Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Five

4 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Five - Page 40 Empty Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Five

Post by Kooshie Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:41 am

First topic message reminder :

"Oh man, you really did get them!" Ellie looked delighted. "Let's see this movie, guys!" She looked at the androids, "One of them threw a potato chip! I'm so proud!"

Asher handed Esk a container of pills. His pockets were always well stocked. He looked at the androids, amused.

James came over and slapped Asher on the shoulder. "Ready to try and sing Satare musicals? It's gonna be sooo impossible!"

Asher made a face.

Last edited by Kooshie on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Five - Page 40 Empty Re: Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Five

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:41 pm

"Mattias is back," Vestia broadcast to everyone. At least, she assumed it was Mattias. It had to be him, right? Who else could it be?

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Five - Page 40 Empty Re: Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Five

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:44 pm

Matt swore under his breath and got up. why they hell was he back?
"Where is he?" He asked.

--

Esk cocked his gun. Well, someone back for more? Was he just a crazy glutton for punishment or what?

---

Kay pulled away from Asher, frowning at the news. Well he didn't want to go chasing his brother's evil double around the ship. That sounded like a terrible idea! He reached for the tablet. [What is he doing?]

---

Luka checked her weaponry and remained in the lab. Unless he started to cause trouble up here, she'd leave this to people who knew how to handle crazy magic users.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Vestia would tell Matt where she had last seen the guy. "He knocked out my camera," she told Matt, and when Kay asked, she told him the same thing. "I don't know what he's doing right now."

~~
Asher switched off his sense of touch as they broke apart and tried to get his thoughts in order as he let Kay handle the talking.

~~
Nadira twitched her ears at the announcement. "The fool. Must I trample him again?" She'd head toward where Vestia said she'd last seen the guy.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Kaliyani watched the screens in horror, looking around her dark room forlornly, tears welling in her good eye. She took a deep breath, wrapped her shawl around herself, pushed her hair back out of her ruined face and trying her best to look stoic, headed out into the hallway to face her Lord.

The Ishvara paused when he saw her.
He stared.

<<"By the gods, what happened to YOU?">> He asked, speaking in her native tongue.

Kaliyani bowed her head to him, clasped her hands and squeezed her eyes shut.
<<"Forgive me my lord...">> She pleaded.

"Kaliyani Vivek?" The man tilted his head, then started to laugh. <<"You look horrible!">> He approached, cradling her face in his hand, examining the damage in fascination, as if completely oblivious to his own handiwork. <<"Oh beautiful Kaliyani... ">>

She sobbed but didn't move.

"shhh shhhh." He soothed gently. <<"We'll go home soon. First I must find my brother.">>

Kaliyani stared at him in surprise, she berated herself for being shocked though, she should have been used to her Lord's madness by now. He seldom seemed to remember what he'd said or did in his flights of rage.

<<"You shouldn't have left me Kaliyani.">> He told her.

She gulped and nodded.

<<"But Fate has brought you back to me. Come, we shall destroy my brother together!">> He looked delighted at the prospect.

She shuddered and reluctantly followed him.

---

Kay's frown deepened, he looked to Asher. [Why would he come back?] He was deeply confused.

---

Matt swore again and headed for that floor. Kaliyani! Of course he'd come back for her. Bastard.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:07 pm

Asher shook his head. He had no idea why Mattias would come back. It was weird and worrying.

~~
Vestia tried to hear what 'Mattias' was saying through her nearest audio input that was still working, but it wasn't good enough to hear what was being said. That was unfortunate.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:16 pm

[How much damage do you think he could do if he really wanted to?] Kay wrote, trying to figure out precisely what a water elemental like Matt could do to a ship like this. Hmmm.

---

As they turned a corner, the Ishvara casually melted another camera.

<<"So where is he?">> he asked Kaliyani. <<"He called me here, I don't expect to have to search an entire ship for that coward.">>

Kaliyani bowed her head. <<"I do not know where he is my lord.">> she admitted truthfully.

The Ishvara looked annoyed for a moment, then shrugged and called out loudly. "Mattias! " He found another camera and peered into it. <<"Come out come out where ever you are dear brother! I never liked hide and seek.">> He smiled toothily into the camera, then melted that one too.
"I will find you, and I will gut you like a fish. Stop prolonging the inevitable." He switched into heavily accented galactic common. "Whatever plan you have, it will not work. Fate is on my side, you know this, so come out come out wherever you are, face me like a man!"

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:21 pm

Vestia broadcasted to the entire ship again as the Ishvara spoke into her camera, "I don't think this is Mattias. He's looking for Mattias."

~~
Asher breathed out slowly. Uh oh. Finally finding himself able to formulate coherent sentences again, he asked Kay, "Might this be Web, then?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Kay's eyes widened. Web? What the hell was he doing here? More importantly, what was this universes' Web like?
He gulped and nodded. [Vestia... be aware, he's a fire elemental. He can do an awful lot of damage if he wants to. What are your fire suppression systems like?}

---

Matt froze. Web? Oh... shit.
He was in a lift travelling to the 37th floor.

"Vestia, get everyone somewhere safe and defensible, from everything I know of this universe's version of my brother, he's completely unhinged. " And if this universe's Matt wasn't here, that meant he was the poor sod with a target on his head.
Oh.. dear.

He was starting to wish he had a weapon.

"He'll be coming for me... " He tried to think of a plan, but he was too busy panicking about how much damage a fight with a fire elemental could do on a space ship.
"I'm gonna try to hold him off, keep him distracted. maybe I can keep him talking... " He didn't sound overly sure about that.

Come on guards... someone with sedatives please show up and knock this guy out so they could get some anti magic cuffs on him.
that'd be really really good.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:40 pm

"Everyone, find somewhere safe and defensible," Vestia relayed.
To Kay she said, "My fire suppression is good. I have blast doors and sprinklers." She sounded nervous though.

Asher patted the holster at his side, reassuring himself that his gun was there as always. "His twin is gone, so he'll go after our Matt, won't he?" he asked softly.

~~
Nadira was continuing toward the target. She was a long way off still though.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Kay looked deeply concerned. [Vestia, where are my brothers?]
Damnit Matt, please don't go do something stupid.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:47 pm

"Matt is heading toward his location, wants to hold him off, he says," Vestia told Kay. "Esk is heading that way, but not in any apparent rush to arrive."

Asher frowned in thought. Water elemental. Fire elemental. Hmm.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:54 pm

Kay nodded. Typical of Esk, yeah, he wouldn't want to put himself in any immediate danger would he?
He stood up.He looked worried. They just didn't know how sane or reasonable this guy was. All Kay knew was that if he was mad, he could do a lot of damage to the ship and to them.
He smiled softly to Asher. [I swear we're jinxed.] He told him. [Come on, let's try to get everyone together in one place. Matt can.. probably hold him off. I hope... ] He was pretty certain neither of them were going to be any help at all.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:57 pm

Asher nodded and followed Kay. "How strong is Matt's water element?" He asked, "Theoretically, could he pull water out of nearby pipes?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:58 pm

[I... don't know.] Kay admitted. [If he can pull water out of people, then I assume he can probably yank it out of other things too.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:04 pm

"I'll go to the bridge and see if I can direct more water into the plumbing near him," Asher said. "If Matt wants to try and protect us, he'll need plenty of water."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Kay nodded. [Good plan. I really hope the fire suppression system works. ] He hesitated. [Be careful Asher, remember he can teleport while the ship is stationary like this.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40