Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Realm of Fertile Earth and Foxes

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Realm of Fertile Earth and Foxes - Page 2 Empty The Realm of Fertile Earth and Foxes

Post by Quinn The Fox Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Within this small realm, there is nothing but heavy lush forest with moss covered stones and toadstools. Flowers dotted the landscape, thick with old redwood trees that the sun dappled through, it's yellow rays mixed with the beautiful iridescence of eternal warm summer green. It was slightly foggy in the distance but that all seemed to disperse when they walked. Soon enough one would come to small stone dens. The Leash, both common and Elites, played among the fallen leaves and mossy flora. Mother vixens watched over their ghostly kits as they romped and played gaily in the day. The Elite guarded these peaceful pastimes, eyeing Asher warily, but when they spotted Merith, quickly and respectfully dipped their head and were put at ease. More of the white-masked foxes drank from a small bubbling spring or shared tongues and groomed each other as they ate fresh kill. The new presence caused many to turned their heads but most quickly bowed when they spotted the dark-haired Merith. Otherwise, there was nothing but peace, prosperity and celebration for the purpose of celebrating within the village of foxes. Merith and Vanessa walked with purpose, seemed to follow an old moss-covered stone path that was marked with unlit stone lanterns here and there.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

The Realm of Fertile Earth and Foxes - Page 2 Empty Re: The Realm of Fertile Earth and Foxes

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:23 pm

"If you were really so scummy any more, I don't think you'd have admitted to your crimes like this," Asher pointed out. He looked at the ground, adding quietly, "I can't speak for anyone else, but I, for one, am glad that you joined us. I owe so much to you, you know. And even if we haven't always understood each other, I still do consider you to be a friend."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

The Realm of Fertile Earth and Foxes - Page 2 Empty Re: The Realm of Fertile Earth and Foxes

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:59 pm

Merith was silent for several seconds. "I thank you... but... What do you mean?" Merith's grey gaze turned to study Asher, "What do you owe me? I had thought I had done more harm than good to the people that inhabit Vestia, including you?"

Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:19 pm

Asher looked back at Merith steadily. "That time on the planet, when we were captured by the Humanists. I never thanked you for that, but your intervention saved us from a great deal of pain. So thank you.
"And you brought Heny out of her coma when we first met, when the rest of us were completely stumped by her ailment. Without you, who knows how long she would have been gone? We were all grateful for your skill, and your willingness to bring our friend back."
He smiled a bit self consciously. "And at the risk of sounding terribly self-centered, you were the one who helped me to see what I was too scared to see before. I had spent my whole life deluding myself into believing that my kind were something less worthy than other species, but you made me confront the possibility that we were equal after all, that what the Terran Empire had done to us was slavery. It was a painful realization, but one that I desperately needed to have. And I'm forever grateful that you took the time to convince me of that."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Merith stared at him blankly, before he looked away but made a soft smile. "I see..."

There was silence for several more seconds as Merith stood. "Well, now you understand what I have done, and what I must atone and face judgement for... I trust you in the choice of whether or not you believe it best to tell the others."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:42 pm

Asher stood as well. "It's not my story to tell. You and Vanessa can decide if you want the others to know about this. Although I suppose that the Guild will probably tell them when we arrive, regardless."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Merith hesitated, before looking away. "I don't know..."

Vanessa came over and placed a gentle hand on the man's shoulder. "We should depart before the others start fretting where we are."

The Keeper nodded. straightening. "Agreed."

They began to leave the room, and walked down the hall. Inari stood with a small squadron, all looking at a small white orb, murmuring amongst each other. "Should we?... Must we?... Is their pain so great that they truly wish for death's embrace?... Poor thing! He is hurting so, why must the Outsiders do this to their own kin, even?..."

As the foxes murmured amongst each other, Inari looked up, standing to greet them as the Followers continued to decipher whatever the orb was.

"Leaving?" She asked, glancing at them but holding her gaze at Asher once, as if in thought.

"Correct. The Departure Room?..."

"Where it always is." Inari replied, waving down another wing. "Arcana-Speed, My Love."

Merith nodded once, and they began to walk again.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:57 pm

Asher smiled at Inari, although the expression was more polite than friendly. "Thank you for your hospitality," he told her, before following Merith.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:09 pm

Inari bowed slightly to Asher as they left, which caused a bit of a stir with the foxes, who all bowed in unison at the android. Vanessa couldn't help but chuckle at this as they left down the hall.

Merith led them to another room, which was guarded by a Follower and Inari's Entropium, a great white fox with red marking the size of a small pony. The Follower bowed to all three passerby as the Entropium tried to hail Asher. Merith and Vanessa stepped back, willing to wait for Asher as they went through the door first.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:28 pm

Asher really didn't know what to make of all this bowing, so he nodded respectfully to the foxes before making an ever-so carefully unhurried retreat into the room. He didn't want to be rude, because they were all being so polite, but he really had no idea what to do here.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:01 pm

"Asher." Inari's anamcara called out, trying to wave him over quickly with a dip of his head.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:18 am

Asher paused, confused, then went over. "How may I help you?" he asked carefully.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:31 am

"It is apparent throughout the realm that Inari has just recently gave you her blessing as an honorable companion and friend. To clarify, for whatever ailment you have released Merith from, she gives your her silent gratitude and now considers herself your ally and friend if you ever need it. She has given your blessing, and now I am obligated to give you mine."

The great white being for a wolf-like fox suddenly exhaled deeply and slowly. From his maw produced a soft white transparent fog, which condensed and grew opaque, changing from that snow white to an obsidian black. The black magatama formed and hung suspended in midair, floating genting towards Asher to take as the anamcara explained off-handedly.

"I pray that you never need to use this, but in the chance that you have been cornered, that your friends and you have no way of escape, take this charm; fling it into the wind and the gateway to this realm will open for you and whomever your are with. The magatama will lose its power, however, until you get to the temple, where it can be restored if you hand it over to the priests." He nodded towards the bowing Follower, before blinking. "Or, if you prefer, praying at the Inari shrine yourself, but you do not seem the type, so it will be far easier for you to simply eave it to the priests to empower it for you."

The Entropium tilted his head as he looked back at Asher, and smiled, "We will offer temporary sanctuary for you to regain yourself or selves, and you may depart again whenever you like. But do not take this gift lightly -- Inari wishes this realm to remain as much a secret from her enemies as possible. Do you accept my blessings?"
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:46 am

"Thank you," said Asher softly, "I did nothing more than what any friend might do, though. Are you sure that you and Inari wish to trust me with this?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:55 am

The white wolf-fox nodded. "Inari has seen you walk alongside Merith as a friend despite you, of all species, seeing a taste of his atrocities. For that, she thanks you -- She was incredibly heartbroken when she watched Merith slowly close himself away from others over the years, and during the time of your capture at the base, it made her physically sickened when Isis taunted him about forever being alone in this universe as she..." He suddenly frowned, "Ah, never mind -- you probably do not wish to remember. My point, Asher, is that for trusting Merith after all of this, we trust you as well. And we trust you to use your best judgement."
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:06 am

Asher thought that over a bit before replying. "In that case, I'm honored to accept your gift," he told the fox. "You have my gratitude, as does Inari, for all the kindness you both have shown."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:17 am

The fox bowed his head in a gesture of respect. "Of course. You are always welcome here. Now I will not tamper with your return to your home realm further. Arcana-speed, Asher." The Entropium spoke his words of departure and left Asher be.
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:22 am

Asher would join Vanessa and Merith again, presumably to go through the portal back to the space station.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:44 am

The room had one large glowing green gateway. Vanessa took Merith's and Asher's hand, and in a powerful and firm voice, said, "Space Station Defiant!" Before quickly jumping through, where the three would find themselves in the requested area...
Quinn The Fox
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2