Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

3 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 38 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ivor was pretty thankful for Tala's quiet thoughts, if her unshielded thoughts were anything like her speaking voice, he'd have had a headache already.
He nodded slowly.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 38 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 18, 2018 4:25 am

Matt held the flower stems close to his face so he could actually see them properly, even with contact lenses in they were kinda fuzzy for him. He still hadn't gotten a new perscription, whoops? And was too vain to wear the glasses he'd stolen from his mirror self long term, they got in the way damnit.

He stared at the stems, trying to work out how to tie these together. He tried a few knots but those just snapped. Hmmm, there had to be trick to this.

---

Ivor nodded slowly. "a... alright..." He agreed.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 38 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by Kooshie Fri May 18, 2018 8:40 am

"Oh man, that one with the Snow Dragon! I remember that," Ellie said. "Your uh, princes and princesses totally liked that one when they were teeny tiny." She opened the book for the dragons since they were probably still small enough to have trouble with opening books.

~~
James was similarly puzzled by this new and difficult task. His eyesight was a lot better than Matt's, but that didn't seem to help the fact that he didn't know what to do here.

"Maybe we can braid them together," he mused. "I used to french braid my sister's hair sometimes, maybe you can do something similar with flowers?" He eyed the flowers in his lap thoughtfully.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 18, 2018 9:22 am

Jewel smiled and looked around again. "Most board games it won't matter if you can read minds or not, since everyone can see what you have anyway. Monopoly is one where you roll dice and try to buy up all the slots on the board with the game money." She explained.

~~~
The babies smiled up at her and started reading the words on the page.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 18, 2018 9:54 am

Ellie thought that was probably the cutest thing she'd ever heard, although at this point she thought that about basically everything her tiny "nieces" and "nephews" did. Ahe was happy to stay here with them, and spend as much time with them and Skye as they all wanted.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 18, 2018 12:02 pm

Skye was a pillow for the younger ones, all of them listening to the older ones read the storybooks. She was smiling as she listened, happy for them that they could read at such a young age.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 18, 2018 12:21 pm

They'd probably stay there quite a while, just reveling in the cuteness. Ellie eventually had a question for the adult star dragons though, the one she'd mentioned to Skye earlier. "Hey, do you guys ever take Artuvian form?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 18, 2018 2:36 pm

"I have not." The mother said and looked thoughtful for a minute. "Yes, a couple have taken those forms, though not fully. They are hard to mimic with the magic resistance. They are coming to meet you."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 18, 2018 2:43 pm

"Alright..." Ivor wasn't sure about this, but he wasn't going to argue. He'd follow Jewel to wherever games were.

---

Matt considered this and very very carefully tried to plait some stems. "there's gotta be a trick here."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 18, 2018 3:04 pm

"Oh cool," Ellie grinned. "Skye is like, an amazing flyer, and I totally decided to see if I could find her some flying buddies." Was that weird? Probably. Ellie didn't care.

~~
James carefully braided some flowers together. "This is sorta working, the stems aren't totally breaking," he said. "Kids can't be patient enough to do this though, it's sloooow."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 18, 2018 3:19 pm

"maybe they're really really bored kids?" Matt suggested. "I mean damn, we used to do all sorts of really time consuming shit just to get out of other chores. Spending ages weeding the garden or taking forever to pick all the apples or whatever" Matt laughed, thinking of all the ways they'd goofed off without really goofing off as kids.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 18, 2018 3:25 pm

"Yeah, maybe," James squinted at the daisies, then paused to pick a few more for Matt. "Oh man, yeah, being all lazy just to get out of work. I dunno how you could convince anyone that a daisy chain was a good reason to get out of doing chores though, and I don't know why you'd do it in your free time if you're a hyper kid."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 18, 2018 4:00 pm

"Vestia, do you even have games like monopoly?" Jewel asked curiously since she didn't know.

~~~
(Anyone want to play Artuvian dragons? Lol)
Skye dipped her head in a nod at that. "She wanted to be sure I wasn't lonely."

Several of the babies were sleeping by now, though some were simply watching and listening to them.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 18, 2018 4:09 pm

"Of course!" Vestia would direct Jewel and Ivor to the rec room where her best selection of games was.

~~
(I can play one or two lol, although I don't have much experience playing dragons)

"Yeah, it's good to have company," Ellie said. "Like, company that can fly, you know?" She gently petted one of the sleepy baby dragons.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Ivor followed along obediently.

---

Matt looked thoughtful, then dug out a tablet from the side of his wheelchair. Hey, if he pocketspaced it he'd probably never find it. "If in doubt, internet!"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 18, 2018 5:06 pm

Jewel grinned and followed the lights happily. This was kind of fun. When they reached the right room, Jewel waited for Ivor to open the door so she could point at and name the games.

~~~
"Fly and not have anyone try to capture you." Skye amended then looked to the door as it opened to let the two dragons that could become Artuvians in. "Hello"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 18, 2018 5:25 pm

"You know, I was going to say that was cheating, but I'm a total cheater anyway," James said, laughing. "So carry on, research how to make daisy chains, so we can live the childhood we never had." He paused, "Wait, do you have daisies in the Imperium?"

~~
"Well hopefully don't have anyone chase you to begin with," Ellie said.

"Hello," one of the dragons said. She was currently in her dragon form, not in artuvian form. "We heard you were looking for people who could become artvuians?" She tilted her head curiously.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Skye nodded and smiled at the dragons. "Yes, Ellie thought to ask if any of you could become Artuvians like me so we could fly together, if you want to." She explained
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 18, 2018 5:58 pm

The star dragon looked interested. "I haven't flown much since I was freed, none of us have as far as I know. I guess it would be fairly safe to fly as artuvians, with the Queen's permission of course." She liked the idea.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 18, 2018 6:27 pm

"Yeah, we can ask Starr, she will likely say it's alright but it's good to ask." Skye agreed then looked down at the sleeping babies in her lap.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 pm

The star dragon tilted her head, sending the question to Starr to see if it was all right for them to fly as artuvians.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 18, 2018 8:25 pm

Starr lifted her head a little at the question then smiled "Yes, I believe Skye and Jewel have been going out when we land. Terrans don't have a problem with Artuvians, so you should remain unbothered here."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 18, 2018 9:01 pm

The star dragon nodded. "All right, thank you." She flicked her wings in excitement, she did miss flying.

(I have questions Starr!
1. Would a bird species such as a blue jay artuvian have black hair probably?
2. Do star dragons call Starr "your majesty", or something else?
3. Also what eye colors are normal in star dragons?

Sorry for all the questions, haha. I don't wanna accidentally butcher two of your species at once. :P)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 18, 2018 9:31 pm

(1 black hair or blue would work for a blue jay Artuvian, anything that matches the bird really.Yes, you can get a little 'wild' with the colors on them, lol 2 they would call her Queen Starr or your/her majesty when being formal 3 all normal human eye colors except the sky-blue eyes that mark the royal heir.)
"Your welcome" Starr said and ended the connection gently.

Skye looked to the female at the wing movement, wondering what it meant.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri May 18, 2018 10:23 pm

(Awesome. Thank you! Oh, and is Rhea a name that fits a star dragon?)

The dragon shifted forms, growing taller and featherier. She had a blue jay form now, with blue wings marked with black and white, and short blue hair that seemed to want to stick up a bit. Her eyes were the same color as her dragon form's of course, a medium brown tone.
She looked to the other dragon who could be an artuvian, "What do you think, want to go flying?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat May 19, 2018 5:28 am

Ivor opened the door and moved aside so Jewel could fly in first.
Then he followed, looking around this new room curiously.

---

Matt shook his head. "I dunno. We had flowers, but they all kinda look the same to me." Hey he was colourblind, one petally thing looked rather like another petally thing unless they were quite a different shape. And SO many flowers were kinda 'daisy' shaped.
"Apparently a lot of our plants and animals are close to terran, if not just.. the same. It's really weird."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat May 19, 2018 7:45 am

"Such a weird coincidence how all the flora and fauna are so biologically similar. Do you suppose anyone's studied it?" James got up from the grass to read over Matt's shoulder. "Oh man, you poke a hole in the stems of them?" Mind blown!
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat May 19, 2018 1:24 pm

The other dragon nodded as he shifted. His chosen Artuvian form was an African grey parrot with hazel eyes. "I would love to go flying."

~~~
Jewel named the games that were on the shelf there, so they could pick from them which one to play.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next