Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

3 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 18 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Asher considered his words for a few seconds, glancing around the room as he thought, then looked to Kay again. "I've been thinking over everything that's happened today, and I feel like it would be wrong for me to leave Terra before the androids have been granted their freedom," he said. "I think it might be in the best interests of the children and the androids if I stay on Terra while Vestia goes on to the Imperium." He wished he could have phrased it better, but he just didn't know how. Ugh.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - Page 18 Empty Re: UPON VESTIA: CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:48 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Kay flinched and shook his head. [Just keep me company. Please?]

-----

Hewitt made a noise of disgust and came over to look at the selection.
"I'm not going anywhere yet," Asher said gently. "Later I have to talk to James, but that's not now." He added, "Do you want a distraction of some sort?" In his experience, Kay seemed to prefer blocking out his stress when he could.

~~
There were a nice selection of popular board games, mostly Terran in origin, but also a handful of games from other empires and cultures.

Ethan looked through them, still amused by Hewitt's disdain. "This one has drawings of candy on it. I'm sure you have just as deep an appreciation for candy as I do," he said, straight-faced. Neither of them could eat the stuff, after all.

Starrnico wrote:Skye was in her usual place, the room at the top of the ship, watching the stars.
James found Skye and went over. "Mind me barging in?" he asked, smiling softly.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:55 pm

Skye looked over then smiled softly "I don't mind. How are you?" She asked curiously.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:55 pm

James smiled at Skye. "I'm okay. Kinda stinks to be leaving my brother out here, even just temporarily. How about you though, glad to get moving again?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:12 am

Hewitt rolled his eyes. "is this glitter!?" He indicated the hand made board, looking even more disgusted.

----

Kay nodded. [That sounds good.]

----

Ivor shook his head. "D.. doesnt' work..." He'd tried blocking his ears, it didn't do much.

Silence watched and waited.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:56 am

"I really want to get to Moone and be with her again." Skye said honestly then dipped her head. "I wish we didn't have to keep leaving people behind."

~~~
Starr chuckled softly and shook her head a little. "Not real ones, just imagine headphones to block sound from just the inside voices." She said, trying to show him to see if he would get it.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:59 am

Ethan snickered. "Looks like it. Wonder who decorated that." He added musingly, "Maybe the strippers did." That was still funny to him, okay?

~~
"Have any ideas, or should I think of some?" Asher asked.

~~
James nodded. "Yeah, it's gonna be good to have Moone back. It must be kinda surreal to think of seeing her again soon," he said, "It's been way too long."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:14 am

Ivor closed his eyes again and focused, it was difficult though, he kept second guessing himself.

---

Kay looked thoughtful. [Let's go for a walk.] That was usually fairly pleasant.

----

Hewitt shook his head "strippers?" He couldn't keep track of these tedious jokes, he was old.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:19 am

Skye nodded and sighed, moving so she could sit. "Yeah, I miss her so much. I've never been away from her for this long before."

~~~
Starr took note of how he did that and if it worked. "You are second guessing yourself. You must gain confidence, though that comes with practice. Hold to that feeling of muffling the others, you are doing well."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:42 pm

Ivor kept trying, whimpering every so slightly.

Silence tilted her head. I am here brother.

Ivor nodded, squeezing his eyes tightly shut and trying to imagine muffling the noise.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:55 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Kay looked thoughtful. [Let's go for a walk.] That was usually fairly pleasant.

----

Hewitt shook his head "strippers?" He couldn't keep track of these tedious jokes, he was old.
Asher smiled a little. "That sounds nice. It's too bad we can't leave the ship, but there are lots of nice places to wander here too."

~~
"When I first met them, Asher and Kay shed glitter sometimes. The story I was told was that they were strippers, although I later learned that was just a story," Ethan said. "Strippers are people who take off their clothes and perform so people will give them money, it's popular with some species," he added, realizing that Hewitt might not be familiar with the term.

Starrnico wrote:Skye nodded and sighed, moving so she could sit. "Yeah, I miss her so much. I've never been away from her for this long before."
James sat next to Skye, looking at her. "Yeah, suddenly not getting to see someone you've known all your life is rough." He knew about that, he'd been through it before as well, after all. "Have you been keeping in touch via Starr at least? It's not the same as talking in person, but any communication is better than nothing."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:38 pm

Kay smiled back. [Maybe someday soon.] That was something to hope for right?

----

Hewitt looked bewildered. "Why on earth would anyone give money to someone simply for being naked?" He shook his head. "Animals, such ridiculous creatures."

---

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:36 pm

Skye nodded then shrugged a little "I have spoken to her, though it is hard, since Starr has to speak for and to Moone for me." Downside to not having magic at all, she couldn't hear Moone's voice even.

~~~
Starr took note of how he did that then backed out "Good, you can relax again. You need to practice that every day until it becomes second nature for you."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:25 am

Ivor cringed and nodded, hugging himself. "all... alright..."

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:21 am

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Kay smiled back. [Maybe someday soon.] That was something to hope for right?

----

Hewitt looked bewildered. "Why on earth would anyone give money to someone simply for being naked?" He shook his head. "Animals, such ridiculous creatures."
"I'm looking forward to that," Asher said. "I suppose we could probably sneak out regardless if we really wanted to, but it's better to not have to hide at all."

~~
"It's a mating thing," Ethan said. "Watching people get undressed is very interesting to some organics apparently. Seems stupid since all they do is watch and pay the dancers money, but apparently they like it." He shrugged. "Funny, I spent most of my life with humanoids and they're still in some ways completely confusing to me."

Starrnico wrote:Skye nodded then shrugged a little "I have spoken to her, though it is hard, since Starr has to speak for and to Moone for me." Downside to not having magic at all, she couldn't hear Moone's voice even.
"Yeah, that's gotta be crappy," James said with sympathy. "Using a person as your two-way radio is kinda, I dunno, really awkward? Just having someone in the middle of your conversation like that." He reached out to pat Skye's shoulder, "Well, soon you won't need Starr's help any more. That'll be nice."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:09 am

Starr gave him a small smile "Practice as often as you can and you will gain confidence as well as stop hearing the thoughts of others so loudly. After you have confidence in muting them like this, then we can work on blocking them when you wish and blocking your own mind from being read too. One step at a time though."

~~~
Skye nodded again and gave him a small smile. "Thanks, I'm glad someone understands how awkward it is. It will be very good to see her and talk to her again."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Hewitt shook his head. "Animals are ridiculous creatures driven by primitive urges and impulses. "

---

Kay nodded [I'm sure Vestia still has plenty of new places to explore.]

---

Ivor nodded, looking worried. "t.. thank you..."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Starr smiled and nodded. "I am glad to help when I can." She said honestly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:39 am

Silence stared at Starr. "why?" She asked bluntly.

Ivor just nodded and repeated "t.. thank you." quietly.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:57 am

Starr looked to Silence at her question then shrugged a little. "In part because that is how my people are naturally, and in part because everyone needs help sometimes. If we won't help one another when we can, how can we claim to be good people, or on the 'right' side? How could we ask others to help us if we don't help when we can, how can we ask others to put their lives on the line for a cause when we sit back in safety? I can't."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:31 pm

Silence blinked slowly, then nodded. She wasn't sure she entirely understood. "okay."

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Starrnico wrote:Skye nodded again and gave him a small smile. "Thanks, I'm glad someone understands how awkward it is. It will be very good to see her and talk to her again."
James nodded. "It's not something I've had to do myself, but talking to someone while someone else listens in doesn't sound fun at all. And I do know what it's like to be separated from a sibling. It sucks." He had a lot of sympathy for Skye on this, he knew how she must be feeling, and how relieved she must be to finally be heading home.

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Hewitt shook his head. "Animals are ridiculous creatures driven by primitive urges and impulses. "

---

Kay nodded [I'm sure Vestia still has plenty of new places to explore.]
"Yes. I guess it's just impossible to understand organic urges if you aren't an organic yourself," Ethan said. He pulled a game off the shelf. "We'll try this game I guess."

~~
Asher smiled softly. "She always does." He looked at Kay for a few moments, then added, "Want to pick the direction, or shall I?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:50 pm

Starr chuckled softly then shrugged. "For us, it is an urge to help when we can. Anyway, on to you now, what kind of magic do you have that needs training."
~~~
"That it does" Skye agreed softly as she looked at him. "I'm sorry you are separated from your sibling."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:43 pm

"Thanks," James said. "Lark's tough, she's going to be okay, we gotta believe that. Still crappy to be so far from someone you love though." He shook his head, "Gotta look on the bright side, right? One of these days we'll both have family reunions, and maybe our sisters will be friends if they meet. Well maybe not, cause of the age difference, but it's a nice thought anyway."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:21 am

Kay looked around, made a decision and pointed in a random direction. Yes, that way.

---

"i AM organic." The professor protested. "And I understand it, I just find it pathetic." He looked a bit ruffled. Hewitt looked at the game suspiciously. "what is it?"

---

Silence nodded. "Changing shape." She looked down at herself. "Need practice. mother and man say... help to keep safe."

Ivor nodded.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:26 am

Asher smiled slightly. "Seems good to me." They'd head out of his room in that random direction.

~~
"You're not like them," Ethan said. "You act more like an android than the other organics, take it as a compliment." He didn't really think about how that might sound xenophobic or insulting, his education in the other universe hadn't covered that.
"It's about building a starship delivery service megacorp, looks like. Who doesn't want to run a megacorp?" he added drily.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:57 am

Hewitt chuckled. "You mean i'm not an imbecile driven by primitive animal urges?" He liked that, yes, it suited him just fine. He eyed the game critically. "It's a business game?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:36 am

Skye smiled and nodded "Moone makes friends when she can, she and I would both probably like your sister." She said gently.
~~~
Starr nodded and chuckled softly, motioning to herself. "Yes, being able to change your shape makes it much easier to hide and not be hurt. Is your humanoid shape the only other one you have besides your base shape?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next