Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

5 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three - Page 30 Empty The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Man that's complicated. " Matt rubbed his head, yeah, that was enough to give anyone a headache. "He's got no moral high ground now though right? Because he's totally got a kid now."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three - Page 30 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri May 12, 2017 2:24 pm

The Guards still seemed suspicious, not taking his word for it as one of them turned to the nurse. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you in any way?"

Misericordia shook her head. "I'm fine. I believe... that Mister Matt here would like some... papers for his friend. You can stand by while it's filled out, if you'd like." She quickly deflected the conversation back to the topic, coughing, "I'm sure we could overlook this man's... transgression."

"Hmm..." The Peacekeeper didn't look quite convinced and looked back to Matt with scrutiny.

Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three - Page 30 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter Three

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Matt looked frustrated and bewildered. Why'd they keep calling him friend and acquaintance and things like that? "He's our brother!" He insisted. "The older brother I mentioned? His name's Web, he'd have come looking for me, what'd you do to him?"

Web groaned.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Moone nodded and steeples her hands, looking at them with a frown before closing her eyes and focusing on the sword she wanted to make. She stayed like that for a minute, drawing her magic to that desire and shaping it. She gasped and opened her hands, laying a small silver sword charm on the table then looking at it with quiet pride in what she had done.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Dawn got up to go to Web so she could look him over.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri May 12, 2017 2:36 pm

"Oh! Sorry... He was... already on the floor before I could take a good look." Misericordia blushed.

The Peacekeeper huffed. "Fine, but any funny business and you'll be spending the festival in a stone room." They relaxed, and had to go over to Web and tap the glowing rune for it to fade and the spell to release. "Stay in here. We will be back shortly."

As they left, the nurse's hands glowed slightly. "I can help with the ache, if you'd like. He should be fine in a few minutes, it's just the Guild's... 'alarm system,' so to speak."

~~~~~~

Third nodded appreciatively. "Very well done! You seem to have precision over your work, if your time duration is a bit slow. Nothing some practice won't fix." He patted his paws against the table in a sort of cheer.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 12, 2017 2:42 pm

Moone smiled at Third and picked the charm up, looking at it. "I was trying to not put any magic in it, just to make it." She said softly. "Think she will like it?"

~~~
Dawn looked to the nurse then to Matt
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri May 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Honestly, Third didn't know if she would like it or not, but he forced to smile anyway, and nodded, "I'm sure she will. You should go give it to her now, I should think."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Web mumbled something incoherent and sat up, rubbing his head.

Matt crouched beside him along with Dawn. "Are you okay?"

<<I've had better welcomes.>> Web mumbled in Satare.

Matt chuckled weakly. <<I'm sorry I didn't reply, I only just got your letter.>>

"Stellan?" Web nodded to the bed.

Matt nodded. "yeah."

<<Is he alright?>>

<<He should be, they said he's not in any danger of dying at least.>>

<<that's not exactly reassuring.>>

Matt stood up and moved to help his brother to his feet before he seemed to remember something and let his hands drop to his side, bowing his head. "So uh... " <<Welcome to the Guild of Scribes.>>

Web looked bewildered and struggled to his feet, brushing himself off and wincing a bit. He seemed to notice Dawn for the first time. "Thalia?" He asked.

Matt shook his head, looking amused. "Dawn." He smiled to Dawn. "That was dramatic right? This is Web." He gestured to his twin.

Web bowed his head graciously to her and to the nurse. "Asalaam 'alaykum" He greeted them politely.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 12, 2017 2:54 pm

Moone nodded, then sighed and stood up to leave. "Thanks Third." She said softly.

~~~
Dawn smiled and dipped her head "Hello Web. It's nice to meet you"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri May 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Misericordia seemed to stand there rather awkwardly before clapping her hands. "I'll be right back!" She swept off.

~~~~~~

"Not at all." Third yawned, "You should go give it to her."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Matt nodded to the nurse. "It's okay, I think he's alright."

Web glanced up <<if she's worried about the headache, tell her i've had substantially worse.>>

Matt smiled sadly and nodded. "He says he's had worse headaches." He looked back to the door. "What are the guards gonna do? They're not gonna arrest him right?" Could they arrest him? Would that be a super bad thing? hmm. "Hey where you going?" He called as she rushed from the room.

Web smiled to Dawn, albeit a bit distractedly. He ducked his head once more, then went to Esk's side to look him over. He kept a safe distance to do this though, looking pained.
<<what happened?>> he asked.

Matt briefly explained what little he knew, casting wary glances back at the door.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri May 12, 2017 3:12 pm

The nurse eventually returned with a tray of water and snacks. Most of it was salted jerky, but there was fresh fruit in case Dawn wasn't up for meat. Cups of water with lemon slices also sat on the tray, she said goodbye to whomever walked down the hall, and reentered the room. Papers were tucked under her arm and she handed them to Web when she set the tray down, as well as a pencil. They seemed to have been kind enough to translate the runes.

"Don't feel too nervous about the Guards. It's been more and more hectic lately, even before you arrived. They're just tying to do their best... such as chasing away ANOTHER SCHOOL MEMBER!" She grew angry and poked her head out, glaring. "THE PAPERS SAY STAY AWAY, SWEETIE. I SUGGEST YOU TAKE THAT SCHOOLING, AND READ!"
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Matt looked at the student, ooo necromancy student? He pulled his very best scary big brother face, baring his teeth.

Web frowned at the yelling, nodded graciously to the nurse and found a chair to sit and examine the paperwork.
<<You should read my letter.>> he told Matt matter of factly as he brushed a strand of hair from his eyes and read the form carefully.

"Okay okay!" Matt shook his head. "So ... no arresting?" He asked the nurse.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri May 12, 2017 3:48 pm

The student looked more annoyed at Esk's nurse than scared of Matt. In face, he gave Matt the coldest stare, one of someone who would easily gut you with no emotion or remorse as the dark-robed student walked away again.

The papers were like the ones the crew got upon arrival. Basic information, magic information, whether or not he wanted access to communicate with the floating dead...
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Web carefully and sedately filled out the form with his full name, his abilities and so on. he wasn't sure quite how much information they wanted so it read:

Can you use magic? If yes, please describe your specialization and level of ability: Fire elemental, Empath/Seer

Are you affected by magic? Probably.

Are you affected by Telepathy or can use Telepathy? Please don't.

Would you be willing to undergo an inducing spell or program allowing you to interact with ghosts? No thank you.

He looked up for who to hand this to.

Matt glared after the student. "Arrogant little death nuts aren't they?" He remarked to the nurse. "How long before we can get him outta here?" He nodded to Esk. It was probably not wise to remain here too long with those necromancers not taking no for an answer. Hmm.

<<Letter.>> Web reminded.

"Alright alright!" Matt rummaged through his pockets and took out the scroll, holding it up. "Letter!"

Web rolled his eyes and handed the papers to the nurse. "Finished yes?" He spoke in very awkward and extremely heavily accented common.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Moone nodded, getting up to go back to Vestia with the charm.

~~
Dawn took a seat and some of the offered snack, looking back to Esk again. "Do we get to make a point if those students don't stay away?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Matt grinned at Dawn. "I dunno how much we could really mess em up but hey, maybe all three of us can look intimidating enough and they'll scurry away to their little necromancer towers or whatever."

Web looked bewildered, he couldn't really follow what they were talking about. "Necromancer?"

<<Death mages, they're fascinated by E.. Stellan, and keep trying to sneak in here. We told them to get lost.>> Matt explained.
"Man you have GOT to learn Galactic Common."

Web looked apologetic.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 12, 2017 4:40 pm

"Not to mess them up, just to let them know we mean it when we say to leave Esk alone, especially while he's unconscious." Dawn said then shrugged. "Even a 'shield' of air to push them back should be enough." she hoped
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri May 12, 2017 4:48 pm

"Just... try not to hurt them too much. They may be necromancers, but they're still people..." Misericordia suddenly sighed, "Yeah, good or bad, they're still people..."

~~~~~~

Third followed Moone lazily.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Matt snickered. "we won't hurt em." He smiled to Dawn. "You got this Dawn."

Web looked at his twin questioningly.

<<friend.>> Matt explained, pointing to Esk.

Web looked quizzical. Stellan had friends? Well that was nice.
<<Letter.>> He reminded Matt.

"Man you are obsessed with this damn letter." Matt complained, sitting down to unroll the scroll of velum and read the beautiful calligraphic runes. "Oh... so... that's why you're here... "

Web watched Matt, arms folded, waiting.

The letter was fairly brief, asking if he was okay, if everyone else was okay, what was going on and for them to be careful. He'd had a premonition, please be careful.

Matt finished reading and looked sheepish. <<Sorry?>>

Web tilted his head, looking irritated.

Matt ducked his head. "Yeah.. my bad." He looked to the others. "Uh.. so... he foresaw bad things happening and because I didn't respond he got worried and the longer he didn't hear from me the more worried he got so... that's why he's here. " Yeah, it was totally his fault. <<Sorry, Hopefully they'll be cool now you filled out the form though right?>>

Web shrugged. He looked to Esk. <<He will walk?>>

"I dunno..." Matt replied. Come on Esk, wake up. Now you had like everyone in the family worried.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Dawn smiled then frowned at what Matt said before shrugging. "Would we have done anything different had we known?" She asked then took to watching the door for these death nurses. If any stuck their head in, she would push them away without trying to harm them.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 12, 2017 5:26 pm

"That's the problem..." Matt shook his head. "Fate's weird, her visions aren't always useful."

Web looked thoughtful.

"And sometimes it's your attempts to stop something that make it happen. Being able to see the future isn't nearly as useful as you'd think. Or so he tells me." Matt smiled to his brother.

Web smiled weakly back.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Dawn nodded and chuckled softly. "Yeah, I can understand how sometimes seeing the future can make bad stuff happen. I'm glad my people don't get visions like that."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri May 12, 2017 5:37 pm

"Yeah, it's ... not fun." Matt looked grim.

Web didn't seem to really understand what they were saying. So he just sat and watched Esk quietly. What a way to meet up with your brother after a decade huh?

"So what happens now?" Matt asked the nurse. "You file the paperwork right? and then he can leave this room?" Man what happened if they had to go to the bathroom? Awkward.

Web himself didn't seem overly concerned about all that, he was content to just wait till someone came and explained what else he had to do to get the go ahead to be here.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri May 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Dawn nodded and focused on the doorway again

~~~
Skye landed at the library and started to look around for Moone and Third...who had already left.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat May 13, 2017 12:43 pm

"I'll file the paperwork and once the Peacekeepers are made aware of it, you should be free to go." The woman nodded kindly, taking the papers and excusing herself from the room again.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun May 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Web bowed his head gracefully to the nurse. <<My thanks.>> He told her as she left.

"We need to get you some like.. magic translator or something." Matt decided.

Esk stirred, opening one eye and looking up at Web who was standing over him.
"I shot you..." He mumbled groggily.

Web looked confused.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next