Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

3 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 38 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Kooshie Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

(Starts on day 15 at the Guild, I believe)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 38 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Starrnico Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:00 pm

"Stay close and follow my lead." Skye said, looking around then asking for a clearing. She would show him how to take off with minimal running then turned to look at him

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 38 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:03 pm

James followed her lead, and pretty soon he was flapping his way into the sky. "Aaaaagh!" He yelled, a bit terrified to see the ground fall away below him.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:47 am

"Remember that it's fake in here" Skye said, staying close to him now that he was up.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:03 pm

"I'm tryinnnnnng!" James yelled, flapping clumsily and trying to not capsize himself. The holodeck was doing a good job keeping him somewhat steady in the air, but still, he wasn't at all good at this just yet. "How did you ever learn this?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:08 pm

"Years of practice" Skye said, looking at him then giving him pointers as they flew side by side.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:12 pm

"How did you start learning? Did you like, flap your wings a lot and fall down?" James asked. He tried to keep his flight path steadyish, but this was tricky.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:15 pm

Kay just looked long suffering. Yeah, he knew Matt well. Telling him NOT to do something generally just made him want to do it more.

[If he breaks it, we can take it out of his pay.] He suggested to Asher.

Matt snickered. "So is that all?"

Kay handed him some pills. [Painkillers. if you need them. Lay back, watch movies, the bots will get you food and drink if you ask. ]

"Cheers little bro!" Matt grinned at Asher too. "Man, once you see how awesome wheelchair racing is, you'll totally wanna join in."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:18 pm

Asher smiled at Kay's suggestion. "All right then, that'll make Vestia feel better, I'm sure." He shook his head at Matt, "How do you know wheelchair racing is so great, anyway? Maybe you'll find out that it's incredibly boring."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Matt waved a hand. "Because racing in shopping carts is fun, why wouldn't wheelchairs?"

[I wouldn't be surprised to learn he's done it before.] Kay looked disdainful.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:59 pm

Asher blinked. "Okay then. But don't expect me to take part in this silliness, and don't expect me to lend you my wheelchair when you and whoever else gets involved crash all the others." He looked amused.

Ellie shook her head. "You're no fun."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:03 pm

Kay looked smug. [I'll also end up being the one who patches you up if you hurt yourself again, and believe me, i've been saving up 'I told You So's] He nodded to Ellie. [Keep him out of trouble as best you can alright?] He moved toward the door.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:07 pm

"You're no fun either," Ellie told Kay. "Don't worry, I'll stay here and take care of Matt. We'll be fine!"

Asher rolled his eyes and followed Kay. "Have fun, but not too much fun, please."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Matt snorted. "We'll have ALL the fun anyone can have lying down."

Kay shook his head and headed out. Dawn next, she was probably okay, but he felt they should check in on her. And he was kinda... delaying having to see Esk.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:48 pm

"Fair enough," Asher said. He followed Kay out.

Ellie sighed and sat back. "Man, those guys are as fun as a lukewarm cup of cocoa and a damp blanket on a cold day."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Kooshie wrote:"How did you start learning? Did you like, flap your wings a lot and fall down?" James asked. He tried to keep his flight path steadyish, but this was tricky.
"Yeah, it is not easy when you start, there's a lot of falling, but then you learn and it just clicks and you can fly." Skye said happily.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:29 pm

"I can't imagine that," James said, yelping as he nearly crashed into a tree when he flew too low. "Androids never have to learn the basics, walking and talking and stuff are just part of our code. But for you, is it just like... instinctive to try?"

~~
Asher and Kay went to check in on Dawn. Asher knocked softly on the door to her room.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:35 pm

"Yes, it is instinctive to try. We long to be in the air." Skye answered.

~~
Dawn didn't answer at first then called out to come in sleepily.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:53 pm

"That's so hard to imagine. Man, sometimes I kinda wish I could be organic for a day, just to see how it is," James said. "All those instincts and stuff, do all the feelings that control you ever make you feel like a puppet?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:05 pm

"Hey, some people like luke warm cocoa, right?" Matt snickered. "Kay's totally a wet blanket though. I dunno man, it's like... he just grew up and all the sense of fun just... went." He looked thoughtful, yeah it was kinda depressing to think about. He shook his head. "Let's watch something mindless." He changed the subject rapidly.

---

Kay looked to Asher to talk, it wasn't like he could really call through doors and psychically projecting into people uninvited and when they were already in a vulnerable condition seemed a bad idea.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:08 pm

"Lukewarm cocoa is gross," Ellie said. She patted Matt's arm. "Okay, more movies." She started looking for one.

~~
"It's me and Kay," Asher called, before opening the door. "We just wanted to check in briefly, then you can rest."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Matt smiled gratefully. "they're good guys. Boring, but good." He leaned his head against Ellie's shoulder. "not everyone can be as awesome as us."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:17 pm

"Yeah, good is okay too. They should be jealous of our greatness though," Ellie said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:06 pm

Skye shrugged a little at the question "I don't know, I've never been without them, and they do keep us alive."

~~
Dawn rubbed her eyes and used an elbow to prop herself up "Come in, door's not locked." She knew not to lock the door with her being so weak.

(sorry about today, internet went wack-o)
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:31 pm

James tried to come in to land, the flying was making it hard to think. "True. I guess it's sort of like the Three Laws, it's impossible to really explain how it feels to someone who doesn't have that context. So weird, man."

~~
Asher came in, holding the door for Kay. "Sorry to bother you. We won't stay long." He smiled softly.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:53 am

Kay smiled softly to Dawn. [How are you feeling?] He asked.

--

Matt nodded. "everyone should totally envy us."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:11 am

Skye would coach him on landing so he wouldn't faceplant then landed beside him "You doing alright?"

~~
Dawn smiled at Asher and Kay "I'm alright, glad to see you." She said to them both then shrugged a little "It's weird being so tired, but I keep coming back to rest when I get tired. Just have to deal with that until I am better."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:45 am

Kay nodded. [Take it easy and rest when you need to. Give it a couple of days and you should find your energy levels back to normal. Try to eat and keep your fluids up as well.] Yeah he knew rather a lot about being absolutely exhausted. It was however a relief to see her coherent.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next