Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terra - Ottawantreal

4 posters

Page 7 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

Terra - Ottawantreal - Page 7 Empty Terra - Ottawantreal

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

A huge North American city, built in a mishmash of styles from many eras of architecture. the spaceport is bustling and filled with cruise ships, racing yachts, and transport craft. It's full of shops, clubs, gardens, and tourist attractions.

The weather is currently cool but sunny.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Terra - Ottawantreal - Page 7 Empty Re: Terra - Ottawantreal

Post by Kooshie Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Ethan snickered. "Alcohol does make people stupid. Maybe it's best to avoid," he agreed. "Catnip is a sort of herb that cats like, at least I think they like it. They rub their faces on it, so it must smell good. I know you're not a cat, but I can't help wondering if it would affect you too."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:07 am

Mourn shrugged. "no know." He hadn't a clue, he knew very very little about his own species.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:46 am

Kooshie wrote:"I think they went on a romantic outing cause they love each other," James said. He tried to sound  light and humorous, but there was something a bit glum in his tone. "They just went flying off after gawking at each other for months, it's suspicious."

Asher shook his head. Oh James.
flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Hytar smiled and extended a hand to shake. "You are sssstarr yesss? A pleassssure."

---

Mourn's ears flicked, he shook his head. "Old shipmates like to get drunk, be stupid. Never smell very good." He made a face. "What.. cat.. nip?"
Dawn shrugged a little at that then shook her head "I don't think so, Rigel loved his wife so much. We only get one love like that. He may try for her, but it wouldn't be as fulfilling for him and that would eventually affect her."
~~~
"Yes, I am Starr" Starr said as she shook his hand. She looked at him, noting the similarities and differences between him and Esk. Interesting, she had some questions to ask about controlling his power, but those should probably wait.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:03 am

"I have half a mind to buy you a catnip mouse and see what happens," Ethan said. "If it made you violent though, that'd suck. Hmm."

~~
Asher frowned slightly. Pandorans were such a monogamous species. Of course anyone would have trouble falling in love a second time after the first time had ended tragically, he knew Kay was still haunted by the loss of Gierhart and still probably very much in love with him, but at least for most species there was a chance at finding someone else to be happy with. Never having that chance again was pretty sad.
"Maybe they really are just having fun with the ship," Asher said.

James sighed. "Maybe. I hope Luka just has a crush on him, and isn't in love." James didn't want his best friend going off and spending all her time with Rigel, and getting her heart crushed by him. And this definitely wasn't about jealousy, really.

~~
Ellie hopped from foot to foot, watching Starr and Hytar. She was so excited about EVERYTHING right now. AHHHHH.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:06 am

Mourn cackled. "I already violent." He grinned and flexed his robotic claws. "but I no pet." He made a face.

---

Hytar nodded, he'd heard very little about Vestia's crew unfortunately. "sssome of the .. passengerssss, are enjoying a little fressssh air, if you wisssh to ssssee them, find Tala. Sssshe issss.. quite protective of her ssship." He chuckled, Tala amused him.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:24 am

"Of course you're not a pet, you're too violent to be one, not to mention sapient," Ethan said. "Pet store catnip is cheaper than herb shop catnip though, I'm sure. Don't you like saving money?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:23 am

Mourn shrugged. "no my money." He grinned. "Use ship money, she no seem mind."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:26 am

"Let's find an herb shop then, I want to test this," Ethan said. He was probably courting disaster here, but at least he was doing so in the name of science.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:31 am

Mourn shrugged and followed along. "What it do?" He asked. He was curious about this herb and why ethan thought it was a good idea.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

"Cats like the smell of it, it makes them start drooling and batting at it, and they rub their faces in it and play with it," Ethan said. "Well that's what happened to my master's cat, anyway. I think they like it, they look like they do."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:46 am

Mourn looked confused. "but why? It smell like tuna maybe?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:48 am

"I think it's like marijuana for cats," Ethan said, "so a sort of drug, but not very harmful or addictive. Makes your mind work differently." He hoped it wasn't addictive, anyway.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Mourn looked thoughtful. "Only got half organic brain." He pointed out.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Kooshie wrote:Asher frowned slightly. Pandorans were such a monogamous species. Of course anyone would have trouble falling in love a second time after the first time had ended tragically, he knew Kay was still haunted by the loss of Gierhart and still probably very much in love with him, but at least for most species there was a chance at finding someone else to be happy with. Never having that chance again was pretty sad.
"Maybe they really are just having fun with the ship," Asher said.

James sighed. "Maybe. I hope Luka just has a crush on him, and isn't in love." James didn't want his best friend going off and spending all her time with Rigel, and getting her heart crushed by him. And this definitely wasn't about jealousy, really.

~~
Ellie hopped from foot to foot, watching Starr and Hytar. She was so excited about EVERYTHING right now. AHHHHH.
flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Hytar nodded, he'd heard very little about Vestia's crew unfortunately. "sssome of the .. passengerssss, are enjoying a little fressssh air, if you wisssh to ssssee them, find Tala. Sssshe issss.. quite protective of her ssship." He chuckled, Tala amused him.
Dawn nodded, hoping that was what they were doing. "Rigel will be as careful as he can, but he does like her and that shows through, maybe more than he intends. He wouldn't want to break her heart either."
~~~
Starr nodded and smiled at that, though if she wanted, she could call to them to come to her. He didn't know that though, and she didn't want to say. "Thank you, I will. Maybe we can get together later and discuss some other places to hit to free more of them?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Hytar smiled. "Yesss, that ssssoundssss wissse. We uncovered sssome information that may be ussseful."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:18 pm

"Maybe it'll only make your mind half work differently then," Ethan said thoughtfully. "Hell if I know." He spotted a shop that said [Herbal Remedies and Life Balancing]. "That looks promising, if very new wave," he decided.

~~
"If he breaks her heart, at least we're here for her," James decided. He didn't want to think about Luka dating Rigel too much, the girl was younger than Dawn for crying out loud. "Oh look, a market, and it looks like it's mostly indoors. Perfect."

Asher smiled softly. "Looks like a good place to have a look at."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Starr nodded and glanced to Ellie, giving her a smile because she was so hyper-excited. "Good, what time should we meet to discuss this?" She asked curiously.
~~~
Dawn nodded then looked towards the market, glad for it's appearance so they could change the topic. "That looks like a good place to find a lot of different things."

Helen was staying quiet and listening as she usually did, learning about the others.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:31 pm

"All right, stay close to one of us at all times James," Asher said. Last thing they needed was James running off and getting attacked by an anti-robot gang.

James grumbled, but nodded. "Okay, I'll stay right with you guys."

Asher headed into the building, with James staying near him.

There were a lot of stalls in this building, selling scented soaps, foods, jewelry, more foods, and lots of collectibles. People manning the stalls were chattering with customers and occasionally yelling playful insults to each other, probably as some sort of act to draw attention to themselves and their stalls.

"Wow, this place is nuts," James said. "Dawn, look at it!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Hytar considered that. "Ssseven? Give all three crewssss time to sssober up." He chuckled.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Dawn was looking, acting the tourist as she tried to take in all she could at once. She moved closer to Asher and Helen, putting one hand on the wheelchair so she wouldn't get pushed away or lose them from stopping to stare at one thing or another. "It's like the market back home, only larger." She said softly
~~~
Starr nodded again and smiled "Alright, I will see you then and let you go on your tour now. Ellie seems excited about that."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Hytar chuckled. "Indeed, your terran friend hassss... a great deal of enthusssiassssm" He smiled to Ellie. Ahh yes, she was eager, excitable and trusting. He liked that in people.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Starr nodded and looked to Ellie again "Armin isn't feeling well, so leave him and his room off the tour, alright?" She asked gently.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:10 pm

Asher might normally have objected to have someone that far in his personal space, but he was willing to make an exception for Dawn, who was still recovering from her sickness. Besides, it was pretty crowded in here and there wasn't a whole lot of personal space to begin with.
He glanced up at her with a smile, "I hope that's a good thing that it looks so familiar."

James was already starting to wander off. He'd spotted a display of sparkling sheer scarves, and he kinda wanted one even though they were waaay too expensive.

~~
Ellie grinned. "There's a lot to be excited about," she said. "I have my booooyfrieeeeeend back!" She frowned. "What's up with Armin?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Dawn nodded a little as she looked around then to Asher "It is, though the size is a bit overwhelming. James found something." She noted, looking over to the other android.

Helen looked at the scarves and tilted her head, glancing to the others then following James to look at one of them.

~~~
Starr shook her head a little and smiled "Nothing serious or contagious, he's just not feeling up to meeting anyone. He has the oxygen level up more now, so it isn't safe to just pop in on him." Yep, that was something else on her 'to-do' list she had for herself, getting one of the android medics to go with her when she picked up the egg to check on Armin medically and make sure he was alright.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:31 pm

Asher nodded. "More people in here than I prefer," he said with a smile. Crowds weren't really his thing, he could handle being in a crowd, but they made him a bit nervous.
He looked at where James was. "Oh dear, he really can't control himself, can he?"

James had started haggling with the guy selling the scarves, trying to pass himself off as some sort of professional in fabrics. He was talking about how his owner was a brilliant tailor.

~~
Ellie frowned, but nodded. "Okay, we won't visit him then. Poor guy, hope he gets better soon."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Dawn chuckled softly and shook her head, turning to follow the other two over to the vendor.

Helen was listening to the two barter as she looked at the scarves. Eventually she picked out a few and waited to see what they would cost together.
~~~
"We will likely be on our way from here before he's better but I will let him know you said that when I go to check on him again." Starr said gently "Have fun with your tour."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:48 pm

"I tell you," James was telling the vendor, putting on his most authoritative attitude, "I know a lot about fabrics, and these are nice, but they're not worth that much. A vavare could sell you something of the same or better quality for half this price."

The vendor didn't look convinced. "What do you know about vavare, android?"

"My owner's a tailor, remember? He buys from vavare all the time," James said confidently.

"Then why aren't you buying from a vavare?" The vendor asked slyly.

James hesitated. Oops, that was a good point.

Asher tried to keep a straight face.

~~
"Right. Ready for the tour?" Ellie asked Hytar.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 32  Next