Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

3 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 20 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Kooshie Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

(Starts on day 15 at the Guild, I believe)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 20 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:45 pm

Hewitt set his book down, studying Asher critically. "One of your major systems has failed, ergo, you are broken." He scoffed. "Just because it's fixable doesn't change the facts. What does the Felid have to say?"

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 20 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:53 pm

"The rest of my major systems are working, therefore I'm not broken," Asher argued. He didn't like the word broken being applied to himself, and even though he knew it was silly to argue the point, he still felt compelled to argue it. "The part that's damaged is very specialized, too much so for Mourn or I to build a replacement. We're going to need to contact the manufacturer for a replacement."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Skye giggled at that then shrugged again "I like that, I was only worried about them being found by the message being tracked to them" She explained.

~~
"Oh? So you feel like you have zero energy?" Dawn asked then looked to him again and smiled a little "I know, I know, I should go lie down again."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:02 pm

"So, a trip to mars is in our future is it? Or do those backward savages deliver?" Hewitt asked disdainfully.
he could argue semantics all day with Asher, it'd be fun, but he didn't want to chase the robot off.
He preferred the attention.

---

Esk shrugged again. "Pretty much. Massive blood loss does that apparently. " He looked at her. "Probably, but I get the feeling you're not one to follow even your own medical advice. " He half smirked. "Taking it easy isn't something either of us are good at right?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:07 pm

Dawn laughed softly and shook her head "No, I know it's best, but just laying in bed is not entertaining or distracting. That's kind of one reason I wanted to read to you, to distract us both and so I wouldn't have to stay in my bed."
Yeah, and so she could see him and see if his condition changed any throughout the day.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:11 pm

"Ah. Yeah." James thought about that. "Maybe we should have Mourn do his computer magic to scramble the message info and location. He's a hacker, hackers can do that, right?"

~~
Asher laughed at Hewitt's description of MegaBrainTech... Or was it a description of Terrans? He didn't know, either way, it amused him. "I'm sure they could deliver if we stayed in the Terran Empire long enough," he said. "We'll probably be visiting Mars at some point anyway though, so sometime we'll get the chance to get that part." He looked to Hewitt's books, spotting one that didn't look like the others. "You're into astrology?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Skye giggled again then shrugged "We can ask, the worst he can do is say 'no', right?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Esk watched her suspiciously. "We could watch something I guess?" Oh he believed her about wanting a distraction, he just wasn't convinced that was all it was. She could go find amusement literally anywhere on this ship.
So why him?

---

Hewitt snorted. "Not at all. The Librarian thought it was funny." He smirked. "I'm annotating it for him."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:20 pm

"True, we should totally ask him," James said. "If we bring him a cardboard box and some tinsel, he'll do everything he can to help us."

~~
Asher blinked. So Ethan was buying astrology books for fun now, presumably to annoy the professor? Huh. "Does he know you're annotating it for him?" He asked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Dawn smiled again then covered a yawn "I would like to watch a movie with you, but I'm afraid I should lay down. I should have more energy next time I'm up though. Meantime you can think about which one you want to watch?"

~~~
Skye couldn't help but to laugh at that again, nodding "He does love his boxes and tinsel."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:33 pm

"not yet." Hewitt cackled. Yes, he thought it was funny.

---

Esk nodded. "Go sleep. If you pass out here I can't do much and those idiots will get totally the wrong idea anyway." He rolled his eyes, then looked at her dubiously again. Hmm, energy to read but not watch something mindless? Maybe reading involved being further away? Yeah, that was probably it, wanting to keep her distance.
He hesitated, he was glad she was alright, relieved even, but he didn't really want to admit that to her.
Instead he just sort of half smiled. "Get better, if I have to handle too many more checkups from scared of everything James and my bitch faced older brother I think I might just give up and die right here."

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:41 pm

"Come on," James said with a laugh. "Let's find offerings for our felid friend, so we can get his help."

~~
"Oh. That doesn't sound sensible, but whatever makes you happy, I suppose." Hmm, Asher didn't think Ethan would get too mad at Hewitt. Ethan seemed weirdly fond of the guy. "Do you need help with anything? I don't suppose it's much fun being here without Amity to help you out."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Hewitt chuckled. "I'm far too old to care about sensible." He waved a hand dismissively. "I don't think you're much use in your current state, i'd end up pushing you." He mused. "I don't NEED Amity's help of course, i'm old but i'm not an invalid." he managed to ruffle a little, which was wierd with all those leaves. "but i'm fond of that silly little drone." He laughed. "getting sentimental in my old age."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:04 pm

"I don't need pushing, I can still help people walk," Asher said, although he realized that he was being silly again. "But if you want company or need something from somewhere, or get tired, then someone should help you out. Hopefully Amity will be fixed soon, but until then someone else should help you out when you want help."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:58 pm

Dawn smiled a little then shook her head "I really don't like not having my usual energy. Who would of ever thought simply coming to your room from mine would take so much?" She wanted to go over to him right then, but she knew how dangerous that was. Both his inability to control his power and her not being able to use hers to make her usual 'force field' to stay untouchable were against them being close.
Dawn waved then wrestled with the unfamiliar wheelchair to get it out the door so she could head back to her room for another nap.

~~~
Skye nodded and went with James to fins a box and tinsel for Mourn.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 pm

They'd raid a supply closet to find a big box, and the craft closet to find tinsel. "I'm surprised there's any tinsel left, I would have expected Mourn to have already taken it, if Matt hadn't," James joked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Skye laughed then shrugged "Maybe it got refilled recently enough to not all have gone missing yet."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:07 pm

"Yeah, really recently, I guess," James said, grinning. He draped a strand of tinsel over his arm, handed another to Skye, and picked up the box. "Vestia, where's Mourn?"

Vestia would check to see where the felid was.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:16 am

Esk sort of waved, apparently thinking better of it half way through and going for a sort of raised hand instead.
He sighed, settled back on his pillows, and picked up the tablet again.

As usual, he just felt confused and weird after talking to Dawn. He didn't understand it.

--

Hewitt smirked. "is that an offer hmm?"

---

Mourn was somewhere in town having gone to talk to the Aketi engineers and bully anyone he could into giving him spare parts and access to a metal workshop or something.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:43 am

"I suppose it is. I have other things I need to do too, such as prove to the other medics that I'm fit to work, but I can help you out a bit as well if that's necessary." Asher said. He didn't roll his eyes like Ethan would have, although he did look uncertain at Hewitt's smirk. What was he getting himself into, anyway? He wasn't entirely sure.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:28 am

"Hm, do we search for him, or wait for him to get back?" Skye asked and looked to James.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:54 am

James looked at the box he was carrying thoughtfully, then laughed. "Let's go find him, but leave the gifts here."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Skye chuckled and nodded "We can put them in my room for now,if you want."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Hewitt chuckled. "Well you ARE technically inured I suppose, which would usually mean a forced sabbatical. " He shrugged. "Use the time to do something more productive than sitting around waiting for other people to get hurt."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:50 pm

Asher nodded. "They all want me out of the med bay, they don't seem to realize that not working isn't helping me much, and that my normal hobbies are all difficult or impossible to accomplish without walking. James finally let me back on duty today, thank goodness."

~~
"Sure thing. Lead the way, Skye!" James said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:31 pm

"you just aren't looking for the right sort of hobbies." Hewitt sniffed. "A great many noble pursuits of the mind don't involve moving." Ahh yes, the Aketi weren't exactly a physically active species.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:38 pm

"Maybe not," Asher said diplomatically. "I can't say I've ever been especially interested in the more scholarly types of hobbies, my interests have always been more related to building and fixing machines." He looked at Hewitt with a slight smile, "I guess you may be right, perhaps I should try something different."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next