Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

3 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 11 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Dawn chuckled and shook her head a little "I don't need a party." She said softly, chuckling.

~~~
Skye looked to the door then came over to open it "Mourn? What's up?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 11 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:07 am

Esk nodded. "He won't leave if you don't want to either." He reasoned, then shrugged. "I don't think it really matters much though,  if we have to leave we have a means, otherwise, well... the food's better here." He snickered.

---

Matt nodded. "Man, I thought the terran empire was kinda boring but turns out it's super screwed up and weird." He smiled softly. "It's gonna be interesting."

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four - Page 11 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Four

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:04 am

Jewel stopped and hovered in place "If we get this done before you leave the guild, we can get one of the eagles to help, they are strong and would be willing." She said, looking to the camera.

~~~
Dawn chuckled and nodded at that "It is" She agreed cheerfully.

Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:48 am

Asher laughed. "I don't think there's a place in this universe that isn't screwed up and weird. There's always something odd to learn about."

~~
"We're scheduled to leave really soon, I think we should avoid asking the Guild people for help so soon before departure," Vestia said. The bot kept leading Jewel. "Don't worry, we'll get someone useful."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:14 am

"And now we actually have milk instead of that fake shit." Esk shrugged.

---

Matt nodded. "you got a point there man. Everything's weird and fucked up to someone, it's all a matter of perspective and familiarity or something."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:39 am

Asher smiled. "There are people here at the Guild, who think the Guild is normal. I don't think I'll ever believe that myself, but perspective is a funny thing." He looked out the window at the asteroid belt, "I don't suppose we'll ever see this place again. I'm glad it's still here though, outcasts always need a refuge."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:07 am

Jewel nodded and flew fast to catch up to the bot, then slowed to it's speed again "Alright, it was just an idea" She said cheerfully as she looked around for Asher.

~~~
Dawn chuckled and nodded "That we do, fresh milk, fresh meat, and soon fresh honey too." She said and pointed to the far corner "I got some bees set up in an enclosure back there."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:01 am

"bees?" Esk looked over. "You know how to keep bees?" How many hobbies did one girl need?

---

Matt nodded, looking a little sad at that. "I hope they'll be okay. I dunno, feels kinda... like we should have done more to make sure everything was okay before we just up and left. But they seem to have the rebuilding well in hand." He shook his head. "The outcasts and refugees will hopefully always have a safe haven here, so long as the high ups don't decide to close the borders because of a few ungrateful jerks criticizing them." He rolled his eyes. Ahh immortals, in his experience, they had the thinnest skin of all. What was it about long life that made people so damn touchy? "Still, it's nice to know there's somewhere for them. I think Mandeep's going to go back with the Kitsune, and Kasi said he's staying here till he runs out of stuff to explore. " He chuckled. "or he drives everyone nuts."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:16 am

"I think our important part in the planning and executing of a successful battle for the Guild, was more than enough," Asher said. "The Guild have good resources and infrastructure to take care of their own, even if they are a bit too prideful at times, they can restore this place fully in time." He smiled softly, "And maybe our championing for change in the Guild will encourage them to adjust their policies and keep helping people. We can hope." He looked amused at the mention of Kasi, he vividly remembered the guy from the weeks they'd all spent training. "Is it bad that I'm a bit relieved Kasi won't be coming with us? I'm afraid we'd never have a quiet moment again if he was here."

~~
Vestia's bot wasn't very fast. It was taking a while to reach where Matt and Asher were. "So how long were you at the Guild?" Vestia asked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:35 am

Matt laughed. "he was a bit much huh? I asked Web about him and man, I swear, the colour drained from his face." He grinned.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:02 pm

Asher looked amused. "I managed to avoid getting into any conversations with him, but I think everyone knows his reputation. He seems like a nice guy though."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:07 pm

Matt nodded. "Yeah, nice but pretty uh.. enthusiastic. I get why my brother oked his request to leave though, I mean, the Sister Races take themselves pretty damn seriously from what I can tell. No way that guy would fit in."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:34 pm

"Yes, the Sister Races don't really seem to match his particular temperament in general," Asher agreed, thinking of Web, and Web's patient, quiet attempts to change the ways of the Elders and his people. "I can't imagine how he developed such an energetic personality in a place like that."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Matt shrugged. "Who knows?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:38 pm

"I suppose there are always people who won't fit," Asher said, shaking his head. Yeah, this whole ship was a bunch of misfits, they could sympathize with a Kalvair who didn't want to stay on his homeworld. "At least he's found a place where he can ask all the questions he wants."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:44 pm

"I read about it" Dawn said and shrugged "It doesn't sound that hard, especially with them contained like they are."

~~~
"About a year" Jewel answered, eventually landing on the bot to ride it instead of using her energy to fly slowly. Hey, she was small enough to do that and not too heavy for it. "We were with a flock of ravens when their ship was targeted. We got away, but the ship was damaged so we were lucky to find the guild and get their help. I got bored there though. I like seeing new places and meeting new people. It's fun, even if it is a bit dangerous sometimes."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:49 pm

"You have way too much time on your hands." Esk remarked.

---

Matt nodded. "yeah, my family is a pretty good example of not fitting in right?" He laughed, it was almost a matter of pride for him. "I think a lot of us are pretty non standard examples of our respective races though. Well... some of us"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Dawn chuckled at that then shrugged "I just love reading, about almost anything." She countered.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:59 pm

"Wow, so you weren't here too lone at all," Vestia said. "Do different species of Artuvian travel together often?" She'd thought that might be a Guild thing, having multiple species live together.

~~
"Your family doesn't really fit in, no," Asher agreed with a smile. He kind of liked that about them. "Even Luka probably wouldn't fit in so well by this point, she's a loyal Satare, but I think we've rubbed off on her a bit too much."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:37 pm

Esk looked unimpressed. "Reading doesn't mean you can do it though. I always preferred practical learning. Reading's a chore." He yawned.

---

Matt snickered. "We corrupted her good!"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:49 pm

"Hummers like me are the most likely to travel with another flock. We are too small for a ship run only by our kind that is still large enough to do any transporting." Jewel replied with a shrug.

~~
Dawn smiled again at that then looked out over the farm "Well, I learned to do this only by reading, and having help. It's just a different style of learning."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:52 pm

"Oh, that makes sense," Vestia said. "Yeah, a ship sized for you guys would be, umm, interesting?" The bot reached the observation deck where Matt and Asher were. "Hey guys! We have a new passenger!"

Asher looked around and saw Jewel after a moment. "Oh hello, you're joining us?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:57 pm

Jewel grinned and flew up again, then over to Asher and Matt "Hello again, yes, I wanted to come with you guys to explore a bit more of space." She said quickly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Esk grunted faintly, glancing uneasily at the animals. "You hungry?" Yeah, he just wanted to get away from here.

---

Matt noticed the teeny tiny shimmering thing on the bot. "Hey!" He grinned when she flew up to greet them. tiny bird person whoo.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:20 pm

"Well welcome aboard. I'm Asher, this is Matt. I'm a medic, he's a professional janitor," Asher said, smiling.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Dawn chuckled and nodded "Yeah, let's go find something to eat." She was done in there for now anyway

~~
Jewel grinned again "Hi, I'm Jewel, and I'm a jeweler." She said, laughing at the coincidence of the names.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:17 pm

"Well that's gonna be easy to remember." Matt said. "oh! you should meet Armin! He's a tailor, he loves that kinda stuff." He paused. "So does this mean you're coming with us?" Who the heck was this girl?

---

Esk nodded curtly and led the way to the kitchens. He didn't much like being around animals, not just because they hated him and freaked out but because it reminded him way too much of his childhood.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Jewel nodded and chuckled "Yes, I am coming, I asked Vestia and she said I could come with you all."
~~~
Dawn followed him quietly, thinking about the animals and the work she had done. Would she leave this ship even if she was given that choice now?
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next