to the top floor fast. Skye stepped out then looked to Silence and Ivor. "Was it alright?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:54 am

Armin waved the others off. He had other matters to attend today and figured it was probably better to keep such groups small, for the sake of the nervous Ivor more than anything else.

"Have fun my friends!" he called.

Ivor and Silence went with James and Skye and whoever else. Silence stared back at the teleporter as their surroundings changed, bewildered by how that was possible.

Ivor hugged himself and shook his head. He felt a little sick. "we... we are somewhere.. new?" He looked around uncertainly, not totally sure if he could trust what he saw.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:23 am

"We are on the top floor now, the teleporter only works inside Vestia." Skye said and smiled up at Jewel as she buzzed around them "The ballroom is this way. It's one of my favorite places besides the ranch." She added, leading them
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:21 pm

"Ranch?" Silence asked.

"t.. the place with the animals yes?" Ivor inquired, following Skye obediently.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next