Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six

3 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six - Page 37 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six

Post by Kooshie Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ellie frowned a little at the question. "Yeah, I've talked to them. They're glad to know I'm okay. It's so strange how much older they are now, though." In the photos she'd seen, they both had a lot of gray hairs she didn't remember from before.

~~
Ethan looked amused. "The library's always open. You can stop by any time you want, as long as you don't get sugar on the books."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six - Page 37 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six

Post by Starrnico Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:53 pm

"There was a lady that had a queen cat, she wanted others to be able to have the kittens, and mom said we could get one. It's funny calling a cat a queen, but that's the term they used." Kerr answered with a grin.

Danika nodded and smiled at Ellie. "I would like help, thank you."

Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six - Page 37 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Six

Post by Kooshie Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Ellie giggled. "Cats are basically royalty, so it makes sense that they're called queens, I guess." She looked at Danika gain, "Great! We can totally work on that when you want to. Or maybe you and Kay should, I bet he's good at decorating."
She didn't really think Kay was good at decorating, but you know, father-daughter reunions and all that.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:27 pm

Kay looked bewildered. Terrans called female cats queens? Terrans were wierd.
he idly wondered what they called males.

He nodded to Danika. [Would you like my help?]
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:33 pm

Danika grinned and nodded, looking to Kay again. "I would love your help." She said and stood, taking the kitten with her to her room to check it out.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Kay smiled a little more genuinely this time and followed Danika.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:01 pm

Ellie stayed where she was on the floor, she figured Danika and Kay should spend more time together. She couldn't get over their adorable family resemblance yet, omg.
"Do you want to set anything up in your rooms?" she asked Vela and Kerr.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:43 pm

Danika happily went to her room, looking at the cat stuff that had been dropped off her her few things she had.

"You can help me, if you want" Vela said softly, shyly. She stretched much like her kitten before standing and picking up the lapcat and heading to her room.

Kerr just shrugged not minding what they did.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:43 pm

Kay looked around the room curiously, most of the suites here were pretty similar. It will be nice to all be together again... He mused
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:39 pm

Ellie smiled and stood up. "Sounds good. I'm sure we can make your room look great, Vela!" She followed the dragon girl, happy to help.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:23 pm

Danika finally decided which bag/box to start with, opening one and spilling the contents out before grabbing some clothes and moving to put them away. "This kitten likes to play, do you want to put the tree thing together?" She asked, wanting to work on that with him.

~~
Vela smiled and opened her door, stepping in and looking to the window then back to Ellie. "Where do you think we should start?"
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:29 am

"I always say start with decorating, then work backward from there," Ellie said. "So, what sort of stuff do we have here that can be used as decoration?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:02 am

Vela tilted her head and looked to the cat stuff then over to her things. "I don't really have a lot to decorate with." She said honestly, going to open a box with what she did have, posters mostly. The posters were kid friendly things like the 'hang in there' kitten and other encouragements.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:22 pm

Ellie grinned. "Just means we'll have to go shopping sometime! Do you like plants? I could get you a cat-safe houseplant, too." She picked up a poster to look at.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:38 pm

"I would like some plants. I like nature." Vela said and smiled, picking up another poster and looking for a place to stick it.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:39 pm

Kay nodded, though truthfully he had no idea how to put together this cat tree thing, or even what it SHOULD look like.
He wasn't able to fully hide how bewildered he was by it as he picked up a piece and puzzled over where to start.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:44 pm

Danika looked to him then came over and looked in the box, picking out the instructions and holding them up to him. "Here's the instructions" She said with a grin.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:13 am

Kay looked grateful, taking the instructions and reading through them carefully. So, this was the base and then this bit went to this... okay, this was fairly straightforward. He thought.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:56 am

Danika read what she could while he looked at it then moved to set out the pieces so they could put it together
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:34 am

Ellie took the poster she'd chosen and started testing out places on the wall for it. "Sounds good. What's your favorite color? I can try to find you something with pretty flowers." She held the poster up above a shelf. "Do you like this here?"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:19 pm

Vela thought about that a minute then shrugged "I like purple and blue mostly." She said and looked to Ellie. "That should be a good place, depending on what we find to put on the shelf." She added thoughtfully.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:08 pm

Ellie smiled. "I think lavender is supposed to be safe for cats, although I'd have to double check that. Some of that might be nice in here, if the smell doesn't bother you." She considered the shelf. "I guess you'd want something you don't mind being clawed up there, just in case the cat somehow gets on the shelf. Until she gets older and calmer, at least."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:32 pm

"Yeah, she's a good girl most of the time but she is still a kitten." Vela said with a smile
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:51 am

Frankly DIY wasn't Kay's strong point, nor apparently were following written instructions. He was far more a hands on sort of learner and even then, he was fairly impatient.

Putting together this cat tree should have been relatively simple, shouldn't it? Yet he kept getting confused about what bit went where and the screws weren't cooperating. Gah!
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:55 pm

Danika helped where she could, moving pieces to where they were supposed to be so he could put them together. She was enjoying helping make this.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:02 pm

Kay wasn't really enjoying this, he'd never enjoyed building things. It wasn't something that came naturally and he was far too easily frustrated by failure.
But having Danika here helped keep him at least calm enough to finish the acursed thing without too much outward stress.

Though he still had no idea what this THING was.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:48 pm

Once it was together, Danika helped move it to the wall and set the kitten on one of the platforms. "Cats like climbing and scratching, this has both types of playing in one thing."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:29 pm

Kay watched the kitten, nodded vuagely and put the instructions back into the box. It made sense he supposed, in the absence of nature to create fake trees and such.

He idly wondered if cats liked being on space ships, there wasn't really much to hunt or climb.

He looked at the box thoughtfully, then tipped it on its side. Apparently cats also like boxes. He smiled.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next