Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

4 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN - Page 34 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kay looked amused at that remark. [You're probably right. And bottom bunk, because I wasn't willing to argue the point. There were about 12 of us in one room, it was fairly cramped.] Not that he'd spent many evenings IN his bunk considering. Nope, his evenings had been spent locked in an old bunker hoping like heck he wouldn't get out and nobody would find him.

---

Ivor shrugged. "I do.. don't know..." He came out into the hall and closed the door carefully behind himself. "You have animals on a ship?"

----

"If they have no choice, then they are still slaves." Armin bowed his head.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN - Page 34 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Post by Kooshie Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:22 pm

"Maybe so." Ethan thought back a bit, "Most of the android owners I've met weren't especially admirable members of their species. Of course in the other universe, androids are great because they're loyal bodyguards too. You can't ask a hooker to be your bodyguard, not without looking stupid."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:25 pm

Kooshie wrote:James shook his head. "If you're up for experimenting on people, you aren't going to change that much in a few lifetimes. Keep the creepily powerful and unbelievably ancient beings away from us, I say."
"He did help rescue all of us." Skye said then shrugged. "People can change, if they have a reason."

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:28 pm

"Depends on the hooker, some of them can be pretty ferocious" Esk smirked a little.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 pm

James didn't look like he believed Skye. He probably never would come around, he was pretty stubborn about this. "Let's uh, watch some more movies or something?" He said instead. He looked at Ivor and Silence, "Or we can do that later, you guys are probably totally bored."

~~
Ethan snorted. "Maybe. I haven't met that many hookers, so I don't know."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:40 pm

Esk shrugged. "I suppose back in your universe my mother was a completely innocent pure maiden huh?" He snorted. Stellan hadn't said much about her, if he'd even known who she was.

---

Ivor smiled politely to James. "She likes the stars." He explained, nodding to Silence.

Silence glanced over at them. "pretty. Comforting."

"I suppose.. n.. no matter where in the universe you go... you k.. know that somewhere familiar is out there... somewhere... " Ivor mused.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:43 pm

"I heard she slept around everywhere, and that's why she ditched Stellan," Ethan said. "Could have just been a rumor though, I never met her."

~~
James looked up at the stars. They were pretty, if you could get over all that empty space up there. "Guess I see your point. They are nice."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:58 pm

Esk half laughed, it didn't sound overly sincere. "So nothing much changes then. "

---

Ivor smiled weakly. Silence went back to staring up, craning her long neck.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:00 pm

"She slept around here too? Huh. Guess we'll never understand how these universes work," Ethan said, shaking his head. So bizarre.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:16 pm

"We lived in the middle of the woods and had no money, how the fuck do you think she managed to get the stuff we all needed?" Esk shook his head. "My brothers are all too fucking stupid and deluded to accept it, but she did what she had to do to survive. The sort of people who travel those abandoned paths are not good people. I suppose her actions served a dual purpose of keeping those assholes distracted all night so they wouldn't hurt anyone as well." He stretched. "Some things never change, no matter what universe you're in."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:20 pm

Kooshie wrote:"I wasn't literally talking about gods," Ethan said, "it's just something you say." He wasn't religious at all, he'd just gotten in the habit of using that exclamation, along with all his other questionable language. Whoops. "Of course I wouldn't tell him he's an expert, that would be a terrible idea. I don't think anyone would be dumb enough to take his advice though."
He frowned at Esk's question. "Of course it doesn't matter. You were just curious, so I was telling you things that might help you satisfy your curiosity." A slight pause, "And I guess having some hopeless romantic's memories does make me curious too." He shifted awkwardly.

~~
Moriah frowned. "Lessons aren't supposed to hurt. That's just wrong. Who's teaching you about freedom now? They wouldn't hurt you too, would they?"
"A-asher is... H-he nice." amari said shyly, he clearly was attached to the medic.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:36 pm

"Gross. Guess she really wanted to keep you guys alive, so good on her for that," Ethan said. He couldn't imagine sleeping with random Satare men could be much fun, especially if you weren't Satare yourself.

~~
"Good. He does seem pretty nice, I don't think he'd hurt you," Moriah said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:40 pm

"I dunno. She didn't HAVE to. She could have just taken us back to the nearest village and dumped us." Esk frowned a little. He'd never really thought about that till now. Much as he resented the woman, she had given up her whole life to look after kids, most of whom weren't even hers. Hmm. He didn't like how that thought made him feel. He got up. "I should check on Dawn..." He mumbled. Yes, an excuse to escape a conversation he found suddenly uncomfortable.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Kooshie wrote:"Gross. Guess she really wanted to keep you guys alive, so good on her for that," Ethan said. He couldn't imagine sleeping with random Satare men could be much fun, especially if you weren't Satare yourself.

~~
"Good. He does seem pretty nice, I don't think he'd hurt you," Moriah said.
amari nodded, "H-he been helping care for wounds." He said showing the healing stomach wound. The face one was nothing more then a faint line.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:47 pm

"She could have left a bunch of magical kids to the mercy of the imperium. Yeah, that'd be a great idea," Ethan said. He blinked as Esk abruptly got up. "All right. Guess I'll see you later."

~~
"Oh that's good. I'm glad you're getting better now," Moriah said with a smile.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Esk nodded. "Yeah, see you around I guess." Not that he intended to go anywhere near the library unless he had to. He hesitated. "you got audio books?" He asked, managing to keep his tone disinterested.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:14 pm

"Yes, we have some audiobooks," Ethan said. "I'll be picking up more soon, but there's already a decent collection of them. There's audio players available for checkout too." He got up, if Esk was leaving, he had no reason to stay in the cafeteria.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:28 pm

Esk nodded. "alright." He left it at that, he could find out what Ethan had later... preferably when Ethan wasn't about to judge him or question why he wanted such and such a book.

He went to check on Dawn, see if she was up to eating yet.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:37 pm

Ethan smiled oddly. Looked like he might have someone else who wanted those audiobooks, hmm. He watched Esk go, then went to wander the ship a while.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:06 pm

Skye looked up at the stars too and smiled softly "Yeah, they are pretty and pretty constant." Yep, time to stop that no-end conversation.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:14 pm

James sighed, looking up at the stars. "You know, I should probably go shout at my brother a bit for adopting another kid now. I haven't done that yet."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:16 pm

"To be fair, Danika did imprint on Kay, not Asher." Skye said with a chuckle
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:18 pm

"Not that one, the new slave kid he decided to adopt without telling me yesterday," James said. "I mean I could yell at him about Danika too, but it's a bit late for that now." He nodded sagely.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:34 pm

"I know, it was the "another" part that I was joking about, since technically he didn't have much choice with Danika." Skye said with a shrug
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:49 pm

"Ohh," James laughed. "I missed your joke at first, I'm sorry."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:58 pm

Skye chuckled again and nodded. "It's fine, it wasn't that good a joke anyway" She said with a shrug.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:31 am

"th... the other... new people on the ship.... " Ivor looked back at Skye and James. "W.. who are they?" They'd been mentioned a couple of times, people didn't seem overly happy about them. Why were they welcoming to he and silence but not these other people?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:25 am

Kooshie wrote:"She could have left a bunch of magical kids to the mercy of the imperium. Yeah, that'd be a great idea," Ethan said. He blinked as Esk abruptly got up. "All right. Guess I'll see you later."

~~
"Oh that's good. I'm glad you're getting better now," Moriah said with a smile.
He nodded, "Asher, Asher said I'll get a new leg too." He tapped the stump of what was left of his right legZ

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next