Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven

3 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven - Page 2 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven

Post by Kooshie Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

"You mentioned the possibility of using a spell to look into someone's mind. Is that part of your plan to try to communicate with Fate?" Vestia asked Jarral. She wanted to learn as much as she could here. After all, it was her job to protect her crew as well as she could.

~~
"You can paint the light switches in your room if you want," Vestia told Vela. "I trust you not to break anything."

Ellie giggled.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven - Page 2 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:09 pm

"Oh yeah, making planets and other things, you'd definitely want to have plans drawn for that," Ellie said, nodding as if this was a well-established fact she knew. "Do you guys have to sketch out the shapes of continents and stuff, or do you just kinda... know what to do instinctively once you've practiced enough?"

~~
Vestia told them where Lana and Matt were.
Asher headed with Web and Starr to go find Lana and Matt, smiling a little. He totally considered Web to be family, even if it wasn't technically official.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven - Page 2 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Seven

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:04 pm

"I was talking about the scientists having to draw their inventions and stuff." Vela said with a giggle. She frowned a little in thought at the question though before shrugging. "I guess it depends on how you are making it."

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:54 pm

"Ohhh," Ellie said, "That's different." She looked curious, "Are you thinking of being a scientist someday?" She added a bracelet to the dragon drawing on the tablet.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:48 pm

Vela shrugged at that question then smiled again. "Maybe, I don't know yet. Maybe I could do thing like this. I have a long time to pick what I want to do, so I'm going to figure out what I like to do."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:08 am

"Yeah, it's good to try things out," Ellie agreed. "You could totally come help me in Hydroponics any time, if you want to try that out too. No pressure, I promise not to try to talk you into being a farmer if it's not your thing." She grinned.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:20 am

Vela smiled back at Ellie then shrugged a little "I don't know much about plants, but I would like to learn with you."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:08 am

"I can totally teach you sometime," Ellie said. "Maybe we can have a Horticulture elective for the kids too, you know, cause we're probably going to need to set up a school for them at some point." She liked that idea, teaching Horticulture sounded like fun to her.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:03 pm

Vela grinned at that and nodded "It'll be a great class, especially with you being the teacher." She said happily
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:16 am

"Aww, you're too nice to me," Ellie told Vela, although she looked delighted by the compliment. "Man, just think of all the subjects can learn on a ship like this though. So many people here are good at things. Like, oh man, you could take music lessons with Matt!" Would Matt be into this idea? Ellie thought he probably would. Maybe it'd help him with his grief if he had a job like that, too.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:30 am

Vela nodded and smiled again "We could even learn from Vestia herself here."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:34 am

"Yeah, I bet she knows a ton of interesting stuff about space," Ellie said. "And then there's the dragons, I bet one of them could teach magic, or like, foreign languages or something. And like, Tala could be a gym teacher or something." She giggled at the thought of Tala as a gym teacher. "She'd probably yell a lot though."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:55 am

Vela giggled and nodded at that "We certainly can learn a lot." She said, thinking of all the people there were that had something to teach. "Dawn or Kay could teach first aid medical stuff, even just basics."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:44 pm

Web followed along quietly.

Matt and Lana were waiting, Matt still sitting though he'd caught his breath now.
His back sort of ached now, drat.

Lana waved to Asher and Web, they were her uncles after all, least she considered Asher her uncle.

"Hey guys!" Matt tried to get up, winced and decided against it.

"Are you alright?" Web asked worriedly.

"yeah yeah, i'm fine. Just overdid it." Matt waved a hand dismissively.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:22 pm

"That'd be good. You never know when you're going to need to save someone's life," Ellie said. "Dawn's probably the best first aid teacher, she seems really nice, and probably won't yell much. Although I haven't actually talked to her much, maybe she's horrible for all I know."

~~
Asher looked at Matt in concern, the guy looked way more tired than he had earlier, then made an effort to hide his worry and smiled at Matt and Lana. "Hello again. You two have been exploring, I take it?"

~~
(Zara, Amity, and Mourn return from Unity)
Zara smiled and shrugged noncommittally. She really couldn't imagine staying anywhere for long. Although, she mused, this ship would be a very comfortable place to live, even with the attacks she'd been warned about.

As they boarded the ship, Vestia blinked her lights in Morse code. ---Umm Mourn, how many lenses did you order?--- Apparently she had been contacted about the payment information.

Zara looked up at the lights with a frown. Hmm, maybe she should learn Morse at some point.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:51 pm

Starr wanted to help Matt, though she hadn't been much help before. Back injuries were horrible. "I hope you at least had some fun, even if you did over do things."

~~~~
Vela thought about that then nodded "She probably would be." She agreed with another shrug. "What do you think, should I try to make it now?" She asked, looking at the picture again.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:34 am

"Yeah, go for it," Ellie said. "I'm looking forward to seeing this art in its final form." She smiled at Vela.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:17 pm

Vela smiled back and set the tablet down so she could see it without touching it. She took a deep breath and looked at the image, focusing on it. She was so focused that her tongue kind of stuck out to the side. She held her hands up in front of herself and tried calling on her innate magic. She flinched a little and shook her head, looking to Ellie sadly. "The others say not to do this without a teacher here."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:30 pm

Mourn looked up at Vestia, frowned a little and counted on his fingers. "Enough!" he declared at last. "Hopefully." He nodded and grinned at Vestia.

Amity looked up at the camera. "I do appologise for the inconvenience."

---

Lana nodded. "we explored a bit."

"Oh!" Matt brightened. "I met the chief of security!"

Web quirked an eyebrow. "why does that not surprise me?"

Matt laughed "Aww come on man, not like that." Okay exactly like that, but he waved a hand dismissively. "He wants to catch up or... something. " Did you 'catch up' with people you hadn't seen since they were very small children? He hadn't a clue.

"ahh, wants to know precisely how little like him his namesake is?" Web smiled softly.

"Yeah probably" Matt shrugged gently, trying to be careful of his back. "Should be interesting anyway." He turned his attention to Asher. "How are you holding up?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Ellie looked a little disappointed, but nodded in agreement. "I guess if you haven't done it before, it's a good idea to have another dragon around to watch," she said. "Maybe we should get Nova to help or something? If she's free, I mean."

~~
Vestia's lights went an amused lavender. --Oh dear. Well, next time get my okay before spending a lot of my money, all right? My reserves aren't actually infinite, you know--
Although compared to the time Mourn had bought five Androids, this wasn't actually that much money. Yay?
Noticing Zara's uncertain expression, Vestia texted her, [Don't worry, I'm just lecturing Mourn about money. You're not in trouble.]

Zara checked the message and looked relieved.

~~
"I'm well," Asher said, "It's nice to be back on Vestia after all these years, and to see all of you again." His feelings were a lot more complicated than that of course, but it was still true. "This whole reunion seems to have gone well so far, and I'm glad for that."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Vela nodded then brightened "I can ask Nova to come over or another one of the elders." She said then went quiet, talking to the other dragons telepathically.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:59 am

"Anyone who wants to help is fine with me." Ellie sat back and watched Vela talk to the others. It was so interesting how the dragons could just do that, she couldn't imagine what it was like to be so closely connected to so many people.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:25 pm

After a short time, Vela looked back to Ellie again and smiled "An elder is coming, Nova is busy. His name is Asterion, but likes to be called Ace." She informed then shrugged a little.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:32 pm

Ellie grinned. "Yay! I'm glad you found someone to help." She added thoughtfully, "Ace. I can remember that. Might have trouble remembering, um, Asterion was it? Though." Her brain was totally going to accidentally file it as 'Asteroid', she was already sure of it.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:45 pm

Vela giggled at that, calling him asteroid just sounded funny. "Yeah, Ace is easy to remember." She agreed, looking to the door to see a male come in. He seemed fairly young, and in human form, with a tiny dragon riding his shoulder. Apparently he was one of the fathers of the newborns.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:52 am

Ellie looked up at Asterion curiously. She thought Vela had said he was an elder, but he didn't look like an elder to her. Huh. "Hey Ace, nice to meet you!"
She waved to the baby dragon on his shoulder, trying to remember if she'd even been told his or her name before. Nope, she couldn't tell. "Hey kid!" she said cheerfully instead.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:50 pm

"Hello Princess Vela and Ms Ellie, this is my son, Draco." Ace said, giving her and Vela a small bow. He came over to them, kneeling down opposite Vela so he could see her and the plan. "As has been said, you need someone experienced to be here with you while using magic, just in case things go wrong."

He held his hands out, cupping them outside of Vela's when she held hers out once again. "Now, I am here as a buffer and guide, I won't interfere unless I have to." He said before nodding to Vela to try.

Vela closed her eyes again, focusing on the image of the plate and trying to make it. It took a moment before anything happened, but the plate started to form between their hands. About halfway through, the shape started to twist in an odd way and Ace took on a look of concentration as well to help finish the task. Vela slumped, letting the male catch the plate and set it aside. Ace looked to Ellie then moved, picking up Vela and taking her to her bed to tuck her in. "You did well, young Princess. Magic cannot be learned in one day." He said gently
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:55 pm

"Hi Draco!" Ellie said. Then she watched the dragons, fascinated to see what would happen. She knew how challenging and tiring magic could be, doubly so when the magic user was trying something new.
"Are you okay?" she asked Vela as the dragon girl slumped. Ace didn't seem too worried, but well, Ellie would be a bad aunt if she didn't ask. And Vela looked so tired, omg.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next