Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twelve

4 posters

Page 32 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twelve - Page 32 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twelve

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Yep, all alone on a desert planet with a weird bird." Ellie scowled, "False gods. So gross. I hope all immortals die soon." She paused, "Umm, well, I hope the immortals I like stick around for a while longer though."

Last edited by Kooshie on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twelve - Page 32 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twelve

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:36 am

"I have no idea, but I'm not destined to be a mixologist," said Ellie. "This wasn't my best idea." She took a sip and winced.

~~
Asher smiled. "That sounds good to me."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:06 am

"Ahh well, if at first you don't succeed!" Matt handed her a fresh glass and a couple of bottles. "try again!"

--

Kay smiled softly and lead the way. It was nice and quiet down here, away from the areas most people hung out but not too far they couldn't race back in an emergency and as he'd claimed, there was a wonderful view.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:19 am

Ellie would try mixing something else, which tasted okay enough that she was actually able to drink it.

Tala sniffed the air, amused. She looked at Matt, "Does the alcohol not cause difficulties with your digestive system, carnivore friend?"

~~
As Kay had said, the cafe was very nice. It was a bit eerie how no one was there, bit it was peaceful. "You are good at finding good places to visit," Asher said, looking around appreciatively.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:25 am

Matt nodded "Oh it plays absolute havoc on my kidneys but no more than coffee.. or anything else. " He shrugged. "Who wants to live forever though right? I'm a half breed, I shouldn't even exist so ya know.. just gonna take each day as it comes"

---

[Places to hide are always useful, it's become a bit of a habit to just.. find places to lay low... just in case.] He shook his head and led Asher over to a nice sofa. [And i'm definitely avoiding people for a few days unless they need medical care, just in case.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:40 am

Tala nodded. "Your attitude is admirable. To enjoy the companionship of drinking, without fearing tomorrow, shows you have a warrior's spirit."

~~
"Probably sensible." Asher sat down comfortably. "They'll get used to the idea before long, but for the moment it might be wise to stay out of the way." He smiled, "In the mean time, I'm happy to keep you company, and I'm sure there are others who feel the same way."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:49 am

Matt laughed. "Or really bad impulse control." He raised his glass. "But cheers. "

Armin joined them. "To live for the moment is admiral, you never fear for the future. However, you also never plan."

"Eh, I hate planning." Matt told him. "I'm more a leap first, deal with the consequences later kinda guy." He laughed.

"He has a point, in a universe this vast and with a potential intergalactic war on the horizon, thinking about the future seems... a little too depressing." Luka mused.

"Exactly!" Matt declared. "We could all die tomorrow, who the heck knows? But at least we'll be able to look back and say hey, at least I lived for the moment."

--

Kay smiled. [Thank you Asher, I appreciate it. I'm sure Vestia will have bots bring me food so I can avoid the mess hall as well. She's a good ship like that.] He looked up at her camera affectionately. [I hope they come around, though there's likely to be a lot of very annoying repeat questions, indignation and misconceptions. But I think we've all kept secrets from one another far too long. All it seems to do is cause misery. ] He shook his head.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:00 am

Ellie raised her glass of... Something. "To not giving a crap about tomorrow!"

"Until the battle reaches our children, we shall mock its existence with our shunning!" Tala said. It sounded better in her native tongue, she decided.

~~
Asher nodded. "The secrets have been inconvenient at best, and harmful at worst. I think we can all afford to start being honest with the people we trust now, even if it is difficult."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:02 am

Starr smiled as Esk held the bubble in his hand. It was wonderful to see him able to control his gift finally. I will make something so you can practice as you want to, like the bubbles, it won't be strong, but it will be able to regenerate the small amout of magic on it's own. Probably at five minute intervals " she offered gently. "Learning like this could help you if you ever lose or take off that amulet."

~~~~
Shane finished his beer and got a second, just watching and listening to the others.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:16 am

"You... really think I can learn to control it?" His usual flat tone faltered and he looked and sounded a little overwhelmed. The bubble dissipated as he drained it, swearing under his breath.

---

Luka smiled and raised her own bottle. "To the moment."

"that's the spirit!" Matt cheered.

Armin watched them celebrate.. nothing in particular and smiled beneath his mask. It was good to see they weren't about to let fear of the future ruin their fun. It was nice to see people having fun.

---

Kay drew his feet up beneath himself as he settled on the sofa and gazed out at the stars. [Secrecy becomes a habit, and it's a difficult one to break. It's too easy to fear people's reaction. ] He shook his head. [Sometimes I wish I could just not care like Matt does. He has no secrets because he genuinely just doesn't care what people think of him and I find that enviable. The only thing he lies about is his cowardice, which simply doesn't exist. ] He smiled fondly. [I should speak to Stellan, but I really don't know what to say.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:27 am

While everyone was enjoying themselves, Vestia left orbit, and prepared for FTL travel.

~~
Tala decided that Vestia's crew were most excellent friends.

~~
"Not all of us are lucky enough to be fearless," Asher said with a sigh. "All we can do is try to learn to be better." He watched Kay thoughtfully, "It's nearly impossible to know what to say in situations like this. You're just going to have to go talk to him, and hope that you can find the words once you're there."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:30 am

"Yes, you just have to learn how. It is a matter of will and remembering." Starr said and smiled a little. "Basically, training your mind to use the magic instead of being used by it."

~~~
Shane was having fun just watching the others celebrate.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:40 am

Kay nodded and rested his head on Asher's shoulder. [He reduced Matt to tears which is quite a skill. He seems to have a unique talent for getting under people's skin. Our sister, Matt, even me which is precisely why i'm avoiding him. I'm a coward, and i'm nowhere near strong enough to face that onslaught.]

---

Esk looked away. "You make it all sound so fucking easy. " He muttered. The mask went up again as he defended himself. He felt sick to the stomach, it had taken her so little time to just come up with a solution, so few attempts to get him to not drain something immediately. 21 years he'd lived, and for most of that time he'd been feared for what he believed he had no control over. To discover it really WAS controllable, that it WAS fixable, was simultaneously amazing and sickening. Where was this woman 18 years ago?
He shook his head and managed a flat "thank you." to her, rummaging through his pockets to extract a business card which he handed to her with his gloved hand.

"It's not much but I owe you something I guess. My father, he's an asshole but he hates slavery. I mean violently hates it. He's how we got Dawn's uncle back. He might be able to help with your people but... if you do contact him, be prepared for him being an insufferable jackass with no morals. If you sign anything, read the small print carefully. If he can find a way to fuck you, figuratively and literally, he will. But for all i hate him, he's really good at finding people. " He shrugged.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:54 am

"I think you're much stronger than you give yourself credit for," Asher told him. "You're scared of what he'll say to you, and why wouldn't you be? He obviously dislikes you, and he's obviously willing to say some cruel things to get a reaction from you. But you obviously know that hiding from him the whole time he's here won't work. I'd offer to shove you into whatever room he's in so you can talk, but I don't think that's going to be necessary." He put his arm around Kay's shoulders comfortingly. "You can do this. You know you can."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:00 pm

[What he says isn't cruel though, that's what makes it so hard. It's agonizingly true. We weren't kind to him growing up, we were scared of him. We had every reason to be but that didn't make it right. He has absolutely every right to hate me, I deserve it. I screwed things up for everyone. I won't lie and claim our lives before were great because they weren't, but after our mother died... everything just got a lot worse. ] He cuddled into Asher, grateful for the arm around him.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:02 pm

Starr took the card and looked at it then smiled a little. "Finding them isn't going to be that hard, but freeing them could be. Thank you, I will look into this, hopefully without being screwed. " She said and chuckled "in either sense of the word."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:03 pm

Esk smirked slightly. "I hope you rip his throat out if he tries."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:05 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Esk smirked slightly. "I hope you rip his throat out if he tries."
Starr laughed then shrugged a little. "I am not one to just allow myself to be used like that." She said then sighed and turned back to the table to make the training tool for him.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:16 pm

Esk watched her quietly, pulling his glove back on. He just felt better having them on okay?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:21 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Esk watched her quietly, pulling his glove back on. He just felt better having them on okay?
Starr soon handed him the thing, it looked like the bubbles but it wouldn't pop or disappear on him when he used it. "There, use that for practicing and you can learn to control your power."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:24 pm

"yeah because this doens't look weird." He took the bubble thing and examined it.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:28 pm

Starr laughed softly and nodded "if anyone asks, you can say it was a gift from a friend."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:29 pm

Esk's expression faltered. "You don't even know me lady." He told her flatly. "But thanks.. I guess." He tucked the bubble thing away. "I should leave you to your.. freaky blood stuff right?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:39 pm

"I know you are my new friend, even though we have more tolearn about each ." Starr said
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:39 pm

"no offense lady but i'm really not a friends sorta guy." Esk told her.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:43 pm

"My name is Starr, and I don't expect you to be anything but yourself." Starr replied then shrugged. "Maybe it is time to learn to have friends."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:46 pm

Esk shrugged noncommittally. "Esk." He told her.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:55 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:[What he says isn't cruel though, that's what makes it so hard. It's agonizingly true. We weren't kind to him growing up, we were scared of him. We had every reason to be but that didn't make it right. He has absolutely every right to hate me, I deserve it. I screwed things up for everyone. I won't lie and claim our lives before were great because they weren't, but after our mother died... everything just got a lot worse. ] He cuddled into Asher, grateful for the arm around him.
Asher sighed softly. "You guys made some terrible mistakes, and they must weigh on you heavily. Whether his words are cruel or not, they'll be unpleasant to hear. But maybe if you attempt to talk to him, you'll at least start being able to come to terms with your guilt."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Next