Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades - Page 3 Empty [Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades

Post by Kooshie Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

(The day after they left Vavaren)

Asher had set up everything he needed in the med bay. Wires, cleaning supplies in case gunk had accumulated in Mourn's electronic parts, the new processor, tools to connect everything together. Kay would be making sure Mourn stayed stable and unconscious while Asher worked. James was staying nearby to be useful if either medic needed something.
This was going to be slightly nerve wracking.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

[Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades - Page 3 Empty Re: [Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Asher nodded gratefully to Kay. "Let's try this thing out," he said, smiling at Mourn. He had brought in a laptop for just this purpose, and he carried out over. "Do you mind if I look at your readouts while you test things out? You should be noticing a significant speed increase already, but it'd be good to see what your OS has to say."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

[Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades - Page 3 Empty Re: [Time Desync] Mourn's Upgrades

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:49 pm

Mourn nodded and reached out a hand for the cable. "Let see." He looked a little over eager.

Kay shook his head and left them to it, he couldn't really offer much for this side of things. So he settled down to watch them do whatever it was they had to do.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:52 pm

Asher handed him the cable, and opened a terminal window to request access to Mourn's brain. Now that the most risky party of this procedure was over, he was pretty excited to see how well it had worked. He was still a bit nervous of course, but not nearly as much as he had been.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:57 pm

Mourn plugged the cable in and moved so he could see the computer screen too. He was just as curious.

The readouts scrolled across the screen and Mourn watched them, grinning stupidly. "I test things." He declared suddenly, closing his organic eye to focus on messing with his optical filters. Scrolling through those rapidly was a pretty good test of processing power. Short of actually rebooting himself, which he didn't much want to do, these sorts of tests would have to do.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:03 pm

Asher watched in fascination. "I was able to connect everything correctly with those adapters, so you should have no difficulty using all your normal functions. You should probably run a full diagnostic to make sure there aren't any unexpected incompatibilities," he suggested.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:08 pm

Mourn tilted his head. "I run diagnostic yes?" He hadn't been paying much attention to Asher talking. oops. But he did that, closing his eye again. The data scrolled across the screen and presumably his optical implant as well, he made hmmm noises as it spat out strings of numbers.
He laughed. "Still trying to access aural implant. Stupid brain." He seemed to find that particularly amusing for some reason.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:13 pm

Asher watched the information readouts for anything strange. Nothing seemed wrong yet, but this wasn't exactly a normal operation. Still plenty of ways for things to mess up.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:23 pm

The readouts continued, optical implant working normally, neural links, working normally. Aural implant, no signal. error error. Ignore.
Checking vitals, blood pressure normal, heart rate normal, body temperature normal... it continued.

He finally opened his eye again. "All seem good. Still sleepy. Can go now?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:27 pm

Asher nodded. "Kay says you look fine, and your readouts agree, so I guess you don't need to stay here any longer. Get some more rest, and have Vestia call me if you notice anything odd, okay?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Mourn nodded and patted Asher on the head. "Good robot." He giggled and hopped down from the bed.

Kay watched him, bewildered.

"I sleep more, will call if worried. I be fine. Brain strong." He nodded.

[One of us will come check on you later alright? Just to make sure the anesthetic is totally out of your system and you're feeling okay.]

"Okay. " Mourn waved and looked for a moment a little woozy. "No like anesthetic. "

[Just take it easy, go slow. You'll still feel groggy and a bit disoriented. It can take a while for the effects to fully wear off.]

Mourn nodded and headed out into the hall, trailing a hand along the wall for support. "I be fine!" He called back as he headed to his room to curl up in a box and sleep some more.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:40 pm

Asher watched Mourn go, smiling affectionately. "He may be mostly robot, but I don't think I'll ever really understand Mourn."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:43 pm

Kay shook his head [He is certainly a unique individual. Very.. unique.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:55 pm

Asher closed the terminal and shut the lid of the laptop. "Hopefully this upgrade will prove to be a success." He sighed, "worst case, we'll have to reinstall the old processor. I'd rather avoid that if possible, swapping it once was more than enough." It wasn't the actual worst case, of course, but he didn't feel like mentioning the actual worst one.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:02 pm

Kay nodded. [All things considered, that went pretty well. James made an effective orderly, nobody was maimed and Mourn made it through. You should be proud of yourself. You just managed to conduct a successful operation that blended your two areas of expertise.] He smiled. [nobody else on this ship could have done that.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:12 pm

Asher was somewhat proud that it had worked. He wasn't a surgeon, a doctor, or even a certified mechanic, but somehow it had worked anyway. "Well i certainly couldn't have done it without you both," he said. "And your excellent facilities, Vestia."

The ship turned her lights pink. "Aww thanks."

Asher smiled and picked a piece of glitter off the laptop, carefully tossing the glitter into the trash. "Let's get out of here before we infect the med bay with glitter."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:15 pm

Kay nodded and looked around. [I think it might already be too late for that. I keep finding it everywhere.] He nodded toward the door. [But yes, let's take some well deserved time off. You've earned it.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:28 pm

"It's truly impressive how this stuff scatters about," Asher said. "I think we'll be finding it for years." He set the laptop on the desk, and evacuated sickbay before it could become any more tainted by green and gold sparkles.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:31 pm

Kay shook his head and hoped the bots wouldn't get sick of cleaning up all the shed glitter any time soon.
Damn glitter.

He followed Asher. [So, where to?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:44 pm

Asher considered that. "Somewhere where Matt won't barge in?" He asked innocently.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:48 pm

Kay covered his mouth with his hand, very obviously trying not to laugh. [He claims he's now too traumatized to barge into places.] He rolled his eyes. [Good I think. My room isn't far, and the door locks. If he's stupid enough to try to get through that locked door, he deserves all the trauma and regret.] He smirked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:57 pm

"Good. I'm glad he learned his lesson," Asher said, amused. "That sounds excellent," he added,"they all fear you too much to knock on your door, right?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:02 pm

Kay continued to smirk. [If they don't, I haven't done my job correctly.] He lead the way.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:06 pm

Asher laughed. "Of course, that hasn't stopped them yet, has it?" He followed Kay.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:10 pm

[Clearly I need to work on reestablishing my fearsome reputation. The glitter is doing me NO favors.] He opened the door to his room and stepped aside so Asher could go first. [We can always pretend we aren't here. How are they going to prove it?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:17 pm

Asher nodded gravely. "You can't let this glitter make people see you as approachable! That would be terrible." He went into Kay's room. "Well Vestis does have cameras. She might betray our location to someone."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:19 pm

Kay shrugged. [She seems to like us, I trust her to give us at least a little alone time. Unless you've done something to annoy her I don't know about.] He shut the door behind them, locked it and glanced up at the forever covered camera.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:26 pm

Asher snickered. "I don't think I've done anything to make her mad. Have I, Vestia?" he asked, assuming that the audio feed was still connected.

"Hmm," Vestia said, pretending to think.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next