Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

3 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 22 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ivor was pretty thankful for Tala's quiet thoughts, if her unshielded thoughts were anything like her speaking voice, he'd have had a headache already.
He nodded slowly.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 22 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:05 pm

Kay kissed Asher back a little desperately, pulling away again and nodding once more at Asher's words. [Realistically speaking, there's no reason for them to do anything to you except repair your legs.] He was trying to be rational. [As you and James said, they aren't cackling evil masterminds, they're just an oblivious corporation. ] He ran a hand through Asher's hair affectionately. [It'll be nice for you to be taller than me again.[ he attempted humour.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 22 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by Kooshie Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:25 pm

Asher nodded in agreement, yeah, he really didn't believe MegaBrainTech were intentionally evil, just that they were interested in making money and satisfying their customers. He leaned into Kay's touch a bit, and managed another small smile. "I'll have to get used to seeing the tops of people's heads again. It's going to be a strange experience. And I'll probably just run around opening doors for people for a few weeks, just for the thrill of it." Doors had been one of his greatest frustrations in getting used to the wheelchair. He would be glad when they were something he barely had to think about again.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Kay smiled softly. [It'll be nice...] He mused, trying to focus on that rather than the fear. [You should get ready. ] He got out of bed himself to go shower and get dressed.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:54 pm

Asher smiled sheepishly. "Right. Getting ready is a good idea." He shook his head at his own idleness, and set about his own morning routine, using the bathroom to get himself nice and clean (no shower though, just a sponge bath. He was stressed enough without subjecting himself to the extra water, thanks), since he probably wouldn't be able to do that again for a few days if he was stuck in a cargo bay.

Then he got dressed and filled his pockets with the usual assortment of potentially useful objects. He looked at the gun Kay had given him all those months ago, then took that too, clipping it to his belt. He wouldn't bring it onto Mars's surface, but you never knew when you might end up in a battle in space.

All that was left was getting himself and his stuff to the Silver Devil.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:10 pm

Kay showered and dressed and would help Asher carry stuff to the other ship. Mostly to get a little more time with him.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:21 pm

Asher didn't have much to bring along, just one backpack he'd borrowed from Vestia, with the stuff he'd mentioned before in it.

He let Kay carry it, it wasn't all that heavy and it would have been ungainly for Asher to carry. He looked sheepish though, letting other people help him wasn't the most natural thing for him.

They'd head for the shuttle bay.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:57 am

Kay followed along with the bag, chewing his lip anxiously.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:04 am

James was in the cargo bay when Asher and Kay arrived. He smiled at them and trotted over. "Hey guys. I cleaned the cargo bay for you, you like it?"

Asher looked around, it was hard to see the difference, the place had already been fairly clean. "It's wonderful, James. Well, as wonderful as a cargo bay can be," he added humorously.

James slapped his shoulder fondly. "Look on the bright side, man. A whole room to yourself! Some of the others will have to share."

Asher smiled softly. He did kind of want to share a room, just... not with any of the Silver Devil crew. "Well that is a bit of good luck, I suppose."

James looked at Kay. "Thanks for being his butler, man. You can uh, put that backpack over there I guess?" He pointed at an empty bit of wall which some straps were connected to for fastening things in place.

~~

Moriah was snooping around the Silver Devil. She might see Dawn as she investigated the ship.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:23 am

Dawn looked up when Moriah came in sight and smiled "Hey, you coming too?" She asked curiously
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:41 am

Moriah smiled back. "Rigel gave me permission to come along. I was curious to see Mars in person, even just out the window." She looked curious, "You're coming too? I'd heard you were still recovering your strength from your sickness."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:15 am

Kay glowered at James' butler remark, but put the bag where he was told to.

Esk turned up with a pack slung over one shoulder and a candy bar in his hand. He wasn't hanging around to witness tearful emotional goodbyes, he ignored Kay, James and Asher and trudged on board the ship.

Luka was already aboard, checking preflight things and being busy.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:48 am

James smiled brightly at Kay, ignoring Esk as well. "I gotta go check on Armin. That is, peer in the door and get shooed off by the doctor," he said. He hugged Asher. "Remember, don't punch any corporate dweebs without consulting me first, okay?"

Asher chuckled and returned the hug. "I'll try to control myself. Take good care of Armin, and I don't want to hear about you punching anyone either."

"You'll hear nothing," James said. He stepped back, smiling softly at Asher. "Remember, if MegaBrainTech really piss you off, just keep telling yourself how you're going to destroy their industrial empire, loot their bank accounts for reparations until they're broke and ruined, and send their leaders to prison for life someday. Then you'll feel all better."

"Thank you for the words of wisdom," Asher said dryly. "See you soon, James."

"See you soon." James smiled, then headed for the door.

~~
Tala checked over some things, making sure they were ready for departure. She flicked her ears in greeting to Luka.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:56 am

Kay came over to Asher as James left, putting a hand on his shoulder briefly and nodding. He was doing a pretty good job of putting on a brave face.

--

Luka waved to Tala, her eyes on her checklist as she ran through checks. She was in serious work mode.

---

Mourn slept through all of this, he was in the main area sprawled over his keyboard in an awkward and uncomfortable position and snoring softly.

Esk sort of stepped over the sleeping Felid on his way toward his own room to dump his stuff.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:10 am

Asher reached up to touch Kay's hand on his shoulder for a few moments. He appreciated how hard Kay was trying to keep himself together, this trip was obviously pretty terrifying to Kay.

"I'll be back soon," he said gently. "Please, try not to overwork yourself too much. Maybe have some fun if you can." He knew that was a pointless request, but he had to try.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:13 am

Kay forced a smile. [I can't promise i'll save you any work, but i'll try not to do all the paperwork. ]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:35 am

Asher managed a smile as well. "If you do all the work before I return, I guess I'll just have to bring more paperwork."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:41 pm

Kay looked amused, he nodded. [I'll see you soon.] He wanted to say good luck, but felt like that'd be jinxing it. So he didn't.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:09 pm

Asher's amusement faded quickly, although he still tried to smile. "See you soon," he repeated.
It was only a week. They'd be fine, right?

~~
James headed for Armin's room to check in, unless the doctor had specifically told Vestia not to allow visitors.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:26 pm

Kay nodded once more, patted Asher's shoulder, which was about as affectionate as he ever could be in front of other people. He bit his lip and tried not to look anxious and scared.

---

The doctor had made no such requests. Currently she and Armin were going through some religious ceremony in preparation for the molt, which would no doubt happen in a few hours.
Armin moved painfully slowly, so the doctor was helping him with the appropriate motions.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:14 pm

James knocked on the door to Armin's room. "Anyone here?" He called, keeping his voice lowish because he didn't want to wake up Armin if he was sleeping.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:17 pm

"y.. yes." Armin called out.

"You may enter." The doctor called.

Both spiderkin were crouched in front of Armin's alter.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:34 pm

James opened the door and looked in, hanging back as he saw the two seemed to be doing something religious. He wasn't an expert on religion, but he was pretty sure he wasn't supposed to interrupt someone in their worship. "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you guys."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:32 pm

"it's.. fine." Armin smiled softly and bowed his head. "you are welcome here my friend."

The doctor nodded. "join us. We are praying to the Weaver for a successful molt."

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 pm

James hesitated, he really had barely any experience with religion, and he knew that Armin and probably the doctor as well were pretty devout. He didn't want to do anything disrespectful, especially when Armin was already having a crappy week.

"All right, if you don't mind," he said. He went into the room to join the two vavare, looking hesitant still.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Both vavare smiled to James and resumed their prayer. It seemed to involve a lot of bowing and anointing, as well as a beautifully woven silk parcel containing an offering placed reverently on the alter.
The two spoke in soft tones, reciting a prayer for safety and health. Neither minded that James had no idea what he was doing, his presence alone was fine to them.

When they were done the doctor rose, helping Armin to his feet.

Armin moved painfully, every joint stiff and aching. His usual brilliant green coloration was mostly gone, washed out into a strange white colour and he'd lost a lot of his vivid purple hair.

"Will you remain?" the doctor asked James. "it will not be long now."

Armin didn't move much, he managed a few paces then sagged, resting. It was clear from his expression he was in a great deal of discomfort.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:28 pm

James watched, quietly and respectfully. He didn't know enough to try to join in, although he almost wished he could. What would it be like, to have a creator, a god, who you actually trusted to help and protect you? He could hardly imagine it, but the vavare made it seem like it must be a wonderful thing.

He watched Armin worriedly when he stood, the guy looked even worse than yesterday. "I'll stay if you guys want me here," he said. "Whatever makes you most comfortable Armin, I can barely imagine how sucky molting must be."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:55 pm

Armin smiled weakly. "It is a fact of life." He told James gently.

The doctor nodded, picking up her tablet again to write notes.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next