Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six

3 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six - Page 10 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six

Post by Kooshie Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ellie frowned a little at the question. "Yeah, I've talked to them. They're glad to know I'm okay. It's so strange how much older they are now, though." In the photos she'd seen, they both had a lot of gray hairs she didn't remember from before.

~~
Ethan looked amused. "The library's always open. You can stop by any time you want, as long as you don't get sugar on the books."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six - Page 10 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Matt managed a weak smile. "this family tree is getting fucking confusing." He agreed.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six - Page 10 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:34 pm

"Someday someone's gotta make a chart," James said. "It's gonna be confusing. I mean like, are you and me kinda brothers? How many aunts and uncles does Lana have? And other big questions like that." This was a light topic, suitable for cheering Matt up. Well, James hoped it was, anyway.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:46 pm

Shane nodded, gathering the dishes to put them in the cleaner first. He would walk with the two females quietly as they headed to see Hewitt.

~~~
Dawn looked to Esk after a while and watched him playing with the pencil a bit. "Do you feel better?" She asked softly
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:49 pm

Matt looked thoughtful. "Shit man.. I dunno." Who the hell was related to who now? Shit this was a confusing mess.

---

Hewitt was as he ever was.

----

Esk frowned. "Define.. better... better than what?" He asked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Starr went over to Hewitt and knelt beside him then looked to Ellie. "I will need you since I am not that proficient with plants." She admitted gently

~~~
Dawn shrugged a little "Feeling better, more normal, more...yourself?" She said and looked back to her plate with a flush.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:57 pm

James snickered. "I like the thought of us being brothers. I like adopting siblings, man."

~~
Ellie followed Starr in. "I mean, I've tried using my magic on him, and it hasn't done much so far. Do you have any ideas?" She frowned, looking at Hewitt. She didn't like Hewitt, but it still was unpleasant to see someone like this and not know how to help.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Hewitt's fingers twitched a little at the voices, was that a sign he could hear them?

----

Esk frowned. "thinking is... hard. Slow. " He told her flatly. "Hard to.. hard to explain. " The thoughts were there, just putting them into words was extremely difficult.

---

Matt patted James on the shoulder. "Why not? You can never have too many adopted siblings right?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:30 pm

James smiled a little. "Heck no. I have, let's see... Asher, Lark, Ethan, maybe Luka although I'm not sure whether she is right now..." He counted off on his fingers for effect, even though his computer brain didn't need the help, "You. And since you're one of my siblings, does that mean your other siblings are mine too?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:13 pm

"Definitely." Matt nodded. "by extention." He managed a half grin. "So... aww shit, does that mean Asher and Kay are now brothers? that's squicky. Nah man, we gotta exempt them or like.. make Asher my almost brother in law which he kinda... maybe... is? " He hesitated, shit, it HAD been ten years for Asher, would he and Kay still have a relationship to go back to? that was... not gonna be easy. "fuck... they better make this work. Someone's gotta retain a relationship out of this shit damnit."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:30 pm

"Oh maaan, that's just wrong," James said, laughing. "Yeah, we'll make them be... not brothers." He frowned a little, "Yeah, it'd be nice if they could make this work. Asher says he's planning to see how it goes, whatever that means."
Although he had his doubts about whether Asher and Kay were going to be a good couple any more. But maybe that was just because James had had that fight with Kay, and thought the guy was kind of a jerk now.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:09 pm

Matt nodded slowly. "I hope they manage. Asher's good for Kay."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:29 pm

"Wellll, not sure I'd call Asher good for Kay when he spent so much time running off without Kay," James mused. "But I'd like to see them happy, one way or another."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:03 pm

"no no, trust me... having someone like Asher is GOOD for Kay." Matt nodded sagely. For all the shit those two had been through, Asher did seem to make Kay happy. Least so Matt believed. "They deserve some good, both of them."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:14 pm

James shook his head. "I guess so. It seems kinda exhausting sometimes, though." He smiled slightly, "Guess everyone wants different things in life, huh?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:21 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Hewitt's fingers twitched a little at the voices, was that a sign he could hear them?

----

Esk frowned. "thinking is... hard. Slow. " He told her flatly. "Hard to.. hard to explain. " The thoughts were there, just putting them into words was extremely difficult.

---

Matt patted James on the shoulder. "Why not? You can never have too many adopted siblings right?"
Starr tilted her head a little, looking to the fingers then reaching for them to hold his hand while trying to speak to him telepathically. Hewitt, can you hear me?

~~~
"I understand." Dawn said gently then shook her head a little "I'm sorry."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:56 am

Aketi minds were bizarre, if Hewitt could hear her, he couldn't respond. But she got a sense that he was indeed alive, just not really fully aware.

---

Esk frowned. "Not your fault."

---

Matt nodded. "Yeah... maybe Esk has a point and relationships are just way more work than they're worth." He wasn't so sure, but then again, he hardly had a great track record when it came to healthy relationships.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:44 am

"Ellie, I need your plant expertise" Starr said, holding a hand out to the other female. "I can feel him, but he's not fully aware yet."

~~~
Dawn looked to him then smiled and shook her head "What was done had to be done, that's not why I said that. I'm sorry you had to go through it and that you are having trouble now." She said then looked down again "She should never of tried to hurt you or us."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:59 am

Ellie looked to Starr, then took her hand. "Do I try to talk to him? Or do you want me to try healing him?" She really wasn't a pro at healing people, and she wanted to know what Starr had in mind.

~~
"Yeah, Esk has a point" James said. "I mean, I know relationships aren't in my future. I hooked up with Acus one time, and then he fell in love with me. There's no feeling quite like getting boyfriendzoned when you thought you were friends with someone." He shook his head.
"But I mean, everyone has different needs. If a relationship is something you want, then I'm sure you'll find the right partner eventually."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:45 am

Esk grunted. "Lots... happens that shouldn't... that's life." He looked at Dawn. "Didn't hurt you.. did I?" It was something that did worry him, even if his tone remained even and flat as he asked it.

---

Matt made a face. Acus and James, hmm. He wasn't really sure how to feel on that one. It raised uncomfortable questions given James wasn't free till he met Mourn.

"I dunno, I mean, I always liked the idea of having kids but... relationships? I'm sure you've heard my brothers jokes about how I have the worst taste in sexual partners right?" He scoffed. "I dunno, I think I was actually happier single..." Huh, that was a wierd thought wasn't it? Life before Thalia was far easier, less conflict, less drama, less sacrifice of himself and his own needs. Maybe relationships weren't supposed to be like that, but he had no real other frame of reference. Thalia was his first and only long term relationship and had left him rather bitter about the whole idea.
"The situation with Acus sounds... really awkward. You okay?" and there he went, diverting attention from himself.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:10 am

"Just use your magic to check on his health, heal him a little if you can. I just need to see how your magic is interacting with him." Starr replied and smiled softly.

~~~
Dawn shook her head "No, you didn't hurt me. It hurt me to have to hurt you, but it was the only way to get her out. She tried to hurt me emotionally, guess she hasn't interacted with Pandorans before, huh?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:29 am

James nodded. "I guess good sexual partners don't necessarily make good long term partners," he said. "I mean I'm sure there are people out there who can be both though. Regardless, maybe taking a nice, long break from dating is a good idea."
He shrugged, "I'm fine. It was a bunch of dumb decisions on both our parts, but hey, these things happen."

~~
"Okay," Ellie said. She placed her other hand on Hewitt's arm, and sent out her magic, trying to sense any changes in his condition and heal him a little. "Like this?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:04 pm

Matt snorted. "yeah sounds about right."

---

Esk managed a wierd half smirk. "You're too tough for that."

---

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:19 pm

James waved a hand vaguely. "Guess the moral of this story is, people are unpredictable as all hell and we should all just avoid each other from now on." The tone of his voice showed he was joking.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Starr watched Hewitt, trying to see if he was getting any better Hewitt?

~~~
Dawn shrugged and looked back to him again "I gave her the emotions she wanted. I had to see if that could let me reach you. She couldn't know that I was still in control of them, even when I didn't seem to be. When I realized that wasn't working, I left to center myself again."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Matt snickered. "Somehow I don't think that's gonna work out."

---

Esk met Dawn's eye. "I don't... remember.. a lot. " He told her quietly. He couldn't hide how uneasy that made him.

---

Hewitt stirred ever so slightly in his sleep to Starr's words.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:37 pm

"True enough," James agreed with a smile. "And honestly, I like people too much to avoid them."

~~
Ellie watched, fidgeting a little. "He's sorta kinda conscious. That's gotta be a good sign. I think." She looked to Starr, who knew more about magic than she did at least.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:44 pm

"Same" Matt agreed. "most of the time anyway."

---

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next