Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter One

5 posters

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter One - Page 34 Empty Upon Silver Devil: Chapter One

Post by Admin Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

You would notice the smaller ship among the giants, docked to the space port it was in search of new crew members after the last few... left suddenly.

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter One - Page 34 Future-spaceships-bellow-a-earth-736x459

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter One - Page 34 Empty Re: Upon Silver Devil: Chapter One

Post by Admin Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:14 am

He shrugged, "A monster is a monster, no matter how much drugs you were pumped up with before hand."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter One - Page 34 Empty Re: Upon Silver Devil: Chapter One

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:20 am

"Good point," James said. "I don't need to tell you what you already know though. I'm gonna go write to my brother now, try not to scream too loud, or I might come barging in to try and save you, and end up seeing you naked."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:21 am

Acus snorted, "I do sleep in briefs thank you." He walked off, returning to his room and drowned his sorrows in the whiskey.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:38 am

James went to his room to write to Asher.

Dear Asher,

I got bought today. Oh God, did I get bought.

He’s… not intentionally cruel to me, I guess? He hasn’t given me any orders yet, which is good. No "Don't strike up conversations, James", "Don't roll your eyes, James", "Don't sit on tables, James", "Don't sing along with the radio, James", is always a plus. But he thinks it’s perfectly cool to call us scrap metal, and then to ask us to take off our badges to keep him from having bad memories. What about our bad memories, huh? Jerk. I’m keeping the stupid badge just to spite him, and I’m gonna wear it with PRIDE, dammit.

But he is a war criminal who killed some civilians, so there is that. I mean, I know you’ve never dealt with people who killed innocents either, but what do you think you’d do if you ended up living with someone who had taken lives for stupid/no reasons? I freaked out and called him a monster. You probably wouldn’t call your evil owner a monster I guess, but you’d think it, at least. It’s a good thing you’ve never had to deal with this crap.

The other crewmates are nice. There’s this swarm of bugs that write words in the air, and there’s this scary older minotaur who threatened my owner with a beating if he doesn’t free me in nine years. That was kind of sweet, in a terrifying giant cow way. I think I’ll get her some chocolate later, and see how things go. <3

Also I’m the ship’s medic now, just like you! This is gonna be awful, I hate blood and puke and whiny people. At least I’m not stuck doing mechanic stuff though, so not much chance of getting broken again!

Ugh. I’m trying to be positive here, you know? Focusing on the good stuff, being grateful that it isn’t worse. I like meeting people, I like new things. I can tolerate rude war criminal owners, sort of. I should be happy. But the truth is, it’s terrifying. Every time you change owners, you’ve got to figure out what’s expected of you, and how they’ll react when you eventually screw up. You don’t get to see the familiar faces you saw all your life, and because you’re not free to make your own choices, chances are pretty good that you’ll never see them again either.

And you’ve been out here almost seven years now, Asher. How in the world did you learn to cope with this??? It sucks.

Love,
Your little bro
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:00 pm

ONE WEEK LATER

James had finally started to learn to cope with this new group of people. He wasn't especially fond of Acus, but Swarm was nice, and Tala's gruff commentary was amusing. Sometimes he went to visit Scott, just to annoy him.
He ended up doing janitor stuff without being ordered, because all this vacation nonsense was incredibly boring. Then he felt guilty for being useful, so he trolled chatrooms for a while before going back to mopping floors.

~~
Tala spent a lot of time eating peoples' lawns and sunbathing, and laquering her hooves to keep out the moisture. This planet was okay, she supposed.
Right now she was coming back from a shopping trip to stock up on vegetables.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:04 pm

Acus would make sure they were stocked with normally stuff too as he let them know they were going to take off also.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:17 pm

Swarm quite merrily disappeared into the crowds every morning and returned every evening to the ship, if asked they would explain they were exploring and learning, watching the people and the sites and sounds and adding it all to their great big database of information.

When it was time to leave, the Swarm took up their position on board and quietly waited for takeoff.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Tala stuck the vegetables in the freezer and went to make sure all hatches were clear and sealed.

~~
James stowed his mop and emptied the bucket to avoid spills during takeoff.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:21 pm

"Alright heading off." He forewarned before startjng up engines and taking off, "We'll be there in a hour." He said.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:25 pm

James wandered up to the bridge, mindful of the traps Acus had mentioned, and training one hand along the wall to maintain his balance. "Good thing this place is close by."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:26 pm

"Why?" He asked curiously, absently slamming the console so it would stop glitching.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:30 pm

"Because your ship is terrifying," James said, not at all reassured by Acus' violent approach to software debugging. He held onto a support beam for dear life.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:33 pm

"Yesh the ship is stable quit being over dramatic." Acus rolled his eyes, "Gonna have her check by a mechanic when we are there since we are lacking one now

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:37 pm

Swarm was kinda grateful they didn't really have to balance, as they didn't actually stand on the floor and tended to hover or crawl over surfaces. Turbulence didn't impact them as much as it did large lumbering entities like androids and minotaurs.

Idly they wondered how the other half of the crew were doing on their suicide mission.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:38 pm

The First Law reared its ugly head, telling James in no uncertain terms that letting this ship fly unrepaired was not good.
"I'm a mechanic," James said in a small voice.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:39 pm

"Thought you said that you hated that job?" He asked.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:40 pm

"I do, but the First Law is telling me that's not important right now," James muttered.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:42 pm

"Its a hour trip to the station, can you hang on that long?" He asked with a sigh.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:44 pm

James nodded. "Since leaving orbit was the most dangerous part other than re-entry, I'll be okay."
He muttered something obscene about Asimov under his breath.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:47 pm

He chuckled, "alright." He put it on auto pilot.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Now that they weren't rattling about in the atmosphere, James relaxed and looked out the window at the stars. "Man, it's like they're exactly the same wherever you go. Stars, man, how do they do it?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:59 pm

Acus chuckled, "They do, but not in a easily noticable way."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:08 pm

"Well yeah, but look at them! They just sit there and stare at us," James said. He sat down on a part of the dash that wasn't covered in buttons and switches. "Look, I didn't really apologize for the things I said to you last week. My brother pointed out that everyone has a crappy side, and he's right. Maybe you aren't the person you were any more, we do all change over time."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:28 pm

He chuckled, "Yea, I honestly had worse...uhm...question..?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:30 pm

"Mmm-hmm?" James said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:34 pm

"Why are you so willing to offer sexual services? Sorry that been pestering me for a whole week." He said sheepishly.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:42 pm

James snickered. "All week? You need to get out more." In answer to the question, he shrugged slightly. "I like people. It's fun to make them happy."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next