Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two

4 posters

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two - Page 39 Empty Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two

Post by Admin Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Deeply Acus sighed as he paused and turned around, arms crossed. "Yes?"

Admin
Admin

https://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two - Page 39 Empty Re: Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:59 pm

Kay shook his head

"He freezes things." Esk told her matter of factly. "I take after my father you see. LUCKY me." He spat.

Kay flinched.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two - Page 39 Empty Re: Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Two

Post by Starrnico Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:01 pm

"Maybe not lucky, but you have survived whay life gave you to overcome" Dawn said, looking to Esk again

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:20 pm

Esk glowered at her. "Overcome? Precisely what have I overcome Dawn? Unlike HIM" He pointed at Kay. "I never got any chance of a normal life. You ever wonder about that Kaylr? Why she was so willing to do absolutely anything to help your sorry arse, but never even considered finding a solution for me. If she could have, she'd have smothered me in my sleep." He didn't sound bitter, no his tone was completely detatched, flat and emotionless.

Kay shook his head. [She was scared of you.]

"Because that's an excuse is it? I wouldn't have even been born if it wasn't for you. " He snorted. "You know, I spent some time on Iconi, with the Hexenfolke. I found our grandparents. They had some interesting tales to tell about your father."

Kay frowned, looking bewildered.

"I know she spent our whole lives talking about how wonderful he was, how much he loved her and loved you but what kind of a man seduces a 15 year old girl and then flees when he impregnates her? He ran Kaylr, and he never intended to come back. Our grandparents knew he was a piece of shit, that's why they didn't want her seeing him. And they didn't want her to abort because you were a monster, they wanted her to abort because there was a very good chance bringing you into the world would kill her. She was too young and too stupid to listen. Yet YOUR father is a hero, everything about you that reminds her of him is wonderful. He's as guilty as mine for taking advantage of her, she was just too dumb to see it."

Kay shook his head. [She wasn't stupid.]

"Yes she was Kaylr. She was deluded by this childish crush, so blinded by this stupid sense of dedication to her beastly little half breed offspring, she gave everything she had, quite literally, for YOU. She risked her life bringing you into the world, she sold her soul to grant you the means to stay in that form and she died trying to save you from your own idiocy. Do you have any idea what they did to her? What was left for me to clear up? "

Kay really really didn't want to know. He gulped.

"I was eight Kaylr, eight. How is any of that fair?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:24 pm

That was quite a bit more of history than Dawn had expected to hear. She took a step back, watching the brothers warily.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Esk might be a vile person, but James still felt awful for the guy. He definitely didn't deserve a parent like that, nobody did. James wanted to hug him, but yeah, he knew that wouldn't actually help at all. He kept his mouth shut and looked at Asher, hoping for his guidance.

Asher was watching the brothers uncertainly, unable to pick a plan of action either. He really wanted to protect Kay from this--Kay had enough guilt already, he didn't need any more--but he knew anything he could say could easily do more harm than good. He waited quietly.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:34 am

Kay looked pained, nodding slowly as he wrote [There's not really much I can say is there?]

"no." Esk replied flatly.

They both knew there was no point in apologies, it wouldn't change anything.How could you begin to atone for any of it?
Kay wanted to tell Esk how relieved he was the guy was okay, but he knew it would just make things worse so they both lapsed into an awkward silence.

Luka looked to Dawn, she felt like they should intervene, get Esk out of here maybe, let him calm down. He was an asshole, but suddenly it all made sense. No wonder he hated the world and everything in it. It may not excuse his actions, but at least it explained them a little.

"Esk..." She began uncertainly, breaking the silence. "Would... would you like to go and get a drink?" She sounded unsure, she didn't really like the idea of being anywhere with this guy but at the same time this situation was a powderkeg waiting to explode violently, and it needed to be diffused.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:43 am

James nodded, grateful for Luka's idea. "Should I come with you guys?" He asked. He kind of felt like it might be a good idea to have someone immune to Esk nearby, in Esk's current mental state, he might be dangerous.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:50 am

Dawn nodded and looked to Esk again "Yeah, we can go get a drink together" She said gently. She didn't like to see either of them hurt like this.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:09 am

Esk looked tense. "Fine." He spoke through gritted teeth. He looked at Kay once more. "I should warn you, there are bounty hunters on this station. Don't go telling people what ship you're from. It's not that I don't want to see you hurt, it's just i'd rather be the one doing it you know?"

Kay nodded, this was about as close to a level of concern he could really expect from his brother.

[I'm glad you're safe.] He told him.

Esk snorted. "We both know that won't last."

[Even so.]

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:13 am

"A werewolf and an android without the three laws, is it any wonder the ship is wanted? Even without p*ssing off the Family. You people really should be more careful" Rigel said, looking at Kay and Asher then shaking his head "Makes one wonder what other secrets are on that ship."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:21 am

Asher winced. "We are careful. Most of the time, we avoid detection entirely. This is a most unusual situation."

James looked guilty.

Asher patted James' shoulder. "I'm glad you found me. Any danger is well worth it if it let me see you again."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:23 am

"You might want to change your ship's name and registration numbers then, since Vestia is what is on the warrant, even if it's a false one" Rigel added with a frown "Not a hard thing to do really."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Kay flinched at Rigel's words but nodded at his suggestion. It was something worth looking into.

Esk looked a little smug, Rigel understood. "Wherever my brother goes, misfortune is sure to follow." He told him matter of factly.

Kay lowered his head.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:45 pm

"Come on, Esk! Let's get you drunk!" James said firmly. He needed to get Esk and Kay away from each other, this was too unpleasant. He gave Asher a 'you're not off the hook yet' look, then opened the airlock for Esk.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:54 pm

Kay looked appologeticly to Asher. He felt kinda bad that his own family issues had gotten in the way of this much needed reunion of his and James'.

Esk shook his head. "Stay and interrogate your brother." He told James flatly. "Maybe i'll go find my other brother."

Kay looked worried.

"Oh relax, I won't shoot HIM. HE isn't a monster." Esk waved a hand dismissively. "Maybe i'll have a chat to the rest of your crew."

[Please Stellan, don't.]

"They deserve to know what they've let amongst them, don't worry, they probably won't kill you for it." He smirked.

[You're right, and I will tell them just not know. They have enough to worry about.]

"Oh how virtuous of you." Esk scoffed.

Kay's eyes narrowed.

Esk looked satisfied at that. "I'd say it was pleasant to see you again Kaylr, but it never is." He headed out of the airlock.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:26 pm

James looked at the others. "Damn, my family issues don't seem so bad now," he joked weakly. He looked at Kay in concern, "Do you and my bro want to talk alone for a bit? You seem like you have a lot to think about."

Asher gave Kay a reassuring smile, "Might be a good idea. What do you think, Kay?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:30 pm

Kay looked exhausted, but he shook his head. [It's fine. My family issues and emotional baggage can wait. He doesn't know what the rest of the crew look like anyway and Matt can take care of himself. I'm sorry about all that. ] He smiled weakly at Asher. [This is why we never have family reunions.]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:56 pm

Asher laughed softly. "It's all right, I guess it's just a day of unexpected reunions, for better or worse."

James nodded. "I mean, that one kinda sucked, but Swarm had a reunion and we did, so I guess someone else had to get one as well." He smiled, "Esk is a sweetheart when he's drunk. Things should smooth out now, hopefully, even if you bump into him again."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39