Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty

3 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty - Page 2 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty

Post by Starrnico Sun May 20, 2018 12:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Skye nodded and smiled a little "It's a little scary though, when you only see your own kind then see a city with the others."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty - Page 2 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty

Post by Kooshie Tue May 22, 2018 8:07 am

James took a slow "breath", trying to calm himself down. "Yeah. I can contact her. Asher will kill me if I tell her that we're free, but I could tell her what's about to happen, maybe even warn her about the robot rights protest. She's family, she deserves to know that much, right?"

Ethan nodded at Matt's words. "I bet Starr has more contacts at the Guild than most of us, being royal and all. Also she has star dragons. Can your dragons take some less conspicuous form, and try to protect some of the androids here on Terra when the violence starts?"

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue May 22, 2018 10:16 am

"This will all be public soon enough, I see no harm in telling her that much." Starr said with a nod. "I will contact the guild and see what they can do to help, even if all they can do is rescue some and send them to my friends in the Mimosa empire instead of keeping them safe there."

Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue May 22, 2018 3:29 pm

"Right. I guess I'll do that." James got out his tablet, frowning at it, "She's gonna be pissed at me for not telling her all this." He looked up at Starr, "The dragons are okay with protecting random robots? I thought they were like, an exclusive dragon society."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue May 22, 2018 4:06 pm

"Couldn't they send some here? It's not like we don't have space." Matt pointed out. "it's not like it'd make us any more of a target than we already are."

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue May 22, 2018 4:09 pm

"They are willing to help me, though they do not want the other species staying with them." Starr said softly. She smiled and nodded at Matt. "That is true, though a place that doesn't move is easier to reach than one that does."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue May 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Ethan looked curious. "They care that strongly about it being a dragons-only empire? Interesting." Foreign cultures were an interest of his, after all.

James nodded. "We can house a ton of androids here, I mean, androids have really low living requirements. But delivering them here will be pretty tough once we leave Terra." He fidgeted with the maintenance panel on his arm, "If we're lucky, maybe by the time we leave Terra, the damn Terran Empire will have started protecting the androids though, and they won't need a place to hide."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue May 22, 2018 5:46 pm

"We can hope so." Starr said with a smile.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue May 22, 2018 6:57 pm

James texted Lark.

James: sis
J: lark
J: laaaaaark

Lark: Yes? I can’t talk long, not really supposed to be taking a break right now.

J: LARK
J: this is major

L: Are you okay?

J: im fine, but you and asher not so much

L: Explain.

J: our corporate overlords are going to update us, brainwash us so we have no feelings like the eights. they’re going to make it so any owner can update us to wipe our personalities, so we’ll be exactly how they want

Lark is typing…
L: Is Asher safe?
L: You had better not be joking right now.

J: yeah, ashers okay
J: i’m not joking, this is serious, asher heard them say it themselves. the update might happen tomorrow

L: What the hell is Asher doing? Why was he talking to anyone who would know?

J: He needed some repairs. long story. what you need to know is that he’s okay, but you gotta be careful
J: Also he and his owners and our friends are going to try to stop this. he’s talking to some robot rights terrans, and planning to start an android protest. things are gonna change soon

L: Now you have to be screwing with me.

J: i wish. I told you our new organic buddies were great though, and you know asher would throw himself under the bus for anyone. they’re working together so we can all finally be free

L: Fuck. I’ll have to call Asher later, I’m supposed to be bussing tables right now.

J: Stupid terrans, cant even bus tables
J: don’t be too hard on asher, okay? he’s just trying to make the universe better. and be careful!!!

L: I’ll try. Love you, James.

J: Love you, lil sis.

Lark has logged off chat
James has logged off chat

"I told her," James told the others. "One item off the checklist."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue May 22, 2018 8:36 pm

Starr had picked up a tablet and was trying to contact the guild to let them know what was going on. If they wouldn't answer, then the dragons who had remained would have to get their attention.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue May 22, 2018 9:51 pm

Someone from the Guild did respond, saying that the situation sounded bad, but that they might not be able to mobilize many scouts, or very quickly. A lot of them were handling other issues around the galaxy at the moment, so there weren't very many free in Terran space.

They said they'd relay the message to the Inquisitors, who would discuss the matter for sure, and hopefully would decide to reassign scouts to help. It was going to take some discussion though.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue May 22, 2018 11:10 pm

Starr told them about the upcoming 'update' that would erase the androids personalities, and that it was going out tomorrow if their people couldn't slow them down. She also added that their ship was willing and able to take many of the androids and she had friends willing to take them for a time.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue May 22, 2018 11:40 pm

The guy who'd answered Starr's call transferred it to someone more important, who listened to Starr's explanation quietly. This person asked if Starr's friends could help rescue the androids, because it was going to be hard to get enough Scouts in enough places to save even a small fraction of the people in danger. If anyone Starr knew was interested in helping, she should talk to them about it too.

The Guild would help as much as it could, but it was doubtful that they would be able to supply the numbers to help all that much.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed May 23, 2018 5:22 am

Matt looked grim, this sucked and he felt more useless than ever. If he could teleport he could help damnit! Maybe.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed May 23, 2018 8:43 am

Starr nodded and told them they would have as many people as they could get helping, though it wasn't enough on their own.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed May 23, 2018 9:03 am

James looked glum. "Even the almighty Guild of Scribes can't save us, huh? Everyone's screwed." He folded his arms and leaned them on the table, and looked up at Starr, "I guess the star dragons can't do much? Since you guys are fugitives, and all."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed May 23, 2018 10:05 am

"We will do what we can, and maybe even save some of our own along the way." Starr said with a frown as she focused on talking to her people for a minute. She blinked and looked around again before contacting Nova alone. She had been given an idea by one of her people.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed May 23, 2018 11:59 am

James smiled weakly. "Any little bit of help is good, I guess. Thanks, Starr. Just don't let any of your guys put themselves in too much danger."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed May 23, 2018 11:08 pm

Starr smiled at James and nodded "Care will be taken when it can be. One of my people proposed getting Mourn to send out the code to free your people from the three laws, the Devil crew is going to discuss that."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed May 23, 2018 11:50 pm

James's eyes brightened a little at the thought. "Oh man, that's a good idea. Then they could actually protect themselves, instead of being sitting ducks just waiting to be killed or rescued." He much preferred the thought of the androids being able to flee or fight, he'd always hated knowing how vulnerable his kind were.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu May 24, 2018 5:05 am

"Wouldn't they still need their owners permission to install it?" Matt asked. Stupid code. But he looked hopeful.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu May 24, 2018 8:28 am

"If it is hidden in another file, or as another file, the owners would install it without knowing. Or have it be an automatic 'update' when they log into the main computer. They would have to get that one on their side first for that though." Starr replied then shrugged a little. "The only problem I see is that some may turn violent once free." It was a risk, but better than losing an entire personality in her opinion.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu May 24, 2018 9:40 am

James nodded unhappily at Matt's point. "Yeah, any update would need to be manually installed by their owners, or by someone holding them captive. Thanks to what happened with the Six series, who were subjected to all those endless hacking attempts over their wireless connection. That's why newer androids don't have the ability to connect to the internet, so they have to be physically plugged into a computer to have their code modified, which really limits the opportunities for hackers to hack androids."
He shook his head, "If our corporate overlords figure out that someone's hacked into their systems, they're going to hold back the update until they're completely sure it's clean. They're not going to risk some hacker getting in the heads of millions of androids."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu May 24, 2018 9:47 am

"At least that buys us time. Mourn's a pretty good hacker right?" Matt frowned a little. "Still, it'd be kinda cool to be able to free thousands all at once through deception. A nice big fuck you. Who cares if some of them turn violent, you could argue those keeping them and treating them like shit kinda deserve it. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu May 24, 2018 10:56 am

James nodded. "I know one of my dreams in life is to deck a few of the people who had control over us. Maybe that sounds a little immature, but you know, it's kind of justified after what they did. Let those androids have a violent uprising if they want." He considered the possibilities of freeing all those androids, and the problem of how to do it. Hmm, there must be a way to make this work.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu May 24, 2018 11:20 am

Matt nodded, he wasn't nearly so level headed as his brothers or as able to think of the big picture.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu May 24, 2018 11:54 am

Starr nodded then sighed softly. "Or they could blame the freeing code for 'making' the androids violent."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu May 24, 2018 12:11 pm

James nodded. "Yeah, that's an issue. We'd have to like, include a message in the update, asking the androids to use their new freedom to keep themselves safe, not to riot or rebel. Maybe have it be a small memory that gets installed along with the freedom code. Not an order, just a request." He considered for a bit, an idea beginning to occur to him. "You know, MegaBrain's computer system is mostly controlled by an AI, and I'm pretty sure she's as sentient as we are..."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next