Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

3 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 36 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Kooshie Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

(Starts on day 15 at the Guild, I believe)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 36 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:26 pm

Kay quietly put things on shelves, neatly ordering the stock as both of them seemed to compulsively do.
This was nice, almost normal, if not for the having to bend to take things off Asher and for once being the only one who could reach the upper shelves. That was weird.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 36 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Starrnico Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:20 pm

Skye returned the hug, smiling when she noticed this time was a meadow with shade trees just over them but open area in front of her. "I am not good at hiding all my emotions, just the being sad in front of others."

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:55 pm

Being confined to a wheelchair made everything a little more inconvenient, and Asher handed over everything that was too high up to reach. He stubbornly shelved everything he could reach though, because fastidiously shelving things was kind of relaxing. Besides, Kay shouldn't have to do all the work himself around here. It wouldn't be right.

~~
"Good. Hiding emotions is so not worth it," James said. He looked up at the sky warily for a moment, then smiled. "This place is much better."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:10 pm

"As long as we do not turn off the gravity it's good." Skye agreed then looked to James again "If you need an umbrella or just want to change it, we can."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:15 pm

Kay got the last few things shelved and climbed down from the little step he used to get to the very highest not used that often shelves.

He picked up his tablet. [so what do we do with the crate?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:17 pm

"Ack! Don't mention gravity to me. I need that stuff when I'm outdoors!" James said. He looked around and smiled a bit, "It's okay, being here at the Guild has made me face my phobia a lot. It's not bad at all any more."

~~
"Give the crate to Mourn?" Asher said, only half joking. "I don't think we need it in here. I suppose we could probably return it if we wanted, but we did pay for it already."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:39 pm

Skye smiled at that and chuckled "Good, it's good to face your fears sometimes."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:51 pm

James laughed and lay down in the grass, looking up at the sky for a few moments before looking at Skye again. "It's not so scary once you convince yourself you won't float away."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:04 pm

Skye chuckled and came over to sit on a log, looking up then around the place "True, I am glad you feel better about it though. I didn't like that you were scared."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:59 pm

James nodded. "Makes life easier, certainly, to not be scared. The first time I stepped out of the cargo ship onto the beach planet... man... it was like the sky was pulling at me from all directions, just trying to float me away. Scott had to grab me by the arm and practically drag me back to his shop because I was so busy freaking out about it. Everything was so huge, it was insane."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:39 am

Kay nodded, lips twitching into a half smirk for a moment at the idea of mourn and a crate. [Vestia, can you get some bots to come deal with this?] He asked. Better to not have it cluttering up the medical room.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:16 am

"On it," Vestia said. "They'll be there to pick it up shortly."

"Thanks, Vestia," Asher said. He looked around for anything more to do, saw nothing that needed doing, and returned to his desk. He smiled a bit at Kay. Didn't look like the guy had taken all his tax forms.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:41 am

Kooshie wrote:James nodded. "Makes life easier, certainly, to not be scared. The first time I stepped out of the cargo ship onto the beach planet... man... it was like the sky was pulling at me from all directions, just trying to float me away. Scott had to grab me by the arm and practically drag me back to his shop because I was so busy freaking out about it. Everything was so huge, it was insane."
Skye looked at him then nodded "That would be overwhelming to see the sky for the first time. You would think the company would at least take you out to see the Mars sky before you get sent to the first person."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:48 am

James shrugged. "Not their problem. Easier to ship you to your first owner in a box, powered off. It was scary seeing all that open space. I'd seen it on TV and out the windows before, but it wasn't the same."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:15 am

Skye nodded then sighed "Easier is not always better, but I'm glad you were able to overcome it."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:36 am

Kay sat back down. He should probably do rounds soon, make sure Matt was settling in okay and that Esk and Dawn were alright. Hmm.
[Would you like to join me for rounds or are you happy to sit here with tax forms?] He asked, smiling a little.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:56 am

James nodded. "Hey, you can't expect the turds at MegaBrainTech to, you know, think about your well-being. That's just not how they work."

~~
"I'll come along. It'd be good to see everyone," Asher said. "Besides, I've got to conserve my tax forms." He nodded sagely.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Kay looked amused, nodding. [Alright.] He picked up a medical scanner and headed for the door.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Asher followed. "I hope Matt and Ellie haven't been getting into too much trouble," he said. He shook his head, "They're both delinquents, I tell you." He let Kay get the door, because doors and wheelchairs didn't mind especially well.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:01 pm

Kay held the door, smirking. [They are.] He wrote as they headed down the hall. [they're terrible influences on each other as well.] Still, for all Ellie was a but nuts, she did seem to mean well. [At least she isn't dangerously violent like most of the women Matt seems to associate with.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Asher smiled gratefully when Kay held the door, then nodded as they headed down the hall. "Maybe he's only picky about romantic partners. Maybe he's not so picky about friends."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:19 pm

Kay shrugged. [Maybe you're right, he's only attracted to terrifying women who want to kill him. ] He rolled his eyes. [At least Ellie's fairly placid and not prone to bouts of violence. Makes a change. ]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:21 pm

Asher smiled softly. "Well everyone has to have a preference, I suppose. Even if it doesn't make a lot of sense to the rest of us." He nodded. "Ellie's surprisingly nice, really. At first I thought she'd be horrible to be around, but she isn't really."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:29 pm

[She has her moments.] Kay frowned a little, then nodded. [But generally she means well. Honestly, I believe she will make sure Matt stays still and doesn't overdo it. Despite her immaturity, she does seem to understand it's actually important. ] Was that a bit harsh? Probably. They reached Matt's room and Kay knocked in a short pattern.

Matt looked to Ellie. "uh oh, medics! HIDE!" He grinned
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:48 pm

Asher nodded. Ellie had her moments, but she wasn't a bad person.

Ellie squeaked and dove into the closet. "Oh no, a medic! You can't hide, so just try to stay still and blend into the scenery!"

Asher blinked and the sounds coming from Matt's room. "Should we come back later?" He called.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:49 pm

Kooshie wrote:James nodded. "Hey, you can't expect the turds at MegaBrainTech to, you know, think about your well-being. That's just not how they work."

~~
"I'll come along. It'd be good to see everyone," Asher said. "Besides, I've got to conserve my tax forms." He nodded sagely.
"It should be, but I know what you mean" Skye said then shrugged.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:53 pm

"Yeah, I agree. They should, they just don't. Never have, never will." James sighed, then sat up. "Yeah. Happy subject. So anyway, wanna explore this place a bit?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next