Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

4 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 25 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Cause Esk is lazy and he wants someone to wait on Dawn, even though he has a massive crush on her and could wait on her himself," James grumbled. "At least that's what I assume was his motivation," he amended. "Your brother is weird. So Dawn's probably okay and not infected, that's good at least."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 25 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Tala nodded. "That is true, the requirements are different for many species. I doubt it is the source of all the problems here though, it is simple enough to ask your partner if they desire more or less sex. There is no reason for drama to be had." She wiggled her ears, "Relationships need not suck, they can be most excellent if one is not opposed to communication. My mate and I have had many happy years, and few fights, for we were willing to discuss our disputes and compromise." She'd actually had a pretty good marriage, her only regret was being away from her mate so long.

~~
By the time the medics were done checking the dragons who had decided to come see them, nothing terrible had happened. Yay!

Asher remembered Kay's pain from his broken wings, and felt sorry for the dragons who had been hurt, but unless their wings needed resetting, he didn't bother them about it. Old injuries weren't something that usually needed to be brought up.

~~
Ellie took Shane to her room, and got out her phone with a movie to watch. It was some really dumb romcom thing, subtitled in Common, but with dialogue English. Whoo.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight - Page 25 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Eight

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:26 pm

Esk frowned. "but you never even see her." Hard to fight with someone you never saw. He still found same sex relationships particualrly bizarre, somehow more weird than dating aliens. It was just.. wrong in his mind.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:58 pm

By the time they were done, only about 10 had chosen to see the medics in the 'neutral' room, not wanting to go near the med bay. They and the eggs they had were healthy though.

~~~
Shane looked around the room then settled in to sit with her to watch the movie. He liked English movies, they were fun. He didn't even mind it being a romcom, those could be funny at times.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Starrnico wrote:
Lord Heny wrote:
“L-lean, d-dont want to hurt..” he muttered, trying to keep blance his tail waved wildly to keep his shaky center of gravity.
"Alright" Sawna said, moving carefully to his side so he could lean against her. Good thing she was stronger than she looked to be
depending on Swana heigh the young arran would of dwarf her as he lean against her heavily, hoping along on his one leg slowly with a wince. His markings were a murky green as he looked visibly ill.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:29 pm

Lord Heny wrote:
depending on Swana heigh the young arran would of dwarf her as he lean against her heavily, hoping along on his one leg slowly with a wince. His markings were a murky green as he looked visibly ill.
Sawna continued to send healing to him as they walked along to his room. When they reached it, she would help him inside and to his bed.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:37 pm

"We had many years together before I left for the stars," Tala pointed out, "and we have sent some messages more recently. We have not seen each other in some time, but such can be resolved when I return to her." She ate some more of her meal, looking pleased. "She shall be gladdened to hear of the courageous battles I have fought, as I will be when I hear hers."

~~
Asher waited til the last of the dragons had left. "Well, that's a start," he said. "Hopefully they'll reassure the others that the checkups aren't too bad. I'm glad that so far they don't seem to be in too bad shape."

James nodded. "Man, we so need more medics though. I'm totally gonna try to recruit that new android."

~~
Ellie wasn't all that interested in the movie, she couldn't even speak much more than a few words of English. Mostly she just wanted to try and make out with Shane. Oh dear.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:41 pm

Esk shook his head. "weird." He spoke flatly. Yep, Tala was especially weird.

---

Kay scrolled through his notes, nodding slowly to Asher. He looked at James, frowning a little. [Do they want to learn medicine?] Yeah he was possessive of his position here okay? much as more medics made their job easier, it also meant more delegation and more people to mess up HIS medical room.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:49 pm

Tala twitched her ears. "You asked if relationships can work. I answered you, they can. Whether it is weird or not was not your question." She chewed some kale.

~~
"Tori, she's one of the new androids, said she worked in a hospital for a few years. She might know a fair bit already. Besides, she's female and looks harmless. That's something we need more of around here.," James said sagely.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:52 pm

Shane cuddled against Ellie, though he wasn't sure about trying to kiss her or anything. He just didn't know how to start anything like that.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:04 pm

"I dunno, seems like a lot of work for not much gain." Esk shook his head, he clearly just didn't understand at all.

---

Kay brightened slightly. Female medics could do all the gynocologist stuff right? Something he sure as heck didn't wanna do, ever. He nodded slowly. [Talk to her, if she wants to join us I can't see any reason not to take her on. ] He looked to Asher. [We could use more medics who are immune to magic and strong enough to lift patients right?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Ellie totally tried to make out with Shane. She probably wouldn't try anything more than that though, she was getting the feeling that whatever their relationship was, he wasn't up for anything more today.

~~
"Mates are not for everyone," Tala agreed. "Some folk are happier alone, and there is naught wrong with that."

~~
James grinned. "Great, I'll see if she's interested, and what she knows, later. It'll be nice to have a little extra help around here."

Asher nodded. "We can always use an extra pair of hands. Even once I'm useful for carrying people again, we can still benefit from someone who's strong, and hopefully knowledgeable." He and James each had pretty much zero medical experience prior to joining Vestia. Someone with more medical experience, even just a little bit, would be great.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Esk grunted, nodding. He didn't much get a choice in the matter, and he used to think he was okay with that. So why did it make him feel just a teensy bit resentful now?

---

Kay nodded. [Prior experience working in a hospital environment will be useful.] Much as he dearly loved Asher and regarded him as extraordinarily competent, the guy was working on very rough field knowledge more than any actual training.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:33 pm

Tala continued to eat, not entirely sure what to make of Esk's grunting. She liked him, he was a nice young man and a sensible soldier, but she didn't really understand him that well as a person. "You are one of those folk who do not desire a mate?"

~~
"Definitely. James and I are mostly good for first aid, we wouldn't know what to do with long-term medical issues," Asher said. Most of what he knew now was from dealing with emergency situations, and Googling stuff on the fly. He really, really wasn't an expert, nor did he especially want to pursue medicine as his career, although it looked like he might end up doing that anyway out of necessity. Sigh.

"You're good at the sympathy though," James said. "Actually, I'm okay at sympathy too I guess. But yeah, actual medic stuff? Not so much."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Esk glared at her. "I can't touch people." He told her flatly. It was remarkable really how level he could keep his voice if he tried. "Even if I wanted to, i'd just kill them." He finished his food and rose from his seat to put the bowl away.

----

Kay smiled softly [You're a good orderly at least James.] He shook his head and looked to Asher. [And we've already established that I cannot play good cop.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Tala considered that. "That is true," she agreed. It didn't really answer her question, but she suspected that was because Esk didn't want to answer the question. People around here were so funny about relationships, even Esk who pretended he wasn't.

~~
James looked pleased. Why yes, he was a very good orderly, thank you. He shook his head at the comment about good cops. Those two were so silly with their in-jokes.

Asher smiled. "It's nice that we can all make ourselves useful around here." He looked thoughtful, "If we can get enough medics, we could set up a larger med bay on one of the upper decks, make more room for all the people on board." And send away all the newbie medics, maybe, heh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Kooshie wrote:Ellie totally tried to make out with Shane. She probably wouldn't try anything more than that though, she was getting the feeling that whatever their relationship was, he wasn't up for anything more today.
Shane enjoyed kissing her, learning from the experience what she liked and didn't like. He liked holding her close too, cuddling happily with her.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:46 pm

Ellie was definitely getting over her anger now. Yeah, sometimes she disagreed with Shane. Yeah, she was a bit disgruntled about Tala and Shane discussing the possibility of her laying eggs. But still, he was cute, and he was a pretty nice guy, and she had really missed him.

So she mostly ignored the movie, and focused on cuddling her sort-of-boyfriend.

Unless Shane ran off, they'd be busy for a while.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:01 pm

Shane wasn't going to run off anywhere, he didn't want to upset her and he was curious how far she wanted to take things.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:14 am

Esk set his dishes aside and shook his head, secretly rather relieved Tala didn't press the issue like SOME people.
He came back for his sketchbook.

"Enjoy your salad." He mumbled.

---

Kay considered that, the other medical facility was substantially larger than this one and far better equipped. Now they had so many more passengers, it might become essential to move. Or assign the others to 'guest' medic roles while retaining he and Asher as 'crew' medics hah.
[That actually sounds like a good idea. If the dragons decide to stay with us, we'll definitely need more room and more staff.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:53 am

Ellie didn't want to go anywhere. They'd be here until the end of the movie, after which she might take Shane to the city to explore, because hey, Terra! And he was half Terran.

(I'm not sure what time it is at this point. Is the meeting soon do we know?)

~~
Tala showed some bottom teeth at Esk in a smile. "When do I not? Be well, Esk."

~~
"Time to upgrade!" James grinned. "Should be fun. I wonder if any of the star dragons that want to stay with us are medics. We can't ask the ones who want to help with rescue missions to stay here, but maybe some don't want to help with rescue missions."

Asher smiled at the thought. "Yes, we'll have to ask whether any of them have medical training. I'm sure the dragons would like to have a dragon medic on the team."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:57 am

Esk nodded "yeah..." He collected up his stuff and headed for the door. He'd go drop his stuff off in his room before figuring out what to do with himself.
He briefly toyed with the idea of seeing how Dawn was, but quickly dismissed it. He wasn't totally sure he wanted to deal with that right now, it was just too confusing.
So instead he headed to the pools to swim laps until he was too tired to think. It was, he'd found, a very good way to clear your mind.

---

Kay nodded. He wasn't sure the dragons really had any training in anything useful, did slaves usually get taught much? still, maybe a few of them could learn.

---

Matt went to grab something to eat.

----

(I have no idea what time it is lol)
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:15 am

Tala was still happily eating if Matt went to the cafeteria. The minotaur metabolism required a ton of vegetation to function after all, there weren't many calories in lettuce.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:20 am

Matt wheeled in, nodding to Tala. "Hey..." He was in better spirits than he had been, but he still didnt' quite seem his usual cheerful self.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:38 am

Starrnico wrote:
Lord Heny wrote:
Sawna continued to send healing to him as they walked along to his room. When they reached it, she would help him inside and to his bed.
he would burrow into the blankets, while feeling better it would take time for him to recover.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:40 am

Lord Heny wrote:
he would burrow into the blankets, while feeling better it would take time for him to recover.
Sawna would stay for a minute, placing the bag in his fridge for him to get when he felt better. She was worried about leaving him alone though, so she would stay close in case he needed anything more than rest.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:44 am

Kooshie wrote:Ellie didn't want to go anywhere. They'd be here until the end of the movie, after which she might take Shane to the city to explore, because hey, Terra! And he was half Terran.

(I'm not sure what time it is at this point. Is the meeting soon do we know?)
(I don't know either.)
Shane would still worry about being seen on Terra, though he had changed his appearance after leaving the first time. He would stay with Ellie because he wanted to have some fun, though he still wasn't sure about leaving with the transport ship or not. The dragons staying on it were making changes to the interior to make it better, but they didn't need help right now.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:47 am

(let's just pick a time out of thin air! let's say it's... five o clock! WHOO. Also, where'd we leave Luka and Rigel? hahaha)
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next