Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unity Station

3 posters

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down

Unity Station - Page 4 Empty Unity Station

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just outside of Imperium space, a small but well equiped research station.

Unity is a joint venture between multiple worlds, hence the name. Xenobiology, anthropology and astronomy are some of the things researched here.
There's a small school, a few shops, one or two tiny restaurants and a coffee shop but generally speaking, the majority of the inhabitants are either researchers or family of researchers.

The chief of medicine is an insectoid woman named Yessalia.
Chief of security is a man named Tias.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Unity Station - Page 4 Empty Re: Unity Station

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:46 pm

Several hours later, Matt wrote a letter, in typical Matt style.

He told Lana about Vestia, a wonderful talking living ship that they called both home and friend.
He told her about Ellie and her hats and how much fun they had making ridiculous headwear and about how hats were apparently 'super important' in her culture.
He wrote about Shane who seemed to always have a new skill to show them and was always impressive and surprising.
He told her they were his best friends and that he hoped she'd like them too.

He told her about 'uncle Kay' looking forward to seeing 'uncle Asher' and Danika, and about how relieved he was to know 'uncle Web' at least had kept his promise of taking care of them all.

He asked her if she'd ever met Jarral. She hadn't. Web didn't talk about him.

He mentioned how strange it was to have a grown up nephew he never knew existed but realised who he was writing to before he wrote anything more on the subject.

He told her about the arcade here, and the pools, and all the other activities and how there was BONUS, no school! Unless she wanted to go to school, then they could probably find someone willing to teach but it'd be whatever SHE wanted to learn and therefore way better.

He remembered he was supposed to be getting to know this girl, so he then asked some questions.
What did she like doing for fun? Did she have many friends on the station? What was Unity like?

How was Moone? He wondered about her, she'd given up so much of her childhood to look after others and honestly, he empathized, though he didn't tell Lana this.

He then told her about Eva, at least, that she existed and was Esk's half sister and some big important military person fighting demons or something. Also she was kinda hot.
And Esk was mad at him for saying that. Okay he was mad for other things too but she was too young to hear about that!

And shit, now he'd brought up Esk. He didn't want to talk about that, not when it was all so uncertain.
He just told her 'uncle Esk' was working real hard on getting well again.

Also don't worry about the demons, they're far away and totally not something you have to worry about!

Then he sort of ran out of things to tell her, having told her well, effectively NOTHING about himself at all.
So he just signed off

“hopefully talk soon.”

He didn't even sign off as Dad, that was still too weird to him and he was unsure it was okay.
He just left it blank.

Lana read through this stream of conciousness a few times, bewildered by it. What a weird letter.
She wondered if it was nerves or if her father was just like this.

She sat and pondered before writing back.

[I admit it's weird having you back. I'm nervous. Are you? You must be right? Everyone here talks about you a lot, even Uncle Web and he doesn't talk a lot at all. But then he looks sad. He looks sad a lot.

Uncle Asher has told me you have fought a lot of bad people and won and that you're super brave, is all that true? Did you really hold off a boarding party of slavers using only things you found around the ship as makeshift weapons?

I hope Uncle Esk is alright. Nobody is really telling me exactly what happened, just that people were "sick." Danika said her Dad was in a coma? That doesn't sound good. Is he alright now?

They were all so excited when they heard their Mother's voice in their heads again. Jumping around like crazy.

I think Uncle Asher is nervous too. He's not very good at lying, he gets this face when he's trying to be cheerful for your sake.

I don't know who Jarral is.Is he Uncle Web's son? Uncle Web never talks about home, I think he finds it all a bit sad. It doesn't sound like a very fun place.
I don't think i'd like to live underground, i'd miss the stars.

Unity is nice, the people here are nice for the most part. Dr Webster gets angry if you mess around near the medical room and scolds me when I get hurt.

Uncle Web said he's named after her and that she's not as scary as she looks. I don't know. He says she means well and I should listen to her because she's just trying to keep me safe.

Professor Cobin is nice, he gives me candy and tells me about his latest book. He likes learning about other species and he loves magic even though he can't do it himself. He says it's a great gift that should be encouraged as much as it's controlled.
He's a funny man. His books are big and boring to read though.

Vestia sounds interesting. But very big. Bigger than Unity even! I can't imagine a ship so large. Is she really that huge?

Moone is okay I think, I don't see her that much. ]

truthfully Lana was usually off exploring or talking to people or getting into some sort of mischief. She loved to explore places she shouldn't be exploring.

[I'll ask for you.] She decided.

Then she didn't know what else to write.

[I ran out of things, i'm sorry. I'm going to go. Talk again.

- Lana ]

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:31 pm

AUGUST 23, 2800

Asher was freaking out.

This most likely came as a surprise to absolutely no one, since he'd been pretty much freaking out to varying degrees ever since Vestia had reappeared a couple weeks ago. Oh, he was trying to look calm and collected for the kids, since he knew that was what he was supposed to be doing, but he'd always been terrible at keeping his thoughts from showing on his face.

They'd been in contact with Vestia, so reasonably he knew everything was fine, but he kept wondering things anyway.

What if Starr thinks we raised the kids wrong?

What if Kay doesn't like who I've become?

What if it's a mistake to let the kids go anywhere near Vestia and her bad luck?

He probably headed to the dock, with whoever else wanted to go, excited to see everyone as soon as possible. It had been such a long time, and he didn't know what to expect, but he had missed these people so desperately, and he wanted to see them in person again and hopefully find out things were going to be okay.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:04 am

Lana was pretty uncertain about all these, her feelings very conflicted. On the one hand the prospect of meeting her actual father was exciting, all she'd ever been told of him had been pretty positive after all and his messages he sounded... interesting. Wierd though. But on the other hand meeting a parent she'd never known was also very nerve wracking, as was meeting all these people who'd only ever been stories to her.
She sort of a felt a bit left out, a little like she didn't really belong.

She stuck close to Nova or Asher, the only parental figures she'd really ever known and fidgeted, running her hands through the longer half of her hair nervously.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:28 am

Nova stayed close to Lana, she knew the girl was confused and nervous. Who wouldn't be under these circumstances?

The three dragon kids were excited, bouncing and running off the excited energy they had. They had no fears or misgivings about seeing their parents again despite the time lost.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:52 am

Asher smiled softly at Nova. This was so weird, finally they were about to see all their friends and family again after all these years. It was funny to think how originally, she'd been his bodyguard and they'd thought the job would only last a few months. And now she was the closest thing Lana had to a mother in her life. It was strange how things had worked out.

He stayed near Lana too as they waited for Vestia's airlock to open. He knew how worried Lana must be right now, poor kid.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:55 am

Moone was watching the group silently, waiting for the kids to calm down and for Vestia to open her ramp. She didn't show much of her thoughts right then, like Asher she wasn't quite sure what to feel.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:19 am

(From Vestia)

James stepped out onto the dock along with the others, and looked around. Ellie hung back a little with Shane, not wanting to get in the way of the reunion, and Ethan hung back even farther, really not sure about this whole family thing, and still watching Jarral out the corner of his eye.

Asher watched the group, hardly daring to believe what he was seeing. They were back. Finally, after all these years.

James waved. "Hey guys! Long time no see!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:36 am

Kay and Matt both stepped down together. Matt was relying pretty heavily on one crutch but he was doing a pretty good job of looking like he wasn't absolutely terrified.

Kay on the other hand looked worried and exhausted and stressed.
He scanned the faces of those assembled, barely recognising Danika despite having spoken to her on a screen. It was just too surreal. His gaze settled on Asher, eyes wide.

Lana gripped Nova's hand suddenly feeling rather less confident.
She recognised her father immediately, after all,he looked so much like Uncle Web. Still, despite knowing that, it was wierd to actually see his face.

Swarm scattered, watching the reunion from the air.

Jarral fixed Ethan with a cold stare.

Armin walked with Luna, holding back so others could embrace loved ones or whatever.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:42 am

Danika, Kerr and Vela ran to Starr, wrapping her in hugs and chattering excitedly. A moment later, Danika split off and went to hug Kay. "Hi dad." She said with a grin.

Moone waved to the others but walked over to Skye. The two looked at one another a moment before hugging tightly.

Nova waited beside Lana, waving to the others but not moving away. She had no one special to see and didn't want to interrupt the queen and her babies.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:53 am

Kay nearly dropped his tablet as Danika ran over to hug him, hesitantly wrapping his arms around her in an awkward hug.
He really had missed her.

Oh little one, how you've grown.

----

Matt smiled softly at the hugs, nodding to the adults and looking to Lana a bit awkwardly as he approached. "So uh... I assume you're Lana?" She couldn't really be anyone else with those pointy ears now could she?

Lana looked up at him, still holding Nova's hand.

Matt couldn't help but notice she had her mother's eyes. Beyond that though, she really did look a lot more like him than Thalia. It was sort of surreal. He had a daughter, shit.
He forced a smile.
Yep, this was definitely awkard.

"Are you hurt?" Lana asked at last.

Matt looked at her oddly. Okay that was an interesting choice of first question. "uh.. well.. recovering. " He shrugged. "I uh.. took a blade to the back months ago well.. oh.. man.. like ten years ago your time." Okay this was gonna be difficult to reconsile times huh?

Lana nodded. "You fought in a big battle. I've heard some of that story."

"yeah it's probably not really a good bedtime story." Matt agreed.

Lana cracked a small smile.

Matt looked to Nova. "thank you... for looking after her all this time." He told her sincerely. He'd thank Asher when he was less uh.. distracted. Poor guy looked a bit overwhelmed he thought.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:01 am

Danika grinned up at Kay and nodded "I'm a big girl now. I've missed you so much." She said then buried her head against his side. She just wanted the moment before she would let him go to Asher. Her eyes found Jerral in the shadows and she tilted her head, walking over to him. "Hello"

Nova dipped her head to Matt at his thanks. "It was a pleasure. I'm just sorry I couldn't tell her more about you." She hadn't really known him after all.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:02 am

Kerr and Vela would eventually release Starr, looking around at the others there. "Aunt Ellie" Vela called as she led Kerr over to hug Ellie and Shane.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:03 am

Asher hesitated a few moments, looking to Nova and Lana and Matt as they talked. It looked like Nova could reassure Lana for the moment, he decided.
He shot Lana a reassuring smile, then headed over to the group to say hi. Since Danika had gone over to Kay, Asher headed over to James first, to give him a hug.

James hugged Asher back. "I missed you, baby bro."

Asher laughed. "Baby bro? I'm way older than you now."

"Still my baby bro," james said, trying to ruffle Asher's hair fondly.

Asher dodged, but smiled affectionatelly at his brother. It was good to see him again.

Ethan tensed at Jarral's look, then decided to get out of here, because Jarral was creeping him out. Hopefully there was a store that sold books around here. If not, he'd just... hide for a while. Yeah.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:05 am

Ellie grinned when Vela and Kerr came over. "Hey guys! Man, you've grown up soo much, it's amazing." She gave them both hugs, looking delighted. She loved her niece and nephew so much!
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:54 am

Kay hugged Danika for a little longer before letting her go, watching her approach Jarral with a somewhat confused expression. He had no idea they even knew one another. But his attention was pretty quickly distracted by Asher. He chewed his lip and hung back, letting him have a moment with James.

---

Jarral tilted his head at Danika, he recognised her of course but couldn't help but be impressed she recognised him. He'd changed a lot. At eighteen he was pretty much fully grown, though shorter even than Kay at five foot five. Kevali were just very very tiny people.
He was still thin and sickly looking, but his purple eyes had dulled over the years to a near grey violet, his features sharpened and streaks of his hair lightened to an auburn colour when the light hit it right. Swirling tattoos ran up one side of his face and down his neck, disappearing beneath his many layered robes. The other side of his face was scarred, what looked almost like a raked burn across his cheek. Like he'd been clawed at by something hot.

He bowed his head hastily, shadow cloak pulled close around himself almost defensively. It made him look all the more pale.

"it has been a long time." He spoke quietly.

----

Matt nodded. "I'm sure you did fine." He looked to Lana. "right?"

Lana shrugged. How'd she know? She had no frame of reference for parenting.

Matt hesitated, looking thoughtful. "So.. uh... what now?"

"I don't know.." Lana admitted.

"Want a tour? Or you can show me around here?" Matt suggested, trying his best.

Lana nodded. "I think i'd like to see your ship." She agreed, looking to Nova as if for permission.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:10 pm

James hugged Asher again, cause he could, then took a step back. "You should go say hi to Kay," he told him. "We can talk later, yeah?"

"Of course," Asher said. "We have lots to catch up on." He smiled fondly at James, then turned his attention to Kay, heading over to him.
What to say? What do do? This was the extra stressful part.
"Hey Kay, it's good to see you again," he said, trying to smile. It sounded awkward to him, but honestly, he couldn't think of anything better to say. Oh dear.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:13 pm

Kay managed a weak smile and finally remembered he had a tablet in his hands. He tapped away at it, writing.

[I still can't quite believe so much time has passed.] He was fighting the instinct to just throw himself into Asher's arms, his expression conflicted and pained. Yep, this was awkward and really difficult.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:44 pm

"It's surreal," Asher agreed. "We're so lucky to have you guys back though."
He was also resisting the urge to hug Kay, who looked so worried and unhappy. Asher knew how much kay disliked any public display of affection, so Asher wasn't going to do it, even though he really wanted to right now.
This was so terrifying and stressful. He was still so in love even after all this time, but he felt like any wrong move could make it all break apart in a way they couldn't fix. And it was hard to navigate this situation with that sort of pressure.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:56 pm

Danika smiled softly "I thought it was you. It has been a long time. I'm glad you could come too." She said honestly.

Nova smiled and nodded "Yes, it'll be good for you to see Vestia." She said to Lana, glad the two were at least seeming to get along.

Moone and Skye kind of drifted away, looking for a place to talk and catch up together.

Kerr and Vela smiled at Ellie and nodded, glancing to one another then back to her. "Yep, we grew up." They said together before hugging Shane as well. They loved the fact they were all together again.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:05 pm

Kay glanced sidelong at the assembled, all sort of distracted by their own reunions. [Would you like to go for a walk?] He suggested uncertainly.
Danika seemed to be pretty distracted, he glanced back at her. [How does she know Jarral?] He asked, curious. It wasn't like Jarral or Web ever mentioned this.

---

Jarral frowned a little. "I am here as a guide, my obligation is now fulfilled." He hesitated, he wasn't really used to having friends, or dealing with things like reunions. "You have barely aged." That he found interesting.

----

Lana hesitantly let go of Nova's hand, did she ask her to come too?

Matt noticed the uncertainty "Things have changed a bit." He told Nova. "we're in first class now. Want to come see the fancy suites too?" Maybe that was better, it was too early to do the whole daddy daughter thing right? Lana looked pretty unsure about all this and could he blame her? She didn't know him at all.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:22 pm

Ellie giggled. "You sure did." She looked curious, "Man, so like, you guys are gonna be living with us again, right? You'll get to move to First Class and get big, fancy rooms and stuff." She looked to Shane, then back at vela and Kerr. "At least, I assume that's what's going to happen."

~~
Asher looked over at Jarral and Danika, he hadn't noticed them talking before. "Oh, that's Jarral? I heard he visited back when the kids were in the Imperium, Danika always spoke of him fondly." The guy looked creepy as all hell, but presumably he was okay. Hmm. Asher watched him thoughtfully.

He hesitated a bit longer, then nodded to Kay. "Yes, we should go for a walk, that would be good." He tried to smile.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:25 pm

Kay nodded. [He was sent to answer questions, he's spent a great deal of the time we've been gone researching the rift apparently. He is not... overly friendly.] He wondered why on earth he'd visited the kids but decided it probably wasn't important. He nodded to Asher. [Thank you. We still have a lot of catching up to do.] Damn, ten years was a long time.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:30 pm

Nova smiled then nodded "Alright, I haven't seen the first class floor." She said agreeably.

"I know, I grow slower now." Danika replied then shrugged "It's part of what I am." She wasn't concerned about the slower aging, it was more 'normal' after all. "Well, if you don't have to do a job, do you want to explore?"

Kerr nodded and grinned at Ellie "Yeah, we get to stay with you all again."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:36 pm

"Explore?" Jarral hesitated. The shadows around him whispered and hissed and he nodded slowly. "Very well.... This is a research station is it not? Do you know what it is they research?" The answer to that really did seem to be whatever interested the various research teams.
It was a pretty varied place.

---

Matt smiled. "Awesome. Okay well, then follow me!" He gestured with his free hand and led the way back to the ramp.

Lana stuck close to Nova but followed.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:37 pm

Asher nodded, and looked over at Jarral again. "I see. It's strange to finally see him after all these years. I've only heard him mentioned, and nobody ever said much." He looked back to Kay, "Shall we go, I guess?" Part of him wanted to suspiciously watch Jarral, but he knew that was probably unnecessary and slightly silly.

~~
"It'll be fun to have you guys around again," Ellie said. "Man, there are so many other dra-" she winced, "kids on Vestia now! You're gonna have so much fun meeting them!
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:41 pm

"They research all kinds of stuff. They don't know we are dragons though, mom told us not to tell." Danika said, excited to be able to be with him again.

Nova would walk with Lana, keeping her hand if she wanted.

Kerr chuckled and nodded "Yeah, it'll be good to meet some other kids, even if they are younger than us."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:54 pm

Kay noted the suspicious look on Asher's face. [He's prickly, but he's family. I don't believe he's any sort of threat.]

---

"it would be dangerous for them to know yes?" Jarral asked. "Perhaps it is prudent to keep certain secrets to yourself."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next