Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

3 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 23 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Dawn chuckled and shook her head a little "I don't need a party." She said softly, chuckling.

~~~
Skye looked to the door then came over to open it "Mourn? What's up?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 23 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:07 pm

Starr was glad for the stories, finally relaxing and laughing at the stories he told.

~~~
"Just milk, I can't eat sugar" Helen said then shrugged and smiled again.

Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 23 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Amity nodded. "noted." He brought the drink and a small jug of milk to her. "Enjoy your beverage."

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Asher told Starr stories until Kay arrived. He smiled when he saw Kay, "Hello again, I was just telling Starr about the puzzle that confused Ellie and James and Matt. They never did find any secret messages in it, did they?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:21 pm

Kay managed a weak smile at that memory and set the tray and bag down, fishing out his tablet. [They were quite convinced it was inappropriate. ] He looked to Starr. [I brought you something to eat, Vestia suggested something you might like. I can't imagine food on the Tiger was particularly exciting.] He looked awkward.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:26 pm

"Thank you" Helen said, accepting the drink and milk. She put the milk in the coffee then sat back to take a sip. "So, you are the bot Sawna spoke of, the helper in the cafe."

~~~
Starr chuckled and looked to Kay when he came in then dipped her head. "He has been telling me many stories of what you all have been up to." She looked to the tray and sat up more "Yes, they couldn't have much variety on there." She said and smiled.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Asher looked approvingly at the food. That was a good idea, and he was glad Kay had thought of it. "I guess they just got bored while doing the puzzle, some people get way to imaginative when they're bored."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:25 am

"I am Amity, I'm a host drone." Amity smiled cheerfully despite correcting her terminology. It wasn't like he COULD be offended after all.

---

[Did he tell you that Dawn got her medical degree?] Kay asked, to him that was the biggest news. [Also apparently we now have bees on board. Go figure.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:43 am

Starr tilted her head a little at that "She did? That's good" So that was one reason for them pushing for Dawn to come, well that and the female to female thing. "I suppose she thinks people want the honey from the bees." She said as she set the plate on her side table so she could start to eat.
~~~~
Helen dipped her head a little and smiled "Host drone, yes, that's the phrase she used. You make good coffee Amity."

Sawna had gone back to cleaning as the two talked.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:03 am

"Oh yes, I forgot to mention Dawn and the bees," Asher said. "Thankfully she keeps the bees in a pen, so they haven't gotten out to sting anyone yet. And you'll have to see the golf course, the foliage has grown in beautifully." He was glad that the tension in the room had eased a little. This was better for everyone.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:10 am

Starr smiled at that and nodded. Bees were useless to her, but she understood their use to others.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:23 am

"I am pleased to hear that." Amity told her. He wasn't really, he couldnt' feel pleased, but oh well. "Sawna has been a good teacher."

--

Kay nodded. [There's quite the menagerie on board now. Seems she intends to make us quite self sufficient] No thanks, he'd left home to get away from the hard work of being self sufficient. He indicated the bag. [Do you mind if I scan you? Just to get our records up to date.] That and he still found Sawna's ability difficult to wrap his head around. He didn't feel right just taking her word that everything was fine, she wasn't a doctor.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:55 am

Helen chuckled and nodded. When she finished her cup, she stood. "Well, I guess I will see you around, I should finish this tour so I can know where everything is." She was having fun with this, this ship was so much bigger, like the stations she had been on more than a ship.
~~~
"Being self sufficient can be a good thing." Starr said then glanced to the bag before nodding "Yes, I want confirmation that there's nothing wrong." She said then flushed and looked away. "Is that bad? I trust Sawna, but her abilities can only go so far"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:59 am

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to be sure you're all right," Asher said reassuringly. "Sawna's magic is useful, but getting a second opinion is good."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Kay shook his head. [No, I think it's quite natural to want genuine confirmation. Talented as Sawna is, she isn't a trained medic.] He opened the bag and handed the scanner to Asher. [I would like to take a blood test as well, and then we can let you rest. ] He still looked a bit uncertain, good bedside manner didn't come naturally to him and he was really putting his all into adding niceties.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:04 pm

Starr smiled a little at the confirmation. She nodded to the tests he wanted to take, willing to allow any of them he wanted to do. "Alright, and thank you."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:08 pm

Asher scanned Starr, looking carefully at the readings to see if they showed any signs of injury, or other changes from her normal readings.

~~
Vestia would show Helen the library, and all the other most popular places to hang out. She did like giving tours.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:21 pm

Kay pulled on some gloves and prepared to take a blood sample just to be on the safe side.

--

"Enjoy your tour!" Amity waved and returned the mug and saucer to be washed.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:33 pm

Starr's insulin and sugar levels were not yet back to normal, that took a while to heal even with magical help, but any other physical damage she had gotten was healed by this time. She held her arm out, letting Kay take her blood for his tests.

~~~
Helen enjoyed the tour immensely, going wherever she was led and taking in the sights. "You are an incredible ship Vestia" She said after a while.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Asher reported what the scan showed. "You look to be in good condition physically. Any injuries seem to have already healed. It looks like you're still recovering from the sugar, but you are recovering, so that's good."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:57 pm

Kay took the blood and put the vial safely aside, taking off the gloves and bundling them up to throw away. [We may need to keep an eye on your insulin levels, to be certain they come back to normal. Prolonged sugar exposure in Starr Dragons isn't something well documented.] Least not in any books he wanted to touch.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Starr nodded and looked from one to the other "It's a weakness our people try to keep hidden, if given sugar for too long a time, our bodies can't recover." She said then shivered a little. She wasn't used to feeling mortal, not with how relatively young she was. Was this how the others felt, or had they had the same view of 'I can't die' that she had had? She didn't like this feeling.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Asher nodded. "We'll monitor your condition and try to help you make a full recovery. So far, your physical readings seem reasonably good, hopefully your blood test will be good too." It was horrible that the Family had been willing to drug Starr so badly. Asher just prayed that they had been more responsible in making sure not to give Starr any diseases.

~~
"Aww, thank you," Vestia said, lights turning pink in a blush.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Kay frowned, hesitating and then putting a hand on Starr's shoulder. You will recover Starr. We'll make sure of it. He wished he really believed that, but realistically there was just so much they didn't know about Star Dragons. Still, he was determined to do everything possible to make sure she was okay.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:43 pm

Starr nodded and looked to them again "They didn't get what they wanted and I am free and home again." She said softly "I will recover." She said then looked to the egg again "I won't let them win in any way."

~~~
Helen grinned at the lights changing, that was such an interesting reaction, but one she liked. She patted the wall gently then started for her room since it didn't seem anyone was about.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Kay nodded, looking grim. [A good way to look at it.] He wasn't going to push her, he knew full well that sometimes people just didn't want to talk about things. She knew all his secrets, which meant she also knew how much he hated therapy and talking about stuff.

--

Swarm noticed Helen and joined her. "You are settling in well?" they asked eagerly.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:08 pm

Starr looked back to Kay again and gave him a sad smile. "The only way to look at it. I'm glad I can't remember much of my time on that ship, or ships." She shook her head and sighed "Apparently sugar, like alcohol has a blackout limit, at least for me."

~~~
Helen smiled, stopping when she saw Swarm again "Hi again, and yes, Vestia led me on a tour of the ship." She said cheerfully.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:15 pm

[That's probably for the best.] Yeah, less trauma that way. Remembering awful things sucked. [Organic minds generally have a marvelous knack for editing out traumatic experiences anyway, which honestly is somewhat of a blessing.] He averted his gaze, feeling more than a little awkward again. He held up the vial. He had to go test this now. [Eat to keep your energy up, i'll let you know the results as soon as I have them]

--

Swarm bobbed up and down. "she is a large ship, so much to see. We still keep finding new places."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next