Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Four

3 posters

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Four - Page 28 Empty Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Four

Post by Starrnico Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dawn would be alright, she just got bored laying there alone and without a project to do.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Four - Page 28 Empty Re: Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Four

Post by Kooshie Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:49 pm

Asher smiled slightly. "To be fair, I haven't met that many Satare, so my imagination may be running wild. But you guys do seem to be a lot taller than Terrans in general." He'd met, what, two full-blooded Satare total? Just Luka and Dr. Heinz, and Heinz had been almost a full foot taller than him.
He nodded. "Thank you. It's going to be unpleasant, to say the least, but we have to try to do what's right."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Four - Page 28 Empty Re: Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Four

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:12 pm

Luka laughed. "I am a bit short..." She admitted. "My brothers used to call me titch. The jerks." She smiled though, she loved her brothers, even if they were mean to her.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Asher chuckled. "Siblings are so mean. You're not that short." She was about three inches taller than him, after all. He shook his head, looking out the window at Terra, which was steadily becoming larger as they approached. "You have a lot of brothers, don't you? I think James mentioned that."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:13 pm

Luka nodded "Four of them. I'm the youngest." She looked out at the view. Terra really was a very pretty planet wasn't it?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:42 pm

"That sounds chaotic," Asher said. "Although possibly very fun too." He smiled at Luka, "What are you planning to do once we make it back to Terra? I'm hoping Vestia's left me some stuff to repair, personally."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:15 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Esk looked skeptical  but he nodded. Fine, sure, whatever Dawn. "Weren't you sharing with Moriah?" He asked, looking around the room with idle curiosity. It wasn't like he spent much time in here after all.

---

Luka nodded "No, or overly tall people." She indicated the roof. "But we can't blame the poor ol' girl for her designer's oversights." She looked thoughtful. "How are things going with your whole.. revolution thing?"
Dawn nodded then shrugged "Yeah, but she's quiet." She replied. It was almost like being in here alone.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Kooshie wrote:"Gotta make up for lost time, and there are so many ladders on this ship to climb," Asher said, smiling at Luka. "This ship is lovely, but she wasn't designed with wheelchairs in mind, that's for sure." He patted the wall fondly, he liked smaller, older ships, they were the sort of thing he'd spent a lot of his life repairing.

~~
"Esk was mistaken then. I see." Tala nodded. "What will we be doing when we return to Terra, will be taking jobs again at some point/" She kind of liked the Silver Devil being back in action.
"There will likely be other jobs for us to take, though if we do start taking regular jobs, we will need to find a medic that wants to stay with us." Rigel said with a frown "What do you mean Esk was mistaken?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:23 pm

"Esk thought it was odd that Dawn was eating in her room," Tala said. "It matters not, they are mere cultural differences." She looked thoughtful, "Oh that is right, Dawn desires to stay on Vestia. You would hire a replacement medic for this ship, then? Mayhap your emancipated slave would be happy to return to medical duty." She was referring to James.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:35 pm

"James doesn't like blood, plus I think he wants to stay with Vestia also." Rigel said with a shrug. "Maybe we can convince Moriah to stay with us, since she has medical training."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:20 pm

"True, he is of feeble stomach," Tala agreed. "Which amuses me, as he has none!" She nodded, "I enjoy the work we do. Vestia is satisfactory, but a life of ease and comfort dulls one eventually."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:22 am

Luka shrugged. "I don't know. It's been nice to be back here. " She loved flying after all. "Though Vestia does have some very nice facilities." She smiled softly. "I think a lot of the crew will be relieved to be back on Vestia though. Things are... awkward around here." Every time they went on a trip on the devil things got awkward, seemed few of the crew could handle the confinement so much anymore.

---

"Is quiet a good or a bad thing?" Esk asked, settling himself more comfortably in the chair.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:34 am

Kooshie wrote:"True, he is of feeble stomach," Tala agreed. "Which amuses me, as he has none!" She nodded, "I enjoy the work we do. Vestia is satisfactory, but a life of ease and comfort dulls one eventually."
"True, I like being around Dawn now, but I have never been one to stay in one place for too long." Rigel said then shrugged and sighed softly. "She however wants to stay with Vestia and I will not deny her that."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:42 am

Asher smiled. "You seem to be better at adjusting to this environment than some of the others. Still, Rigel is a good captain and the crew is all very capable. It's been fun to get to travel with you guys." It helped that Asher wasn't very confrontational, so he didn't get in many disagreements though.

~~
"Dawn is a sensible woman and she shall be well no matter where you go," Tala said. "She has her magics and her mind, you can travel as you please. Leaving the ones you love is not happy, but sometimes it is right."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:42 am

Dawn tilted her head a little in thought then shrugged "A little of both. I forget she's here sometimes."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:47 am

Rigel gave her a sad smile at that and nodded "True, it just seems bad things happen when I leave my family behind. Dawn is already more capable than my wife was, and she's stronger than her father." He spoke to himself more than Tala on that part
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:59 am

Tala's ears flicked forward curiously. "No one can shelter their family from everything. You are a fine captain and a skilled warrior, but you are still one man." She shook her head, "I know not what happened to your family, but I do not think you need to fear for Dawn. She can protect herself well, and the crew of Vestia is also powerful and capable."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:26 am

Esk snickered. "That IS quiet." He yawned.

---

"I'm pretty used to being cooped up, Fleet outposts are usually pretty crammed." She shrugged. "plus I get a whole cockpit to myself so there's always somewhere I can escape to." She smiled softly. "Not many come bother me up here, it's nice and quiet."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:41 am

"That would help," Asher agreed. "Being the pilot means you can yell at people to get out of the cockpit if they annoy you, too. That has to be a plus." He smiled, "I prefer having a little more space to wander about, but this ship's size hasn't bothered me much. Then again, maybe I've been distracted."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:12 am

"Yes, they are and she is capable in her own right." Rigel said then sighed and shrugged a little "Basically, as far as I know, we are the only two of our family left. I worry for her sometimes."

~~~
"Do you want to take a nap? I can leave you in here if you want." Dawn offered as she glanced to him. "Or I can just read while you rest."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:29 am

Tala tilted her head. "I know not what it is like to be the last of a family, but that seems a lonely thought."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:49 am

"i'm fine." Esk almost snapped, catching his tone just in time. "It's not the first time i've gone without sleep. " Still, this chair was pretty comfy. He closed his eyes. "Why ARE you hiding out in here?" He asked without opening his eyes. Hey, after weeks of forced bedrest and isolation most people would want to spend time away from their rooms right? Then again, Dawn wasn't exactly that social.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Rigel nodded and shrugged "We make friends that are as close as family, but we are the last of our line."

~~~
Dawn shrugged and looked to her remaining meal again. "I like being around people sometimes, but I am still more used to only being around a few for long times. It's one reason i like Vestia more. If I want to be alone I can, or if I want to be around others I can."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Tala nodded. "It is wiser to be separate if you wish to propagate the bloodline," she said, obviously feeling that she was being helpful, "That way a disaster will not kill you both, so the odds of reproducing successfully and continuing the bloodline will improve."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Rigel blinked at the bluntness of that statement then chuckled and shrugged "I don't know if either of us will have kids, especially if she's fallen for Esk. Hard to reproduce if you can't touch."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:56 pm

"There are other ways to make one pregnant," Tala said sagely. "If they felt the desire to procreate, they could find some solution." She slapped his shoulder cheerily, "As they said in the silly Terran movie of the park of reptilian creatures, life finds a way!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Rigel nodded, there wasn't much of anything to say to that. If she was determined, they would be able to find a way.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:13 pm

"On that we agree then." Esk told her. "lots of places to get some space." He paused. "Do you want to be alone now?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next