Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two

4 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two - Page 12 Empty Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two

Post by Quinn The Fox Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

As soon as Kaylr rolled over, Merith pounced again, going to bash his head with a swift kick from the side.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two - Page 12 Empty Re: Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Kay nodded [I hate shoes. ] He wriggled his toes. [They're restrictive and uncomfortable. Grew up mostly barefoot, so I never got used to having to wear them. The minotaur hates clothing, she said they don't wear them usually so it's uncomfortable. It's something that takes time to get used to, to sort of... acclimatize to.] He looked sympathetic.

---

Esk shook his head. "At least he's not nuts." He shrugged. "They reprogram you as well?"

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two - Page 12 Empty Re: Through the Looking Glass: Chapter Two

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:15 pm

"It's good to know I'm in like minded company," said Asher.

~~
"No, they didn't update my owner files..." James paused as his mind processed what Esk had said, "'AS WELL'?"

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:18 pm

Esk stared at James and shrugged casually. "yeah, my brother's double liked the idea of robots feeling pain. Fucking psycho. So Asher's freaking out just a little bit. " He pointed over to him. "Must be pretty strange. And sucks, to have never felt anything before and the first thing you feel is the pain of driving a blade through your own hand? I mean, that's a level of shit I can't even begin to process." He spoke flatly.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:23 pm

James' eyes widened. "They tortured him? They gave him new programming just so they could TORTURE HIM?" His voice shook a bit. That was a level of brutal he could barely imagine.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:28 pm

Esk nodded, shrugging again. "Probably the least disgusting thing that guy did all night, but yeah. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:35 pm

James raced away from Esk, going to where his brother and Kay were. He nearly tackled Asher with a hug, before common sense intervened and he stopped a bit short, staring at Asher worriedly. "Are you okay? Oh my gosh, are you okay?!"

Asher looked up at him, trying to sound reassuring. "Yes, I'm all right. It's good to see you again, James."

James glared. "Don't it's good to see you again me, I'm WORRYING about you. I heard you got stabbed!"

"It was a minor injury, which was fixed," Asher told him gently.

"It HURT!" James looked scared. "We're robots, we're not built for that sort of thing. It could break you!"

"Well it hasn't yet," Asher pointed out.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Kay watched James, trying to look reassuring.

Esk strolled over.

"Hey, at least you guys don't bleed and can easily fix your injuries with a bit of adhesive. Regular organic people have to deal with that shit for weeks, or months while it heals." Eugh, he remembered too well how annoying and painful a broken hand was. "Feeling better?" He asked Kay.

Kay nodded. [Thank you, I think I needed that.]

"Any time you need someone to yell in your face and call you a prick, i'm here." Esk smirked.

[Good to know you really do care after all]

"Oh don't start with the sentimental shit. I still shot you, and it felt AWESOME. "

[Is Merith alright?] Kay glanced to where Merith was.

Esk shrugged "What am I, ship's Councillor? "

[Maybe I should go talk to him.]

"No way, you go over there, looking like.. well you... not a good plan. " Esk glanced to Asher for confirmation that it was indeed a super bad idea for Kay to talk to Merith.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:49 pm

"I think it might be wise to wait on talking to Merith," Asher said to Kay. He didn't care to elaborate on why that was the case, it was too unpleasant to discuss.

James glared at Esk. "He still isn't used to it, so it's worse."

Asher glared at James. He wasn't interested in discussing pain relativity right now, thank you very much. He turned to Esk, "Are you hurt at all, by the way?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Esk shrugged "I'll heal." He said simply.

[What happened?] Kay looked alarmed.

Esk sighed "Your evil twin stabbed me. It's fine, I won't die. Besides, James is right, i'm kinda used to pain."

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:57 pm

"You've had your injury checked by someone, though?" Asher asked. "I'm sure you'll heal, but it's good to get these things looked at promptly."

James looked pleased that Esk said he was right, then quailed under Asher's warning look.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:04 pm

Esk rolled his eyes. "It'll be fine, it's already healing. "

[You yourself said we should distract ourselves with work. You're hurt, we're medics. So sit down and be fussed over.] Kay looked somewhat pleased about this.

Esk looked irritated. "Fine, find some bandages and feel pleased with yourselves, pat one another on a back for a job well done or whatever."

[Stop sulking, it's unbecoming.] Kay told him.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:09 pm

Asher looked amused. It was good to see a bit of the old Kay again.

"Can I check his stab wound? Can I?" James said, snickering.

The older android gave him a suspicious look.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:12 pm

Esk glowered at James. "You are WAY too eager. Do you just enjoy seeing me injured?"

[Go ahead, I can't touch him.] Kay told James.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:16 pm

"If this is about seeing him shirtless or annoying him, then no," Asher told James.

James hesitated. "Umm."

"Okay, Esk, I'll check you then," Asher said calmly.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:18 pm

Esk shot James a suspicious look. Man that guy was weird.

"Whatever, just get it over and done with."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Asher would check Esk's stab wound.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:23 pm

Esk just let him do it, because what was the point in complaining at this juncture?

It was healing, but it had been an extremely deep wound originally. Quite likely fatal had he not had some poor slave woman to suck the life out of. While the puncture wounds had scabbed over, it must have been pretty painful. But Esk wasn't one to complain about things like that, he just got on with it. As he'd said, he was pretty damn used to pain. this? it was nothing on the damage done to his arms by the last set of slavers.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:27 pm

"Well it seems all right, but it looks like it must hurt a lot. We could get you some painkillers," Asher offered.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:29 pm

Esk shook his head. "I'm fine."

[Take the damn painkillers.] Kay wrote, giving him a stern look.

Esk smirked at Kay. "Well you've perked up. Is that all it takes? Giving you an opertunity to be bitchy to a patient? I'll keep that in mind for next time. Stop Kay moping, hurt self, endure his bitching. "

[You failed to mention he used his claws.] Kay looked accusing.

"You didn't ask for specifics. Stabbed is stabbed." Esk shrugged.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:33 pm

James smugly pranced off to get some painkillers, and returned with them and a glass of water. "Here you go, take them, and make your brother happy."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:37 pm

"I hate my brother being happy." Esk told James flatly, taking the water and pills anyway. "He's got a really insufferable smile."

Kay rolled his eyes.

"But, it'll stop him shoving that tablet in my face and making me read it. " Esk downed the pills. "You don't have to look so pleased about this James. "

Esk, genuinely, are you alright? Kay asked

Esk nodded. "It's been a long day but, i've had worse."

Kay lowered his head at that, it was depressingly true.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:40 pm

"True," James said. "You gotta cut me some slack, man. I was trapped in a dark room with some guys named Will and Steven for hours, and they were sooo annoying."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:51 pm

"That sounds... frustrating." Esk shook his head. He looked to Kay, reminded of something. "How's your hand?"

Kay frowned, glaring at him. [Why do you care? You're the one who gave him the idea in the first damn place.]

"Yeah, I know. I was.. curious I guess and I didn't really think the dragon woman would do it. " He shrugged.

Kay shook his head.

"You made me show you my wounds." Esk reasoned.

Kay exhaled deeply, clearly annoyed and unbandaged his hand to show the frankly horrific burns.

"Okay, lesson learned, never ever go anywhere near you with silver." Esk nodded.

[I would appreciate that.] Kay bandaged his hand up again.

Esk shrugged. "I'll try to remember."

[Don't make me test cold iron on you.]

Esk snickered. "You know, I don't think i've ever tried it. I usually wear gloves after all. Let's agree to just not torture one another with various metals okay? Probably better for our long term health"

[agreed.]

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:28 pm

"Will was sooo whiny. He wouldn't shut up, just because I threatened his life a bit," James ranted. "Steven was better, at least, but they were both so much trouble." When Kay showed Esk his hand, his eyes widened with shock. "Wow. That looks nasty."

"That's why we're going to supply him with plenty of painkillers," Asher said gravely.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:53 am

"You threatened their lives?" Esk sounded faintly impressed.

Kay frowned.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:19 am

Mirror Third was chatting quietly with Quinn, his voice very low and trying to stay out of the way.

"... Yes, fighting it this long hurts a bit, but I can handle it... I already have someone in mind for you to reach once your takeover is a success... A freedom fighter, he is. Well known, knows everyone..."

Shock looked over to Merith, a genuine look of concern on his face. When his friend had returned, there was something off about him. Merith seemed almost... uncomfortable, as if something greatly bothered him. Shock tried to come over but lost courage when Merith gave the classic look of Not right now, please. He sighed a bit and shook his head.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:34 am

"Well they wanted to call security the moment I left them alone, so I couldn't leave them alone," James said. "I didn't hurt them."

"Wow," said Asher.

James smiled, "Mourn gave me the chance to escape. I would've felt awful if I wasted that."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next