Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony

4 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony - Page 2 Empty Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:58 am

First topic message reminder :

One of the central lunar colonies orbiting the vast, water world Satare.

A farming colony, what isn't walled farmland is dense forest and woodland.
There are 12 moons in the sky, though not all are visible at any one time and the enormous blue ball that is the planet.

Don't go out after dark, there are monsters in the woods.

Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony - Page 2 Waypoint_inn___interior_by_kyan-daful88

Last edited by flying_purple_monkfish on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony - Page 2 Empty Re: Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Starr made a really tiny sun before venturing down the stairs to Web to check on him and the room.

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony - Page 2 Empty Re: Satare Empire - Melanoc Lunar Colony

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:34 pm

It was a fairly big cellar, then again it was designed to store barrels of beer, food and anything else an inn might need. There was a door to the outside which dim sunlight streamed through the cracks around, but it was bolted and barred from the inside with no clear way to open it. There were splintered gouges around the frame, it looked like something had been trying to get out.

Web had managed to get to his feet and was rubbing his shoulder. One of the shelves along one wall had collapsed, sending pots of paint, tools and other junk tumbling to the ground and apparently, on top of Web.

The whole cellar was lit only by one dim light in the middle of the ceiling, that periodically flickered.

The whole place was a mess, it looked like things were just thrown down here. There was a pile of small rabbit traps in one corner.

"It's been a while since i've been down here..." Web admitted. They hadn't used the cellar much after Kay had gotten sick, most anything useful down here had been moved somewhere else, leaving only junk and tools too rusty to salvage. The rabbit traps were in fact about the only thing that wasn't rusty. Nobody had much wanted to go very far afield after Olin's death, setting traps and hunting had been something Olin did and none of them had quite wanted to take over.

"We should uh.. probably keep the trapdoor shut and barred. I don't think it's very safe down here."

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:41 pm

Starr nodded and went over to him "Are you alright?" She asked kindly. Yeah, she knew what those gouges were, though mercifully the time they were made was blacked out of even Kay's memories.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:25 am

Web nodded. "yeah, just a few bruises, i'll be fine." He smiled weakly. "We should get back, have you got what you need?" He hefted up a few of the traps to bring upstairs.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:04 am

Starr nodded and glanced around the room again "Yes, I do" She answered then frowned a little in thought "If we talk to Dawn we may be able to bring some of her goats here for them to tend."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:09 am

Web nodded. "That's not a bad idea." Who knew how long they might be stuck here, being as self sufficient as possible was sensible. "We used to have goats, Matt was always weirdly fond of them." He smiled softly at that actually pleasant memory. "I think he likes anything that doesn't talk back to just rant at. Pretty sure he'd talk to a rock if you painted eyes on it." He headed up the stairs carefully and dumped the traps on the bar.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:19 am

Starr followed him and nodded "I have seen him talking to the little robots on Vestia before." She said, putting the little sun away then closing the trapdoor. "Being more self-sufficient means less chance of discovery." She agreed softly.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:23 am

Web nodded. "We're thirty miles from the nearest village, about a hundred and twenty from the space port. " he looked around thoughtfully, trying to think of anything else they needed. "i'll send some scribes as well, I might be able to rope some Kalvair farmers into helping get the gardens up and running. Then we just sit tight and wait for the signal yes? " He frowned. No big deal right? No pressure.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:41 am

Starr nodded then sighed softly "I guess the only other thing we could do would be to bring the outcasts here, if they want to come that is. There are a few at the guild."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:50 am

Web looked grim. "I'm not sure that's such a good idea. Some of them are... not exactly stable or calm people." So much anger and resentment, he shook his head.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:26 am

Starr sighed then nodded "Alright, you would know them better than I do, since I haven't even spoken to any of them" She agreed "Ready to go back, or did you want to set these first?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:36 am

Web shook his head. "it's alright, we better get back, get this sorted out sooner rather than later." They didn't know how long they had after all.
Mm yes, the outcasts were difficult, particularly as most of them hated him. No, the kids were safer without unstable rebels around them.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Starr nodded and smiled "I'm ready when you are" She said and held a hand out to him
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Web nodded, taking one final look around and taking Starr's hand tightly. "Alright, hang on tight." Again he stepped backwards, pulling her with him and again there was that brief sensation of falling and the tingling feeling.

--to Vestia!--
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:57 am

The shuttle and all the precious cargo arrived at the Waypoint Inn, safe within the massive, thick stone walls.

There was a cool chill to the air as Web led the children off the ship.
He'd get them all settled into the house before he started unloading the ship.
He carried Thalia who was going to be out cold for a good hour or so and laid her down on one of the sofas.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:01 am

Bianca peered out of the shuttle hesitantly, then hurried after the children to the house. Well this was going to be interesting. She hoped there weren't any hostile rats here.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:56 am

"Stay down here, i'll be as quick as I can." Web told the children, indicating the lower floor.
He doubled checked the cellar door was closed, he was fairly sure the trap door was too heavy for them to lift anyway.

Then he went to unload the goats and get them settled into the overgrown fields.

Next he brought in all the bedding and put it in a pile at the foot of the stairs to take up and make all the beds up.

Then food, and anything else that had been brought. This was going to take a while.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:50 pm

Kerr, Vela and Danika went to a window to watch Web since they were too little to do much to help.

Vela saw Bianca and went over to her, chirping softly.

Moone, on the other hand was big enough and insistent enough to help. She would sort the inside things, taking the blankets and such up to each room after they were sorted out
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:54 pm

The rat watched Vela, whiskers twitching as she studied the dragon. She'd seen the dragons before of course, but they were a lot bigger and less blurry when you got closer to them. Funny how that worked.
She stood on her hind legs to look at the dragon. "Hello?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:02 pm

Vela grinned "You talk, you talk" She said excitedly. They had met once, but she didn't really remember. The first few days were blurred memories that were more feeling than anything else in their memories.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:06 pm

"Yes, I can talk," Bianca moved a bit closer, watching the larger creature with some uncertainly. She was pretty sure dragons were natural predators of rats or something, hmm. "Which one are you?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:19 pm

"I am Vela" She replied and lowered her head a little to not be bigger than the rat. She glanced over to Kerr, motioning to him "That's Kerr at the window and Danika is laying down, so we can't see her from here" She added
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:24 pm

"Oh." Bianca considered that for a bit. "You all look about the same from a distance," she said apologetically, "So I didn't recognize you. I'm sure you look different close up."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:26 pm

Vela nodded then tilted her head in thought before spreading a wing "Danika has lines on her wings and Kerr is almost all dark, but me, I look like other star dragons."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:32 pm

"I might remember that," Bianca said. "I should try to find a place to build a nest," she added.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:38 pm

"Sleep upstairs?" Vela asked, looking up at the (to her) tall ceilings then back to Bianca. "Web said stay down here for now."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:47 pm

"Maybe there's a cupboard I can use," the rat said thoughtfully. She trundled around the room to check for suitable cabinets.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next