Last edited by Kooshie on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Bianca, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia

Back to top Go down

Re: Terra - New Paris

Post by Starrnico on Mon May 23, 2016 9:38 pm

"I am working on that too" Starr said then looked to Asher and spoke just over a normal level "Can you pick out some cakes for everyone and have them sent to Vestia? I'll be back momentarily" She said then looked back to the baker "Still have to get upgrades to his hearing too, but he was a gift, so I work with what I have" She did not want Asher to be seen as a threat and hoped he caught on since she knew he could hear them both if he wanted to.

~~~
"Just someone I know who shouldn't be here" Shane said and frowned deeper "He should be where the boss is when I'm not around" He added and glanced around again, not liking the implications

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Mon May 23, 2016 9:50 pm

"Of course, ma'am," Asher said, seeing what Starr was doing. He began studiously looking at cakes, letting himself seem more comfortingly robotic.

~~
"Ooh," she said, concerned, "So, how mean is your boss really?"
The man turned away slightly, if Shane looked in the window reflection, he would see the man's lips barely moving as he spoke to someone on his comm.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon May 23, 2016 9:54 pm

Starr smiled and dipped her head to the woman then glanced to Asher before going to the stairs to go up tot he third floor and the second door after reaching that

~~
"You don't want to know. Trust me" Shane said and glanced to the reflection then sighed "Though I have a feeling you will soon find out, if we can't ditch them." He said though he knew doing such could get him in trouble.
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Mon May 23, 2016 10:00 pm

The door was answered by an ancient creature with the face and hands of a lizard, and a humanoid body. "Can I help you?" it asked in a genderless voice.

~~
"There's a stop coming right up. They might be expecting us to get off the train there though? Maybe we should stay on," said Ellie.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon May 23, 2016 10:06 pm

Starr dipped her head in respect to the ancient one "I have come in search of things hard to find" She said then looked to him again "terbium and a safeguard for my android against searches."

~~
Shane smiled at her then stood up and reached for her hand "If you want to, I might have a way to lose them, you have to stay close with me though"
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Mon May 23, 2016 10:15 pm

It tilted its head, one eye rotating to look at her while the other scanned the room. "The terbium is easy enough, depending on how much you're looking for. Androids are a different sort of problem though, as they exist entirely apart from the arcane. They can be edited, rebuilt, changed to restore access to their data, no matter what spell you use, or hardware modification you make." The lizard-creature's tongue snaked out to lick its eye, "Have you considered simply ordering yours to resist searches?"

~~
Ellie nodded. "I'm with you, whatever your plan is." She smiled grimly, "Worst that happens, we get to visit your family."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon May 23, 2016 10:25 pm

"Yes, I considered it. I need to get 20 oz." Starr said, turning the conversation back tot he metal again

~~
"They are not my family, even if they did raise me" Shane said, moving to the door when they approached the next stop.
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Mon May 23, 2016 10:34 pm

"Twenty ounces, hmm? You must have some very interesting plans," it said, moving to look at a number of containers on a shelf. It pulled down one and poured out a stream of smooth metal pellets into a scale, weighing them out carefully. "Are these of adequate quality?" it asked, handing her one to inspect.

~~
"That was the impression I was getting. I was being ironic," Ellie said, following him. "We'll try to not get caught."
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon May 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Starr looked at the metal, testing it's strength then nodding and handing it back "Yes, that looks fine" She replied, glad they had enough of it on hand here. "I always have plans going, some are far more fruitful than others"

~~~
Shane chuckled and looked to her "Ready?" He asked, stepping out when the transport stopped and the door opened then taking off in a run to get to the closest transport to that one. He wouldn't stay on that one though, going down to the nest car to get off on the opposite side and running for the next train to get on just before the doors would close. He didn't let go of her hand the entire time, not wanting to get lost from her.

What he didn't notice until it was too late would be the group that was on that train car already.
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Mon May 23, 2016 10:50 pm

The creature poured the metal into a muffled bag. "We don't accept credits here, so I hope you have a bitcoin transfer device, or cash."

~~
Ellie followed him closely, gripping his hand tightly. For a moment as they entered the car, she thought they had lost their pursuers, and grinned with triumph, then she saw the obviously prepared team waiting on the train, and the smile slipped off her face again. "Uh oh," she said softly.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Mon May 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Starr nodded and turned a little to open a portal as big as her hand then reached in to pull something out. It was a bag of cash that she kept tucked away safely in another dimension. "How much exactly?" She asked then smiled at the lizard.

~~~
"What? Oh" Shane asked as he turned then noticed the group "Um, Hi" He added with a wave at them. "What's up?" He asked, subconsciously moving to be between them and Ellie
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Mon May 23, 2016 11:11 pm

(Ack! Metal prices! I have no idea what this stuff is worth. Razz )

"Twelve thousand, eight hundred, ninety-five," it said calmly, eyes pointing at Starr and the portal, respectively.

~~
"So your back on Earth, and you didn't tell the boss," said one of the group, his boringly pleasant business clothes and forgettable face completely at odds with his alert stance and the tranquilizer gun he carried. "Are you going to come quietly, or will we have to tranq you both you and your girlfriend, and drag you home?"
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue May 24, 2016 5:53 am

(Me either, lol)
Starr calmly counted out the amount and held it out to the lizard, waiting for it to give her the metal.

~~~
"When have I not gone back?" Shane asked with a frown "Look, let me get her back to her ship and I'll be back asap even though I do still have a couple more days from the timeline he gave me."
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue May 24, 2016 7:34 am

The lizard inspected the money, then handed her the metal. It forced its inflexible face into an expression that loosely approximated a smile. "Come back any time. And good luck with your robot."

~~
"Negotiate with the boss, not us. It's not our job to answer questions," the man said. "Now what are you going to do, Shane?"
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue May 24, 2016 7:39 am

"Thank you" Starr said and slipped the metal and remaining money into the dimensional pocket so she could close it and turned to walk out.

~~~
Shane glanced to Ellie then back to the others again "I guess she's meeting the boss then, but this is on you Robbie, you know he doesn't like uninvited guests as well as I do"
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue May 24, 2016 7:50 am

Asher was waiting outside the bakery, having selected a few cakes and had them sent to the ship. He nodded in greeting as Starr came out. "Hello again, ma'am," he said, still acting less human to comfort the illegal dealers in the building.

~~
"He also doesn't like witnesses," Robbie said.
"I hope that wasn't intended to be as ominous as it sounded," commented Ellie.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinn The Fox on Tue May 24, 2016 7:58 am

Merith smiled, "Well, Little Gem?" He said softly, holding her hand, "Where do you want to go first?"

----

Sonata watched from the train car behind them, eyeing the people through the panes glass with curiosity. Jay and the other boy were chatting with her about the recent failure, but paused when they realized something had caught her attention, turning to also look at the strange group in the other car.
Quinn The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue May 24, 2016 8:20 am

Quinn The Fox wrote:Merith smiled, "Well, Little Gem?" He said softly, holding her hand, "Where do you want to go first?"

----

Sonata watched from the train car behind them, eyeing the people through the panes glass with curiosity. Jay and the other boy were chatting with her about the recent failure, but paused when they realized something had caught her attention, turning to also look at the strange group in the other car.
"I... Uhm don't know..." She squeaked, her brain in overload as Heny softly smiled, thinking for a moment before speaking.

"How about the doll section first? Perhaps to make this easier for both of us maybe keep the toy limit to ten?" She suggested.

Admin
Admin

http://vestiaswanderings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue May 24, 2016 9:03 am

Kooshie wrote:Asher was waiting outside the bakery, having selected a few cakes and had them sent to the ship. He nodded in greeting as Starr came out. "Hello again, ma'am," he said, still acting less human to comfort the illegal dealers in the building.

~~
"He also doesn't like witnesses," Robbie said.
"I hope that wasn't intended to be as ominous as it sounded," commented Ellie.
Starr smiled and came over to Asher, taking his arm then looking around again "Now that business is done, how about we drop off the basket and go sightseeing? " She said cheerily. " All these changes would be interesting to see I think."

~~~
Shane nodded "How well I know that." He said then looked at Ellie and took her hand "I am sorry, I was trying to keep you out of this."
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue May 24, 2016 9:18 am

"That sounds like an excellent plan," Asher said, returning to his normal mannerisms as they moved away from the bakery. "You can tell me about what this city used to be like last time you were here."

~~
"It's okay, at least we won't be bored I guess," Ellie said with a wry smile.
The team lead them off the train at the next stop, and up to the street level where a hoverbus was waiting.
"Get in," said Robbie.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue May 24, 2016 9:26 am

Starr chuckled and nodded. She hailed a transport then got in so they could take the other supplies in her shuttle and be on their way for simple fun for once.

~~
"Last chance to let the girl go before she learns more than she should know Robbie." Shane said and looked at him then glanced to Ellie before getting in.
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue May 24, 2016 9:37 am

The scenery swept along below the vehicle, river, rooftop gardens, thousands of people in their own vehicles, on public transit, or simply walking the streets. The spaceport stretched huge and grey in the distance, glittering with the shapes of innumerable ships.
"It certainly is an impressive city," Asher said.

~~
"Sorry, you know the rules," Robbie said, slamming the door behind them and climbing into the front compartment. The hoverbus lifted off smoothly, humming as its antigrav engines powered up.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue May 24, 2016 9:47 am

"Yes, as impressive as their cities of the past were." Starr said softly, looking out at the scenery. "Humans can make lovely things so easily.

~~~
"Yeah, that's why I tried to keep her out of contact with everyone here." Shane said and sat back, looking at Ellie again. " And why I wouldn't give names for anyone I know here, but now that you are going to be meeting him, I guess we can talk more."
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue May 24, 2016 10:09 am

(Mind if we take this opportunity to rescue my new character? lol)

"It almost defies imagination, how Old Paris could have been almost abandoned for so long, and then they built a whole new one to replace it," he said.
The shuttle flew into spaceport airspace, making its way around ascending and descending ships toward Vestia.

~~
Ellie leaned forward, curious. She was worried about what was happening of course, but more than that, she wanted to know what was going on. Especially since it would mean learning more about the very cute guy who grew up on her favorite planet.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue May 24, 2016 10:31 am

(We going to save a rat? Lol)
Starr nodded then shrugged. "From what I know it comes in waves, some want to save the past, others don't. "

~~~
"Well, you did ask his name before, It's Lucian Powers, or that is the name he uses anyway." Shane said then shrugged again "I get the feeling at times that is not his birth name."
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie on Tue May 24, 2016 10:45 am

(Well there's a drone chasing it around right outside Vestia, so I guess we might as well intervene, haha)

"Usually follows a wave of extremely rapid progress, if I know any history at all," Asher said, "Magic, artificial intelligence, the invention of the world-scale bio bomb."

~~
"So you're a supervillain's mook. Okay, I can accept that," joked Ellie.
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico on Tue May 24, 2016 11:46 am

Starr nodded, but was distracted by a drone flying around Vestia. " What is that drone doing? " She asked, thinking it was something to do with one of rhem

~~~
"Bodyguard, yeah." Shane said then smiled at her. "And you just accept it that easily? "
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum