Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven

3 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven - Page 22 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

"You mentioned the possibility of using a spell to look into someone's mind. Is that part of your plan to try to communicate with Fate?" Vestia asked Jarral. She wanted to learn as much as she could here. After all, it was her job to protect her crew as well as she could.

~~
"You can paint the light switches in your room if you want," Vestia told Vela. "I trust you not to break anything."

Ellie giggled.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven - Page 22 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:15 pm

Luka had gotten up early to do her morning run and workout and was currently showering after all that. She'd have breakfast later.

---

Kay was groggy from lack of sleep but awake. he headed for the dining hall to grab his usual strong black coffee and toast on the go.

---

Esk hadn't slept well and come morning had elected to go for a walk. He was annoyed and didn't much want to interact with people right now. His usual methods of getting uncomfortable thoughts out of his head he couldn't DO right now. His hands were still shaking just enough to make drawing impossible and firing a gun ridiculously dangerous. This only served to sour his mood even more, he had no outlet.

----

Armin joined everyone else in the dining hall for breakfast.

----

Matt was still sleeping.

---

Lana was also enjoying a lie in. she wasn't actually asleep, she was just being lazy HAH.

---

Web was awake and relatively alert when Dawn arrived, he bowed his head to her politely, looking a little sheepish.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven - Page 22 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven

Post by Starrnico Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:31 pm

Dawn smiled at seeing Web awake and aware. She walked over to him to check the readings of his vitals. "I hope whatever you two did worked." She said honestly. "How are you feeling?"

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:47 am

"Yeah, we haven't had a party since... you know... like ten years ago I guess," Ellie said, managing an uncertain laugh at that not-very-funny thought. "But THIS party will be different. I can FEEL it." She smiled at Shane. "I think I might dress up a bit, even though it's not a fancy party. How about you?"

~~
"Good morning," Asher said to the dragon kids, smiling softly at them. "Did you sleep well?"
He nodded in greeting to the others in the room, and smiled at Kay when he saw him come in, although the smile was a little hesitant. Their relationship was so confusing right now, omg.
He sat down at a table and got out his current project, a fuzzy-looking multicolored scarf, from his bag. Knitting was one of his hobbies these days, he'd found that it was the perfect thing to keep his hands busy while keeping his family company at meal times. Much better than awkwardly sitting still and watching while everyone else ate.

~~
Tala was on her morning jog when she saw Esk in the hall. She slowed down to a slow walk so she could talk to him. "Greetings Esk," she proclaimed, loud as always. "How fare you on this morn?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:32 am

Kay nodded to Asher, his hair was sticking up wierdly and it was clear he wasn't totally coherent yet. He seldom was before he got coffee in him. But his expression was slightly pained. Things with Asher were complicated and painful right now.

---

Esk flinched slightly at Tala. Damnit, he'd been hoping to avoid people. He glowered. "fine." He lied, his tone betraying his bad mood.

---

Web glanced over at Jarral while Dawn checked his vitals. "Groggy, aching. But i'll live." He smiled weakly. His vitals seemed to be okay, or as okay as they ever were with him. His heart rate was a little high but that could quite likely just be stress. "I hope so too."

Jarral stirred, groaning as he woke. He blinked against the light, wincing and covering his eyes with one arm and remaining laid down. The shadows, who had spent the night curled at the foot of the bed like a dog, swarmed up around him like a blanket.

Web spoke in the strange, clicking trilling language that was Kevali.

Jarral just waved a hand in response, he didn't look like he entirely wanted to talk to anyone right now.

"Did it work?" Web asked in common.

Jarral rolled onto his back, arm still over his face. "I... believe so yes. " His voice sounded strained.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:12 pm

"Vestia, please dim the lights." Dawn asked, taking note of how Jerral was acting. "And let the family know they are awake and doing alright, though I ask they keep questions or visitations short for now." The two were certainly not 100% yet and still would need rest to recuperate. She looked over Jerral, checking his vitals as well. "Your shadows helped save your life." She informed him.

~~~
Shane shrugged then chuckled "I'll probably wear my suit if it's a dress up party."

~~~
Asher got two nods and a 'yes' from the kids as they moved to get breakfast and gather around him to eat. Danika of course would want to sit with both Asher and Kay, knowing that Kay was confused at least, though she couldn't work out the depth of it all. She knew better than to pry, so had to rely only on body language and the leaking over emotions she picked up on.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:25 pm

Jarral hesitantly lowered his arm as thelights dimmed. He looked pretty exhausted. "Then they did as they are supposed to." He remarked. "they kept me safe."

Web frowned a little. "So now what?"

"I do not know." Jarral admitted. He was still laid on his back, looking up at the ceiling. He looked like he was in pain. "You.. should return to the people... my shadows can take you. It will be safer."

Web looked uncertain about that. "And what of Fate?"

"I... do not know. She risked a lot to save your bother and his friends. I hope it was worth it."

Web fell silent, all of this had him deeply worried. Fate had always been this omnipotent figure, this entity of unimaginable power. A god. To think that she was in trouble was terrifying and he couldn't help but wonder what impact that may have on his own people. They needed Fate, she guided them, kept them safe. He'd never really stopped to consider why. It was just what gods did wasn't it?

Why had she saved this ship?

Jarral had closed his eyes and rammed his fingers into his temples.

Web looked away and quietly looked to Dawn. "Painkillers... yes?"

"They do not work." Jarral spoke, sounding irritated and tired. "it will pass."

---

Kay hesitated. Usually he didn't sit to eat, he ate while walking. Breakfast was not something he usually took much time over if he could get away with it. But Danika seemed to want him to stay and he felt guilty about rushing off.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:20 am

"I am gladdened to hear you are fine," Tala said. She did notice Esk's tone and expression, but honestly she preferred taking people's words at face value. It kinda amused her.
"You spoke with your displeasing sister yesterday, I believe. Did you speak with the so-called Terran too?" she asked. Hey, she liked getting his opinion if she could. She valued Esk's judgement.

~~
Asher tried a more confident smile at Kay and Danika. It... kinda worked, although both were probably more than perceptive enough to realize it was just acting.
"Want to sit with us? It'd be nice to have the company," he asked Kay.

~~
"Well we're not asking anyone to dress up, but that doesn't mean they can't dress up," Ellie said philosophically, heading with Shane into the dining hall, and waving vaguely to everyone. This conversation was important to her. "And I gotta say, you look goood in a suit."

~~
Vestia had dimmed her lights at Dawn's request, and at this point she also relayed Dawn's message about Web and Jarral's health and the need for short visits to the two's family members around the ship.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:38 pm

Esk stared at Tala, eyes narrowed. He looked annoyed, but he was more trying to work out what the heck she was talking about. "the new girl?"

---

Kay glanced back toward the door, had a bit of a mental battle with himself and finally conceeded. Taking a seat just in time for Vestia to inform them all that Web and Jarral were awake. He frowned, but it didn't sound like he was currently needed. Hmm.

----

Matt groaned and eyed Vestia's speaker groggily. He'd been snoozing rather than actually sleeping. It took him a moment to work out what the heck she'd said and once he had he hastily hauled himself out of bed. They were awake! They were okay!
He pulled on clothes awkwardly, popped some painkillers for his back and grabbed his crutch before heading for the medical room at as fast a hobble as he could manage.

----

Esk glanced up at the camera and nodded at the news, but that was all she got.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:49 am

Tala's ears wiggled slightly at Esk's annoyance. She really did have an odd sense of humor.
"Yes, her, Zara I think her name is. I wished to question her yesterday, but Vestia told me to refrain."
She tilted her ears curiously at the news from Vestia. "Good that Jarral and Web awake. This means someone can scold them for endangering this crew."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:12 am

Esk managed a dull snicker. "I'll leave the scolding to you. If Kay doesn't get to them first." He shrugged. "I met her, briefly. Why?" He stared tiredly at Tala, frowning a little. "You don't trust her huh?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:23 am

"These days I am reluctant to trust anyone who wishes to join us," Tala said. "She seems nice enough, but one does wonder why she wants to join a crew as hazardous as ours, on a ship as battered as Vestia looks.
"And mayhap the presence of your sister has made me more suspicious than usual," she admitted, because that was a bias she figured she should acknowledge. Seeing someone so loyal to the Imperium didn't exactly put her in a trusting state of mind.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:40 pm

Esk nodded, he got it. "Jess isn't a threat, and I doubt she'll be back." He shook his head. "She hates this place." He gestured vuagely outside. "The new girl.. I dunno. " He suspected she was hiding something but he didn't know what, and he hadn't really had long enough to start to formulate a theory.
"It isn't easy to hide for long on a ship like this though."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:07 pm

Danika was glad Kay was coming over to join them, hugging him gently then looking to the speaker and smiling "Good, I'm glad unkle Web and Jerral are both awake. Do you want to go see them now or eat with us dad?"

~~~
Dawn looked at Jerral, watching his pain reaction with a frown when he said painkillers wouldn't work. "Have you tried massages or anything like that to ease pain?"

~~~
Shane chuckled again, waving at the others as they went to get the food. "I like suits at a party, makes it seem kind of like being in a spy movie." He said jokingly
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:04 am

Jarral tensed. "Do not touch me." He snapped, recoiling away from her.

Web looked grim. "Does anything help?" He asked softly.

"I am accustomed to it." Jarral told him flatly. But it was clear he was still in pain even if he was supposedly 'used' to it.

Web frowned.

----

Kay hugged Danika back awkwardly, his hands were full.
He sat down and set things in front of him, including his tablet so he could write. [I will shortly yes.]

---

Matt arrived at the medical room, panting a little from the exertion. He didn't even have any shoes on and his hair was a mess. "You're okay? No brain damage? You're both okay?" He spoke rapidly and with clear worry in his voice.

Web smiled weakly at him.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:39 am

Tala considered that. "Matt also said your sister was not a threat. However I do not value his judgment highly. If you think she will not cause us harm, I suppose I will believe you." She'd lost a whole lot of respect for Matt when he'd forgotten his duties during the battle and run off to get himself paralyzed, yep.
"You raise a good point about keeping secrets here," she added. "If she has things planned, I hope we shall discover them first."

~~
Asher smiled softly, still busily knitting that colorful scarf as he read what Kay wrote. "It's good to see you. But don't feel like you have to stay if you want to go check on them, they're family too after all."

~~
"True, true," Ellie said with a grin, pouring herself some cereal that had little star-shaped marshmallows. "Parties with suits really do add to the air of sophistication and mystery." She added some milk to her bowl.
"Did you ever go to parties? Before you joined us, I mean?" It was risky to ask about Shane's old life, but she really was curious about it.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:14 pm

Dawn hadn't moved closer and held her ground even at his recoil. "I won't if you don't want me to." She said gently to calm him down again before turning to look at Matt. "It's good to see you again Matt." She said in greeting. "So far everything seems normal." Both were moving and talking well considering the circumstances. The aversion to light was even normal for their people.

~~~
Danika nodded at Asher's words. "I just didn't want you to be alone and still worrying about them." She said softly, though she was glad he wanted to be with them too.

~~~
Shane got himself some cereal too, though his was some healthy mix. "Yeah, as part of work, not fun. I find I much prefer the ability to have fun instead."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:35 pm

Ellie nodded. "Yeah, being able to just relax and have fun would make a difference." She popped a pink star marshmallow into her mouth before asking, "Did you wear suits to your, uh, work parties?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:27 pm

shane nodded and smiled at her. She did love her sugar rush. "Yes, they were fancy parties. Everyone had to dress up."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:44 am

"That's why you're so sophisticated and classy," Ellie said. "All that party practice." She went to get a cup of coffee, before going to sit down at a table. "Back on my homeworld, we didn't really do fancy parties, except for weddings and stuff. But we did usually make a point of wearing hats, that was important."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:42 pm

"If she starts trouble we have a pretty decent brig." Esk remarked flatly.

---

Kay nodded and forced a weak smile at Danika as he sipped his coffee. A few minutes, then he could rush off, right?

----

Matt waved to Dawn but didn't really look at her, he was too focused on his twin. "What the hell were you thinking? There was talk of blood magic? What the fuck even IS that? And letting gods talk through your heads? Are you insane? You could have been killed!"

Web stared at Matt, blinked and smiled softly. "I never thought i'd live to see the day you were the sensible one."

Matt glared. "Even I know that was fucking stupid!"

"Do you have to do this now?" Jarral complained.

Matt turned to his nephew. "You talked him into this, what the hell were YOU thinking?"

"It was neccisary." Jarral replied dully.

"really?" Matt looked skeptical.

"I do not expect you to understand." Jarral replied.

Matt looked indignant.

Web coughed. "Maybe... we should have this discussion later. " He spoke softly, trying to be diplomatic.

Matt exhaled sharply. "At least tell me you got what you needed out of all that?"

"I... " Web began, he didn't look entirely certain. "think so?"

"Web seriously!"

"Honestly? I don't really remember much. It hurt, and then I was being carried by people." Web shook his head.

"no visions?"

Web looked thoughtful. "vuage things but... " He winced. "I can't remember."

"Why can you not be silent?" Jarral snapped.

Matt blinked. "uh.. sorry... i'll uh.. keep my voice down."

"Yes, do try. Or better yet, go away." Jarral responded.

"He's kinda rude isn't he?" Matt looked to Web.

"He's in pain." Web explained. "Let him rest. I'll explain what I can to you soon, I promise. "

Matt frowned, but nodded. "okay. " He looked to Dawn. "I'm gonna go get breakfast, anyone need anything?"

Jarral made a low growling noise.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:56 pm

"You have kept that tradition when you can" Shane said, getting some juice instead and sitting with her.

~~~
"No, thank you." Dawn replied gently. She would probably have Kay stay here while she grabbed breakfast when he showed up. She wasn't worried about it.

~~~
Danika, now happy, ate and chatted with the other kids, relaxing with familiar faces and friends around as well as the new faces of some other dragons and friends to be.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:23 am

Tala snorted softly in agreement. "True enough. I shall finish my run now, if we have naught more to discuss," she added.

~~
Asher knitted busily, mostly listening to the others talk, although he might join in sometimes. He wasn't feeling shy about Kay's presence, honest.

~~
Ellie nodded in agreement. "It's a good tradition. I know some Humanist traditions are uh, not so great, but hats are fun and harmless, and important." She smiled.

At that point Zara headed into the dining hall, looking tired, slightly nervous, and like she was trying to hide both those facts.

Ellie blinked, she didn't usually see people here who she didn't recognize. "Wait, is she one of the shifters or...?" she muttered to Shane.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:07 pm

Shane looked to the door then shook his head "No, she must be the new girl, joined us yesterday."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:10 am

"New girl? Ooh," Ellie said, sitting up a little straighter. "I must have missed that memo somehow." She grinned at Shane, "Sometimes I wish my brain was part of a magical information network like yours is, it seems useful."

Zara smiled at anyone who seemed to have looked her way, and went to get herself some breakfast.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:34 pm

"We'll be fine, go, eat." Web urged.

"okay, i'll be back soon okay?" Matt headed off to get food.

---

Kay ate quickly, trying to avoid looking at Asher. It was just a bit too confusing and upsetting right now, he had no idea where they stood and it hurt.

--

Esk looked honestly relieved as Tala left him alone, he continued his walk, at a somewhat more hurried pace just in case he ran into someone ELSE.

---

Armin joined everyone in the dining hall, bowing his head in greeting as he entered.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:43 pm

Shane chuckled and nodded "Yes, it is very useful." He agreed, waving a return greeting to Zara before focusing on Ellie again. "You could ask me anytime or practice with your gift by tuning in to the general 'network'."

~~~
Dawn looked to the two patients again then went to her desk to add in when they woke and their vitals to their records. It was something to do while they recovered some more quietly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:13 am

Asher could practically sense Kay's tension, and he wasn't really sure what to do about it. It wasn't like Kay was ever much good at discussing feelings, and even suggesting the possibility of doing that was likely to freak him out. Especially since all the kids were here and could listen in.
He kept talking to the kids about normal things, like nothing was wrong, but several of his processes were busily working away at the problem, heating his core several degrees higher than usual.

~~
Tala continued her jog. She may or may not have spent part of the jog imagining the smell of Satare soldiers' blood.

~~
"You think my magic could let me listen in on your telepathic chatter?" Ellie asked curiously. She stirred her cereal contemplatively, the milk was starting to turn a funny color from the marshmallows. "I know you guys have an easy time communicating that way because of your magic, but my magic is so different from yours."
"Hey Armin!" she added, waving cheerfully at the Vavare.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next