Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

3 posters

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two - Page 19 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

James went into Armin's room. "Hey man, watcha working on?" he asked, seeing that Armin was sewing.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two - Page 19 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:12 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Luka closed her eyes, snuggling into Rigel comfortably. She desperately wanted to see home again, but she really did fear how she'd explain everything to her father. She'd betrayed her people, yet, here she was, not feeling overly guilty about it, just sad and conflicted. Everything she'd grown up being told about the universe outside Imperium borders was, it seemed, wrong, she wasn't sure she'd ever be able to go back to that narrow blinkered mindset, nor that she'd ever fully trust the air force again. She was certain they hadn't meant for the experiment to fail, or for Eckhard to die like that, but how could she fight in wars against people she was no longer certain were the savage monsters her superiors claimed they were? Tala was strange for sure, but she certainly wasn't a monster. It was difficult to come to terms with the knowledge you'd been lied to, no, decieved your whole life, but she loved her homeworld and she kept telling herself that there was another explanation, that it wasn't deception, it wasn't lies, her government were good people trying to protect the Imperium from insidious outside forces!
sadly, she was now one of those insiduous outside forces.

Why'd this all have to be so complicated?
Rigel tried to think about what he could do to help her, but there really wasn't much of anything other than simply being her for her. "We still have some time to figure it out before we get there."

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two - Page 19 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Luka nodded but said nothing, she just wanted to be held right now.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:26 pm

James grinned. "You know all the right things to say to me. You're totally hired if you want... once I actually have a ship, you know."

Ellie busily hacked off pieces of cheese, thankfully not cutting her fingers in the process. "I'm being old school. James cooks eggs, Shane makes jerky, so I should be doing something old fashioned too."

~~
Ethan handed Starr the book. It was some fiction book he'd found back on Terra, probably something fairly light and optimistic in a genre he knew Starr liked. He hadn't gotten Luna anything, but he had wanted to give Starr a gift. Since he didn't know what to say to Starr, he had pretty much decided that giving her books was the best way to show his support.
"I hope you'll like it," he said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:29 pm

Matt grinned at James. "hey, every ship needs a janitor." He really couldn't help it could he? He would quite literally flirt with anyone and anything.

---

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:39 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Luka nodded but said nothing, she just wanted to be held right now.
Rigel smiled and held her close to his side. He would simply hold her as long as she wanted to be held.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:42 pm

"I used to be a janitor, and now I'm hiring janitors. I'm moving up in the world!" James laughed.

Ellie was continuing her destruction and sampling of that block of cheese. She looked up "Don't leave us, Matt, we need you to mop the floors here!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Matt cackled. "i'll have you all fighting over me, it'll be great!"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Starr smiled and read the book's bio "This is good, thank you Ethan." She said cheerfully. She was glad for the book and wanted to read it when she could.

~~~
"Just because it's classic, doesn't mean it has to be done in an 'old school' way." Shane said with a chuckle.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:03 pm

"I'll fight over you, I want your pro janitorial skills," James told Matt.

"But he's ours! We had him first," Ellie protested. She nodded at Shane, "Yeah, but I wanna be old school! Like an old Terran!"

~~
Ethan nodded. "You're welcome." He knew she might not have much time for reading, but it was the thought that counted, he figured. "I should get going I guess." He really didn't know how to navigate this situation at all, better to drop off books and run away.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Matt looked pleased, hey, he liked being wanted.

---

"Farewell my friend." Armin bowed his head to Ethan. He had nothing to add to the conversation so was remaining politely quiet, acting as a lovely bed for little Luna.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:16 pm

"Matt can pick where he wants to stay. He knows we all want him around" Shane said with a wink then he looked at Ellie again.
~~~
Starr chuckled and looked back to Ethan. "If you want to, though you are welcome to stay as well." She said gently.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:21 pm

James laughed. "Yeah, and it's gonna be a couple years before I get my own ship, anyway. So there's time to decide."

Ellie had apparently sliced off enough cheese now, and was just eating pieces of it. "Well, I hope he stays here."

~~
"I'll visit soon," Ethan told Starr. He nodded to Armin, then made his escape.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Matt snickered "It's nice to be wanted, needed even. What WOULD you all do without me." He didn't really expect an answer, it was retorical. "Good uh.. cheese?" That was cheese right?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Starr waved to Ethan the looked around at the others again.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Armin bowed his head to Starr again, rising to approach and return her child to her should she want to hold Luna. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. He didn't really know.

Oh to be psychic huh?

---

Luka cuddled with Rigel for a while, trying not to think. After a while she sat up and tried to change the subject. "tell... tell me about your robot." She requested, anything to not have to think about complicated things.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:38 pm

Starr smiled at Armin when he came over to her to hand Luna back. She took the baby and snuggled her close. She did love the baby, despite the circumstances. "Thank you for watching over her for me."

~~~
Rigel looked over to his desk and chuckled softly. "Well, it's still in the beginning stages. I may have to talk to Mourn or someone about the software. I do not want to make it sentient by accident."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:44 pm

"Yeah, this cheese is pretty good!" Ellie said. She grinned.

James looked amused.

~~
Tala watched Starr take back the baby, pleased to see that Starr really did seem to like Luna. She hadn't been sure how this was going to go, so seeing Starr with the baby was nice.

~~
Ethan hastily headed off. He might go looking for Esk, he felt like he should warn Esk that his future job was being threatened.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:46 pm

"it was my pleasure." Armin replied with a bow of his head.

----

Esk had found somewhere to hang out, drinking a beer and doodling to pass the time. He probably wasn't hard to find, he wasn't actively trying to hide this time.

---

"you think that's possible?" Luka asked, looking a little horrified. "how.. will it get from floor to floor?" The devil was a weird ship, full of ladders and cramped corridors.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Starr smiled and glanced to Tala "Did you want to hold her?" She asked to be fair.

~~~
Rigel chuckled and shrugged. "I'm making the body with a rail holder so it can climb ladders. It was either that or make the wheels able to hold the walls to climb that way. Terrans didn't think they could make sentient androids, I would rather not chance making a sentient bot."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:55 pm

Ethan got some directions from Vestia, and located Esk pretty easily. He looked in cautiously, wanting to get an idea of the guy's mood before interrupting. He knew Esk could be pretty prickly sometimes. Deciding Esk didn't look overly hostile, he decided to make his presence known. "Hey Esk."

~~
Tala blinked at the question, she hadn't expected it. "That is all right, she should be with you for now," she said. "We already exchanged greetings earlier, all is well."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Starr chuckled at that and nodded "As you wish." She said gently and headed over to sit on her pillow nest here. "Babies are always so pure and innocent."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:04 pm

Luka nodded. "Do you really think they didn't know? I mean... they put the laws in afterwards.. like.. a second thought.. almost like a failsafe. Not built in." She frowned, she'd actually read the user manuals, they were funny at the time but the more she got to know James and the other androids the creepier it became.

---

Esk glanced up, closed his sketch book and tucked the pencil into a pocket. "you here to talk about how freaked out you are by Starr's new kid or is this a casual friendly visit?" He asked flatly. Problem with Esk is that his tendency to speak without real inflections made it really hard to tell when he was joking and when he was being deadly serious.
But then again, Ethan was never casual OR friendly so...
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:10 pm

Rigel shrugged at that "I don't know, I guess it's more of a hope that it was not on purpose, though the evidence goes against that."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:12 pm

"She seems to be a lovely child," Tala said. Yeah, Tala was just as susceptible to the cuteness of baby dragons as everyone else was. "The offspring of your species seem unusually nice, other species are louder and angrier." Her ears wiggled in amusement.

~~
Ethan eyed Esk, trying to read what his mood was. Nope, he couldn't do it. Esk was hard to make sense of. "Neither," he said after a moment. "The topic of therapy came up while I was visiting the kid, and Tala suggested hiring some sea goats as therapists. So I though you should know goats might end up taking your future job."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:14 pm

Luka nodded, looking a bit uncomfortable. "So.. rail runners yes? that's a good idea." Yay for changing the subject when things got tough!

----

Esk stared at him "Goats?" He looked skeptical. "You mean Capricorns?" hey, he paid attention, he knew a bit about Hakon. He looked slightly irked by that, not so much the job thing, more Ethan's casual racism.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:19 pm

"Yes, capricorns. You know about them, then?" Ethan asked. He frowned at Esk's expression. "I didn't mention your plans to the others, but I figured you might want to know." He shrugged.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Starr chuckled and nodded at that "Our species grows faster, so there's less time to be angry and loud." That wasn't the real reason, but it sounded funny.

~~
"Yeah, I figured that would be easier and less creepy. A lot of people are scared of spiders or anything similar to spiders." Rigel said with a smile.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next