Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Four

5 posters

Page 12 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Four - Page 12 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Four

Post by Admin Thu May 12, 2016 7:53 am

First topic message reminder :

As they made it back to Vestia Heny would of dozed off in her chair, semi curled up. Vestia greeted them but seem slightly annoyed about something.

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Four - Page 12 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Four

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:35 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Kay shook his head My mother was Hexenfolke, they know a lot about herbology but magic is not a natural talent. Whatever magics my father knew, he didn't hang around to teach them. He didn't hang around at all. He shrugged. I don't even really understand the history of this thing. Only that it's supposed to lock me into one form. I can't shift properly while wearing it. The demon told my mother it was a shackle, a sort of... chain to bind shifters. Whatever the reason it was made, it works. Without it I cannot retain any form other than my natural state for more than an hour.
"A shackle?" Starr didn't like the term though she wouldn't say anything more about it right then "Do you know what you have an affinity for, or if you can use magic other than telepathy?"

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Kay shook his head. The telepathy, and the shapechanging... i've just always been able to do it. Since I can remember. It's like learning to walk or something. I don't ever remember learning it, just it happened and I got better at it. Then again, I couldn't really talk so it was the only way I could communicate for a long time. I know nothing about my father, I don't even know what race he was. My mother didn't know a lot herself. If his race has any other inherent abilities, I either don't, or I haven't tapped into them yet.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Starr frowned in thought at that "Yet you cannot control your shapechanging well enough on your own, you need this to hide your form for long times' She said then shook her head "I can test you and see if any other magic responds to you."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:51 pm

Are you certain that's wise? He didn't look convinced. I've always assumed my lack of control comes from being a hybrid, my youngest brother could never control his abilities either. Though at least in my case that wasn't... so awful. He lowered his head. I always considered myself fortune in that respect. I would hate to unlock anything worse, that I couldn't control
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:54 pm

"I can help you learn control" Starr offered as she watched him "Why wouldn't anyone else from your home world help you learn?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Nobody on my homeworld can do what I can do. My father was not native, wherever he came from, he blended in, pretended he was. It wasn't till he got my mother pregnant she found out the truth. Her family drove her out when she refused to abort me, they all thought there was something horribly wrong, that I was deformed or something. He had to confess and then he went away. My mother never... really explained why, I don't think she knew and I think it hurt too much to think about. But there is nobody within the Imperium who would even begin to understand magic enough to help teach me. The Satare and the Hexenfolke are not inherently magical, they don't understand it and like most things they don't understand, they fear it. Half breeds, like myself and my siblings, we're reviled. I'm fortunate in that I can pass as Satare, but look at Matt, he can't. He's never been able to. His father couldn't, and that's why he's dead. Kay shook his head. The Imperium is full of violent xenophobic people scared of alien invasion, paranoid that magic, which they themselves cannot harness, will be used against them. Had this failed he tapped the amulet gently. While I was still working on the frontier, they'd have killed me. Which is pretty much the Imperium answer to every problem. He frowned.

Last edited by flying_purple_monkfish on Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:10 pm

Star frowned as she listened to his speech then shook her head again "I can help to teach you, if any magic responds to you, but I think we need to get your transformations under control first." She said then paused and looked to her worktable "I know what it is to be hunted for something you cannot control, something you were born with. I hide mine everyday, or did before I met the people of this ship. Here I can just be myself for the first time in far too long. My kind are not killed unless we fight too much when they take us to become slaves."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Kay reached out to pat her gently on the shoulder, an act of sympathy and solidarity. If you think it will help, alright.

He didn't press her for any information about her own past or what she really was, it didn't seem appropriate to pry right now.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:13 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Kay reached out to pat her gently on the shoulder, an act of sympathy and solidarity. If you think it will help, alright.
"I have seen your true form, do you want to see mine?" Starr asked, only a bit hesitant
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:14 pm

Kay smiled softly Only if you want to show me. If anyone understood how it felt to not want people knowing what you really looked like, it was Kay.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:17 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Kay smiled softly Only if you want to show me. If anyone understood how it felt to not want people knowing what you really looked like, it was Kay.
Starr smiled then dipped her head a little before shifting to her star dragon form. She was a half a foot taller than Shane, her markings different than his also. Though if Kay didn't know anything about them,he might think it was just the way they were as a species, each with their own markings and pattern.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Yeah would definitely just assume it was an individual thing with the markings. He watched her change and tilted his head. You don't get horribly aggressive and try to go fly into space to attack pirates when drunk do you?
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:20 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Yeah would definitely just assume it was an individual thing with the markings. He watched her change and tilted his head. You don't get horribly aggressive and try to go fly into space to attack pirates when drunk do you?
"We turn aggressive when seriously drunk" Starr answered, tilting her head "Why would you ask that?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:21 pm

Shane. Kay answered, projecting an image of Shane from earlier. We managed to sedate him but if it's a common thing with your species, I think we should ban him from drinking.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:24 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Shane. Kay answered, projecting an image of Shane from earlier. We managed to sedate him but if it's a common thing with your species, I think we should ban him from drinking.
Starr shifted back to her angel form and frowned "No, it's only the hard liquor we must avoid, if he doesn't know his limits on that then it will need to be banned. Beer and other light drinks have no real effect" Starr said then shook her head "What was he thinking?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:29 pm

That's the problem, I don't think he was. But he'll likely regret it when he wakes up. Asher's surprisingly strong. He smiled oddly. But i'll make a note of it, no hard liquor. I should also warn you, my idiot brother and the human girl seem to have passed out in one of the rec rooms. I'd suggest leaving them to sleep it off but you may want to avoid that room while they're in hangover mode. Matt gets pretty uh... freeze anything around that makes a noise prone. And let me tell you, being frozen is not pleasant. It's actually extremely painful. Just give him a wide berth, speak in low tones and ignore his whining, he'll get over it.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:32 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:That's the problem, I don't think he was. But he'll likely regret it when he wakes up. Asher's surprisingly strong. He smiled oddly. But i'll make a note of it, no hard liquor. I should also warn you, my idiot brother and the human girl seem to have passed out in one of the rec rooms. I'd suggest leaving them to sleep it off but you may want to avoid that room while they're in hangover mode. Matt gets pretty uh... freeze anything around that makes a noise prone. And let me tell you, being frozen is not pleasant. It's actually extremely painful. Just give him a wide berth, speak in low tones and ignore his whining, he'll get over it.
"I think I will sneak in while they are still asleep and get Ellie to her room then, she has a tendency to complain when she is hurting." Starr said and smiled "Thank you for the warning though. We can ask Vestia to make sure no one goes in there while he's hungover."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:01 am

Kay shrugged. If you must. Personally I was going to just leave them to it. If they want to drink irresponsibly, it's their problem. He clearly had zero sympathy for self inflicted stuff like this.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:31 am

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Kay shrugged. If you must. Personally I was going to just leave them to it. If they want to drink irresponsibly, it's their problem. He clearly had zero sympathy for self inflicted stuff like this.
"Most of the others could live through being frozen, if it was necessary, but humans are really weak against that sort of thing. I cannot let her be hurt like that" Starr said then smiled and dipped her head before heading out to move them to their rooms. If she could move both of them it would be far safer for everyone on the ship.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:49 am

Kay begrudgingly went to help, just because he felt like he probably SHOULD. Not that he could carry his brother, being about a foot shorter than him. Still, he could nudge him a few times firmly in the ribs with his foot.

How much did they drink anyway? I think we need to put a lock of the bar.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:08 am

Starr shrugged and looked to one of the cameras "How much did they drink tonight Vestia?" She asked curiously as she went to pick up Ellie. She didn't like hearing that they had had a glass each of Heny's ancient whiskey and a beer before that.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:09 am

"Heeey, it's Bad Cop," Ellie mumbled when they came in. She was only vaguely awake, and partially buried under pillows. "Starrrrrr.... save meeeeee...."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:14 am

Starr chuckled and picked up Ellie gently "It's alright, we are going to take you to your room to sleep this off"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:17 am

"Don't let Bad Cop get meeeee...." Her brain caught up slightly and she mumbled, "Shane okay?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:20 am

Kooshie wrote:"Don't let Bad Cop get meeeee...." Her brain caught up slightly and she mumbled, "Shane okay?"
"No one is going to get you" Starr said, not realizing she meant Kay "And Shane is sleeping now, you should be too"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:25 am

Kay glanced over at Ellie, rolled his eyes and went back to gently kicking his brother.

Matt rolled onto his back and snorted. "gerrof.. "

Kay kicked him harder

Matt flailed his arms. "nooo.. . sleep good. " He mumbled.

Kay gave up.

I say we just leave him here, on the hard uncomfortable floor. Put a Do Not Disturb sign on the door... alternately we tie his hands and wake him up with a marching band. Kay smirked awfully. You get her to her room, i'll deal with this idiot.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:28 am

Satisfied that Shane wasn't dead and Kay was busy, Ellie went back to sleep.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next