Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

3 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One - Page 20 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Luka made a face. "gross. Computer, regular clothes please." She looked relieved as the gown disappeared and she was just in her usual cargo pants and vest. "Who should we go annoy then?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One - Page 20 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Kay nodded, staring down at his tablet for a moment before writing. [I don't think i'm going to get back to sleep.] He looked pained, swallowing hard at the fear creeping in. Oh dear.

---

Web bowed his head politely to Ellie, smiling softly. "Good.. morning yes?" It was strange getting used to times of day again, yeesh. Morning, afternoon, actual nightfall? it was weird.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One - Page 20 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Twenty-One

Post by Kooshie Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:43 pm

"I guess not," Asher said. He hugged Kay a bit tighter, then let go so he could unplug himself from the wall and roll up his charging cable. "Your defense is fine, I think we can go distract ourselves for a few hours if we want. And find you some breakfast at some point."

~~
Ellie smiled weakly. "Yeah, it's morning. Good morning, Web." She assumed the question had to do with how he had lived underground for years and never saw the sun.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Web nodded. "thank you." He went to the counter to order something, paying Sawna with an odd assortment of coins, bits of precious metal and what was probably a precious gem were it polished up a bit. He didn't really carry standard currency. oops?

---

Kay frowned, he wasn't sure he believed that. There were too many what ifs, way too much uncertainty. He nodded hesitantly.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Asher interpreted the frown as 'of course it's not fine, it'll probably never be good enough', and nodded. "Another way to put what I'm trying to say is, I don't think we can improve our arguments much further at this point. We're too tired and stressed." He finished fitting his charging cable back into his arm and closed the maintenance panel.

~~
Ellie watched with dull interest. Normally she would have been fascinated by Web's payment methods, but today she was just sort of curious.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:13 pm

Kay let out a quiet sort of sigh and nodded, cuddling into Asher again. Asher was right, they were too stressed. Didn't mean he could stop fretting about it though.

---

Web glanced back at Ellie, noticing she was watching, and that she was in a wierd mood. He sat down nearby and asked pleasantly. "Are you alright?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Sawna got them both something to eat and drink according to what they liked and could eat, taking the odd payment and looking at the stone with interest. "Web, you know this one stone could likely pay for a small house on some planets." She said after looking at it closer. "Well, if things are the same in this universe."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Asher, both arms now free, hugged Kay again. This was going to be a rough day, no doubt about that. At least they didn't have to face it alone, which would have been even worse.

~~
"Yeah, just worrying about the trial," Ellie said. "I wrote a defense for Merith, but it sucks. I was never good in school."
She listlessly sipped her black coffee.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Web tilted his head. "Really?" He shrugged. "We dig them up by the cart full, they polish up shiny but beyond looking pretty they have no real use. Kevali are very pragmatic, unless it's useful, it's worthless." He smiled softly. "The Kalvair like them though, anything that sparkles they'll trade for."

He looked back to Ellie, looking sombre. "Esk explained about your friend Merith. It can't be a pleasant situation for any of you to be in. Torn between loyalty to a friend and companion and knowledge of their past misdeeds. I don't envy you this. " He smiled sadly. "I'm certain that if you speak from the heart, a lack of schooling will not matter."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Kay hugged him back, closing his eyes and calming his breathing by listening to Asher's motors. It helped, a little. but they really should get up, eugh.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:09 pm

Sawna nodded then chuckled softly at that gem then looked to the pair again "I can take this and see if they will buy it from me here then give you your change back in the money used here. That is something I had to adapt to a bit as well, so I can teach you." She offered then looked to Ellie "Would you like to say it to us, maybe we can help where you feel it is lacking?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:13 pm

"Certainly, if that is what you wish." Web smiled to Sawna. "use the change for something for this ship though, consider it.. payment toward the hospitality, and for putting up with all of my brothers."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:15 pm

Ellie smiled weakly. "I hope you're right, Web. These guys value literacy and intelligence pretty highly though." She smiled a bit at Sawna's offer, "I don't wanna change it at this point, so I'd better not say it to you. I'd just find mistakes in it."
SHe looked at the gem a bit curiously, "You kevali should get into trading with the outside universe, man."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Sawna chuckled at that and shook her head "I like your brothers Web, they do try to be good in their own ways." She looked to Ellie then nodded "Yes, others like gems like this for ornamentation and things and would trade well, though if you start that you will have to be careful of thieves and bad deals."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:33 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Kay hugged him back, closing his eyes and calming his breathing by listening to Asher's motors. It helped, a little. but they really should get up, eugh.
Asher waited quietly for a while, letting Kay try to relax, although it was pretty clear that Kay wasn't going to really be able to today. Finally he said, "I don't know if you're in the mood to eat, but you should probably try to eat something."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Web nodded. "I fear right now, my people aren't ready to open channels to outsiders. We trade with out sister race and that works well, but being unknown and isolated keeps us safe. The universe isn't a safe place, especially not for a technologically impaired, pacifistic society with rich natural resources. if the wrong people decided they wanted some of the mineral resources or whatever else lies below the sands... I don't think asking nicely would be on many's agenda." He looked grim. Yes, he'd grown up in a warmongering culture, it had left him paranoid about this sort of thing.
"Perhaps one day we will forge out across the universe and open communication with the outside, but for now? " He shook his head, No. He was fairly certain the Kevali weren't ready to defend themselves from those who wished them harm. He looked back to Ellie. "Have faith, all you can have is faith. Your friend is fortunate to have people like you who care to try to save him. That in itself should speak well for him."

---

Kay hesitated, then nodded, letting Asher go. [Shower first. Then breakfast.] Yes, one thing at a time. It was the only way he was going to get through this day, if he did one thing at a time and tried not to think about anything beyond that.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Sawna nodded and frowned a little "Were we home, I would offer a trade deal in my families name, but alas, we are not."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:46 pm

"Aww, that makes sense," Ellie said. She kind of wanted all those jewels though.

~~
Asher smiled softly, and nodded. "That sounds like a good plan."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:47 pm

Web looked at Sawna for a moment. "Where is home?" He asked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:51 pm

"You wouldn't know it here, it is in the mirror universe." Sawna answered then shook her head "I would hate to see this universe's version of home if it is truly the opposite."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:58 pm

Web nodded slowly. "Like Ethan then?" Yep, he'd had this conversation.

--

Kay nodded again and reluctantly left Asher, getting up to go get a quick shower.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Asher went to change his clothes. He didn't need to shower daily like organics did (thank goodness!), but it was best to not wear the same clothes two days in a row.

(Are they in Kay's room, btw? lol)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:01 pm

(ahahah I assume so.)
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:02 pm

(hahaha yay, they've been located!)

Asher totally had clothes in Kay's room these days, because... reasons. It made things more convenient.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Kay was good at taking short showers when he needed to. Growing up with 4 siblings and one bathroom, then going to military school made you very efficient at bathing.
He came out of the bathroom towelling his hair dry and dug out some clothing.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Asher was busily re-attaching his med kit to his belt, having just finished putting his varied and potentially someday useful pocket contents back into his pockets. He also had his gun clipped to his belt, he had started wearing it again yesterday, prompted by that talk with Esk.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Kay had noticed the gun yesterday and figured Asher would explain when he wanted to.
He got dressed, combed his hair out of his eyes and clipped his own gun and medical kit to his belt. He didn't put his shoes on though, he had no intention of trying to work today, he was well aware that he was going to be pretty much useless till this was all over.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:31 pm

Asher finished getting all his many items together, carefully checking everything to be sure it was secure. "All right, next we look for breakfast?" he asked.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next