Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Meta] What Your Character Might Know

3 posters

Go down

[Meta] What Your Character Might Know Empty [Meta] What Your Character Might Know

Post by Kooshie Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:30 am

Avia (the planet of the chicken people) was blown up by the Family.

The Family are a magical terrorist crime group of people who think they’re gods.

Star Dragons are a species that can create stars and were all killed/enslaved.

Vestia and her passengers are wanted and have an extremely high bounty on them (but Vestia goes by a different ID now so she might not be immediately recognizable)

Magic exists. Some empires suppress this knowledge (namely the Terran [human] Empire), but a lot of them don’t, and the information does get around.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

[Meta] What Your Character Might Know Empty Re: [Meta] What Your Character Might Know

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:35 am

Vavare are renowned for their textiles and.. that's about it.

The Imperium are at war with pretty much everyone and are basically jerks. Don't go near their borders, they aren't friendly.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

[Meta] What Your Character Might Know Empty Re: [Meta] What Your Character Might Know

Post by Kooshie Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:44 am

Views are pretty split on the Terran Empire. Either they're great, awesome people who promote equality for all species and treat the states they govern fairly, or they're the jerks who created and enslaved a species (androids and AIs) and constantly mistreat them.

Whether androids are alive or not is still a controversial issue.

Minotaurs are strong and aggressive and shun shirts. Not much else gets said about them.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:03 pm

Swarms are known about in some circles, they're great navigators and living encyclopedias used often by races who lack or do not trust mechanical technology. Bio ships from worlds where biotech is more common than mechanical tech often have swarms as their computer databases.
they're hive minds and seldom display any sense of individuality, they're often treated much as one would an AI.

The Felid were scattered by a bitter war with the Canid. The war ended only a few years ago, and their home world is still struggling to rebuild.
The Canid too are struggling to rebuild, particularly in their native sector where they're still regarded with dislike if not outright hate.

several hundred years ago, if not longer, there were shifters, a race of weapon smuggling, arms dealing shape shifters of dubious morality.
They were wiped out by several races working together, though who those races were is seldom consistent in retellings.
Other natural shape changing races may still remember the genocide, as the enemies of the shifters weren't so good at differentiating shifters from other races who happened to be able to change forms.
a lot of non shifters were caught in the crossfire.

Lycanthropy is a highly infectious disease that is particularly rampant within the Imperium. It's fatal in any non shifting race it infects, in shifting races it seems to drive them insane above all else.
The Imperium don't like to talk about it.. but then they don't like to talk to outsiders anyway so... yeah.

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:22 pm

Post time jump, what sorta stuff do we want the general public to know? I assume they know some sort of cruise ship probably vanished into the rift, and that it may in fact have been linked to the sudden disappearance of Nova and Asher, but should knowledge about the battle for the Guild leaked out too?

Should Mourn's identity as the savior of the androids be known?

Should the star dragons' existence and link to Vestia be common knowledge?

I assume there are lots of gossipy people at the Guild of Scribes who might have leaked a lot of info, lol. We should figure out how far into legend status Vestia and her crew have ascended.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:03 am

Ooo good idea.

If you want Mourn's identity leaked have at it, though i'm not sure who'd have leaked that info as all the androids are on vestia aren't they? lol.

I'm assuming the liberation of the star dragons had reports, after all, it's a pretty major event right? Maybe there's a rumour that the queen of the dragons lives and arranged it? but nobody knows where she is?

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:24 am

Scott would be able to leak a rumor, I think. He's talked to Mourn after all, and had him repair Daniel, and he knows something was odd about the androids on Vestia. Daniel wouldn't talk, but Scott might.
Also I'm not sure anyone at the Guild was ever told that Mourn freed the androids on Vestia, but I think people there could put two and two together about the mysterious hacker named Mourn who freed the androids, and the loony engineer named Mourn on Vestia.
It doesn't have to happen, but I like the idea of Mourn becoming practically legendary to androids, heh.

Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe the people investigating the rift know she disappeared at the same time it opened? Since I imagine some of the star dragons not on Vestia might have volunteered to help investigate. But the general public might know a little less.

Oh, and I bet there are sooo many conspiracy theories about the disappearance of Vestia. Maybe not with her name attached, but there are probably speculation websites about the ship called Hildegard that disappeared when the rift opened, linking the rift opening to every mildly odd event that happened that year. Hahaha
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:01 am

ahaha that'd be funny I agree. Go ahead, figure out a way for that info to leak.

nd ahahah yes! Like this bermuda triangle theory could be one of there, and another that says they weren't a cruise ship but some research ship doing something "bad" and it went wrong and so on. Lots of theories i'm sure haha.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:43 am

:D *Starts planning Mourn's info leak* I love how Mourn has a fan club. And his fan club after ten years will be even better I'm sure.

People traveling anywhere near where the rift is probably have started dropping offerings out their airlocks in an effort to buy good luck, haha. And there are probably rumors that the rift is some empire's attempt to cover up... something. Oh, the speculation.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:00 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Ooo good idea.

If you want Mourn's identity leaked have at it, though i'm not sure who'd have leaked that info as all the androids are on vestia aren't they? lol.

I'm assuming the liberation of the star dragons had reports, after all, it's a pretty major event right? Maybe there's a rumour that the queen of the dragons lives and arranged it? but nobody knows where she is?

Yes to this, lol
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down