Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

4 posters

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five - Page 2 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

Post by Starrnico Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Starr shrugged and looked out the window again. "I don't know. I just want things to be normal."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five - Page 2 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:12 pm

Mourn nodded. "You be okay robots, you see, this good ship. You be happy here." He genuinely did believe that.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five - Page 2 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Five

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:13 pm

The androids headed off to find work. They really needed some normalcy right about now.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:08 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:"I am Amity." Amity told the androids with a placid smile. He didn't really understand the distinction between android and rest of the crew, they all looked the same to him. "your crew profiles have not yet been uploaded it seems."

Mourn nodded. "I do that."

"What is it you require of me?" Amity asked Mourn.

Mourn shook his head. "no need, just want show robots."

Amity smiled, but he really didn't understand at all what Mourn was going on about.

---

Armin nodded. "I understand. Unfortunately, Normality is rather... subjective." He reached out to rest a hand companionably on her shoulder. She looked sad, which made him sad. "We all bear reminders of unpleasant past events, but it is better to focus on what is ahead that what lies behind. We are all free, we are all alive, we are all well. " He bowed his head. "The universe is vast and confusing and works in mysterious ways, but I find comfort in believing that all that happens does so for a reason, that some good can come out of every misfortune. Of course, that does not make it any less painful nor does it mean we can pretend it never happened. " he shook his head. "Never-the-less, I will do all I can to make things as normal as realistically possible for you Miss Starr."
Starr smiled up at him, patting the hand on her shoulder. "Thanks." He was right though, she couldn't just pretend nothing had happened as much as she wanted to. "We are alive, but not all together yet. I spoke to the babies this morning. I miss them"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:58 pm

"you can speak to them?" Armin sounded excited. "Is there a quicker way to get to them?"

--

Mourn shook his head, those two robots bewildered him. He went to see if the others were settling in.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:04 pm

The other new androids were in the library, looking at the books together. Ethan had left the library earlier, so they were alone, checking the place over.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:02 pm

"I can speak, but I do not understand the teleportation well enough to chance it." Starr replied then sighed "I would go get them in anew instant if I could."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:22 am

Mourn peered into the library. "robots?"

---

Armin nodded. "A shame, but excellent to know they are well and safe. And that they know we are all alive too. " He hadn't taken his hand off her shoulder. "We shall see them again soon enough, it will be a wonderful reunion I am certain. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:06 am

Naomi ignored Mourn, she was busy right now, and she could ignore him. But Levi and Moriah set their books aside and came over.

"Hello Mourn," Levi said with a smile that should have been friendly, "how are you?"

Moriah's smile was much more real, and she looked happy, if a bit nervous, to see the felid who had freed her. "Hello."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:19 am

Mourn waved. "What you doing here?" He asked, he was curious mostly but it probably came out a bit rude and demanding. He wasn't good at tone, or volume, for obvious reasons.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 am

Moriah looked more nervous, Mourn's tone worried her a bit, she hadn't figured out he was deaf yet. "Vestia said it was all right to explore, so we thought we'd visit the library," she said.

Levi was nervous too, but of course his face didn't show it at all. He did edge closer to Moriah though.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:31 am

Mourn tilted his head. "But what you reading?" He demanded, staring pretty intently at the two of them. "where other robot go?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:03 pm

"We were reading about freedom," Moriah said. "It seemed like something we should study, since we are free now." She pointed over to a few shelves in one corner. "Naomi's back there somewhere. I think she's just avoiding us."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:05 pm

"There books about freedom?" Mourn looked confused.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:11 pm

"Not many, but there are a few," Levi said. He held up a self-help book titled [How to Handle Freedom: a Beginner's Guide]

Yeah, Ethan had done a lot of shopping at the Guild. And freedom happened to be a topic that he was interested in.

"I guess we're not the first people to be unsure what to do next," Moriah said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Mourn stared at the book. weird.
"you no regret though no? Other two robots weird, no so happy about freedom, think no law mean no know right and wrong. They wrong, law no tell that, I seen laws, know what do, had laws. They just make obey." He made a face.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:26 pm

"No, we don't regret it," Moriah said. "So far, it's scary, but there are a lot of things about being free that will be really nice."

Levi frowned. "Bess and Tobias are good people, but they have some odd ideas." He shook his head. "I think..." He hesitated, "I think maybe for them, the First Law is more important than it was for us."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:34 pm

"why?" Mourn didn't understand. At all. "What different?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Levi lowered his voice, as if someone might be listening in, "Because if they did, they think they might actually make plans to hurt somebody."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:43 pm

Mourn looked bewildered. "Why? They angry too?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:51 pm

"I suppose," Levi said. "They've been alive a long time, they must have seen some bad things. Some of us can move on, but others have a harder time of it. And if the First Law thinks you're going to attack someone if you're free, well, it's going to try very hard to keep that from happening."

Moriah nodded. "It's not that they're bad people, they just have some bad thoughts."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Mourn shrugged. "Everyone have bad thoughts sometimes, thoughts no problem." Of course trying to discuss morality and impulse control with someone who lacked both was probably not going to get very far. "What you going to do with freedom now? Just read books?" He looked disapproving. "Ship big, lots to do. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:07 pm

"Some thoughts are worse than others," Levi said.

"We were just starting with the books. We'll do other things too," Moriah said. "Do you have some suggestions?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Mourn considered the question. "Maybe... see holodeck or... see farm, lots of animal, girl medic bring all sorts onto ship for some reason." He shrugged. "we got lots of stuff to do on ship. Very big ship, very small crew."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:37 pm

"You have a holodeck and a farm here?" Levi asked. Wow, this ship really was incredible.

"How... " Moriah looked uncertain, she was about to ask a question that some people considered way too personal to ask, "How do you afford all this?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:44 pm

Mourn shrugged. "Ship got lots of money, never ask how." He'd never really thought about it, or much cared, he didn't have a great grasp of the value of money.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:51 pm

"Oh." Moriah shook her head, the amount of money Vestia must have if she could afford to buy robots, install a holodeck, fill a library, and maintain a farm, well, it was a little mind boggling. "An entire farm on a ship. That's incredible."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Mourn nodded. "Girl medic say it so we... no have to make so many stop or something. " He shrugged again.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next