Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild Capitol: Chapter 2.5

3 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter 2.5 - Page 3 Empty The Guild Capitol: Chapter 2.5

Post by Starrnico Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:51 am

First topic message reminder :

so the other doesn't get lost yet we can still play Smile
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter 2.5 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter 2.5

Post by Starrnico Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:49 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:--everything-- --here-- --is-- --interesting-- Swarm pointed out.
Skye laughed at that and shrugged, picking a place to land and have a closer look. "Right, let's see what this place is."

Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter 2.5 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter 2.5

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:33 am

Swarm kept close, looking around at where they now were.

---

"you do not have hearts though." Armin pointed out with a chuckle and patted James on the shoulder. "but you ARE a person. Always remember that." He nodded and looked warily at the candles. They were small enough not to set off his fear but he was still dubious of them. Even a tiny flame with these oxygen tanks could be absolutely devastating. So he kept his distance. "you are correct, there must be someone nearby." He called out softly. "Hello?"

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:09 am

James laughed and nodded. "Metaphorical hearts," he said, "not physical ones."

Finally something moved. One of the mirrors on the walls swung outward and a quadrupedal creature peered out, before stepping into the room. It was a griffin, feathers light brown and white, and beak a pinkish color. Its claws clicked on the floor as it walked, and its gait was a bit waddling as if it wasn't really a species meant to walk for long.
It looked at then for a moment, then it's ears pointed forward at them. "Hatchlings!" It said, "Welcome!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:09 am

Armin tilted his head. "We are no hatchlings my friend." He bowed gracefully. "I am Armin Den Skadare, this is James... Bond yes?" He remembered and bowed his head to James. "I hope we are not intruding."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:21 am

James tried to not laugh as Armin called him James Bond. Oh dear, that was going to be his surname now, wasn't it? Not that there was anything wrong with that. He nodded in agreement.

The griffin plodded over to them and looked up at them. It was about the size of a Labrador Retriever, albeit much heavier looking due to its thick plumage. "'Hatchlings' is the traditional term of address to all newcomers to the church," it said helpfully, "I am known here as Learned One Sunbeak, as the griffin language is difficult for other species to pronounce."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:32 am

"It is an honour to meet you Learned One Sunbeak." Armin bowed his head once more. "this is a beautiful church."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:55 am

Sunbeak's feathers ruffled and it made a purring sound. "I'm glad you like it. The griffins of the Guild have put a great deal of time into making this place right." It looked up at them curiously. "You are a vavare, Armin Den Skadare?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:21 pm

Armin nodded. "I am. You have had dealings with my people?" He asked curiously.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:36 pm

"Not often. I've met a few vavare before, and the people of our religious sect revere your silk for its healing properties, lightness, and strength, considering it to be something almost holy." Sunbeak nodded sagely, "We don't deal with vavare often, but we respect your kind very much."

"What do you do with the silk?" James asked, "I assume you don't wear it."

Sunbeak clacked its beak, amused. "We normally hang pieces over the doorways during cleansing ceremonies, to keep ancient bitterness and hate away. We don't wear it, we just aren't shaped right for clothes."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Armin bowed his head again. "You honor us with your reverence." He told the Griffin.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Sunbeak made a face that looked sort of like a smile. "It is good to meet a creature such as you." It looked at James, "And what are you? I'd say Terran, but there are so many species that look Terran that it's hard to be sure."

"I'm a Terran android," James said, smiling a bit.

"One of the free ones they've been talking about?"

James nodded. "Yeah, I'm free. My brother's the one who went and spoke to the Guild yesterday."

Sunbeak nodded in a birdy sort of way. "After all that, I guess you androids really are proper hatchlings now. Very good." It looked back to Armin again, "Would you two like to look around at all? I'll be going to roost soon, but I can show you around first. You're welcome to join the flock." Sunbeak was a priest after all, of course it wanted converts.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Armin bowed his head. "it would be a pleasure to hear of your beliefs and to see more of your church." He told him. He had no intention of converting of course, but Vavare were raised to take great interest in other's cultures and belief systems.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:31 pm

The priest flapped its wings lightly, making the candle flames flicker a tiny bit, and lead the way toward the dais where the other mural was.

"There are a lot of griffin religions and political movements, but our religion is the" strange cawing noise "belief system. You might prefer to call it Stellar Reincarnationism. We believe that all beings can be connected when they share our faith, and that those who believe shall be reincarnated repeatedly until they find their true way and become one with the stars." It waved one paw at the mural on the wall, "We believe that as we approach our true way, we are reborn as griffins, but anyone can start that journey, no matter their shape."

"Wait, so if I was the follow your religion, I'd be reborn as a griffin?" James said.

"Eventually, yes," Sunbeak said, amused. "It isn't guaranteed to happen in one lifetime, or even in seven. But someday you would be a griffin if you followed the path faithfully."

James blinked. Weird. "Do you have reincarnation in your beliefs?" he asked Armin curiously.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:05 pm

Armin shook his head. "When we die we are taught that if our hearts are pure, we shall join the weaver in spinning the threads of the universe." He looked up at the mural in fascination. "How does one follow your path?" He asked Sunbeak politely.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Sunbeak fluttered its wings and indicated some writing that twined along the wall held in the beak of a painted griffin, scratchy and illegible. "We seek a life that cleanses us of what weighs us down. We try to leave our hatred and bitterness behind, to lighten the weight on our souls. We fast every year, eating leaves which can grow again. Of course, not all species can handle such a diet, we understand that." It looked at both men, amused. Neither one of them could survive on leaves, after all! "We pray and meditate and seek to bring new folk into the flock. That is our way."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Skye looked around and tilted her head at the things that were set up on tables around them. Apparently this was like a science fair type of place with the inventions ready to be shown off or tested.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:49 am

Armin listened intently to Sunbeak, studying the writing but making no sense of it. "Thank you for sharing this with us."

--

Swarm eagerly rushed to get a better look at the experiments.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:33 am

Skye wandered among the people there, asking the owners about each one and what they did curiously. Most answered willingly, eager to share their knowledge
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:34 am

Swarm effectively interrogated everyone intheir enthusiastic manner, curious about everything, wanting to see demonstrations and everything. --we-- --did-- --not-- --anticipate-- --science-- --in-- --such-- --a-- --magical-- --place-- they told Skye
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:39 am

Skye giggled then shrugged "Artuvians cannot be the only ones not affected by magic, and there are many who can use the anti-magic tech to nullify the magic users. Science is the only way around that at times." She said then paused when she saw a hawk-Artuvian at one of the tables, fiddling with something.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:49 am

"Of course," Sunbeak said. "If you ever wish to follow the path, please come and visit again. Or just come visit! But now I must rest, the sun is down and although we stand under a mural of stars, us griffins really are most alert during sunlight hours." It clacked its beak in amusement.

"Thanks... man?" James said.

The griffin nodded. "That works."

James grinned and looked to Armin. "Want to look around a bit more, or are you ready to head out?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:16 am

Armin bowed gracefully. "Our thanks most Learned One. Rest well my friend."

He nodded to James. "I am certain there is much more to see here, but it would be polite to allow our friend to rest. Perhaps we may return come daylight, if you so desire. "

---

--Magic-- --nullifying-- --technology-- --is-- --very-- --useful-- they agreed, but then Swarm hesitated, seeing the hawk. --Artruvan?-- they asked to confirm, watching the man.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:17 am

James nodded. "Sounds good." He waved to the griffin, then headed for the door. "Anything you want to see, Armin?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:18 am

Skye nodded and looked to Swarm then back to the other one, walking over to see what he was doing.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:24 am

The hawk Artuvian looked up for a moment and spotted Skye, eyes widening in surprise. He came over, still holding whatever it was he had been fiddling with. "You're not a shapeshifter, are you?" he asked Skye.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:26 am

Skye stopped and shook her head "No, I am not" She replied and glanced to Swarm then back to him again "I am Skye, who are you?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:36 am

"Orel," he said, holding out his hand to her. "It's been a long time since I've seen an actual hawk, you'll have to understand my skepticism." He didn't seem to have noticed Swarm yet.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next