Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Three

4 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Three - Page 11 Empty Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Three

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

[I can't say i've ever seen him drunk actually. I haven't seen him in nearly ten years.] Hmm that'd be interesting. [He got tall.] He smiled oddly, trying to make light of what was clearly pretty awkward and difficult.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Three - Page 11 Empty Re: Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Three

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:04 pm

Esk nodded. "I don't want to have to find another job. As long as you don't set me mopping floors, i'm good."

"I'll follow you sir." Luka saluted.

"We remain. " Swarm was at least united on that front.

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Three - Page 11 Empty Re: Upon Silver Devil: Chapter Three

Post by Kooshie Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Tala nodded, pleased with her assignment.

James coughed quietly. "Well the Capt-Acus bought me because I was male, and also to be a medic. Now there are other men here, and also there's a better medic, not to mention there are reasons for me to stay with Vestia..."

Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:12 pm

"James, as I already told you, I don't go for males, so that point is uneeded. Being a medic assistant and janitor and sometimes engineer until you find something you actually are interested in making a career could be a good thing." Rigel said as he looked to James then around at the others "Is anyone opposed to us staying with Vestia and her crew for the time being?" He wanted to stay for this fight, if there was one, and because he liked Vestia and her crew.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Luka looked at James in shock. "you... you're not going to stay with us?"

Esk shrugged. "Unless Rigel intends for us to leave right now, what does it matter?"

Luka nodded. "I don't think it's safe to fly off out there until the Family are dealt with... sir."

Swarm hummed. "We agree. This is a debate for another time."

flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:21 pm

"We shall stay for the battle. There is no reason to rush away," Tala agreed.

James frowned, but nodded. "Yeah, I just dunno. I need the time to think."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:26 pm

"It wouldn't be the same here without you James" Dawn said softly then dipped her head "But you are your own person and it is your choice. I agree, we should stay with Vestia for now."

Rigel nodded and glanced around at the others again "Good, it's decided then, we will stay with them for now, though we need to keep the SD ready to fly at any time, just in case."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Luka nodded grimly, trying to hide how distraught she was at the idea of losing James.

Esk grunted and straightened up, unfolding his arms.

Swarm hesitated. "Meeting adjourned?" they asked.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:52 pm

"Yeah, meeting adjourned" Rigel agreed, having forgotten to say that before.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:53 pm

"I suggest that we run full diagnostics on all the defense systems," Tala said. "We have not done such for some time."

James wanted to stay, he just wasn't sure the others weren't just going to tolerate him as a freeloader. He didn't want to be a freeloader, he had the painful suspicion that Acus has just been keeping him on the hope that James would date him someday, and he wanted that feeling gone. "I'll uh, help if we do diagnostics, I know how," he said.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Rigel smiled and nodded at that "Yeah, we want this old girl to be ready for anything, and it's best to do that while we have the time and are docked here." He knew repairs while in space could be the worst to get done.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Tala looked around at the crew. "How many here know how to perform maintenance on defense systems?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Luka nodded. "I know a little."

Esk was about to volunteer, he could learn, but then he moved and it took all he had not to cry out in pain.
"I'm... gonna do other things." He made his way for the exit, not willing to let everyone see how weak he was right now.

Swarm scattered.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:33 pm

"I know engineering." Rigel said with a shrug.

Dawn followed Esk out of the room. "Do you want another creature?" She asked gently once they were away.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:35 pm

Tala nodded. "Captain, Luka, James, you shall assist me in defense. Luka, see to the controls with James. Rigel and I shall check the guns."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Rigel smiled and headed to help her check the guns.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:25 am

Luka nodded and did as she was told, heading up to the controls to do maintanence.

She looked to James once they were alone "Are you alright?" She asked gently.

---

Esk frowned. "You're wierdly okay with all of this. Doesn't it bother you? Watching something die?" Yeah he found Dawn's detachment weird. He was detatched for a good reason, but her? Most people at least flinched or got uncomfortable, even the bloody android.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:03 am

James smiled weakly. "I'm good. Conflicted, but that's not exactly new lately." He reached up to pat Luka's shoulder. "I'll figure it out later. For now, let's give a ship a checkup."

~~
Tala went to get scanners and data readers and equipment to check and repair the guns, then they headed into Vestia's hold to get to work.

Last edited by Kooshie on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:17 am

Luka nodded. "If you need to talk, you know where I am." She smiled sadly. Poor James, he really didn't deserve all this guilt and conflict.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:22 am

"Thanks. I'm so lucky to have you as a friend," James said gratefully. He went with her to get equipment checking/fixing supplies, so then they could head to the cockpit to get to work. "Man, it's been months since I've done something like this," he said, referring to the task ahead.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:18 am

Dawn paused then looked away from him "It has to be done to get you better, and the meat will become food for the rest of us. It's no different really than butchering the animals for your own needs back home, right?" She sounded alright with it, keeping her composure until the last word. She sighed and shook her head "No, it's no different, just a different way to kill them."
~~~
Rigel helped with checking the guns and getting them battle ready, just in case.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:20 am

"yeah it's been a while for me too." Luka admitted, running through the diagnostics.

---

Esk nodded. "Rationalizing it, it makes it easier right?" He winced, his ribs hurt. "it doesn't hurt, apparently it doesn't hurt. " He shook his head and didn't elaborate on how he knew that. "there's worse ways to die."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:37 am

Tala cleaned the guns, and adjusted their mountings, letting Rigel handle the diagnostics stuff, which involved reading. "You are a most satisfactory captain," she informed him, "not all maintain their own ships."

~~
James opened a control panel and started poking around in it. "It's like spring cleaning or something, man."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 am

Luka chuckled. "I suppose so." She tightened some screws. "poor old girl, she needs a good scrub down. Isn't that right girl? You get a spa day, we'll make you sparkle inside and out." She patted the control panel affectionately.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:57 am

"I can never tell if you're talking to her like a dog, or like a girlfriend," James joked, adjusting some wires so they were sorted by color.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:05 am

Luka stuck her tongue out at James. "We don't have dogs back home." she patted the ship controls one last time. "and it's totally platonic so HAH."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:12 am

"Okay, a cat then!" James leaned back so he could see Luka, and stuck out his tongue at her. "Although it sure doesn't feel platonic to me, so maybe it's not a cat, actually." He stuck his head back in the control panel and started sorting wires again, making sure they were all securely connected.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:20 am

Luka snorted. "don't you listen to him old girl, he's just jealous because I spend more time with you."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next