Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

3 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 12 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Kooshie Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

(Starts on day 15 at the Guild, I believe)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 12 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Starrnico Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:17 pm

Shane nodded and went to pack a light bag for himself before going to Starr's room. Hey, she might want a change of clothes when they found her. He put a set or two in a bag for her then would wait to see this new ship with the others.

Sawna didn't have anything to pack, though she did ask for a bit of keeper blood to be sent to the Tiger for her use. Hey,it was good stuff.

Skye went off to find Orel and check on him after the meeting was over.

Dawn mumbled something in her sleep, but didn't wake when Tala came.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 12 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Kooshie Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Orel was in the city, sitting on a rooftop. He'd had to use the stairs to get up there though, because his wing was bound to his side. He smiled when he saw Skye.

(To the city?)

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:06 pm

(still headachy, but not as bad. Which isn't saying much.)

Luka and Swarm headed to the ship. Luka looking it over critically.

Kay gave Sawna a bag to take, first aid equipment and blood.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:22 pm

(*Hugs*)

Once packed, Tala and Ethan made their way over to the ship too. Tala looked it over proudly. "It shall suit us well," she said proudly.

"We're going to get cabin fever before we've been on this thing two days," Ethan muttered.

Tala wiggled her ears. "Fear not, little one! The experience shall bring us all closer together as a team!"

~~
James and Asher went to see the rescuers off. After some convincing, Ellie went too. She could tell Matt about the ship when she got back, yay.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Sawna smiled at Kay, touching his arm gently then taking the stuff and her umbrella to head for the Tiger.

"A mixed up team from two different ships" Rigel said with a chuckle. This should be interesting

Shane walked with Ellie, he wanted to hug her and say goodbye at the new ship. He had already told Matt bye and to try to get better before they got back
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:55 am

(day three, codeine is amazing though. I get an hour or so of not feeling crap, then have to pop another pill.)

Luka hugged James. "We'll be back before you know it. Don't watch all the terrible movies without me."
She looked back to the ship. "It won't be so bad. " She'd flown much smaller ships. Of course, she'd only had one other person with her most of that time... still.

Matt had waved them off telling Shane to kill lots of Keepers for him.
He made sure Shane had his dagger.

Kay nodded to Sawna and came to see them off too. Matt told him to go, having claimed a tablet of his own to watch stuff on he seemed much happier now he could sit up.

[If they get too much, retreat into a book. ] Kay advised Ethan.

Swarm flew around James affectionately. --we-- --will-- --return-- --with-- --stories-- they promised.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:34 pm

(Damn, that's brutal)

"We bring the strengths of both crews to this mission," Tala said.

Ellie hugged Shane hard. "Stay safe," she said, "We don't want you getting caught too. We NEED you."

James returned Luka's hug with great enthusiasm. "Don't let these old stick-in-the-muds bore you to death," he told her. He grinned at Swarm, "Yes, when you return, I want all the gossip."

"Good idea," Ethan told Kay, that odd almost-smile twitching at the corners of his mouth. Funny, the sense of foreboding he usually felt at Kay's presence seemed a bit more muted than usual today. Maybe beating and stabbing his lookalike to death had been therapeutic.

"Good luck, all of you," Asher told the crew. "We'll look forward to your return!"

"Crew, it is time we should embark on our voyage!" Tala proclaimed.

(To the Celestial Tiger?)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Shane returned the hug tightly "I will do my best " He said gently. He did have a dagger, even though it wasn't his best weapon.

Rigel nodded and smiled at them "Yeah, time to head out. We will be back."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:20 pm

Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Ellie watched the Celestial Tiger leave, looking glum. "I hope they come back safely, with Starr," she said.

Asher smiled softly at her. "They're smart and resourceful, Ellie. If anyone can succeed in this mission, it's them."

Ellie nodded. "I guess."

James patted Ellie's shoulder soothingly. "Don't worry, my baby bro will keep your dragon buddies safe. It'll be fine."

"Yeah." Ellie sighed. "I'd better go see Matt, make sure he doesn't feel lonely."

"And I'd better go back to the med bay," James said. "That battle gave me a while lot of work, I don't think I like it."

Asher shook his head. "James, you get paid now, you should be happy about that."

"Money doesn't make blood less gross," James said. "Man, I hope Dawn gets well soon."

Asher smiled a little. "Fair enough." He looked to Kay, "Hey, when things aren't so busy, can we leave the med bay to James for a bit?" It might be selfish, but he really wanted to talk to Kay about yesterday. It just didn't seem to stop going through his mind.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Kay tilted his head, glanced to James, then nodded.
He smiled weakly to Ellie, he hoped they all came back safe too.
And wherever Starr was, he hoped she was giving them hell.

[Think of it this way James, more money means a step closer to buying your own ship and hiring someone else to deal with the bodily fluids.] He smirked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:15 pm

James considered that. "Yeah, you may be onto something," he told Kay. "I hate blood, but hurt people do pay well. Can't become a captain while sweeping floors." Although he had to admit, he'd make a terrible captain. He'd probably have a mutiny on his hands in no time. Oh well. "Guess I'll keep working, then."

Ellie wandered back to the med bay to see Matt.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Kay nodded and headed back to the medical room.

Matt waved. "So everyone's off on their grand rescue yeah?"

Kay nodded and looked to James. [Are you alright for a while on your own? Well, with Matt and Ellie. We have a little while before any more rounds are due. ]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:55 pm

James and Asher both followed to the med bay.

"Yeah, they're on their way," Ellie said. "The ship looks pretty sturdy, so that's good." She still seemed a bit concerned, but not as worried as before.

James smiled at Kay. "Don't worry, I can handle the med bay for a while. If I need you, I'll scream and Vestia will tell you."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Kay smiled. [Try not to traumatize him too much.] He told Ellie and Matt, nodding to Asher and indicating they should go somewhere else to talk then.

"So you're the boss for now huh?" Matt grinned at James.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:06 pm

"I'm the boss," James told Matt, standing a little straighter and trying to look authoritative. "If you guys behave, you get star stickers. If you don't, I'm not giving you any." He tried to look threatening.

Ellie burst into giggles.

Asher followed Kay out, almost looking amused.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:11 pm

Matt laughed. "Ooo star stickers. Are they sparkly?"

Kay shook his head and walked a little way, waiting till they were away from everyone to ask Asher [Where to?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:17 pm

"Yes," James said, "yes they are. There are even holographic shiny ones. So you'd better be good!" He grinned and went to lounge against the desk.

"I'll be perfect, I neeeed holographic stickers," said Ellie.

~~
Asher thought about that. "Somewhere with a couch," he decided, "I'm tired of sitting in this wheelchair." He took the lead, heading for the teleporter. "And out of the way, so people won't come barging in."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Matt nodded. "definitely." He snickered.

---

Kay nodded and followed.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Asher found a comfortable lounge a couple floors away, where there was a pleasant view of the spaceport and a couple of lava lamps--actual lava lamps--in alcoves on the wall.

Vestia was so bizarre.

Asher wheeled himself up to one of the couches and very carefully transferred himself into it, taking care not to rush and knock the wheelchair over or something. It was frustrating how much more effort than usual this took, but he did his best to not show his frustration.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:36 pm

Kay clasped his tablet and tried to resist the urge to help. He knew he wouldn't want help, he figured Asher was just as stubborn. Still, he looked uncertain, like he couldn't decide if maybe he SHOULD offer to help. Argh.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:46 pm

Asher finally got himself onto the couch, not able to hide his relief that that ordeal was over, for now at least. He smiled lopsidedly at Kay, "Thank you for not trying to help." He'd seen that Kay wanted to, of course Kay wanted to, but he kind of wanted to do as much as he could by himself.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:49 pm

Kay nodded. [I think this is going to take a lot of getting used to for both of us.] He came over and sat down, looking worriedly at Asher.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:56 pm

Asher nodded. "And we're going to have to get used to it. Most android replacement parts are easy enough to obtain, but central signal relay systems don't break often, basically never from natural causes, and they're expensive to replace." He sighed.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:58 pm

[It's not money that's the problem, we're just so far out of terran space now.] Kay shook his head, smiling softly. [We'll figure something out. Mourn's nuts but he knows what he's doing, if anyone can find the right parts its' him.] Yeah he may think Mourn was totally insane, but at least the guy seemed to be spectacularly good with all things mechanical. And getting what he wanted out of people too.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:02 pm

"The price and low demand make dealers less likely to stock the part though," Asher said. "Nobody wants to pay thousands of dollars for a part that maybe one android out of ten thousand will ever need." He forced a smile, "We'll find a replacement somewhere. It may take a while though."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Kay nodded. they might even need to put in a special order to Megabrain themselves, and Kay wasn't overly sure he wanted Asher or his brothers anywhere near Megabrain tech now.
He reached out and patted Asher's hand. [I guess it's my turn to take care of you then. Makes a change.] He smiled softly, trying to lighten the mood.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next