Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Four

3 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Four - Page 40 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Four

Post by Starrnico Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

"We could stay here and see if Vestia can start getting some movies on file for us." Shane said with a shrug.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Four - Page 40 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Four

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:52 pm

Kay looked unhappy and stressed. [I hate to admit it, but we need to know for sure.] Esk wouldn't let him search his head though, maybe Starr could... was it safe to even do so? eugh.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Four - Page 40 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Four

Post by Kooshie Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:02 pm

"We really do," Vestia said grimly. "It needs to be someone who's good at protecting their mind, since we don't know if demons can move between hosts or not. I'm not sure if Starr's a safe choice because she has a link to her people to protect her, or if she's a dangerous choice because she'd be such a powerful weapon in the wrong hands."
"I hate to put him through this. We should ask his permission first, but honestly, if he refuses, we won't know if it's him or the demon talking." Ugh.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:03 pm

Kay frowned. He didn't like this at all. [Someone who... isnt' me should talk to him] He decided. Esk wouldn't listen to anything Kay had to say, even if it was perfectly reasonable.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:07 pm

"I guess I can ask him," Vestia said reluctantly. "That's probably a little less intimidating than sending in a telepath with the news, at least."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Kay nodded. [Let me scan him first and give him painkillers. ]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:11 pm

"All right," Vestia said. They weren't going to jump straight into torturing Esk after all, not until they'd verified he was still possessed, so hey, he might as well enjoy some temporary pain relief.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:29 pm

Kay nodded gratefully and entered the brig.

Esk glanced over.

Kay held up the painkillers and medical scanner.

"Well at least you're being useful." Esk replied cooly.

Kay warily approached the bars, first handing the painkillers through to Esk who dry swallowed them and then trying to scan him with the scanner.

"let me guess, there's nothing wrong with me?" Esk watched Kay's worried face. "least according to that thing."

Kay nodded slowly. The medical scanner picked up nothing at all wrong, according to it Esk was strikingly healthy.

Esk sighed.

[I'm sorry.] Kay tucked the scanner under his arm to write.

"For once Kay, this isn't your fault. Least I don't think it is. If that changes i'll be sure to let you know though." Esk replied dully as he returned to sit on the uncomfortable hard bed.

Matt frowned. "so what now?"

Kay winced and turned to Matt We need to know for sure.

Matt bowed his head. He didn't like that.

"Do you remember Kay, how our mother would tell you Kaylr, it's rude to speak into people's minds. If you have something to say, you tell everyone." Esk narrowed his eyes.

Kay frowned at him. It wasn't like him to mention their mother. It made him uneasy. Though being Esk, that might have been his intent.

"I'm not letting you into my head Kay, you won't like what you find."

"Esk, please... I know it sucks but... we need to know you're still you." Matt told him.

"Not him." Esk repeated.

Kay nodded, shot Matt a grim look and hurried out.

Esk looked to Matt. "I know it has to be done. I'm not stupid Matt. I'm just not sure it's a good idea...."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:44 pm

"We're not sure it's a good idea either," Vestia said grimly. She hesitated, "I'll contact Starr about it, she can consult with her people about how to do this in the least risky way possible. They have a lot of knowledge, it might help." Maybe.
She was trying not say too much in front of Esk, she wasn't sure how much the demon knew just from Esk's brain, but she did know that it was going to be learning and planning as fast as it could. If it was in there at all.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:10 pm

Esk nodded, his expression blank.

Matt frowned, all this was very unsettling.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Vestia would look for Starr, hopefully Starr or one of her people would have some idea how to make this less dangerous.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:54 pm

Kooshie wrote:"Well that's not an option we're willing to pursue, but we'll definitely be thinking this over carefully," Vestia said. "Thank you for your help. I might have to ask you more questions later, but we'll see."

~~
Vestia would check to see where Kay was, she kind of wanted to fill him in on what she'd just learned.

~~
"Well I mean, I don't want to be unfashionable just because I'm staying safe," Ellie said. "A selection of nice hats is very important." Her culture had a thing about hats.
Shane chuckled and nodded, making some hats out of the foil. "Just have to be careful not to squish them."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Ellie smiled. "Oh don't worry, I'm a pro at making and caring for hats."

~~
"Starr?" Vestia asked. "I think we need your help again."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:01 pm

Starr was still in her room with Luna and Armin, if he hadn't left her. She was worried ad talking to her people about the demons, both on the ship and those who had gone through the ten years they had been gone. Gathering information as well as she could.She didn't like even the thought of any of her people or friends being possessed. Too much could go wrong if her people ever succumbed.
She looked up when Vestia spoke to her. "Yes?"

~~
Shane smiled, he knew she was. He spoke to his aunt and got her help to put a small protection enchantment on the hats as they made them. If they wouldn't work naturally, then he would make them work this way.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:05 pm

Armin wasn't about to leave Starr or Luna while there was a demon about or while Starr was upset. He cuddled Luna while Starr conversed telepathically with her people, trying to distract the heir.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:10 pm

"We think Esk might still be possessed," Vestia said softly. "We need to check his mind to be sure, but we think doing so could possibly be very dangerous. Do you or your people have any ideas how we could do it?"

~~
Ellie busily worked on her hat project, unaware of Shane's magical assistance. As far as she was concerned, the foil itself was a great protection!
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:15 pm

Starr nodded and looked to the camera "We can have some make a shield, I don't know if it would work, but we could try. A shield between then check his mind." It was what had been suggested to her.

~~~
Shane helped her happily as they worked together. He paused for a bit to find the glitter and glue so they could make Ellie's pretty.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:17 pm

Armin looked worried as he listened to this. "Are you certain that is wise Miss Starr? If... if the sheild fails... "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:19 pm

"All right, a shield might be a good idea. We don't know how powerful these demons are exactly. There's a possibility that they can move from one mind to another, so we need to avoid that if we can," Vestia said. "Starr, if one of them did infect one of your people, how bad would it be?"

~~
"I like the way you think," Ellie told Shane with a smile. "Heck yeah! glittery foil hats!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:32 pm

"Devestating. My people could create or destroy planets and fly through space without a ship if necessary." Starr said with a shake of her head. "I will look, if you need me to, and we can have several of my people make and hold a shield. Have Kay or Matt there with tranquilizers if the shield doesn't work."

~~~
"I knew you would like that." Shane said cheerfully. "You like pretty things."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:37 pm

"We need someone to look in Esk's mind. If it's that dangerous though, I'm not sure it should be the queen of the star dragons who looks," Vestia said quietly. Her camera tilted to look to Armin and Luna, then back to Starr. "You're linked to your entire species. Who knows what sort of power the demon would have if she controlled you, maybe she could control them all as well for all we know. Are there any other skilled telepaths among your people?"

~~
"Definitely." Ellie smiled up at Shane, and set a hat on his head. "Like you. You're pretty." She considered him, "I should make one especially for you."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:38 pm

Armin didn't look so certain. "Miss Starr... would it perhaps be wiser to... allow someone else to take this on? If the worst happens, if you are... inacapacitated.." He bowed his head. "your people need you Miss Starr. As does your daughter."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:41 pm

Starr dipped her head then sighed and nodded "I understand your concern. There are some skilled telepaths among my people here."

~~~
"I wonder what a hat made for me will look like." Shane said with a smile.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40