Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

3 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 39 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Kooshie Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

(Starts on day 15 at the Guild, I believe)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 39 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:11 am

Skye would coach him on landing so he wouldn't faceplant then landed beside him "You doing alright?"

~~
Dawn smiled at Asher and Kay "I'm alright, glad to see you." She said to them both then shrugged a little "It's weird being so tired, but I keep coming back to rest when I get tired. Just have to deal with that until I am better."

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two - Page 39 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Two

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:45 am

Kay nodded. [Take it easy and rest when you need to. Give it a couple of days and you should find your energy levels back to normal. Try to eat and keep your fluids up as well.] Yeah he knew rather a lot about being absolutely exhausted. It was however a relief to see her coherent.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:50 am

"I dunno why they don't, you're the cutest and I have the best fashion sense of anyone on this ship," Ellie said. "Maybe they secretly are jealous, I know I would be."

~~

"I'm doing great, I just think maybe I need to use my feet for a bit," James said, laughing. "Flying is hard!"

~~
"Vestia's delivering you food and liquids regularly, I assume?" Asher asked Dawn.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:22 am

"Aye, captain" Dawn said then chuckled and nodded "I will. I went over to watch a movie with Esk earlier. He gets bored with seeing his room without a distraction just like I do."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:27 am

Dawn looked to Asher and nodded "Yeah, she's good at making sure I have food and drinks."

~~
Skye nodded and chuckled "Yes, it is, that's why it takes years of practice to get it right." She said and winked to show she was teasing a bit. He was already past the hardest part, getting into the air.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:06 am

"I think not having flying in my blood might make this a lot harder," James said to Skye. "You artuvians probably have some sort of innate sense of how to stay upright in the air, I bet. Do you sense the magnetic poles too, like Terran pigeons do?"

~~
Asher smiled. "Good, I'm glad you're taking it easy, while trying to not get bored. And I'm glad Vestia is keeping an eye on you."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:28 am

Skye nodded then chuckled again "Yeah, we can sense the magnetic poles and the wind. It's instinct and practice together to know when to turn or glide on an updraft. Pigeons do have it the strongest, but even a hawk has some sense of the poles."

~~
"Vestia is a great friend and ship" Dawn said with a smile.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:40 am

Kay raised an eyebrow at mention of watching a movie with Esk. Hmm, weird.
But he nodded. [If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. And don't feel obligated to amuse other people, you need to rest as well. ]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:23 pm

"Awesome," James said. "Artuvians are such a neat species. Magic resistance, flying, AND an internal compass. Not everyone can say as much."

~~
Asher nodded at what Kay had written. Yeah, it was best to not overdo it. Even if Asher was totally a hypocrite and was overdoing it himself. But that was different, in Asher's unbiased opinion.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:50 pm

"We are pretty cool" Skye agreed and laughed then shrugged "Just as every species has their own pro's and con's. If burned by fire, our feathers molt out and don't grow back."
~~~
Dawn chuckled softly and nodded "I was amusing myself as well as Esk. We are both pretty much stuck, so a movie sounded like fun."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:17 pm

"Yowch, not good," James said with a shudder. "That's one plus of being a robot, we're almost completely modular. Yay for repairability! And then you've got species like the vavare who can spin magical healing bulletproof fabric, and like sixty kinds of shapeshifters, and it's just like, wow, we're on a cool ship." He looked pleased.

~~
Asher smiled. "Sensible. Want to scan her before we go, Kay? Although she looks like her vital signs are probably normal to me."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:52 pm

Kay nodded and scanned Dawn just to be thorough, even though she was apparently fine.
He wasn't sure what to think about her and his brother's wierd non relationship, it was bizarre to him. Part of that was probably because he still viewed Esk as his baby brother, a child rather than a man, and another part of him was worried for Dawn's safety. Then again, he was relieved Esk actually HAD friends, even if he couldn't quite understand why anyone would want to spend an extended amount of time around the guy. Maybe he wasn't such a dick to other people?

He nodded to Dawn. [It sounds like everyone is bored, i'll have to try to find more entertainment. ]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Skye nodded then shrugged "It's a pretty big weakness for us, we just have to be careful of flames. And yeah, we are on a very cool ship"

~~
Dawn was doing much better and would be able to be up for longer times soon enough. "Yay, entertainment" she said jokingly then looked away a bit "Esk is pushing for me to take the test to become a medic. It's all I have left to do, I've already studied as much as I need for that. That's part of why I like him as a friend, he's honest, sometimes brutally so, but that's what we need sometimes. Someone to tell us when to just stop or to push on." Esk had done both for her and she was glad of that.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:32 pm

"Vavare are scared of fire too, come to think of it," James said. "Guess it's kind of a common fear."

~~
Asher smiled softly. "Congratulations, Dawn. I'm sure you'll ace the test. You're already a very good medic though, test or no."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:07 am

Kay blinked, surprised Esk was actually being supportive to someone. He nodded. [If you believe you're ready, I see no reason you shouldn't be able to take the test. It would be nice to have a qualified doctor on board.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:09 am

Skye nodded "Fire would be something to fear with the oxygen as high as their world has it, or the tanks they carry catching fire."

~~~
Dawn smiled and flushed, laying back down again. "Thanks for the encouragement guys" She said with a smile. It did feel good to have so many people thinking you can do something
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:18 am

"Yeah." James shuddered. "Man, what a nasty way to go." He looked around for something to distract them from that thought with, "Oh look, a stream! Don't show it to Asher!" He went over to the water to look at it.

~~
Asher smiled softly. "We should leave you to rest now."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:41 am

Skye looked around then chuckled at that "Yeah, he does have a thing about water, doesn't he?"

~~
Dawn smiled again Going to take away my entertainment, huh?" She asked teasingly
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:32 am

"Nothing like skin damage and a shower to knock you out cold," James said. "Not sure why he got scared of water instead of skin damage, but he did."

~~
Asher looked amused. "We're your entertainment? Oh dear. I'll have to be sure to challenge you to a game of chess sometime. Or make you and Hewitt play each other."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:10 am

[I could go check on Esk on my own if you'd rather stay.] Kay told Asher. He looked amused at Dawn's remark, entertainment huh? Isn't that exactly what Esk referred to social interaction as? Amusement and entertainment, never company.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:30 am

Skye shrugged, uncertain of what to say to that. Who knew why one thing brought fear but not another.

~
Dawn chuckled softly "I wouldn't mind learning that game, but now isn't the best time. I would forget half the rules or fall asleep playing." She admitted then looked to Kay and back "Hey, you make me laugh sometimes, isn't that entertainment?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:32 am

Asher looked amused. "We'll wait til you're rested up, then. For now, laughter will have to be enough I guess."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:40 am

Kay tilted his head, unsure how to respond to that.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:44 am

Dawn smiled then looked to Kay again and chuckled "Relax, I was just teasing a bit. I like being around my friends, and you two are my friends too."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:48 am

"I'm glad to be your friend," Asher said, smiling at Dawn. "You can leave up an extra sign in the med bay because your flattery is so nice."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:00 am

Kay shook his head, looking like he was trying not to laugh. [Thank you Dawn.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:06 am

Dawn chuckled again "An extra sign? I didn't know I had any signs in there. Hm, I may have to look into that"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next