Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirteen

4 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirteen - Page 24 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirteen

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Probably," Asher said. "That's the consolation prize."

Last edited by Kooshie on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirteen - Page 24 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirteen

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:22 pm

Seven paused, thinking on this a moment. "I apologize for our supposed incompetence, but one of the guidelines for being a Creator is to not meddle with affairs among the life spanners. The Creator of the Keepers will be punished accordingly, but as the Council we can do no more without using enough power that could pose to be catastrophic. Not to mention we cannot form any emotional bonds with life-spanners. The last thing this universe needs is a blackmailed Creator."

She stiffened, sounding curt, "Under normal circumstances I would be less inclined to leave so hastily without a proper departure, but it appears that we are highly unwelcomed here. Goodbye and good luck, even if you seem to have terrible luck to think we are all so misinformed on the idea that we are gods. Farewell."

She nodded to the other three strangers, who floated the orb-encased boy towards the points that they had appeared from as they began to leave.

Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Asher winced. Damn it, Matt. Damn it. "He's very drunk and opinionated," he said apologetically. "Thank you for rescuing us. We had no idea how to get him off our ship, so your intervention has been extremely welcome, despite any remarks our crew may make."

"Man, these guys get offended easily," Ethan muttered. "You'd think immortals--"

"Ethan, shut up!" James shouted, desperation in his voice. No more divine punishment! Please, no more divine punishment!

Ethan looked at James, shocked.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Seven bowed slightly at Asher, "It is our mistake. And we sincerely apologize for his behavior, though something tells me some things good came out of it, at least." She tilted her head slightly at Ethan and shook her head. "Quite the contrary, I'd be more than welcome to stay to sort out usual compensation methods that are usually given when a Creator has wronged, however when our presence is spited, we see no reason to stay to ensue further discomfort."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:41 pm

Esk snorted. "nevermind that pretty much all this universal shit wouldn't have happened if it weren't for one of your own... " He shook his head and threw his hands up. "you know what? I don't care. I don't want to get involved in this shit."
Gods, they were just a pain. He stared at James, stunned for a moment, then shook his head again. "Yeah... thanks for the help... " He mumbled awkwardly.

Kay managed to stiffly bow his head to the Councillors. He was honestly pretty relieved they were leaving, he hoped they'd never have to see any of them again. He couldn't think of much to say and left it to the diplomatic people, glaring desperately at Esk to just SHUT UP. Compensation? Only compensation they could offer was to deal with the family and save the universe.

Armin glanced back at the others. "Forgive them, as I said, they are tired. It has been a rather difficult time not just in the mirror realm but in general. The Family are causing a great deal of trouble as I am sure you are aware, things for us... life-spanners as you call us, is not so good right now. We are afraid for our futures, and the futures of our families and friends. It is enough to make most anyone forget their manners." He bowed his head graciously. "Thank you for your help." He glanced to the avian creator apologetically. Didn't really seem fair that after losing so much she was going to be punished for the actions of her partner. He bowed his head once more. "We expect nothing of you, but we appreciate your efforts."

Mourn waved to the bubbled creator. "Bye bye!" He grinned maliciously. He didn't care, why should he care?
He blinked at James' sudden outburst, tilting his head. He fell silent.

Luka winced, squeezing her eyes shut tightly. She looked terrified. No way she was even trying to hide it now, she was scared of these people.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:46 pm

"Just being safe from that Creator is enough for us," Asher said softly. "It's a massive relief. I don't think any of us would ask for further compensation than that." They'd better not, anyway.

James held onto Luka, watching the Creators nervously.

Ethan decided to stay quiet. James seemed really scared, and that kind of scared him too.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:52 pm

The girl nodded in silence. She almost seemed sad for a second as she walked off. Within an instant, all four stranger Creators had disappeared, along with Todd. Only the Avian Creator remained, and she was staring at Esk as if he had just given her a sour lemon.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:03 pm

Esk glared back at the avian creator. "What?" He snapped, he shook his head. "Hey, at least you're not in a bubble lady. " He shrugged. "I'm going to bed." Oh he looked forward to a decent night's sleep in an actually comfortable bed in a ship that didn't stink of death and misery. Ahh that'd be nice.

Kay looked tense.

Armin frowned, and sighed as the creators left. Well, he'd tried.
He shook his head. "I dare say he has the right idea, sleep does sound good... "

Luka let go of James, frowning deeply. "Are we... more screwed now?"

Swarm entered the observatory, and let out a loud happy buzzing sound at the sight of the rest of the two crews back.
They rushed at them, flying around them all, well, except Esk who they avoided.

"you return! You are safe!"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:12 pm

"Swarm!" James said, relaxing somewhat at the sight of his frriend(s?). "Oh man, I am so glad to see you again, you have no idea!"

Asher looked at Kay. "One or both of us should check on Heny's condition," he said quietly. "Do you want to go rest and let me handle it, or would you rather come along?"

Now that the petty immortals were gone, Ethan looked around, trying to make sense of this clean, bright Vestia equipped with shining cameras, and whose sides curved sleekly instead of bulging sickly. He had never considered himself to have much artistic sense, but even he thought she was beautiful compared to the ship he had left behind.

Tala snorted happily and pawed the ground. "We have returned!" she declared helpfully.

Bianca poked her head out of Asher's pocket nervously, trying to figure out what room they were in.

Ellie cheered. "That stupid mutant chicken is gone! Fuck Todd! Fuck Todd!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:18 pm

"Mutant... chicken?" Esk shook his head. Ellie was wierd. He decided to just go sleep because damn... too much excitement for one day.
And he was gonna have a hell of a hangover in the morning.

He skulked off.

Now the drama was over Mourn cheered up again and grinned to Ethan. "Welcome to Vestia!" He told him, looking up at Vestia's cameras. "MISSED YOU!" he patted the wall affectionately. "And bugs!" He giggled as the insects swarmed around him. "So much to show you! "

The swarm studied Ethan, a few of their number landing on him.

Kay nodded to Asher [I'll come, I don't think i'll sleep well for a while.] He admitted. Yeah he was still too freaked out to sleep. Work would help!
Besdies, he wanted to be sure everyone was safe.

Luka relaxed a little now they were alone and managed a smile as Swarm appeared. "Is everyone else alright?" She asked.

--there-- --are-- --more-- --of-- --you-- Swarm spelled out, curious about Sawna and Ethan who were strangers.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:25 pm

Prime Inari was silent this entire time, departing without a word to leave the friends to their reunion. As much as she spat her Mirror's existence, she would go to see the woman off before leaving herself. Mirror Inari was walking around with a cup, and the two of the whispered to each other curtly...
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:27 pm

---I missed you too. It's so good to have you back--- Vestia told Mourn, lights turning a warm orange hue.

Ethan looked at Vestia's camera oddly. What the hell was with the light show? He would have swatted the insects that were landing on him, but James and Mourn seemed weirdly excited to see them, so he held still, watching them suspiciously. Hmm, had anyone mentioned bugs before? He queried his database, and after a bit, pulled up a few brief mentions of them. Swarm, huh? SO weird.

"Ethan, this is Swarm! They're my friend from Silver Devil," James said helpfully. "Swarm, this is Ethan! He's Asher's mirror universe double, but he changed his name."

"---Everyone is okay---" Vestia told everyone in Morse and verbally.

Asher smiled softly at Kay and lead him away from the others to find Heny.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:33 pm

Armin watched Inari go and decided as nobody else was going to, he should make sure both of them were aware of how much their help was appreciated.
He followed after her, hesitating as the two of them met up and whispered.

"Forgive ... my intrusion Lady Inari... and... Lady Inari." He bowed his head. "If you are busy I can return later."

--

Mourn nodded. "good."

Swarm recompiled into one big mass of seething insects and bobbed up and down for Ethan, a sort of weird insecty nod.

"Bugs used to work for old crew." Mourn told Ethan helpfully. "They like.. living encyclopedia. Useful."
He bounced on his toes. "You want tour? I show ship! Beautiful ship, so much to see, so much to do. " He paused. "Ship still okay yes?"

The swarm bobbed again. yes.

"good. If hurt beautiful ship... I have to find and hurt." Mourn nodded.

--

Kay followed Asher

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:38 pm

Ethan nodded. "I'd like a tour. This is... really strange." He really wanted to see how Vestia looked as a cruise ship. With all those cells re-purposed, she must seem really different. And he was morbidly curious to see what Kaylr's lab was like here.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:40 pm

Mourn grinned. "Vestia, this... other robot.. " he was bad with names. "He staying with us now." He indicated Ethan follow. "We find you room too, lots of rooms to chose. " Having your own space was important as far as Mourn was concerned, even if you didn't NEED it.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:41 pm

"No, I'm not busy at all." Prime Inari insisted, "We were just discussing on getting my Mirror home before I left as well." Mirror Inari seemed sour at the woman's very presence but nodded kindly at Armin.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:43 pm

Armin bowed his head. "You cannot return the way you came?" he asked mirror Inari.. or.. the one he thought was mirror inari. Honestly these bipeds all kinda looked the same to him, it was pretty confusing.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:46 pm

"Welcome aboard, Ethan," Vestia said warmly. "Who's the other newcomer?"

Ethan nodded at the ship's camera. Man, she was chatty.

"That's Sawna," James said with a smile at the girl. "She's a hemovore. We have spare blood, right?"

"Yes we do," Vestia said dryly.

Ethan would follow Mourn.

James would probably stay behind, wanting to stay with Sawna. He also kind of wanted to talk Swarm's ears off, and hear what had happened! It was good to be home!
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:48 pm

"I can, but the room seems a bit... occupied at the moment. My Mirror was hoping to open a small passage in a more discreet location." Mirror Inari said, who thankfully unlike her Prime did not wear a mask.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:53 pm

Swarm was quite happy to explain what had happened while James and hte others were gone, the grand sum was "not a lot"
They were very very interested to know what HE had seen though.

--

Mourn eagerly led Ethan off into the hall and down to the main floors the crew tended to use.
"What you want see first?"

---

Armin nodded. "A sensible decision. Before you both leave, I wished to thank you... both of you, for your efforts to return us to our correct places." He clasped his hands. "I do not know what we would have done without your help. We are in your debt."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:56 pm

"I have no idea what I want to see," Ethan said, gawking at the luxurious interior of this ship. "What do you even have here? No torture rooms, I'm guessing."

~~
"Okay," said James, "I can share some video footage with you guys. But do you want the good version of the story too?" He looked hopeful.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:00 pm

Swarm bobbed up and down, they loved James' ridiculous stories.

Luka came over again too. "Ooo the good version the good version!" She smiled. Even if she'd lived through it, she wanted to hear the ridiculous over the top version. It was a much better memory.

--

Mourn considered that. "rec rooms, pools, holo suite... medical room... craft room, be careful, full of glitter..." He nodded sagely. "Terrible to get out of fur. " he counted off on his fingers "there gym, shooting range, sparring rooms" He wracked his memory for the map of the ship and listed off a few more interesting locations and facilities too.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:10 pm

Prime Inari shook her head, "I am indebted to Vestia's crew, therefore no thanks nor debts are needed."

"Unlike someone else," Mirror Inari sniffed, "I care little about debts owed to me."

Prime Inari glared at her mirror in silence.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:19 pm

Armin bowed his head again, saying nothing about their apparent dislike for one another. "Even so, if there is ever anything either of you require, though I am but a humble tailor, I am at your disposal. " He managed an awkward full bow. "Would you care for a beverage or anything before you leave? There is little reason you should rush away, I am certain once the others have collected themselves, they will wish to bid you farewell also."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:22 pm

"Glitter." Ethan snickered, remembering how Esk and Asher had told him about what Kay and Asher did on the side to earn a living. Even if it wasn't true, it was hilarious. "What's a holo suite?" he asked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:25 pm

Mourn paused to stare at Ethan incredulously. "you... never seen holosuite!?" He grabbed his hand "oh then we go there, you come, come now. I show!"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:27 pm

Ethan shook his head. "No idea what that is." He followed, half because he was curious, and half because Mourn had phrased it as an order.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:31 pm

Oblivious, Mourn pretty much dragged the poor android to where the holosuite was located. He stopped and pointed at the rather nondescript looking room. "Holographic entertainment suite." He nodded and started playing about with the controls. "Database have lots of scenes, places to see, games to play, adventures to have. " He selected something and pressed a few more buttons. The room around them shimmered and changed, becoming a busy space station.
Mourn cackled in glee.
"see?" He pointed at hte people milling about. "none of them real, can do whatever want. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next