Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guild Capitol: Chapter One

4 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter One - Page 20 Empty The Guild Capitol: Chapter One

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

The entrance to the portal that led to Asteroid Manifest was grand -- a great stone arch depicting sculptures of feathers and scrolls scribbled with Archean text guarded it, along with two Peacekeeper sentries who looked that the newcomers, nodding once in hello, before returning to their alert stations. The whole scene looked almost from a storybook, instead of smoothly paved asphalt, instead pretty marbled cobblestone (which was oddly flat to walk on) and a wide road headed towards many buildings that seemed almost out of place with how advanced they were compared to the stone roads. A large fountain rested in the center of a circled town square, four figures sculpted into it; one was a woman with a dryad looking face, her body wrapped in tight clothes as she was forever suspended in a graceful bound. A second creature looked to be almost spiderkin, but was quite large in comparison to vavare and had a much taller and leaner torso, with insect eyes and mouth that was locked tightly with vertical razor teeth. A third man was also sculpted, vaguely familiar to any who had met with Arya on the first mission; a simple silhouette with an almost cartoonish skull for a face. Finally, the sculpted man most heightened was none other than a depiction of Ragnarok himself, his swirling flames across the bottom of his robe forever suspended in stony projection.

Cafe store fronts littered with different aliens of all kinds and likeness, many walked around and avoided the new tourists though did smile and wave a few times as they passed. The large fountain was occupied by a woman, with fox ears and tail, wearing a top half of a kabuki mask while playing a shamisen, three orbs of water of different shades being played around with by the three draconic serpents that seemed delighted with her presence. On the other side of the fountain was a group of Terrans -- or would have been, if many of them didn't look malformed or changed, one man with spindly arachnid legs sticking out of his side as he wore a mask, a few of them having differing features of cross species from the Galaxy. One old geezer was covered head to toe in runic tattooos and was tiredly carrying heavy and thick gossamer dragonfly wings on his back as they sang merrily.

Across the way were a group of three normal looking Terran, all women, who were handling equines of massive size, two of them easily twelve feet in height, the third dwarfed by about four less feet. While the first two were powerful and the color of the sky; one a blue roan and the other a stormy gray, the smaller was spindly, quicker, and of a dark black, looking almost skeletal. The final oddity about these horses were the fact that they each had a pair of alarmingly huge wings. The bigger two gracious and feathery, and the tinier one with large, leathery bat-like ones.

Kay was attracting attention again. This timeby a group of three almost elvish looking people, all wearing that same wolf-embroidered tabard. They then quickly lost interest when they spotted Flora, who was waving them off, chuckling and returning to speak among themselves.

"Welcome to Capitol Square!" Flora said happily, "This is basically everyone's entertainment center for the more city-minded folk."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter One - Page 20 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter One

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:01 pm

"So, the light makes you sleepy? Is there any way to counter that? like.. eating something? keeping to shade? uh.. sunglasses to trick your brain into thinking it's dark?" Matt asked.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

The Guild Capitol: Chapter One - Page 20 Empty Re: The Guild Capitol: Chapter One

Post by Starrnico Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:04 pm

"Sunlight weakens my kind, we are literal creatures of night." Sawna said and looked to Matt "We have not figured out a way to counter that besides staying indoors or in shade. Even on a ship, we cannot be in front of a window or we will get the same effect. Too long in direct sun will put us in a coma like state."

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:06 pm

"Well that doesn't sound good. You sure this is a good idea? I mean, we could always come back here later, i'm sure the wolves will understand right? I prefer the night too, the sun hurts my eyes a bit." He indicated upward.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:13 pm

Sawna tilted her head at that then shrugged. She didn't know the customs or ways of these wolves. She was still learning so much about this universe and it's people.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:15 pm

"okay tell you what, if you start getting too tired, I can get you back to the ship pretty quick. Least I should be able to. This place is a bit disorienting but i'm pretty sure I know what direction Vestia is." Matt nodded.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Sawna gave him a smile and nodded "That would be good" She said happily.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:38 pm

"Right then, you just lemme know. And i'll keep looking for an umbrella." He continued to dig through his pockets while they walked. No, that was a children's keyboard, that was a rubix cube... that was ... probably a ball.. more bottles.. dang.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:34 am

Lupa led them to the fishing spot, before she used magic -- the non-werewolf kind -- and the dirt rose from the ground, molded and hardened to a somewhat small open hut that could be used as shade. "If it helps." Lupa bowed her heads slightly, before she turned to stare at the mountains for a bit before she took a deep breath.

She leaned back then leaned forward, and let out a long, mournful-sounding howl that seemed to almost have a tune to it. It was oddly beautiful, but still hinted of something beastly. She stopped, and waited. A few seconds later she was greeted with various howls from across the valley, all equally mournful sounding. She nodded in satisfaction. "The others are aware of your presence now. You should be left alone."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:44 am

Sawna got in the little hut thing and sat, listening to the howling as it passed back and forth. "That is lovely, sad, but lovely." She commented softly then looked to the 'building' "And thank you for this."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:47 am

Matt tried to supress a shudder at the noise and nodded. "Thanks.. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Lupa nodded. "I will be periodically checking on you in case you need help getting back to the Capitol. Until then..." She walked a ways before shaking out her fur and snarling a bit to pop her jaw. Leaning on all fours, she then took off, the white brilliant fir disappearing into the underbrush.

The fishing supplies sat on the lakeside, untouched.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Sawna smiled and looked to Matt then at the lake "what do you think, a quick nap before we start fishing? Let the sun go down a bit?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Matt shook his head, and went to get the supplies.
"Well that was... an experience." He remarked "I really can't see my brother embracing this sort of life. Running around the woods hunting deer and howling at the moon? I can just picture his face at the prospect." He chuckled. Yeah, Kay was waaaaay too civilised and proper to embrace his wild side. He nodded at her suggestion. "If you need to nap go ahead. I won't leave you."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:31 pm

Sawna smiled at him and settled in place where she was. "Just wake me if you need me then." She said and closed her eyes.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Matt smiled softly and settled down beside her. Poor girl.
He watched the view, it was really quite beautiful out here.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Sawna would sleep for an hour or two before waking again. She looked to Matt and smiled then looked around them.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Matt would sort of snooze with her, and looked around, rubbing his eyes and yawning. "huh? " Oh, sundown.. awesome. "Oh... you feel better?" He asked, sitting up.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Sawna nodded and smiled at him. "Yes, much better. " She said then stood and looked around again. "Ready to fish now?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Matt nodded and handed her a rod. "It's been a long time since I got to do this." He laughed and got to his feet. "Come on." He headed down to the water.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Sawna followed him and set up to fish from the bank.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Matt baited his hook, which he found a little tricky with his terrible eyesight. He hadn't quite gotten into the habit of wearing his glasses, they got in the way.
He settled down to fish, glancing to Sawna.

"Thanks for this." He told her.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Sawna looked to him again and smiled. "Your welcome, it is nice to just relax sometimes, even if you do as I did and get too excited and make yourself weak." She said with a chuckle.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:17 pm

Matt chuckled. "Hey, easy enough done. How you finding this universe then? it must be pretty wierd right?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:21 pm

"It is, so much is the same but different." Sawna said in agreement.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Matt nodded. "It's kinda creepy at times right? Like dude, other me was an asshole." Matt laughed. "You think you've got a duplicate here?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Sawna tilted her head then shrugged "possibly, but I doubt she would be someone we would want to meet." She said softly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Matt nodded. "It makes me uneasy to think that we could ever be those people, like... a few things different and you get... just awfulness. It's scary. "
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next