Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirteen

4 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirteen - Page 23 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirteen

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Probably," Asher said. "That's the consolation prize."

Last edited by Kooshie on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirteen - Page 23 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirteen

Post by Quinn The Fox Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:15 pm

Inari bowed her head at him. "Of course. May the arcana leylines favor us."

Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:18 pm

"Good luck." They managed to declare a series of different blessings and wishes for good fortune in multiple languages across multiple cultures.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:06 am

Inari seemed to giggle, putting her hand up to where her mouth would be as if to shy away behind it. "Now, I can either stay here and keep you company as we track our progress, or I can leave one of the Elite here to do the same. Do you have a preference?"
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:16 am

"You would have to ask the crew, this is not our ship... and the only ones left are the captain, the children and their caregiver. They are in the observatory." Swarm told her.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:30 am

"What does the ship herself think?" Inari asked, looking into Vestia's camera.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:34 am

"I think as long as you or your Elite don't have short tempers, I don't mind who stays," Vestia said dryly. "No more temperamental demigods in my deck, but friendly ones are welcome."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:04 pm

"I am worried that the Star Dragon would be less than kind to one of my Elite." Inari murmured in concern. "You... would not mind if I stayed?"
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:07 pm

"The infant dragon?" Swarm asked, confused. "Why would they be unkind? " They were curious now.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:12 pm

"No. The elder one, the female. The last time we had helped her and the crew escape from the family she had attacked one of my elites. I do not blame her, for it is we who had been unkind. Still, I protect my own, and I am worried to leave one of my Elites here, alone." Inari explained, folding her hands into her long sleeves.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:46 pm

"Starr was consumed by the collective rage of her species that day. Normally she's very nice," Vestia pointed out. "But you can stay, of course."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:13 pm

"I thank you, Lady Vestia." Inari bowed slightly.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:56 am

TIMESKIP - TO SYNC WITH THE MIRRORVERSE - APPROXIMATELY ONE WEEK

Had Vestia not been delayed by the sudden loss of most of her passengers, she would have arrived at the Guild of Scribes a day or so ago. However they had all disappeared, so she had idled a couple days at the spot where they had vanished, before realizing that Heny was getting pretty close to her due date, and that it would be a good idea to get to the Guild quickly so she could receive medical attention. With all four medics gone, they couldn't really afford to sit about and wait, could they?

It was pretty lonely, not having the chatter of 30+ people to idly listen in on. She occupied herself by worrying about all her missing passengers, trying to strike up conversations, and getting her bots to play with the kids.

She did her best to pretend Todd's presence wasn't scaring her as much as it was. Ugh, she hated unwelcome passengers.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:10 am

The swarm had scattered and spent their time warily watching everything going on, particularly Todd who they'd taken an immense dislike to.
They missed their crew, they missed their friends, they were worried they'd never make it back. Where were they and what were they going through?
And how vulnerable were the lot of them here on Vestia with so few capable of actual combat or defense.

They were too tired and worried to bother speaking to anyone, all interest in the knowledge to be gained in this place had subsided. All they wanted was both crews back safe and sound.

What if they never came back?

It was too quiet, it was too still. There was a heavy feeling of despair and worry in the air.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:48 am

"Hey Swarm," Vestia said tiredly. She needed to break the oppressive silence, okay? "They're gonna be okay, okay? Inari even located them, right? I'm sure they can make it back."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Some of the insects buzzed faintly, they couldn't be bothered compiling together fully. Those closest and least depressed managed a vague shape that undulated into a sort of shrug. It was difficult to communicate with Vestia at the best of times for them.

She was right of course, they would find a way back. Mourn was brilliant, James and the rest of the Silver Devil were bloody minded and determined and Vestia's crew all seemed mostly competent.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:06 pm

"Todd" watched in amusement as Prime Inari was beginning to open the exit point through the Primordial Bridge. The Keeper had been unable to convince the Creator to leave...

However she wouldn't need to. As the crew stepped off the kid suddenly froze, then looked angered. In a few silent seconds, one might realize he couldn't move. Neither could the Avian Creator, who was also still as a statue with her eyes widened in fear.

"Woah." Merith was suddenly hit with a wave of pure magic energy, and the wall of it was building up fast. He looked at everyone. "You feel that?"

The Keepers and Anamcara nodded, their eyes narrowing.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:12 pm

Matt rolled off the platform with a groan. "I think i'm gonna be sick... " He mumbled.

Esk snorted, he looked to both Inaris and the brat Todd and then like them, paused. He frowned. What the heck?
"What?"

Kay's expression faltered, switching from anger directed at Todd to sudden fear as that crushing presence overcame him.
He took a few staggering steps forward, blinking and holding his head. What... the hell was that?

"What is that?" Matt flailed pathetically, rolling onto his back and staring up at the stars. "I can't.... get up... "

Luka frowned. "That's because you're drunk." She snapped, but the reactions of the magic users were freaking her out. She reached out to grab James. "What's happening?" Her voice was tinged with fear.

Mourn hopped off the platform and tilted his head. "Everyone gone funny... " He nudged matt with his foot.

Armin muttered a prayer and moved away from the portal and the platform, ushering the others with him.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:26 pm

Suddenly, adding to the already 4-winged creatures in the room, came four more. All four of them honed in on Todd and shouted a word in unison. The kid would suddenly find himself squished in bubble after bubble after bubble. He wouldn't be getting out of there for a while. As two of them walked over to ensure he could not break out, two more headed over to the Avian Creator, who was released from the strange grip. She tried to speak but one of the Creators, a female, held up her hand.

She suddenly spoke, "What the Hell happened?!"

The Avian Creator Trembled, unable to speak, "I-I... uh... Well, he-"

"For God's sake, spit it out!" The woman was pulling out hairs at this point. She swept her hand across the room. A hand pointed accusingly at the snared kid. "He pretty much just broke every rule in the Council Guidelines and now we have no idea how many people have been scarred by this. Not to mention possible damage to the SpaceTime Fabric, and the necessity to open the Primordial Bridge and YOU did nothing about it to where half the Council has to step in!"

"That's it, I'm done with this!" Mirror Inari cried, walking off, "If anyone needs me, I'll be adding sake to some tea..."

The stranger woman who was speaking rubbed her temple. "This will mean another banishment and strip of powers and with so many open spots on the Council..."

"Strip of powers-?!" The boy suddenly shouted in indignance, but was quickly interrupted by the woman again.

"Shut the f*** up! You've done plenty already! Be glad it's just that and not your total damnation!"
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:01 pm

"What is going on?" Starr asked, moving to get Shane and Ellie behind her from these creatures. Who knew what they were going to do, though it seemed they were trying to help right now.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:57 pm

James watched all this, eyes wide with shock. Wow, he had NOT seen this coming. "He's getting his powers stripped?" he asked, trying to keep his voice neutral just in case Todd was still able to smite them somehow, but unable to completely conceal the glee in his voice.
He patted Luka's arm reassuringly. Sort of reassuringly. He had a lot of emotions right now.

Asher watched in silence. What was there to say to all this, really?

Bianca buried herself deeper in his pocket.

Tala looked pleased. "The small and insolent one shall receive justice!" she said gladly.

Ellie's bean plant wound protectively around Shane.

Ethan just stared. Welcome to the other universe, then? Wow.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:08 pm

Esk actually looked rather pleased, a strange half smirk playing across his features.
He was amused by supposed gods blaspheming, he was more amused by this asshole Todd getting his comeuppance and particularly pleased to see the useless female creator being scolded for her ineffectual incompetence. He was however apparently still drunk enough to have common sense, and remained silent.

Kay's eyes were wide and he backed away from the scene. Too many massively powerful beings in one place, too many of them angry and annoyed. He gulped and hoped they'd all just go... please just GO.

Matt frowned. "I think... i'm with Inari on this... booze."

Kay for once didn't chide him or make some remark about his already being too drunk, he was too busy watching the creators warily. Much as part of him was celebrating Todd's comeuppance, the rest of him was worrying what the rest of these lunatics were capable of if any of them so much as breathed wrong.

Luka tightened her grip on James, stunned into terrified silence.

Armin bowed his head graciously to the creators. "With all due respect... the female did attempt to stop him." Okay not very effectively, but she hadn't done anything to hurt them and someone had to stand up for her. "Attempting to force the issue may... very well have been even more catastrophic. Please.. please do not harm her." He straightened, fighting back his own fear in the presence of these beings. The weaver would protect him, she would protect him. He knew this in his hearts. Both of them.

Mourn grinned. "Angry god get grounded?" He looked pleased. "Take away! make sure never come back!" He scowled at Todd, making absolutely no effort to disguise his delight at the creator's predicament. Oooh justice did feel good.

Matt rolled onto his hands and knees but stayed down. Just in case. "So uh.. not to be rude guys... but... think you can do this elsewhere?"

Kay managed a terrified glare at Matt this time.

Matt ignored him.

Swarm felt the wave of magic and headed to the source, running into Mirror Inari on the way.
"Inari? What is happening? Great magics, what is going on?Are we in danger?Who has joined us this time? they babbled all together as more of them joined the rest of the swarm from various parts of the ship.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:37 pm

The stranger that spoke finally turned to formally recognize them. She read the face of them, some of them delighted at the fact that 'Todd' would be getting his just reward, the others terrified in some manner. It caused her both to relax her posture a bit and grow a bit apologetic. She glared at the Avian Creator in a We'll speak on this later expression and resumed her softened gaze at the others. She walked towards them a few steps and bowed.

"Greetings, Life-Spanners. I am of the Council of Twelve, a Creator. Since I understand your kin uses names to differ to each other, you may call me by my seat in the Council, Seven."

She addressed all of the questions at once, not really speaking to them personally. "Yes, with what has happened there is a large chance that Nine, the Creator that had attacked you, will lose his abilities due to such irresponsibility and wrongdoing with them. No, the Avian's Creator will not be punished, but there is a chance she may have to step down anyway due to her... Other's, poor choice of use of his powers and his indirect causation of the Family. Our power, you see, is too great for the universe to handle without each of us having a partner. So... yes, Nine will be taken into custody and judged."

Mirror Inari stared at Swarm, before shaking her head incredulously, motioning towards whence she came, and began walking back to the kitchens again.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:50 pm

"Why would she have to step down?" Starr asked with a frown though she relaxed as well. "She has been good to us, though she was unable to help against him. Is losing her people's home not enough punishment?"She had nothing to say against him being punished. He deserved it after all.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:24 pm

James clung to Luka, still looking disbelieving. All these Creators, every one of them powerful enough to wipe this ship from existence, and erase every memory that she had ever lived! That was a pretty terrifying thought. At least they seemed to have bigger plans than toying with mere mortals, thank goodness.

Asher stayed near Kay, who seemed thoroughly spooked by all this, and with very good reason at that. He didn't touch him, but he did stay protectively close.
He nodded respectfully to Seven. "We're incredibly grateful for your intervention," he said. "We were rather at a loss as to how we could convince a Creator to leave us."
To Starr he added quietly, "You recall the Avian Creator's partner, the" he paused to choose his words carefully "being who was so cruel to Merith and Heny. If he's removed from service, the creator of the Avians will have no partner."
He looked at Seven again, "I suppose your Council pairs Creators together to try and rein each other in if one should go astray? In which case, it would be exceedingly dangerous to have a Creator operating alone."
He knew it was dangerous to say so much in the presence of such mighty beings. But he wasn't going to quail before them unless they showed signs of hostility. They might be godlike, but they certainly weren't gods, and he was reluctant to treat them as such.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:48 am

Mourn tilted his head. "What about his partner then?" He pointed to Todd.

"So... why aren't you guys doing anything about the family?" Matt muttered, looking annoyed. All those lives ruined because these assholes had huge egos and way too much power. Some council.

Mourn nudged him in the ribs with his foot again, but he looked amused.

"Cut that out." Matt snapped at Mourn and got to his feet, wobbling a little.

Kay looked to him and shook his head. Don't.

Matt waved a hand. "No, I really wanna know. I mean, they've got this council right? what 12 of you? So you've sat on your hands all this time while her other fucked about making weapons out of people, And WHO THE HELL makes people so powerful and unstable anyway!? You did nothing while whole species were enslaved by the family and their agents, while... while they rose to be such a threat that they blew up fucking planets and only now? only when one of your other Councillors decides to show up and fuck with some people over nothing do you intervene? Where the hell where you for Avia? Where were you when the family started this bullshit quest for godhood? Where where you when she disappeared?" He pointed to the Avian creator. "And why'd you wait till NOW to show up and take him away? He's been sitting here how long now? And who helped us get back? not you guys, of course not you guys. Because you don't seem to do anything useful. Fuck you guys. Just fuck you." He stormed off just as Inari had. Eugh, gods. He hated gods. Arrogant useless assholes.

Kay bit his lip. Damnit Matt.

Armin flinched at Matt's outburst. "Please forgive him... he is extremely drunk..." He spoke cautiously.

Esk snorted "Nah, he just really hates gods." He shrugged. "He makes a sound point though, what ARE you doing about the family? It's kinda.. your mess right?" He fixed Seven with an unflinching stare.

[Please, there are too many here who are... not exactly fond of your council right now. They are hurting, they are angry and they aren't really in the right state of mind to deal with any more of this right now.] He did agree with matt, why had it taken them this long to intervene? But he didn't much want to be vaporized. And what a damn good job that buddy system seemed to be doing for these guys. He couldn't hide the bitter frown that crossed his face.

Armin stepped forward, bowing his head to seven who appeared to be the most chatty one. "The Medic is correct, everyone is tired and frightened. We thank you most gratefully for your help in...evicting this one and do hope he sees the error of his ways in time. Know that, even if they do not all show it, they are grateful. " He bowed his head again. "Thank you Councillors." He looked to each of them in turn, bowing his head politely. "I believe my friends would like to have some time to relax now, and clear their minds. I myself would rather like to get back to my room so that I may breathe easier. I hope, if next we meet, it is under more... peaceful terms. "

---

Swarm was baffled by Inari's reaction and headed cautiously toward the observatory.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:22 pm

Seven paused, thinking on this a moment. "I apologize for our supposed incompetence, but one of the guidelines for being a Creator is to not meddle with affairs among the life spanners. The Creator of the Keepers will be punished accordingly, but as the Council we can do no more without using enough power that could pose to be catastrophic. Not to mention we cannot form any emotional bonds with life-spanners. The last thing this universe needs is a blackmailed Creator."

She stiffened, sounding curt, "Under normal circumstances I would be less inclined to leave so hastily without a proper departure, but it appears that we are highly unwelcomed here. Goodbye and good luck, even if you seem to have terrible luck to think we are all so misinformed on the idea that we are gods. Farewell."

She nodded to the other three strangers, who floated the orb-encased boy towards the points that they had appeared from as they began to leave.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Asher winced. Damn it, Matt. Damn it. "He's very drunk and opinionated," he said apologetically. "Thank you for rescuing us. We had no idea how to get him off our ship, so your intervention has been extremely welcome, despite any remarks our crew may make."

"Man, these guys get offended easily," Ethan muttered. "You'd think immortals--"

"Ethan, shut up!" James shouted, desperation in his voice. No more divine punishment! Please, no more divine punishment!

Ethan looked at James, shocked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next