Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

3 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 30 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Kooshie Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

(Starts on day 15 at the Guild, I believe)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 30 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:28 pm

[Thx] James replied. He added the note to the letter, then handed the tablet to Mourn.

~~
"Oh good, I'm sure the Tiger crew will enjoy hearing from us," Asher said.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 30 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:48 pm

[If they haven't already throttled one another.] Kay shook his head, damnit now they were back to Starr's absence.

---

Mourn took the tablet and started to type, snickering to himself as he did so. With a final keystroke and a loud "DONE!" it was sent. Mourn looked rather pleased with himself.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:51 pm

"Tala and Rigel wouldn't let them throttle each other," Asher said. "Rigel's too sensible, and Tala just wouldn't tolerate squabbles."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:10 pm

Kay smiled softly. [Good point.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:49 pm

"I've been dragged around by a minotaur before," Asher said sagely. "You don't mess with minotaurs just because you're bored, because it's a terrible idea."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:36 pm

Skye grinned, glad the letter was sent now. She reached for the tablet to take it back now that they were done. "Great"

~~
Dawn chuckled and shook her head "It's one of the movies from the 'mystery box' series. Supposed to be good." She shrugged. "This one looks like a train car mystery,, an assassin on the train and they have to figure out who it is before they strike."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:30 pm

Kay nodded. [Hopefully they're all sensible enough to remember that.]
He couldn't say the same of some of the people left behind here.

---

"Well it's a train, so long as it doesn't make any stops it's not like there's a particularly large list of suspects." Esk pointed out.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:24 pm

"How long do you think it'll take to reach them?" James asked Mourn curiously. "Seems like all that sneaky routing will take a while."

~~
Asher thought through the list of people who had gone with the Tiger. "Luka and Ethan are the only two I can imagine losing their tempers, but even they're usually pretty levelheaded." He thought of Luka's many fights with the anamcara, and repeated dryly, "Usually."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Dawn chuckled then shrugged "It's a passenger train, roughly 50 suspects to pick from plus the staff." She chuckled again then shrugged "If you want a different one, just hit next, or hit play"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Mourn shrugged. "Maybe, not sure." He frowned, counting on his fingers. "maybe day.. maybe hours.. no way know.."

--

Kay nodded. [i'm sure they'll be fine.] He hoped anyway. [How are you tax forms?] Yay subject change.

---

Esk shrugged and hit play. "Why do you have so many movies on this thing anyway?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:15 pm

James smiled. "Well they'll get it eventually and that's what matters. Thank you Mourn!"

~~
"Very dry and tedious," Asher said. "Many numbers, lots of things to double check." He nodded.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:57 pm

Dawn shrugged again "Because it's a way to use the time while I can't get in the holodeck to practice. I already know the books by heart, I just need practice and then to take the tests. Some of these could be interesting too. I do need something to do on downtime after all."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:13 am

Kay smiled softly. [Should keep you occupied a while then.]

---

Mourn got up from his chair and stretched, looking pleased with himself.

---

Esk nodded. "How long do you think before you can actually sit those tests?" How did he manage to sound disinterested even when asking genuine questions?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:11 am

Skye grinned then looked to James "Why don't I go get the stuff for Mourn?" She asked and stood up.

~~~
Dawn looked to him then shrugged "I'm not sure..." She said then looked away "I could go anytime to take them but I'm a little scared."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:20 am

Asher laughed. "Yes, a very good way to stay occupied and useful, even when my favorite coworker is stealing my job. Thank goodness for taxes, huh?"

~~
"Good idea. Want help, or can you get it on your own?" James asked Skye.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:41 am

Esk snorted. "That's stupid, you'll do fine." He kept his eyes on the screen.

---

Kay smirked. [I could never steal your job Asher, I can't play good cop remember?]

---

"stuff!" Mourn clapped his hands. "What you get me?" He hadn't been paying much attention earlier.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:45 am

"You'd give the job to someone else, like James," Asher said. "Or maybe you're getting too soft in your old age, I mean, what sort of bad cop lets their coworkers take days off for injuries that aren't life threatening, anyway?" He smiled.

~~
"You'll see in a bit," James told Mourn. "Hopefully you'll like it."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:50 am

Skye giggled and headed out of the room "Yeah, I can get it" She said and left to do just that.

~~~
Dawn dipped her head again then sighed "I know, but it's still hard for me to just take that chance."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:05 am

Kay looked amused. [I'm only mean to patients, not colleagues.] He pointed out.

---

"Why? Worst that can happen is you fail, then you just study more and try again right? " Esk couldn't quite understand that fear of failure. She'd taken on the family, she'd stood up to slavers and all manner of actual legitimate danger but was scared of a test? "It's just a test."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:17 am

"Excuses, excuses," Asher waved a hand dismissively. "You're in denial about how nice you're turning. Or the other option is that you're trying to kick me out of my job, presumably so I have to be an accountant. I'm not sure." He smiled to show he was teasing.

~~
"Thanks, Skye!" James leaned against the wall while he waited for Skye to return.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:52 am

Skye grabbed the tinsel and the box, bringing them all back to Mourn's room so they could give it to him.

~~
Dawn flushed again then shrugged "I know it's irrational, but it is still a fear I have." She said then sighed "I will take it after I'm better. I do want to officially be a doctor."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:07 am

Mourn waited impatiently, tilting his head when Skye came back and cackling happily.

---

Esk nodded. "Be helpful to have an actual doctor around. Rather than a nurse and a couple of glorified first aiders." He shook his head. "You fought immortals and slavers and insane other versions of ourselves and you're scared of a test, that's stupid Dawn." He looked back at the screen. "it's not that guy. They want us to think it's that guy, but I bet it's not that guy." He was referring to the character who kept being shown being suspicious.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:09 am

"We got you the best box and tinsel we could find," James told Mourn. "We hope you like them." He smiled gratefully at Skye.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:21 am

Mourn grinned, snatching the box from Skye. "you go now" He told them.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:18 am

Skye chuckled and waved "Enjoy yourself Mourn" She said, turning to go

~~
Dawn sighed and looked at the screen. She hadn't really been paying enough attention. "Probably that guy that's always in the background there." She said, looking at the current screen.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:21 am

"Have fun!" James told Mourn. He followed Skye out. "I think he likes the present," he said with a laugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:36 am

Mourn waved vuagely, too distracted by tinsel and boxes now.

---

Esk considered that. "Maybe."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next