Vestia's Wanderings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

3 posters

Page 13 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 39  Next

Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two - Page 13 Empty Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Post by Kooshie Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

James went into Armin's room. "Hey man, watcha working on?" he asked, seeing that Armin was sewing.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters
Names: Asher, Ellie, Ethan, James, Tala, Vestia, Zara

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two - Page 13 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Post by Kooshie Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:02 pm

"I guess that makes sense, I've never been a parent so this is all guesswork," James told Matt cheerfully.

The meatballs continued to sizzle, James took them off the heat when he figured they were probably done. They looked pretty burnt.

"Uh here, try these. Once you can touch them without burning yourself, I mean," James said.

Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two - Page 13 Empty Re: Upon Vestia: Chapter Thirty-Two

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:16 pm

Matt blew on the meatballs a few times, prodding them till he decided they were cool enough to risk putting in his mouth.
they were pretty crunchy and kinda bitter. Yep, burned. He looked thoughtful.
"Maybe.. less crispy?" He shrugged. "Yeah... I dunno man, it's not like there's a course you can do on parenting.. is there?" Shit, maybe there was. Should he do that?

flying_purple_monkfish

Characters
Names: Matt, Kay, Mourn, Swarm, Luka, Esk, Armin, Amity, Hewitt, Ivor, Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Starr shook her head and smiled "No, nothing right now. This early it's all eat and sleep as much as possible." She said with a chuckle. "Having so many that want to interact with her will make sure she gets plenty of attention and caring."

The babies and Shane were happy to play with Ellie until the kids had to take their naps.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters
Names: Starr Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:38 am

"and what about you Miss Starr?" Armin asked. "Do YOU need anything?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:41 am

"Okay, less crispy. Let's try this again." James dropped another few tiny meatballs onto the pan, which was still hot enough that they instantly started sizzling. "There probably is a course, online or something. And I know there are parenting books in the library cause Asher started reading some of them when Danika hatched." James shrugged.

~~
Ellie was a little sad when the kids needed their naps, but she promised to visit again soon. They were such adorable little dragons.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:52 am

Starr flushed lightly and dipped her head. "I don't think so. I'll have to go eat soon." She said with a shrug. She wasn't really used to thinking about herself other than basic needs. She looked at the shawl he had made her and ran her fingers over the material again.

~~~
"We will return, but they are just kids and need sleep." Shane said gently, reaching for her hand. "Want to get something to eat or something?" He asked gently.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:06 pm

"Yeah," Ellie agreed. "It's just so much fun to spend time with them, you know." She did get that the kids needed rest though. They were still so young, they got tired quickly. "Sure, let's go eat something."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Armin bowed his head. "I can watch Luna, if... you need. You need just ask."

---

Matt looked thoughtful. "Maaan, I don't like school."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:56 pm

James snorted. "I've never been to one, I don't know. But like, there are ways to learn stuff is all I'm saying."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:37 pm

"Well I say school... I never.. actually went to a proper school either." Matt blinked, huh, he'd not really considered that. "Olin taught us all, as best she could. You know, reading, writing, what not to try to eat." He laughed at that. "but uh.. not cooking. I guess... she thought she'd be around a lot longer and we wouldn't need to fend for ourselves..." He looked sombre for a moment, then pointed at the meatballs "should you turn them maybe?"
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:44 pm

James looked unhappy at that thought. Poor Matt and his family, losing Olin had to have been awful. He didn't know about the werewolf attack, but he knew what it was like to lose someone you loved.
"I'm sorry," he said. "That's rough." He yelped at Matt's reminder and hastily tried to turn the meatballs, which had burned again. "Darn."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:48 pm

"this is really hard!" Matt frowned. "How do people do this on a daily basis?" Eugh, way more trouble than it was worth he thought.
"It's okay... " He shrugged. "Jess could cook, kinda.. I mean it was plainer than Olin's cooking but it kept us alive for two years. And it was better than the factory food. " He made a face.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:28 pm

"I really dunno how people do it. You organics should invent a way to plug yourselves into a power outlet like we do instead of eating, it's so much more efficient and easy." James shook his head. "You should tell Jess she's awesome for doing all that cooking, cause cooking is impossible."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:59 pm

"well she IS a biochemist so... " Matt grinned "Maybe you gotta be super smart for cooking?" He snickered at the idea.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:04 pm

"Definitely possible," James agreed. He considered the remaining meatballs, then dropped them in the pan. "Sadly, I don't think either of us is smart enough to do biochemistry, much less cook food. Tobias and Carlos like cooking though. Sometimes they just come in here and make pancakes or muffins or whatever. It's weird." He nodded.
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Kooshie wrote:"Yeah," Ellie agreed. "It's just so much fun to spend time with them, you know." She did get that the kids needed rest though. They were still so young, they got tired quickly. "Sure, let's go eat something."
Shane smiled and took her hand to walk with her to find a place to eat, likely the cafeteria since Sawna was down here.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:17 pm

flying_purple_monkfish wrote:Armin bowed his head. "I can watch Luna, if... you need. You need just ask."

---

Matt looked thoughtful. "Maaan, I don't like school."
Starr smiled and looked up at Armin again. "Thank you, I will keep that in mind. We can come and visit you in your room sometimes if you want."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:17 am

"the androids?" Matt looked confused. "Why?" Wierd, why do something you couldn't then enjoy? bizarre.
then again, androids also didn't enjoy sex and apparently did that too so... mmm.. androids were maybe just a bit weird.
Was that racist? omg that was totally racist. Oops?
He shook his head and changed the subject. "Maybe we need to enlist someone with more experience in this." He suggested.

----

Armin nodded "I would like that." He pet Luna gently as she snoozed.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:22 am

"How are you today?" Starr asked, looking up at him again. "Let me know if you need to go back and rest some more."
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:30 am

Ellie took Shane's hand and practically bounced along toward the cafeteria. That woman had a lot of energy sometimes. She let Shane lead the way.

~~
James shrugged. "I guess it's like Esk and his drawings. He doesn't draw for the money or any practical reason like that, he just does it cause it's something he likes doing." He nodded, and turned the meatballs before the burned this time. "Yeah, we could probably use some help here."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:10 am

Shane chuckled and went with Ellie to the cafeteria. She made him feel younger just to be around her. Usually he felt older, but now he could relax and play with her as they walked along.
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:33 am

(Are they going to Sawna's cafe, or the cafeteria?)
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Starrnico Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:35 am

(Cafeteria)
Starrnico
Starrnico

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:54 am

Matt nodded. "Have you ever seen his drawings?" He asked. "He's really weird about it with me, won't let me see. He was always like that, doodling away but he'd always hide it. Like he was.. I dunno... ashamed of it or something?" He shrugged. "maybe just secretive." He looked thoughtful. "Who's good at cooking around here?"

---

Armin bowed his head. "I am well my friend, recovered safely and enjoying my freedom once more." He laughed lightly. "it is good to be able to walk around again."
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:25 pm

(Okay! Then they might find James and Matt, haha)

Ellie headed with Shane into the cafeteria. She'd grab a couple boxes of sugar cereal that she liked. "I smell something cooking," she remarked.

~~
"I saw that mug he decorated for Kay," James said. "He's pretty guarded about showing anyone his drawings though. Maybe drawing is pretty personal for him or something, who knows. "I don't know who's good at cooking really. Dawn showed me some tricks when I was cooking that other time, but other than her, Tobias and Carlos are the only ones I know of who cook. Not sure if any of them are good at it though."
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by flying_purple_monkfish Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:10 pm

Matt looked thoughtful. "think they'd show us?" He started to laugh, remembering that damn mug. Kay had taken to drinking his morning coffee in it daily and giving Esk a smug smirk every single time. It amused him greatly when those two were bickering more like NORMAL siblings rather than Esk threatening to murder everyone.
flying_purple_monkfish
flying_purple_monkfish

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kooshie Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:19 pm

"Maybe, I'm not sure." James smiled a little, "I guess we could ask if you want." He took the meatballs off the heat. "These ones aren't burnt!"
Kooshie
Kooshie
Admin

Characters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 39  Next