Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

3 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 16 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ivor was pretty thankful for Tala's quiet thoughts, if her unshielded thoughts were anything like her speaking voice, he'd have had a headache already.
He nodded slowly.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 16 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by Starrnico Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 am

Nova nodded "Yes, I was hatched before my family was taken. Luckily I was old enough then to understand and learn from them before we were separated. Having the mind link is helpful in choosing who is to take over the positions, and who just wants to be farmers or guards."

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Page 16 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by Kooshie Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:24 am

James smiled. "You guys are kinda like a hive mind, that must make it a lot easier to cooperate and pick new staff. I guess you fight less cause of that?"
He smiled a bit, "If Swarm goes along on the Silver Devil, you should compare notes on being telepathically linked. You guys are kinda similar that way." He hoped calling the dragons a hive mind wasn't offensive.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:44 pm

Nova chuckled then shrugged "In a way, I guess we are, though we don't rely on it normally. Or we didn't. Usually it's only the King or Queen that can speak to anyone, those lower must know the ones they are speaking to, or be introduced through a third that knows both if they cannot meet in person. That is one way so many were taken, no one could hear them, or the ones who could were too far away to help." That was sad to think about, but it was truth.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:42 pm

James nodded. "Ah, I guess that does make sense. Starr did mention having stronger telepathy than the rest of the dragons." He frowned, that really did stink to imagine star dragons able to hear their friends being captured and enslaved, or to not know at all until it was too late. "Dang, that must've been awful to hear, and not be able to help."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:07 am

Nova nodded and dipped her head. "Yes, it was demoralizing to hear, then to know they were coming to get you next." She shook her head and took a deep breath. That was not a happy thing to remember. "Queen Starr was lucky that she hadn't developed enough to hear them all, though her parents heard. They were trying to get allies to help them, that was how they were taken. The slavers pretended to be allies until they reached the planet, then attacked to get the last of us they could."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:00 am

James shuddered. "That's awful. It's just mind boggling how anyone can be that greedy and cruel. I mean, sure, obviously star dragons have some neat skills, but betraying and hunting people like that is just so evil." He shook his head, "I guess most of the people who captured you guys must be dead by now, or I'd suggest hunting them all down for vengeance."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:02 pm

"I'm sure the short-lived ones are." Nova said. "It was cruel, but it is our past now and we can finally work on fixing things now."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:31 pm

"And maybe somewhere along the way you guys can get revenge on any slavers left alive," James said. He had some people he'd like to hurt someday for what they'd done. Maybe not kill, but punch a couple times in the face at least. "I'm glad you guys are getting the chance to rebuild after all this time. I hope I get to see your new homeworld someday, I'm sure it'll be incredible."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:30 pm

"I am sure that will happen to some, though Starr doesn't want us to be cruel in retaliation." Nova said then shrugged "We can kill them, just not torture them. She doesn't want us to become like they are."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:44 am

James sighed, then nodded. "She's probably right. Vengeance sounds awesome, but the books I've read usually end with it being messy and just continuing the problem." He smiled a bit. "Killing the people who hurt you outright guarantees they won't hurt you again at least."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:46 am

Nova nodded then shrugged "Unless by doing so we create hate in a family member that then takes over trying to hurt us." It could be a vicious cycle after all.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:51 am

"Eh, as long as the bad guy could possibly be a threat to you, I'm sure their families would understand. I mean, hundreds of years of slavery is kind of a good reason for you guys to want to dispose of someone, right? I wouldn't want to kill the guys who created me, but I'd totally stand back and let any android who wanted to kill our creators. Some things are just unforgivable, you know?" James said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:57 am

Nova nodded then shrugged a little "True enough, they wouldn't have a valid reason to be mad, but then again, when do emotions care about valid reasons? Add to that those who want to be just like the one killed because it is how they were raised..." She just shook her head at that instead of continuing.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:22 am

James sighed. "Yeah, you're right." He shook his head, "Some people were just raised wrong, and there's not much we can do to fix that."
He smiled a little, "But hey, you're free now, so things are looking up at least."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:05 am

"Yes, that is good." Nova agreed with a nod. It was good to be free, even if the others weren't yet.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:12 am

James smiled at her. "We should start, like, a former slaves support group or something. There are a lot of us here now."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Nova chuckled and nodded "We could, or you could with those who remain here."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:22 pm

"Yeah, I kind of meant the star dragons here in general. And all the androids we've picked up, and everyone else who's been through all that slavery crap," James said. "It'd be neat to start some sort of support network thing, some of them might really benefit from it."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:33 pm

Nova nodded and chuckled softly "Yes, I meant you could help start that here, while I am away with Asher."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:08 am

"Oh, I see." James smiled at Nova. "Well when you come back, maybe you can come join in. If there's actually any interest in a support group, which I'm not sure there will be." He looked amused. "I can't imagine my newer brother having any interest in talking to anyone, but you never know about the others."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:12 am

Nova nodded and smiled a little "Some like to talk to feel better, others just want to forget." Hey, at least if he did take this track, he could become like a counselor and not have to see blood.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 am

"Yeah," James nodded. "I mean they went through some sucky stuff, who can blame them for not wanting to think about it? I dunno about your people, but some of mine are just so confused though. They never expected freedom, so being here is kinda baffling to them."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:14 pm

Nova smiled and nodded "Yeah, my people expected to be free or to die in captivity." She said quietly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:18 pm

James shook his head. "Yeah, I can imagine. Thankfully they were wrong." He smiled slightly.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:28 pm

Nova smiled and nodded "Yes, I am glad we were wrong about that." She agreed
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:58 pm

James smiled softly. "You should make sure you have something to entertain yourself with for the trip," he said suddenly. "The Silver Devil crew are nice, but it gets boring on that ship, believe me. Normally I entertain myself by harassing Esk and singing suggestive songs, but that isn't your style, I'm guessing."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06 am

Nova laughed and shook her head "No, but singing does sound distracting." She said, glad for the subject change.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next